[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam seed/destiny continuation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: Screenshot_2016-02-08-00-04-50.png (362KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-08-00-04-50.png
362KB, 1080x1920px
Last thread >>13833606 is about to die, so I decided to start a new one.

I will post under this trip for this thread, and let you know how Destiny goes... if I don't jump in front of a bus....
In the mean time, shitpo......I mean discussion about GS/D happens here.
>>
I just started Destiny. How is this fuccboi alive?
>>
>>13850846
Flashback
>>
>>13850776
For those new here, how did it feel going through SEED? Rate the series on a scale of 1-10. Favorite character, least favorite character, that sorta jizz.
>>
>>13850869
It was mediocre and bland.
Stargazer was the only thing that I enjoyed from any of the seed/destiny line.

SEED stands for: stock-footage, editing errors, and (mindless) drivel.

I did like zechs... I mean char... I mean Dr doom... I mean proto man.... (you catch my drift)

The strike/slaughter dagger were solid MS, and deserve to be in a series that will do them justice.

Other than that, I have nothing to say
>>
>>13850869
I liked Dearka and Yzak a lot actually

So of course Destiny does nothing with them, which is I guess better than what happens to Cagalli
>>
>>13850869
Fukuda is good at using the OST and terrible at everything else. It's an uninspired poor man's 0079 plagued with terrible teen melodrama, ugly character designs and mediocre mecha.
>>
>>13850902
You forgot the greatest thing ever:
astray is fucking boss
>>
>>13850902
>SEED stands for: stock-footage, editing errors, and (mindless) drivel.
>I did like zechs... I mean char... I mean Dr doom... I mean proto man.... (you catch my drift)
Cringe
>>
>>13850953
Don't ever fucking reply to my posts again unless you have something to add
>>
File: 1437566497972.jpg (44KB, 430x300px) Image search: [Google]
1437566497972.jpg
44KB, 430x300px
>>13850986
>>
File: rau.jpg (242KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
rau.jpg
242KB, 500x500px
>>13850902
Yes, SEED's masked man Rau Le Creuset was pretty good. The villain who is PURE villain. Gotta love the man who wanted the Naturals and Coordinators to kill each other.
>>
>>13851000
>Filthy Frank
This is an +18 site.
>>
The meta in this thread is already at /toy/ levels.
Maybe I should jump in front of a bus...
>>
>>13851002
He is the only thing (other than the raider gundam) I liked about the show
>>
>>13851015
Do it.
>>
>>13850846
Found the retard.
>>
>>13850776
>thinking you're some special fucking snowflake because you're going to watch SEED
just fuck off and do it for fucks sake, god damn
>>
>>13851019
>liking raider gundam
the only two good MS in SEED are Buster and Strike Dagger
>>
>>13851002
>Rau Le Creuset was pretty good.
He was mustache twirling villian and one of the most one-dimensional masked man in the franchise.
>>
>>13851837
that just speaks volumes about the rest of the CE character cast
>>
>>13850869
4/10. SEED by itself is below average but not the worst.

Duel a best.
>>
>>13850869
I'm almost done with the show now and I'd give it maybe a 2/10, it started off not completely awful but over the course of the show it's just been beating me over the head with the stupid stick and I just can't care any more
there is no best character
the captain is the worst character, I can't be fucked to remember her name
this show just makes me worried for SEED/D as it seems unanimous that destiny is worse
>>
>>13851002
And he was a perfectly shallow character.
>>
>>13851229
The last thread was funny as fuck.
So go fuck yourself anon
>>
>>13850869
8/10, pretty entertaining
I dont pick favourite characters, but I did not really like Flay
>>
>>13854277
Flay was a piece of shit that was necessary to drive the plot.
>>
Daily reminder that ZAFT literally did nothing wrong.
>>
>>13854378
#Junius7WasAnInsideJob
#StopMobileSuitAppropriation
#CoordinatorLivesMatter
>>
>>13854307
Flay was one of the few characters that had depth.
>>
>>13854412
She was a piece of shit with depth.
>>
>>13854378

Coordinators were a failed infertile race that would doom mankind if they got their way.

Azrael did nothing wrong.
>>
Nearly done with destiny...
Review imminent anons.
>>
>>13854457

The coordinators are the juice.
>>
The rancid Naturals deserved far worse.
>>
>>13854594
Do you not eat, shit or sleep? How acould you possiblity fit in a full series in this amount of time without sacrificing health and hygiene?

If I was sleep deprived, hungry and has shit covering my hands I wouldn't be in the mood to watch Japanese cartoons, that's all I'm saying.
>>
>>13856023
I've marathoned shows like that before. I watched Kamen Rider Faiz in like a day.
>>
>>13856028
My condolences.
>>
>>13850986
upvoted
>>
>>13856023
I'm studying abroad (which means fucking around in a foreign country)
So I basically have infinite time when I'm not in class. So I watch it on my phone, my laptop, school computers etc.
When I have down time I'm watching a Gundam series or building gunpla. Of course I did the whole tourist sight seeing learn the language thing too... but during the week I duck around and go to class
>>
Fuck you guys.
I liked seed/destiny.
My favorite series by far. Most interesting characters, and the reintroduction of the zaku was genius.
/m/ is just whiney beta cucks
>>
This thread is dying :/
>>
>>13860766
Then bring something to discuss. Like how Athrun keeps turning his back on his allies by switching sides to suit whatever sense of morality he has.
>>
>>13860936
He has only one sense of morality: whatever something in a position of power (his father, Lacus, Durandal) tells him what to do. He has absolutely no will or agency of his own.
I'm sure that, if it was up to him, he wouldn't even be piloting a mobile suit in the first place. He'd much rather be dicking around making toys, but noblesse oblige...
>>
>>13860936
Athrun also got cucked by kira
>>
I'll just say it.

I enjoyed Seed and Destiny, but think Destiny is inferior to Seed. Lacus is my favorite female character, but Athrun is my favorite male character, and despite that, Kira x Lacus is my favorite couple and Cagalli x Athrun is my second favorite couple.
>>
>>13851837
>He was mustache twirling villian

Not for the first 2/3's of the show. For the first 2/3's he's just Quattro, but evil.

For the last 1/3'd he becomes a near carbon copy of the Best Char, Katejina
>>
>>13850869
I liked Jesus
>>
>>13850869

5/10, it's not the worst thing in the world but it's not the best thing in the world either

Favourite character would be Lacus, but she's not actually a character, she's a plot device fairy who literally changes characterization to fit the scene, so favourite character is either Cagalli or Mwu

Least favourite character is Kuzzey, he doesn't do anything and sounds like a fag

Favourite MS is the Commander Guaiz
>>
>>13860936

I can't help but wonder how much sense his character in Destiny would be if Athrun just cooled his heels for a few days after Junius Seven, and then got caught up in the wedding thing and was with team Kira from the start.

The only difference would be that then nobody on AA or Minerva would have any connection to each other and they'd be faceless enemies for the whole show.
>>
OP still hasn't reported back in. Was the pain too much?
>>
>>13850869
3/10

Kira is just the fucking worst as he has no personality other than "muh friends".

To make matters worse the supporting cast treat Kira like hes the greatest thing to ever grace them.

The one thing i enjoyed was the design of the Strike and the Freedom. The Astrays were also pretty cool. Other than that is was just not really a fun time.
>>
>>13860957
>He has absolutely no will or agency of his own.

He sort of does. Early Destiny he wants Orb and Zaft to make nice, so his two worlds can be combined and he can feel like he matters again while still being buddies with Kira and Cagalli but this gets torpedoed immediately when they join the EA and he spends from them on basically be ineffective and moping about how none of them are remotely interested in getting along before Durandal basically makes the decision for him by going after him.

He also kind of shows how someone with a Clyne Faction mentality just cannot operate in a regular military anymore.
>>
>>13850869
I like it a lot, actually. 8/10 probably, but back when I saw it the first time around I would no doubt have rated it higher. Destiny kinda ruins it retroactively.

As for favorite character I guess Cagalli, Dearka and Mwu would be on top of the ticket, but I thought Kira and Athrun were p good main characters as well.

The mecha design is good, the reused animation is lame but didn't matter too much for me cause I wasn't watching it for that, and the OST is really good. Those are my thoughts.
>>
>>13863488
>To make matters worse the supporting cast treat Kira like hes the greatest thing to ever grace them.

This is such a lie. It only got started because Shinnfags got butthurt at the post-midpoint shilling of SEEDs Original Cast that only had to happen because Shinn was a shit main character who wasn't carrying his own weight in the first place.

Kira in SEED is treated by the narrative like pretty much any regular main character in any shonen is treated. Sometimes well, sometimes badly, but better towards the end as he gets more powerful/experienced and trusted with more shit. Nothing so special or so bad as to complain about.
>>
>>13860936
Or how the lazy cunts rehashed his character arc.
Also Durandal did nothing wrong
>>
File: 1201161881287.jpg (121KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1201161881287.jpg
121KB, 600x600px
>>13863487
Destiny killed him. I hope someone has found the body before it starts to rot.
>>
File: 1204863102736.jpg (91KB, 481x490px) Image search: [Google]
1204863102736.jpg
91KB, 481x490px
>>13863193
Destiny has some enjoyable parts (very little). For the most part, it was shit.
>>
Almost done with SEED and while not good, it's much more tolerable than 00 S2. Let's see if Destiny is as awful as they say.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.