[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robotech is much better than macross!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 18

File: Robotech-banner.jpg (194KB, 663x432px) Image search: [Google]
Robotech-banner.jpg
194KB, 663x432px
First robotech songs are better and more epic.

Macross is old j-pop with My Boyfriend is a pilot. "Kyun Kyun Kyun Kyun, my boyfriend is a pilot". This is so silly.

We Will Win is better than any macross song. Period.

Then we have vertitech evolution.
In Macross we have VF-1 -> VF-4 -> VF-11.
Each version has less and less power. The VF-1 had the FAST packs and a lot of firepower on the wings. The later don't have no where near the same firepower.

Then in Robotech we have the Alpha, loads of ammo. The alpha has more missiles than the VF-1 with FAST packs alone. Then when the Alpha is with the Beta, wow, it owns anything in the macross universe. Lots of firepower.

Also it is fantastic how Carl Macek wrote a huge epic storyline to fit all the three shows into a single one. Kawamori can't touch this.
>>
File: 1413634661121.png (503KB, 649x498px) Image search: [Google]
1413634661121.png
503KB, 649x498px
How bored are you to post this old pasta again? Guess I'll humor you then. And all of us at robotechx are laughing jejeje
>>
>>13823011
I'm not a Macross or Robotech Talilban, so take this as my personal opinion. The music in the Macross Saga of Robotech is certainly better, more epic than that of the japanese Macross. It's more for lack of a better word hot-blooded. Macross bgm's and songs feel very cheezy and betray the fact that Macross was a very low budget anime. That it ended up being a success caught everyone by suprise. And hence fans had tried to retcon the music you hear as the best ever. But it's not. Not in Macross. Things change though in Macross 7 and Frontier where the music is so much improved over the original Macross let alone the Robotech tunes that there is simply no contest at all.
>>
>>13823011
Robotech and the original Macross are both bad, so who cares?
>>
ALL LAUGHING
>>
Haven't seen this pasta in a long time

>>13823061
>Macross bgm's and songs feel very cheezy and betray the fact that Macross was a very low budget anime.
This doesn't make sense. Anybody watching it can tell it didn't have the biggest budget.

I really don't see what was wrong with the music either. It had some good tunes. Dogfight is a great battle song. Your post makes no sense
>>
>>13823359
Well then you have reading comprehension problems my dear friend. Macross was low budget even comparing it to the animes of the day. Of the 36 episodes maybe what 6 are decently animated and rest are better forgotten. As for the music it's as low quality as they come. There is nothing memorable about the musical score. None at all. Bgms are cheezy as hell and Minmei's songs are ridiculous. BW didn't invest in the musical score simply because the anime was so low budget. A one off. The guys didn't invest thinking it would be a success so everything was low cost. Embarassing quality compared to other early 80s animes. So spare me the bullshit mate. Macross faggots just can't take it their precious first anime is so low quality as to be forgettable. Animation and music wise. Of course when the big bucks came for Ai Oboete Imasu Ka things changed. Obviously, but we're not talking about DYRL right ? We're talking about the low garbage quality that is Macross the tv series.
For all the Robotech rage that fuels Macross faggots, the music in Robotech is the only thing noticeable of that american mishmash product. And it destroys the cheezy music of Macross. A hard reality but that's it.
>>
File: 1336946884815.jpg (262KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1336946884815.jpg
262KB, 1280x720px
something something laughing something something forced meme something something pasta

At least there's a different OP image than usual
>>
>>13823032
He is pissed no one is praising his autistic drive to try and somehow stitch together the BDs of better shows so he can pass them off as a HD release of robotech, he was going into full meltdown mode in the other thread
>>
File: 1454243272484.gif (571KB, 199x199px) Image search: [Google]
1454243272484.gif
571KB, 199x199px
>>13823011
>>
>>13823499
It's almost sad
>>
>>13823543
>almost
I really feel bad for him.
>>
File: Robofags are desparate.jpg (47KB, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
Robofags are desparate.jpg
47KB, 500x438px
Maybe he is this guy.
>>
Why can't anyone take roboch fans seriously anymore?
>>
>>13824417
they dont all laughing enough
>>
File: 1452464737934.jpg (127KB, 560x800px) Image search: [Google]
1452464737934.jpg
127KB, 560x800px
>>13824417
Because of OP, that guy who took BD rips of Macross and Mospeada trying to Robotech it, and people like >>13824396's image.
>>
>>13824417
They're clinging to an thirty year old mish mash of three different anime series owned by retards who have no idea what do with it. Like, there ARE things I respect about Robotech even if there's pretty much no reason to watch it nowadays outside of nostalgia or curiosity, but I have zero respect for the fanbase.
>>
>check out we will win out of curiosity
Wow this is silly and cheesy as fuck too.
>>
>>13824462
the ONLY point on which I think this has weight is the incidental music.

I find the languid horns and timpani from SDFM ill-fitting for the material. It's like an orchestra at a ball.

Minucci's strings and synth-drum riffs, while no-doubt blatant cribbing of John Williams, just runs with what we're seeing ont eh screne so much better.

But, no, none of the in-show vocal songs are any good at all. It's not even (entirely) Reba West's fault.
>>
>>13824417
So like, you have this thing right? This thing you like and other people like and literally nothing has come out for it that got relevant notice for over 2 decades, the very little that has come out for it being widely considered awful. And this thing you like isn't actually an original product but ripped from a completely different country where that original product is quite popular and very much alive there. But the thing you have isn't. But the fans of the thing you have literally will never let it go even if the home company is screwing them over and cancelling everything they pretend to say they will put out for the thing, they continue to believe someday it will return to that time and they'll do things like mish-mash BDs of other shows to pretend like it's an actual BD release but it's not.

I literally wouldn't give a shit about Robotech or its fans if HG wasn't such an evil evil company
>>
>>13824564
>implying it has to still be relevant for anyone to like it

Let the fans keep their fading memories as long as it all stays in the past.

>implying liking Robotech means liking HG

They had a good thing going but then ruined it by being greedy idiots. They should have just left it as is and let the McKinney novels be the conclusion to this story.

I seriously hope HG and all their precious, overpriced Mexifornia real estate gets washed out into the Pacific.
>>
>>13823011
whats the difference between robotech and robotech and where should I start?
>>
>>13824877
>whats the difference between robotech and robotech and where should I start?
That's easy. Robotech is shit and Robotech is trash and you should start by not watching it.
>>
>>13824897
meant to say macross and robotech whats the difference between the two I kinda want to watch it because I like that transforming gimmick
>>
File: 1438300056897.jpg (415KB, 1115x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1438300056897.jpg
415KB, 1115x1024px
>>13824905
They both went their seperate ways but the main thing is Robotech is made up of three different anime terribly stitched together with next to no actual sequels. Macross is alive and well with plenty of decent sequels. Don't even bother trying to watch Robotech unless you want a laugh, just stick with Macross.
>>
>>13824932
what were the other 2 anime that were used to make robotech and are they worth watching?
>>
>>13824932
Second this.

Even as a Robotech fan, I can say for certain that unless you're willing to put up with a shitload of plotholes and some really god-awful editing decisions in making three different shows adaptable to one another (trust me, you'll be having a field day with the Masters Saga portion of the series), then its best you just stick with Macross. Robotech will absolutely NOT hold your hand.

Otherwise, if you're really serious about exploring Robotech's universe and are looking for for a more concise timeline of it, you're best best is with the comics and the Mckinney Robotech novels. Seeing as how you're looking for something to atch, I highly doubt it.
>>
>>13824952
Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross and Genesis Climber Mospeada.

I've never seen Southern Cross, but Mospeada was 'okay'; Its got some pretty nifty music and some interesting mech designs. Story is rushed and the show ends abruptly, though.
>>
>>13824952
Southern Cross, which is eh at best, and Mospeada, which is pretty decent.

>>13824932
I think there's some value to watching Robotech from the standpoint of looking at the history of anime in the U.S. and seeing how it improved upon how anime on TV was handled before it and how anime localizations after it improved upon it, but I certainly wouldn't recommend watching it before Macross proper.
>>
>>13826570
I know they are trying to have matte painting to cg scene of the Condor but the model is obviously different. Heck there is a line art they could copy from. The arms are different that they are noticed.
>>
>>13823463
Man you suck.
Saying that most of Macross is better forgotten because it's not well animated, that's such bullshit. That isn't the only thing that matters.
And i have to say that Macross has slightly better music than Robotech, mainly because i actually remember several songs from Macross, in Robotech i remember the.... Theme. And that's it.
>>
>>13823011
The VF-11 was like 35 years ago or something, anon. Get with the times.
>>
File: alpha_fighter_cutway.jpg (235KB, 1700x1610px) Image search: [Google]
alpha_fighter_cutway.jpg
235KB, 1700x1610px
>>13823011
>Then in Robotech we have the Alpha, loads of ammo. The alpha has more missiles than the VF-1 with FAST packs alone. Then when the Alpha is with the Beta, wow, it owns anything in the macross universe. Lots of firepower.

This is not "roboteh" but "genesis crumble mospeada", you asshole
>>
>>13824877
I watched the Macross saga of Robotech on a DVD set i bought for 12 bucks first, and i don't really recommend you start there, because at the end the narrator dude starts fucking up the story by explaining what's going on as having something to do with protoculture factories or some shit, when that really is not what's going on, but you don't ever get enough contextual framing otherwise to really understand the importance of the events at hand. Eventually they splice in (and at that in the MOST obvious way possible) two scenes from SouthernCross of "the Robotech Masters", and otherwise apart from ameeicanized names it's the same.
I dropped it there and then i just watched Macross. It was for the better.

I mean they had a neat idea to make the main protag of SouthernCross the daughter of two characters in Macross but the novelty of the idea does not make the two shows have any chemistry at all. They are fundamentally completely different, with different enemies and different art styles, and different mech concepts.

Robotech is kinda pointless now that we have the Internet.
>>
>>13826747
>Replying seriously to copypasta
>>
File: homer.png (497KB, 594x598px) Image search: [Google]
homer.png
497KB, 594x598px
>>13823499
Uhm due, this isn't me. And boy you are mad for some reason, what's wrong got an autistic drive?
>>
File: 2gunzpng.png (262KB, 1200x400px) Image search: [Google]
2gunzpng.png
262KB, 1200x400px
>>13823011
>mfw op is either baiting us or straight up retarded
>>
>>13828075
>"uhh its not me even though I'm using the same reaction image as the last thread"
Okay.
>>
>>13828075
http://desustorage.org/m/search/image/9th4xtllZZxrxagjZkHygg/

Seriously anon, I don't think you even tried
>>
Best Robotech song coming through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esrOWPzHDvU
>>
>>13828215
I hear that guitar riff fucking everywhere. What the fuck.
>>
>>13828222
The song gets sampled a fuck ton on anything owned by Discovery Communications. I mostly hear it on How It's Made, and some other shows.
>>
>>13823061
>>13823463
>>13824549

To be honest, I really can't say that I cared much for the music of the original Macross nor Robotech, and I certainly wouldn't rush to either's defense. However, Minmei's dubbed singing really brings down Robotech's tracks; The original songs may be goofy and bubbly, but at least the material has some actual tune and some amount of work put into it to where it sounds 'complete'. West's singing is way off key, and much of the lyrics is just a bunch a filler for an otherwise lazy song that was literally pulled out of someone's ass.

On top of this, Robotech's main theme is pretty uninspiring. Its a decent piece music at first,but the way its thoroughly abused throughout the series (and the franchise as a whole) really makes it unbearable. Not only is it the show's intro and outro, its also re-used for action and victory scenes in all of Robotech's 85 episodes. Just the same damn thing over and over again, and not once do they let you walk away from it.

If I had to choose one over the other, I would likely go with Macross' music. At least I only have to listen to its tracks for 36 episodes instead of everything running on repeat.

Still, there are a couple of vocal songs from Robotech I actually liked. "Loney Soldier Boy" and "Only a Fool" (from the now defunct Robotech The Movie) are both pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10ZrKPb1WzM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhsPC9Zu9JM

Still, it doesn't say much coming from me since I'm a sucker for emotional up-beat 80s music.
>>
File: MAC III.jpg (89KB, 1152x649px) Image search: [Google]
MAC III.jpg
89KB, 1152x649px
>>
>>
>>13823463
dogfighter is the best fucking battle music of all time and everything you said was complete and utter tripe, keep your opinions to yourself next time
>>
File: Hikaru_VF-X-4.jpg (54KB, 646x544px) Image search: [Google]
Hikaru_VF-X-4.jpg
54KB, 646x544px
>>13823011
>No "Macross is owned by HG, shitcross fans in denial!!!" follow-up post in whole thread.
I am legitimately surprised and disappointed by this. Come on OP, humor us.
>>
ITT macrossfags totally MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: VB6_F-7-1.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
VB6_F-7-1.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>13828983
Move aside faggot. Monster coming through.
>>
File: remove kebab.jpg (168KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
remove kebab.jpg
168KB, 566x800px
>>13828141
I can't believe you are that stupid, he used the same image so obviously it's him. Herp a derp...

>>13828205
Tried what? Please elaborate further.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.