[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is ANT considered bad when it is almost exactly the same

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: zeta ant.jpg (63KB, 284x400px) Image search: [Google]
zeta ant.jpg
63KB, 284x400px
Why is ANT considered bad when it is almost exactly the same as Zeta? Is it because Zeta has always been bad and people don't realize it until they rewatch it in ANT form?
>>
As much as I hate Zeta, ANT is legitimately a lot worse.
>>
>>13842458
>when it is almost exactly the same as Zeta?

Except for the large chunks where it's not. The parts where plot points and character motivations are punched out. Where some characters literally fall out of the movie cause there's no time to explain they didn't make it. Where character arcs are shifted and, subsequently, motivations are fucked with. And, of course, where the ending is retooled to be happier, even in the face of all logic.
>>
>>13842458
>Why is ANT considered bad when it is almost exactly the same as Zeta?
That's because it showed the truth to Zetafags, but they decided to deny it and instead say that ANT is shit and Zeta is not.

>Is it because Zeta has always been bad and people don't realize it until they rewatch it in ANT form?
No, it's because it summarizes the show perfectly, but they can't accept this.
>>
>>13842493
No, ANT is better since it makes another shit show not-canon.
>>
>>13842503
>The parts where plot points and character motivations are punched out.
It is not like these were such strong points in the series.
>>
File: 080.jpg (28KB, 550x633px) Image search: [Google]
080.jpg
28KB, 550x633px
>Is it because Zeta has always been bad and people don't realize it until they rewatch it in ANT form?
>>
>>13842519
>le bait xDDDD
Zetafag detected
>>
>>13842512
Regardless of your opinion of them, the point remains - they've been altered, some considerably so, so to say it's almost exactly the same is incorrect.

But then, this is all a pretty ham-handed excuse to troll Zetafans (or fags, as I'm sure you would refer to them) so I imagine you aren't looking for serious answers, huh?
>>
>>13842528
Here
>>13842524
Just as predicted. At least try and surprise us a little, hm? I realize you do this a lot, but make it worth our while from time to time by doing something different from the established formula.

You started off kind of on a new footing, but you're already going back to the same boring trolling and comebacks.
Come now, I'm sure you can do better than that.
>>
>>13842528
> they've been altered, some considerably so, so to say it's almost exactly the same is incorrect.
This would've been true had the movies been completely different from the show, but they aren't. I've seen both and the movies do a great job of compressing the show. That's why they're shit, it's because the show they're compressing was shit to begin with.
>>
>>13842509
Just because you reverse Black_Knight's "logic" doesn't make it any less retarded.
>>
>>13842540
>caring about a shitty tripfag
ZZ is almost as bad as Zeta, and I'm glad ANT made it non-canon.
>>
>>13842537
>the movies do a great job of compressing the show.

>intothegarbage.jpg
>>
>>13842503
>Except for the large chunks where it's not. The parts where plot points and character motivations are punched out. Where some characters literally fall out of the movie cause there's no time to explain they didn't make it. Where character arcs are shifted and, subsequently, motivations are fucked with. And, of course, where the ending is retooled to be happier, even in the face of all logic.

No. The relation of Zeta to ANT is the same as that of 0079 to the Gundam Movie Trilogy. Yes some things were changed, but the essence, the quintessence of the tv series still remains in the films. If you say that ANT is shit then the Zeta the tv series is also shit. Because ANT (ending apart) is a condensed version of Zeta. It's all in there the good (little) and the bad (a lot). So it's hypocritical to damn ANT and then praise Zeta.
>>
>>13842544
See, this is what Zetafags actually believe. They're just so deluded to admit that the show the movies compressed is so shit, that they would rather say the movies are shit, not the show.

>>13842551
>So it's hypocritical to damn ANT and then praise Zeta.
It's basically this, but you know they will still say it.
>>
Had the TV show cut out a bunch of the earth arc then it would have been a lot better because said episodes could have been invested in more interesting things. But here is the catch ANT does downscale the hell out of the earth arc but it's only three movies hence nothing could really be expanded on so in the essence you are left with the same shit.
>>
>>13842503
This. I also find the new animation clashes with the old too much. It's a jarring movie, aesthetically.

The original series' movies had their issues from condensing as well, but it was much more successful than the Zeta movies are. I wouldn't call ANT awful, but it's clumsy and inferior to the series and frequently pretty bad in comparison.

Nice bait thread, by the way.
>>
>>13842655
>Nice bait thread, by the way.
See >>13842524
>>
>>13842505
>>13842537
>Movie compliations are just as good as watching the show
I love this meme
>>
>>13842458
It is very similar but every change is bad. Especially the ending. Also the shitty digital coloring clashes so badly with the old clips.
>>
>>13842659
Cool.
>>
>>13842458
I know you just want to start zeta shitposting, but people don't like ANT because not only does it cut out large portions of the original anime, it awkwardly switches from old animation to new animation frequently and changes the ending.
>>
>>13842661
>zetafags still denying the truth
I love this meme

>>13842767
>and changes the ending.
So people who like Zeta are also edgy fucks who would prefer for Kamille to get braindead rather than having a good end?
>>
>>13842777
>>13842793
Nice.
No, people liked Zeta's ending because it didn't conveniently give Kamille a happy ending while everyone else died just because he was the main character. War caused suffering for everyone else, and Kamille's ending exemplified that. I'm not going to say it's a fantastic ending, and you could say the newtype powers already give him some protagonist privelage, but I thought it was a lot more refreshing and original than the one in ANT.
Though on that note, I'm also one of the people that actually liked the ANT movies even with the flaws, so I can't give a very in-depth reasoning as to why people hate them aside from the general consensus I got from Zeta threads.
>>
>>13842458
I mostly prefer ANT to the show but it still has a ton of problems. The biggest problem with ANT is that the one good period of the show (the middle stretch) is treated the worst in the movies. The second movie is really fucking bad which makes no sense when it has the best material to work with.

I think most of the movies' problems come from them needing to mangle the story so that they could still fit in a lot of old footage. If they had completely remade it, the story probably would have flowed much better. All in all Sunrise's laziness jut ruined everything.
>>
>>13842458
>Why is ANT considered bad when it is almost exactly the same as Zeta?
Because too rushed to have proper development.
>>
>>13842542
Kill self.
>>
>>13842873
>The second movie is really fucking bad
That it was.
>>
>>13842574
>>13842928
>>13842933

underrated posts
>>
>>13842458
Because Zeta isn't a show that compresses well at all.
>>
But I liked zeta
>>
>>13842992
Actually compression is the thing that Zeta desperately needs. Over half of the fights were totally meaningless and should have been cut out, and losing those means that you can also lose a ton of pointless set-up for those fights. Zeta could easily be told in a 25 episode show.
>>
>>13843018
The frequent fights weren't meaningless; they gave an excuse for characters to interact in tense scenarios to explore the story thematically. They didn't always further the plot, but they did develop the overall story. It didn't need all of them, but to say that "over half" were meaningless is a bit much. That said, Zeta (like MSG before it and ZZ and Victory after it) could use a bit of trimming, though I think saying it "desperately" needs it is hyperbolic.

Unfortunately ANT's trimming was frequently deleterious and resulted in a shoddy and misshapen adaptation.
>>
>>13843047
>The frequent fights weren't meaningless
Tomino was forced to include them at gunpoint, so I think he would disagree. They were literally only there to sell models.
>>
>>13843059
Some of the MOTW-ish stuff? Yes, they're unnecessary. The multiple encounters between characters? No, they serve a purpose even if they could have ultimately been done in better or different ways.
>>
File: 1449037516040.png (999KB, 984x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449037516040.png
999KB, 984x720px
Stop replying to these threads.
>>
They cut out the Dijeh which is unacceptable
>>
>>13843149
Fuck off.
>>
>>13843227
This, desu
>>
>>13843227
>>13843324
>muh /v/oogeyman
Zetafags have descended into the lowest kind of posters
>>
>>13843018
A bit of trimming maybe, anon, not cutting the total runtime into less than a third of the original.
>>
File: m.png (476KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
m.png
476KB, 1366x768px
>>13843149
I can't stop
>>
>>13843018
>Actually compression is the thing that Zeta desperately needs
All Gundam shows need compression, 33-39 episodes is the perfect lenght for any Gundam show to deliver the point in the most effectively way possible.

It means that Reconguista needs expansion.
>>
>>13842458
ANT is bad cause fucking retards use it as an excuse to exclude ZZ and Unicorn from canon while allowing CCA for some reason.
>>
>>13842928
>Because too rushed to have proper development.
What's Zeta's excuse?
>>
>>13844654
This. I honestly don't even think the anti-ZZ trolls have even seen ZZ. They just repeat the lunatic ravings of Black_Knight thinking it makes them look smart.
>>
>>13842793
>zeta sux lol xD
I love this meme
>>
>>13843059
I have no idea where this misinformation originated?
Have you seen Zeta?
There's a lot of Mobile weapons, but unlike in 0079 almost all of them appear more than one single time. And most are piloted by characters who also appear more than once.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.