[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The most /m/ of rpgs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: 01xenogears.png (231KB, 725x474px) Image search: [Google]
01xenogears.png
231KB, 725x474px
The most /m/ of rpgs?
>>
>>13816333
Too bad it's shit and unfinished. Even if it wasn't the Front Mission games would still be the most /m/ rpg games.
>>
wut about fallout
>>
Most /m/ of rpgs is of course SRW. Duh.

>>13816344
The first disk is absolute god tier. The second disk is shit and unfinished.
>>
>>13816344

Front Mission is for faggots who jack off to 08th MS Team

Xenogears is for true /m/ connoisseurs who have written academic papers on the thematic analysis of Neon Genesis Evangelion
>>
>>13816387
I actually wrote a short paper analyzing NGE. I put way more work into it than I was supposed to and ended up almost rewatching the series for what should have been about 4-6 hours of work.
>>
>>13816387
>Xenogears is for true /m/ connoisseurs who have written academic papers on the thematic analysis of Neon Genesis Evangelion

I'd much rather have the 08th fags than the pseudo-intellectual 2deep4u NGE crowd anyday.
>>
>>13816361
>The first disk is absolute god tier.

Nah, it's honestly really mediocre. Shit story, mediocre characters, derivative game mechanics, etc. People are just blinded by nostalgia, almost as bad as FF7 fans really.
>>
>>13816387
I hate 08th MS Team with a passion and Front Mission 3 is one of my favorite games
>>
File: ms_saga.jpg (91KB, 1280x714px) Image search: [Google]
ms_saga.jpg
91KB, 1280x714px
>>13816333
>>
>>13816480
I can't get over how fucking bland this game is.

And how shit the SD looks.
>>
>>13816480
MS Saga character designs still amaze me. They seriously feel like a damn parody of ridiculous JRPG characters but no, it's real.
>>
>>13816344
>Too bad it's shit and unfinished.
That's a reference to 80s /m/ shows that are cancelled halfway through.
>>
>>13816636
DEEPEST LORE
>>
>>13816636
I don't know if I should belueve this,considering the xeno serie's history I should but I don't know
>>
>>13816344
Disk 2 didn't bother me that much but I wish they did get proper time to finish it I don't blame the team though they still put out a really good game, and my favorite JRPG, Just wish Square would at least give this series another chance, maybe a full remake with a revised combat system, deathblows where interesting and I don't want them to copy XBC because while XBC Is a good game in it's own rights, I just couldn't get into the gameplay.
>>
>>13816344
When I played it back in the late 90s I never felt that it was unfinished, so this is kinda surprising to hear
>>
>>13816448
Why would you hate 08th MS Team? It was a good little OVA series.
>>
>>13816387
Nigga are you just baiting now?
>>
File: Oy4DnVY.jpg (445KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Oy4DnVY.jpg
445KB, 1280x720px
>>13816333
X.
>>
>>13817828
What game is this from? Its not Xenoblade is it? Considering buying that game.
>>
File: SteamWorld_Dig_cover.png (207KB, 438x370px) Image search: [Google]
SteamWorld_Dig_cover.png
207KB, 438x370px
>>13816333
It's more of a game series with genre shifts. But I've enjoyed Steamworld dig and Steamworld Heist.

I've had fun playing as a steam powered miner.
>>
>>13817924

yes.
>>
>>13817828
Yeah, XCX is really fucking good for that. Although Front Mission may be better in terms of being /m/, seeing as how you don't get a Skell for a LONG time if you don't rush through the story.
>>
File: ksiIFYJ.jpg (378KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ksiIFYJ.jpg
378KB, 1280x720px
>>13817828
this
>>
>>13817828

Does anybody else kind of hate the fact that the heavy skells are basically just wearing their vehicle modes as skirts?

>>13816480
Reminder that MS Saga's Char is named Hal. Seriously.

I don't care what anyone says, I got hype as hell when Fritz showed up out of nowhere in the Full Armor Gundam.
>>
>>13817828
Oh god, this game just might make me buy a Wii-U. Fuck.
>>
File: 7HKonyQ.jpg (482KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
7HKonyQ.jpg
482KB, 1280x720px
>>13819540
You'll certainly get your money's worth. I clocked in 130 hours on my first run of the game (though I beat the main story in around 50 hours. There's tons of side content and grinding in the post game. Just remember that you dont get mecha until 25-30 hours in

Then again, there are a bunch of games that I feel can justify a Wii U purchase.
>>
>>13816344
>it's shit
Opinion, discarded.
>>
>>13816445
The gameplay mechanics and story were extremely unique for the time. There was literally nothing else like it in the realm of video games. If you didn't like it that's whatever (although I get the feeling you haven't actually played it, at least not for long), but you're just flat out wrong acting like it was some typical JRPG with generic mechanics and story.
>>
>>13817828
Dude show him Noctilum and Sylvalum at night.
>>
slightly off-topic, but anyone have any good /m/ related suggestions for PS4, already have Helldivers and Planetside 2 on there
>>
>>13819656
>first run of the game

You didn't unlock Yardley's second quest?
>>
>>13820471
Maybe he just wanted to do the missions and such over.
>>
>>13816445
If you consider what it was and the time it came from, 7 is not bad, xenogears is shit
>>
>>13816333
I actually lost the will to play it after grinding for the ether doubler before we start the recuse operation of pirate friend's imouto.
Do I need to grind more for a few magnetic coats or I am alright for now?
My team can beat sand-robber mechs with bare hand and already learned all combos but need more level to unlock them.
>>
File: Happy New years.png (4MB, 1276x1444px) Image search: [Google]
Happy New years.png
4MB, 1276x1444px
>>13820471

>>13820475
Yeah, that's why I started over. I made some dumb decisions and took too long to learn some concepts so after 130 on 1 file I made another and started over.

Protip: Do EVERY basic mission you can before story bits. Because if you leave them all for the post game, you'll be vastly overleveled for them and it wont be fun.
>>
>>13816333
SaGa Frontier

It's got both a robot and toku protagonists with great storylines, kickass music, crazy choreography and fun gameplay.
Can't go wrong with it.
>>
>>13823048
>Do EVERY basic mission you can before story bits.
Why would you do that? Basic Quests are trash, unless you really want some colored shirt or something. The only ones worth anything as the social quests, which generally lead to more complex quests. The actual basic quests you get from the mission board are just filler.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.