[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PSO2 Episode 5 - Who watches the Suziki-san?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

>>
Prez, why you let me down?

She's still a gunner, it seems, but she dropped the fun Soro personality, which is a damn shame.
>>
>>13845710
Roleplaying is over. It's self-inserting time
>>
Anyone else waiting for the full OP to get a torrent?
Nyaa doesn't seem to have it
>>
Rina is getting cuter by the episodes.
>>
This show just gets cringey the more I watch it. And having played the game for almost 2 years makes it worse.
>>
So is Phantasy Star just a pseudoMMO RPG like .hack, or an actual current-gen MMO game? It kind of reminds me of Star Ocean 4.
>>
>>13856002
PSO2 is a MMO that's been ongoing since 2012. The only persistant world is the lobby/shop area, on quests you enter 12-man instances where difficulty scales based on the number of participants. (With a few exceptions that are always balanced for 12 players)

The franchise has it's roots in traditional RPGs but has been multiplayer focused since PSO in 2000.
>>
>>13855399

She will be at her peak when she dies in Itsuki's arms.
>>
>>13856002
there's OG Phantasy Star, which is a pretty cool sci-fi RPG series by Sega, most of the entries were on the Genesis (the first was on the Master System)
and then there's the Phantasy Star Online games, which use some terms and shit but otherwise have little to do with the original PS series

it's less MMO than most, the original PSO was you and some other people/friends on the internet banding together and going into instanced dungeons/fields and shit, and PSO2 is that basic concept expanded a bit
Pretty fun, really. Monster Hunter and the like seem to draw clear influence from PSO.

I should probably reinstall PSO2, haven't played since I switched computers. Mild pain to set up as an English speaker, but not too bad.
I heard the plot's taken a nosedive since the anime came out though, not that I was paying any attention to it.
kind of wish PSO2 had a western release, but Sega'd fuck it up probably
>>
>just started this show
>sega bilboard
>Sega academy
>immediately think were's sonic?
>less than 5 seconds later
I'm kinda impressed
>>
>>13856283
But I don't want this, anon.
>>
>>13860613
Yeah, there was an Alex Kidd cameo in episode 2 as well. I was expecting a small Sega refrence in every episode after that, but if they're there I am not seeing them.
>>
>>13863025
Okay we'll put a different mascot every episode like Sonic! And Alex Kidd! and...
uh...
never mind.
>>
File: 1454741506162.png (805KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454741506162.png
805KB, 1280x720px
>>13845558
I love how jealous she gets about anything.
>>
>>13863052
Don't worry, they just loop back to sonic.
Surely there is room for a monkey balls reference at some point. Aside from that all I can think of are Crazy Texas, Ecco, and Vectorman. I don't think they even remember vectorman exists.
>>
They fight the Darkers yet? Or is it boring SoL ecchi comedy?
>>
>>13863498
It's a SOL show about people playing the game (for now). Yes, they have fought darkers, it's really not that cool. The shows about to change directions though afer episodes 4 and 5 since one girl is an NPC escaped to the real world, or something along those lines. I fully expect it to get unnecessarily serious, considering, so far this has been a comedy.
>>
>>13863505
What a shame.
>>
>>13863509
I'm not gonna lie, I'm enjoying it so far, because it has been very relaxing show to watch. It's also not ecchi, I feel like I should have said that in the last post. It's been refreshing compared to the dime of dozen trapped in video game world stories we get now. I really don't want it to turn that direction.
>>
>>13863522
I wholly agree with this. I like the relaxed manner it was presented.
>>
>>13863505
>It's a SOL show about people NOT playing the game just talking about it
There we go. Now it's accurate.
>>
>>13863613
they play it, for like a solid thirty seconds to minute fifteen seconds every episode.
>>
File: pso20160201_160619_013.png (989KB, 1360x748px) Image search: [Google]
pso20160201_160619_013.png
989KB, 1360x748px
>>13863505
>the game's EP4 Story Board also shows your character going to the real world saving a girl and her chara spawnling.
>mfw they are trying to merge the anime and the actual game
>>
File: feelsbadnuman1.jpg (7KB, 114x165px) Image search: [Google]
feelsbadnuman1.jpg
7KB, 114x165px
>>13866419
>trying to merge the anime and the actual game
Already happened, whatshername from your picture there appeared episode 5 of the show.

People have been talking about the game tieing in with the show for ages now, with the whole "we're all video game characters" twist and all but I dismissed it all as utter bollocks. Because as if they would do something so retarded, right? Ha ha ha.

Feels bad, numan.
>>
>>13866450
She did?
>>
File: shot0002.png (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shot0002.png
3MB, 1280x720px
>>13866459
She did.
>>
I'm still waiting for when they acknowledge that PSO2 is not the only PS in existence and make one or two references to older games.
>>
>>13866419
The anime takes place before the game's EP4. The anime started in September 05, 2027. When Hitsugi "logs out" back to Earth, it's March 22, 2028.

>>13866450
But we're not video game characters. It's already been said that the Earth is another dimension/universe.

Think about it. Hitsugi is in PSO2 under the orders of some Mother Cluster. They probably set up this whole thing to look like a harmless game, hence, the UI with the log out. All these people playing it is like a free workforce.

I still think it's too soon to write it off.
>>
>>13868212
No wonder she doesn't look like she just slept with her character in bed.
>>
>>13863052

You could also see the Sega Hard Girls portrait in one of the rooms.
>>
>>13852425
Just get it from Anime OST sites instead. I guess the usual uploaders on Nyaa doesn't care about it.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.