[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favourite /m/-related games!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 44

File: maxresdefault.jpg (145KB, 1728x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
145KB, 1728x1080px
What are your favourite /m/echa games?
Any new mech games to look forward to?
What old games can I emulate?

Personally, MSG: Encounters in Space, Armored Core 3 and Virtual On have a huuuuuuuge nostalgia factor for me

Ace Combat 5 and Ring of Red are also some great games.

>BLAST OFF FIRE THE MISSLES
>THE TARGET IS MOVING ACROSS THE BATTLEFIELD, HURRY UP
>THE TARG- THE- THE TARGET IS ALMOST DESTROYED

>Mission Mode
>Battle of A Baoa Qu
>Random MS
>Public Ship
>>
>>13838548
For some reason, the soundbites by Bill Switzer and Ted Cole as Kou and Gato slay me

>GODOWNINFLAMES!
>HOW NAIVE TO MAKE ME YOUR ENEMY!
>>
>>13838555
Man, the game dub was so bad but I love it to this very day

>mfw you unlocked the GP04 and never knew it was in the game
>>
File: Carl.jpg (123KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Carl.jpg
123KB, 900x675px
>5 Star Fed's Battle of Loum
>Saberfish
Anyone actually complete that?
>>
File: 1449617948737.jpg (68KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1449617948737.jpg
68KB, 300x300px
armored core games are the only mech games i've played that the robots are fun to move around in

shame the story is told in little text boxes
>>
>>13838600
Which AC? PS1/2-era, 4/4FA, or 5?

desu, a friend tells me the AC storylines are pretty cool, but I find them to be fairly lackluster.

FromSoft Armored Core PS2 HD Collection never
>>
>>13838618
Armored Core stories are really minimalistic and rely on a lot of reading between the lines. It's pretty hard to get a clear picture of what's going on until late in the story, and really irks a lot of people.
>>
File: th (56).jpg (10KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
th (56).jpg
10KB, 256x224px
Shogo since I played that and Half Life with my dad as a kid and it's nostalgia to me. I'm actually playing this game right now though with the mission being the one where Char doublecrosses Garma.
>>
File: luna strike.jpg (52KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
luna strike.jpg
52KB, 720x480px
Earth Light and its sequel Luna Strike are both really cool and little known.
>>
>>13838600
>Armored Core
>fun to move around in
Did you only play the 7th gen games?
>>
>>13838855
Not him, but even in the original there was a wonderful sense of fluidity once you'd learned how to handle your AC properly.
>>
>>13838600
Anyone that plays AC 1 or 2 for the first time would say you're wrong, because at first, you're being pelted by all kinds of shots that you have almost no chance to dodge. Even the training targets could kick your ass in seconds.

Then, you play 10 missions and understand that you're never supposed to rely on strafing, and it becomes much more playable. Also, having to pay for repairs and bullets spent probably scares people off the game more than we think.
>>
I'll post some of the ones I've played those last few months.

Ring of Red: really awesome, although the overall speed of everything leaves to be desired (all those infantry animations...). Also, no permanent saves during mission, and you've got a combination that will always leave you on your toes. I could count on two fingers the number of times that I almost got a game over because of a single miscalculated shot. I defeated the final "boss" with both legs busted and having to rely on a medium distance shot with a machine designed for short distance.

RAD: I could do without the framerate drops, and I think the plot is kinda pants-on-head fun, but dammit I love this game. The highlight of my time with it was using Vavel Kick (the flying kick, forgot the name) to fight one of the four devas, and being surprised when he also took off the ground, as if saying 'We'll see now who's the king of the skies!". That and defeating the last two Volgara in their city with a single attack.
>>
If you guys have played any obscure mech game, please post your comments on it!
"Obscure" as in, it doesn't have a GameFAQs FAQ, or there are few to no videos of it on YT.

Anyway, mine are the VOTOMS games.

VOTOMS Battling Road (SNES): a fun little game that uses Mode 7 to simulate 3D. It looks just like Mario Kart, but with mechs. You play as a young man (original) who has to fight against the army and save a girl (Yougle). It's quite short (7 or 8 stages), and some of the stages are really grating (stage 4, for instance), but it's a nice game. There are no customization options.

VOTOMS Blue Knight Berserga Story (PSX): this one is quite weird... the main mode is actually Battling and buying stuff for your mech, while the Story Mode itself is a very minor part of the game (you can finish it in less than 20 minutes). Anyway, there's ton of customization options, from colors to parts to emblems, and you can even choose your manager! However, the characters are all either original or from Blue Knight Berserga. You can catch a few glimpses of known characters, but they don't participate at all.
About the gameplay, well... it's not very good, and the AI is dumb as fuck, but it can be fun on Versus Mode.

Soukou Kihei VOTOMS (PS2): this game is fucking awesome, and I'm glad I played it. It gets a few cues from Metal Warriors, where you can either play on foot, on mech or even steal someone else's mech. It follows the show's events quite faithfully, and there are also some bonus missions based on the OVAs. The only customization option this time is Mission Discs, that give you a passive ability and up to three activate abilities (mapped to L2+button).
The game has almost all the mechs from the series, and even some custom ones, like Berserga SX, Death Messenger, Shadow Flare and Vorct Custom (!!).
Just beware of one thing: anything that has missiles is cheap as fuck. You'll learn to dread them on the final stages.
>>
I'm currently playing the PS2 Gundams, and the quality is all over the place. Journey to Jaburo has some of the worst controls I've ever seen, while One Year War and UC Climax are pretty good in this regard. If you're looking for that UC feel, go with One Year War. It doesn't have a USA version, but most of the stuff is self-explanatory. The only downside is that there's slowdown on a few stages, like in Jaburo.
>>
File: Triangle (01).webm (917KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Triangle (01).webm
917KB, 800x600px
The Artdink Macross games are really fun.
>>
>>13838987
Link to ISO?
>>
Kinds sucks that most good /m/ games are locked to Japan and cost upwards of 50 dollars plus shipping.
And require being able to read moon runes.
>>
>Gundam Battle Assault 2

WEALTH AND GLORY TO THE WINNER
>>
>>13838996
>Gottagofast and dakka spam: The Game.
The YF/VF-19/21/22 are the best because of the missiles' behavior.
>>
>>13838574

Yes, in an insane attempt to make a custom Newtype pilot with all 50's for stats.

Jesus... the five star missions were bananas
>>
I've been playing a lot of front mission, and when I'm bored I'll boot up hawken (don't know if hawken counts, the designs are pretty western)
>>
File: GA-002.jpg (55KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
GA-002.jpg
55KB, 480x320px
Love playing this

Enemy's AI is decent
Good selection of MS, you can build up to early Victory tech with V2 as a bonus unit
Battle is fun and simple, kind of like Mario NES but with Gundam
>>
>>13838996
The physics in that game were beyond fucked. Trying to play in the Ace Combat style 3rd person mode was impossible.
>>
>>13840359

I think its the fact you're in a Saberfish and literally die in one machine gun burst that makes it impossible for me.

>>13840393
Loved this game, but remind me did it have Hexa Gundams and Zanscare units? I don't think it did.
>>
>>13838917
Can you give me some tips? I'm trying to play 2 on an emulator and maneuvering in general feels more clunky than people make it look on youtube.
>>
>>13838996
>gotta shakeshakeshakeshakeshakeshakeshakeshakeshakeshakeshakeshakeshake
>>
>>13840393
Was that Gundam GX?

Played the shit out of that game. Remembered getting ass stomped by the AI at first
>>
>>13841496
Nope, it doesn't have Hexa and only got few Zanscare units like Contio and Abigorbine. Hexa isn't available in any of these SD games, including Century

The sequel, SD GNEXT, actually has more units and bonus ACE units, but the enemy's AI is really atrocious. It's way better to play NEXT with friend. Century also has more units but the loading time is bad and there are some stupid changes like you can't use funnel weapons unless your generic pilot has really high level of NT
>>
>>13838548
Encounters in Space, Journey to Jaburo, GvsZG

>tfw you designed your own little side story using the created pilots in EiS
>create post-war skirmishes inbetween 0080 and 0083 because that's all you knew
>play Journey to Jaburo so much you can kill all the enemies in the side missions before they even enter your target range like a NT
>all the hype you had when you learned there were these other games like Fed vs Zeon
>massive hype when you learned about Gundam vs Zeta Gundam
>holy shit this game has alternate history interpretations!

Ahhh, the ignorance of youth,
>>
>>13841532
Yep

I used to get rekt alot by CV/Zanscare team. Their starting MSs have better stats compared to others and they are crazy aggressive when fighting on the moon map.

Plus, they like to build Vigna Ghina, which is way better than Nu or F91
>>
File: GundamTIS.jpg (53KB, 433x500px) Image search: [Google]
GundamTIS.jpg
53KB, 433x500px
I'm not joking.

It is the only game that makes you feel that a dusty-ass, first production Zaku II is a clunky tank that is about to fall apart, rather than a high-preforming, acrobatic death machine.

Why do we not have a true Gundam simulator yet?
>>
>>13841509
The only to dodge stuff is: don't walk in a constant speed, no matter if you're strafing, walking forwards or backwards. The enemies' lock-on in this game is as perfect as yours, so they fire relative to your speed + position, they don't fire where you are. So, when you strafe left for example, stop mid-strafe and boost to the right.
About the clunkyness, it stops when you get better parts.
>>
>>13841593
There's Rise from the Ashes and the Blue Destiny games too, anon. You know, those games where you control crap GMs that fire machineguns and die in two hits.
>>
File: Denan Gei snow.jpg (2MB, 3027x2140px) Image search: [Google]
Denan Gei snow.jpg
2MB, 3027x2140px
>>13841551

Games with Hexa are so difficult to find, guess I'll just stick to Gun-EZ and Victory Gundams

>>13841588
>Crossbone units always start the match by using their Shot Lancers
>>
Emulation? Try Cyber Knight I and II.
>>
Also, there should be a HUGE recommendations list with descriptions compiled by /m/.

Post it for OP's sake, I don't habe one saved
>>
File: img2710662323326.jpg (349KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
img2710662323326.jpg
349KB, 1280x960px
>>13841617
>Crossbone units always start the match by using their Shot Lancers

This

And I hate fighting Berga Giros because they're fucking speedy on every terrain and their HP is quite high
>>
File: 1001032208b9793201204efeaa.jpg (139KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
1001032208b9793201204efeaa.jpg
139KB, 500x714px
>>13838548
Giren no Yabou series and Another Century's Episode series.

Sadly nobody even mentioned them here...
>>
File: 10010322080c6e533708fb5277.jpg (110KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
10010322080c6e533708fb5277.jpg
110KB, 500x707px
>>13841593
>It is the only game that makes you feel that a dusty-ass, first production Zaku II is a clunky tank that is about to fall apart, rather than a high-preforming, acrobatic death machine.
I totally see you didn't played Zeonic Front. Get it.
>>
>>13841617
There's this one Japanese dude who did plenty of modding for NEXT. He added lots of units from series like Sentinel, Crossbone and Silhouette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK8qjpuLfUw

Shame I don't know how to apply his mods
>>
>>13841655

I see its got Hexas that's pretty cool modding old SNES games
>>
File: obliterar.gif (377KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
obliterar.gif
377KB, 500x381px
>>13841654
>mission to scout the White Base
>WARNING: DON'T ENGAGE THEM
>reach White Base
>what the hell, they can't be this strong
>decide to engage Gundam
On that day, I learned the difference between the show's main character and a bunch of glorified mooks.
>>
File: Amuro RAGE.gif (295KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
Amuro RAGE.gif
295KB, 200x150px
>>13841669
>One!
>Two!
>Three!
>Blue Team is deader than dead
>>
>>13841669
I don't have Zeonic Front, but I need to see this
>>
>>13841691
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56lDnaaI3R8
Around 9:50
>>
File: ABSOLOUTE.gif (355KB, 540x543px) Image search: [Google]
ABSOLOUTE.gif
355KB, 540x543px
>>13841614
>>13841654

Sound breddy good, I'll give them a try.
>>
>>13841697
>mfw the true terror of the white devil is revealed from this
UWAAAA ITS A GUNDAM
>>
File: IBsJu.jpg (65KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
IBsJu.jpg
65KB, 500x314px
>>13841697
>Six!
>Green leader crash
>mfw

Kek, this game is more down to earth than Lost war Chronicles. Lost is more casual because it gives the player too many overpowered gundams
>>
>>13841722

Its mostly because he has a beam rifle, most Fed units encountered in the story have machine guns, bazookas or worthless Beam Spray Guns. A beam rifle, even the RX-79's will one shot just about every unit you have except Doms and Austin's Zaku I. They're equally OP when you use them in Fed sims or use Sandra's Dom Tropen.
>>
>>13841732
I remember using the prototype beam rifle just for one mission in Rise from the Ashes

I felt like a god
>>
>>13841773

Zeonic Front is how I believe beam rifles should be, well aimed they can one shot anything given the penetrative power of beam weapons. Also note that beam sabers are more lethal than heat weapons which makes GMs slightly more dangerous.

I wouldn't have minded a sequel with Gelgoogs, Kampfers, better GMs, I can only imagine how Gundam Alex would have played.
>>
>>13841793
iirc, it takes about two or three shots to down a Zaku in Rise.

But the rifle never runs out of ammo and you only need to wait a bit when it overheats. Plus, it's pretty satisfying to watch a Zaku stagger from a beamshot

And you only get to use it for one mission. After that, it's back to using pea shooter machine gun
>>
>>13841816
Compared this to Journey to Jaburo, where you need 8~10 beam rifle shots to down a SINGLE Zaku, and you'll understand why people think it's one of the worst Gundam games.
>>
>>13841818
>>13841816

They're also focused on different types of gameplay, and JtJ was just a launch title that has aged poorly.
>>
>>13838548
I'm currently trying to platinum Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn. It's not as easy as I thought it would be. I'm also going to say that Shogo is one of the reasons I got into mecha in the first place, along with an old game called Zero Divide, an old 3D fighter.
>>
File: Gotcha01.png (2MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Gotcha01.png
2MB, 1280x1024px
>>13838548
Gotcha Force, fuckers. Fight me.
>>
>>13841697
Never liked this game. Too much like a strategy game.
>>
Looking for some /m/ games I can play on handhelds.

Recently played LBX(Danball Senki). It was pretty alright though a little to Saturday morning cartoon for me.

I have a vita too but all I can find are those PSP armored Core games that kind of look like shit.
>>
>>13842289
G Generation games are pretty good from what I hear.
>>
>>13842289
I don't really use my handhelds that often anymore so there might be some that I don't know about, but this is what I got.
As for the armored core PSP ports, they are decent ports its just that the PSP is not suited for armored core game play so you'll just end up using a tank AC the whole game. Then again I might just suck at the portable versions.

PS Vita:
Super Robot Wars Z Zigokuhen
Super Robot Wars Z Tengokuhen
Super Robot Wars Og Saga Masou Kishin III Pride of Justice
Gundam Breaker 1/2
Shin Gundam Musou
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Battle Destiny
Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours
Project Root
Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo
Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype
Resogun
and Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS Force if you just feel like throwing some cash at Bandai

3DS:
Gundam The 3D Battle
SD Gundam G Generation 3D
Super Robot Wars BX
Super Robot Wars UX
Liberation Maiden
>>
>>13842384
>As for the armored core PSP ports, they are decent ports its just that the PSP is not suited for armored core game play so you'll just end up using a tank AC the whole game.
The controls do suck on the portable versions.

>Then again I might just suck at the portable versions.
If it's so bad that you have to rely on tank because moving is too hard, this is likely. You can't fight quite as gracefully, but it's perfectly feasible to do all the normal things.
>>
File: YyPv2gZ.jpg (233KB, 1499x1095px) Image search: [Google]
YyPv2gZ.jpg
233KB, 1499x1095px
Tech Romancer is my shit. Sure, all the robots are off-brand stand-ins, but it's as close as you're going to get to a fighting game that lets you pit Mazinger Z against a Gundam and it captures the look and feel of giant robot battles better than anything else out there.
>>
>>13842500
Huh... there's a game called Super Robot Spirits in the N64, although it doesn't have Mazinger Z.
It's not very good, although it gave us Judecca.
>>
>>13842289
The 3DS has Kokuga, as well as the Star Fox 64 remake.
>>
>>13842384
Solid looking list. Thanks.
>>
File: 1450745629456.jpg (87KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1450745629456.jpg
87KB, 1440x1080px
I'm currently co oping Gundam battle universe with my little brother on psp
it's fun playing through the UC timeline as self inserts making a mess of the story and I like the fact that if you play as a newtype any time an enemy locks onto you the NEWTYPE FLASH noise plays
>>
File: cg_temjin-480x368.jpg (43KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
cg_temjin-480x368.jpg
43KB, 480x368px
Who /VirtualOn/ here?
>>
>>13842987
MARZ is a lesson on why you shouldn't tack a Story Mode on everything. It gave us Sgt.Hatter, though.

FIIIIIIIINISH~
>>
>>13841602
Cheers broski
>>
File: G-Red-1.jpg (105KB, 563x800px) Image search: [Google]
G-Red-1.jpg
105KB, 563x800px
>>13842062
Why fight? It's a good mecha fighter. It's a shame that it didn't catch on, Capcom was expecting it to be their next big thing and had tons of toys ready for it.
>>
>>13842987
I would be if Sega would release any of the games in the U.S. on consoles with two sticks (besides Marz, which was my first experience with the series and soured me on it for a few years).
>>
>>13842987
I used to frequent this one bootleg chuckie cheese place just cause they had a virtual on arcade machine. Now the place has been shutdown...
>>
File: Tech_Romancer_Gamest.png (1000KB, 572x800px) Image search: [Google]
Tech_Romancer_Gamest.png
1000KB, 572x800px
>>13842500
Gameplay wise Tech Romancer is a little weak, but I love that it's a big celebration of of the genre. Cyberbots is a better game, but I like the designs in Tech Romancer more, and it did try to do more new things than Cyberbots did with its breakable buildings and item pickups (even if random items are hurdle to it being taken seriously as a competitive game). I wish Capcom would give it another shot, but outside of an extremely unlikely appearance in a potential Capcom Vs ____ game it's not going to happen.
>>
>>13841566
>Ahhh, the ignorance of youth,
Why ignorance? That game was amazing.
>>
File: Untitled3.png (589KB, 801x479px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled3.png
589KB, 801x479px
Recently hacked my 3DS

Gundam the 3D battle has been pretty fun. You even get to play as Big Zam.
>>
>>13843913
Assault Survive on psp is better though. But still you are playing pretty fine game.
>>
File: DW_Gundam_3.jpg (52KB, 250x310px) Image search: [Google]
DW_Gundam_3.jpg
52KB, 250x310px
I am autistic towards dynasty warriors gundam 3,
I love that there are a Ton of mobile suits in it. Plus it has 4 qubeleys!
>>
>>13838600
>shame the story is told in little text boxes

I really like knowing just what you're told in mission briefings. Really nails the feeling of being a mercenary in it solely for the money instead of fighting for some other agenda.
>>
>>13841493
>Playing Ace Combat style when you should be transforming between modes and flying in circles around the enemy at Max speed
Use the normal view.
The dash, boost, and transformation is your friend.

Use fighter mode, boost to the enemy while using missile lock. Then double tap down, release your missiles, double tap left/right, then boost again.
>>
File: MechAssault_Coverart.png (186KB, 257x365px) Image search: [Google]
MechAssault_Coverart.png
186KB, 257x365px
I just remembered this game I played back on Xbox which was pretty awesome at the time, I haven't played a mecha game since then desu
>>
>>13838690
Growing up playing Shogo and then watching 0083 a few years ago was a very interesting experience.
>>
File: 154472_front.jpg (18KB, 500x710px) Image search: [Google]
154472_front.jpg
18KB, 500x710px
>>13843272
You can play OraTan, is on Xbox Live. Join the club.

Also for anyone interested in getting started on Virtual-On:

The original game is on both JP PSN and XBLA. You have to get it on a JP account, it is better than nothing I guess (Marz is also on the Japanese PSN).

Finally, Force got a physical release in Japan, but the game is actually region free so you can play it on your 360 if you import it.
>>
File: 85ef42d6.jpg (700KB, 2000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
85ef42d6.jpg
700KB, 2000x1250px
I like this series
>>
>>13844807
I tried Verdict day but didn't really like it because of how slow it felt, do any of the other game move more fluidly?
>>
Thing with /m/ games is I sometimes divide them up into games which are good games of their own right, and games which are good adaptations.

For example, Gundam Seed Destiny - terrible anime - but the game, Gundam Seed Destiny: OMNI vs ZAFT II is one of the best arena fighting games I've ever played (it's one of the predecessors to Gundam Vs Gundam).

Gundam Vs Gundam EXTREME for PS3 is very good.

I got a lot of fun out Another Century's Episode 2 and 3. That being said, my Japanese skills are rudimentary so I did feel I was missing a lot.

This thread has convinced me to try and track down an American copy of Zeonic Front.

>>13844843
I would say don't let Verdict Day put you off. Armored Core's games kinda fit into several categories.

>> You have the PS1 original right up until Armored Core 3 and its expansions.

>> Then you have Armored Core 4 and Armored Core For Answer.

>> Then you have V and Verdict Day.

They're so different that they almost feel like games of different series. If you disliked Verdict Day, I would recommend checking out 4.
>>
>>13844843
Verdict day is honestly the most fluid ac, 4 and 4a are more fast paced on average however they feel alot looser as a whole.

It all comes down to what mech you build, If you wana go fast in VD trust me you can go really fucking fast with inf boosts and L reverse joints.
>>
>>13844843
What >>13844854 said, 4Answer is a little better imo because giant fortress bosses.
>>
File: 53912067_p0.png (1MB, 1000x815px) Image search: [Google]
53912067_p0.png
1MB, 1000x815px
Been on a Medarot roll for a while now.

>>13838822
I'm going to assume that's a SRPG?
>>
>>13844858
I agree 4Answer is the better game - I just recommend 4 because you could play both, 4 then 4Answer.
>>
>>13843852
I meant ignorance in the way that at the time I had no idea at the time just how far the franchise goes.
I remember trying to figure out how to reconcile the timelines of After Colony and Universal Century back in the day.
>>
>>13844872

Yeah, the dark days of 1999. The internet was really primitive and there wasn't really anyone to TELL us that Gundam Wing and other Gundam stuff were different AUs.
>>
File: earth light.jpg (272KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
earth light.jpg
272KB, 800x450px
>>13844859
The first one is a pure strategy game. The second one adds stuff like pilots and advancement but I'd still hesitate to call it an RPG; it still just hustles you around from map to map and you don't have any real agency besides shuffling your pilots around and picking the order you do some battles in (though if that's enough to call it an RPG for you that's fine).
>>
So why does GX have select your forces, select the maps, etc but Next you're stuck picking scenarios and shit?
>>
File: 8853024563.jpg (166KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
8853024563.jpg
166KB, 720x960px
Platinum Games' Vanquish and Metal Gear Rising deserve a mention. Two of my favorite last-gen console games.
>>
>>13845090
Just select the middle box, mon

or the right one if you want more selections on earth, asteroid and space map
>>
>>13845096
Why are there 2 roms? One called Units and Maps Collection?
>>
File: these runes.jpg (29KB, 640x237px) Image search: [Google]
these runes.jpg
29KB, 640x237px
What are these options?
>>
>>13845100
>One called Units and Maps Collection?

That's the version with added MS like Epyon, Tallgeese and Devil Gundam and more maps. NEXT had this old feature of downloading new units via Nintendo satellite
>>
>>13845144
I only know the 2nd one. That option gives you one supreme leader for your team and you can choose any MS that you like. If it gets destroyed, then you lose
>>
>>13845090
btw it's better to play it on the SNES9x because no broken map pictures and no bugs that disable warship's gun turret

Just remember to savestate often because sometimes the game crashes
>>
>>13844553
brb cracking out my old xbox to play this bitch again
>>
>>13842214
It took the old school Rainbow Six tactical shooter formula and put Zeonic MS in it. Praise this game
>>
>>13842500
Ah yes, Tech Romancer aka Kikaioh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYiErq8nnnk

Just curios, does this game have a tier list? Always picked Dixen because I'm a gundamfag
>>
File: Armstrong-profile-shot-0.png (563KB, 867x766px) Image search: [Google]
Armstrong-profile-shot-0.png
563KB, 867x766px
>>13845091
I PLAYED COLLEGE BALL Y'KNOW!
>>
File: 1392614311788.gif (259KB, 264x185px) Image search: [Google]
1392614311788.gif
259KB, 264x185px
>>13838548
All my favorite mecha game franchises are dead! Dead!
>>
File: 2.jpg (29KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
29KB, 475x347px
>>13845294
cry moar
>>
>>13844529
I liked how the corporations didn't even know which Raven did which mission, so you ended up with a chain of missions like:
>hey, go there in the lab and bust those bioweapons out, so they can destroy the lab
>hey, some asshole busted the bioweapons out, so we want you to go in there and kill them

I'm pretty sure whichever Raven chose that mission was laughing the whole way through.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (257KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
257KB, 1920x1080px
I'm gonna have to pick SD G Gen Overworld on the PSP. The huge number of MS and MAs to pick from as well as an extensive pilot list was great, especially since it has a fairly large amount of units that I've never seen appear in any other gundam games before. The cut scene battle animations are fantastic and it has tremendous replay value whether you want to put your A-team up against Hell mode after you beat the game or replay it with a theme in mind (like using specific characters, units, and ships). I've done a zeon aces only run, a feddie aces only run, a Titans run etc. It's really fun to put a theme on your team but also just as fun to mix and match your setup with your favorite mechs and pilots.

I got 100% completion on this game and still play it from time to time to this day. I think it's only flaw is the character creation aspect since it doesn't go very deep, but with all the other content packed into a handheld game it's really not that big of a deal to me.

The "theater area" is also pretty neat watching all the special battle cut scenes for when you do certain combination attacks or just seeing the Overworld original characters fighting each other in some obscure units.

I would love for an english patch to come out for it, but it's fairly easy to know whats going on most of the time. I would like to know the story of the alternate core levels though.
>>
File: macross (10).jpg (193KB, 1366x736px) Image search: [Google]
macross (10).jpg
193KB, 1366x736px
>>13838996
I think ACE controls for macross are way smoother than Artdink's
>>
>>13838822
Are both translated or I need proficiency in Moon?
>>
File: lunastrike.jpg (34KB, 439x400px) Image search: [Google]
lunastrike.jpg
34KB, 439x400px
>>13845538
Neither. I feel like the first one might be more playable without being able to read anything, but even then I'd have to really go back and check.

I've been thinking about writing a basic GUI and mission objective FAQ or something like that, but I'm really lazy. I should probably check to see if the text in the games is easily dumpable too, really.
>>
>>13844807
Are the PS3 games any good?

I played the first game for a while and I thought it was okay
>>
I've been playing gundam battle universe on the psp for 2 weeks, on my second run to be able to get every mission in one save. holy shit the content is amazing. one question for zeta do I have to make a 3rd save to do neo zeon to get the bonus effect on one save?
This has to be the best U.C game ever. wish they would make a new one with a lot of of the newer U.C series.

battle assault is newer but worse right? I heard it has issues and its more A.U than U.C so I stuck with battle universe. this game and full boost are the best action gundam games.
>>
>>13845562
>Best UC
>Doesn't even cover all of Universal Century
>>
File: 1437586220141.gif (1001KB, 485x242px) Image search: [Google]
1437586220141.gif
1001KB, 485x242px
>>13845091
It took too long for Vanquish to be mentioned. Amazing freakin' game with very fluid and intuitive suit and cover mechanics. And pleeeenty of mecha pron to suit your fancy.
>>
Gundam Vs. Gundam NEXT Plus and EXVSFB (Fun as shit alone or with friends)

Seed Destiny GBA (Fun 2D M fighter)

Gundam Battle Assault 2 (I love the MS selection and the Hand-drawn art)

Shin Gundam Muso/DWGR

Not understanding much Japanese has put me off from SRW or similar games
>>
>>13845429
Try WARS for the PS2, if you can.
One thing you'll realize right off the bat is that they've cut the pilot cut-ins on the PSP games, probably because of space issues. In the PS2 game, you have a full cockpit cut-in for all the named characters in the game.

I don't know if WARS was the one that started with the whole Break stuff, but they also have those cutscenes with crossovers, like Gym Ghingnam (Turn A) attacking the Angel Halo (Victory). You can see them on youtube.

Another difference (for better or worse) is that in the older games (until World), Melee was way too cheap, and you could start to steamroll the opposition fairly early in the game.
>>
>>13845300
Great game, shame it is next to near impossible to find a cart without costing a testicle.
>>
>>13845935
but Wars doesn't have custom pilots
>>
>>13845720
It has the most U.C units /content I can think of.
full boost covers everything so its not as much in detail.
>>
>>13845562
Nah, Assault is older - Tactics > Assault > Universe
>>
>gundam assault survive removes most pilots from gundam battle universe to make room for seed and 00 shit
Come on..
>>
File: 2014-01-18-203843.jpg (125KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2014-01-18-203843.jpg
125KB, 960x544px
I wish 3DS&Vita got more gundam Assault and Universe type games. I really dont like how the PSP feels and I dont feel like dusting it off for those games.

I understand I can play them on my computer but I'm always moving and I dont like how they look blown up on a computer screen.

Guess I'll stick with Gundam the 3D battle and Seed Battle Destiny for current gen "battle" games. Wish they'd just announce a new one and stop with these breaker games already.
>>
>>13846197
thats why I skipped that shit and went to universe.
>>13846220
the 3d battle (I have it on my hacked 3ds) Is a let down its just copy and paste from universe with half the content.
>>
>>13846189
It doesn't cover F91 or Victory, then again no game does.
>>
File: 2013-12-30-011243.jpg (123KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2013-12-30-011243.jpg
123KB, 960x544px
>>13846233
Maybe I'll just emulate Universe then. I've hacked my 3DS and played 3D battle but beat it in a surprisingly short amount of time. Seed Battle Destiny is also good but it's just all SEED so I dont enjoy it as much.

3D battle did bring back my love of UC era suits and battles so I guess I'll bite the bullet and just play the PSP game on my computer(or old PSP).
>>
>>13846243
Doesn't Climax UC cover F91?
>>
>>13846220
This whole thread makes me think...

I want to get a Vita, but maybe I should just get a PSP-3000 from somewhere.
>>
File: 1803.png (400KB, 798x448px) Image search: [Google]
1803.png
400KB, 798x448px
I'm sort of surprised Gundam Breaker hasn't been mentioned, although I know some people dislike it. I never played the first one but I pwn Gundam Breaker 2 and have had a pretty good time with it. The variety of custom units able to be made is a lot of fun, plus it's also can be helpful for gunpla kitbash ideas.
>>
File: TechRomancerGroup.png (838KB, 700x611px) Image search: [Google]
TechRomancerGroup.png
838KB, 700x611px
>>13845209
I've looked before and I've never seen a tier list. I think I've only ever found one recorded tournament, and the character's chosen seemed pretty varied. It's hard for a tier list to form unless there are characters who are obviously unbalanced or the game gets played a lot at a competitive level.
>>
>>13846256
universe has a fucking shit load of units, and I mean a shit load,tons of secrets too. f91 is one of them. Also you need too enter some passwords to get hi-nu and some ither suits (only 4). If you look up that wiki in gamefaqs it doesn't even have half the units in the game so don't go by that, just use it for stats translation.
>>
File: 2013-12-17-232937.jpg (79KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2013-12-17-232937.jpg
79KB, 640x480px
>>13846290
PSP is the much cheaper option with more /m/ games with it, but the system looks/feels dated (tried putting my old PSP in my hands and I dont know how I used to deal with it).

I love my vita though. And it's starting to get more and more /m/ games. From breaker 3 to the new EXVS it's slowly filling ti's catalog. Though it might not reach PSP's highs for the amount of quality games.

I'd recommend saving for the vita and just emulating the old PSP games. That way you wouldn't be wasting your money.
>>
>>13846256
>>13846220
>Gunner ZAKU Phantom
Wish I could give it a whirl
>>
>>13846318
It's a shame that the Vita doesn't just have EVERY PSP game on PSN. It'd be awsome to have a Vita with Gundam vs Gundam, OMNI vs ZAFT and Gundam Battle Universe too.
>>
>>13846270
Yeah, Climax UC covers F91, with a lil bit of early Crossbone too.
>>
>>13846482
But I want to be a Shrike, a qt that dies a horrible death
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.