[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DUAL GEAR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: v4jbijzayjzi9fy7axd2.png (413KB, 620x582px) Image search: [Google]
v4jbijzayjzi9fy7axd2.png
413KB, 620x582px
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dual-gear-mecha-turn-based-x-action-game#/

Thoughts
>>
>>13805086
>turn-based
>action game
Huh?
>>
>>13805123
It sounds like when it's your turn to act, you get free range of movement until you run out of action points. Kind of like Worms in a sense that you get to freely reposition yourself and attack with your weapon of choice. Sounds interesting.
>>
>>13805135
Judging from the demo, it's more like valkyria chronicles
>>
>>13805086
It makes me pine for a decent Front Mission title
>>
Looks interesting, has anyone tried the demo?
>>
>>13805135
>>13805141
Looks like a mix between Final Fantasy XIII and Valkyria Chronicles. To be honest, I'd love a Valkyria Chronicles-like SRW with proper mecha, but at the same time this is too AC for me. Gimme some of that super robot.
>>
>>13805086

eh.
doesn't look all that interesting. sounds like FM5 with a twist
>>
The Demo is really big so its going to take a while to download
>>
>>13805086
I like the design stuff. Not sold completely on the meat and potatoes of it.

If it takes off and more comes from it may look into it more, but I never get my hopes up over crowd funding shit.
>>
Pretty fucking neat, they've even got a demo up there
That name is pretty generic though

>steel metal armored gear frame core
>pick two, now you've got your mecha game title
>>
omg this is gold
>>
The idea seems neat and I'll try the demo but the team is pretty nothing. That makes me question will it turn out that good and if it will come out at all, I prefer to back smaller game for new teams
>>
>>13805930

Yeah, that's definitely a concern. I looked at the KS site, I like the idea, the art is cool, and the team is enthusiastic, but so much can go wrong in the course of game development that it's very risky to support a kickstarter unless your team has a ton of experience. This one seems to be the brainchild of one guy with an uncertain amount of background as a dev. I'll be giving this project my best wishes, but I don't think I'll be investing.
>>
>$60k
>dead genre
>indiegogo
well you can try to tell about it to /v/ and /vg/
>>
>>13805086
The mechs and environment seems to be mix of Front Mission and Armored Core.

Liked the skater treads in OP pic.
>>
>>13805086
>Adjust your personal pilot stat and write a self-biography. The backer gets to choose an exclusive artwork we set for use as your in-game dog tag.

>You also get to choose whether this character would be permanent death or not.

I really hope the same weirdos who backed Kaiju Combat don't back this game.
>>
>>13807862
I just hope ANYONE backs this, i really want it
>>
>>13807862
So forgive me for asking, but what happened to Kaiju Combat? I've heard of several high-profile KS failures (everyone knows of MN9 by now, but a bunch of others like Woolfe and Project Phoenix ended up sputtering out too), but my understanding is: Kaiju Combat was going OK until they found out the most well-paying backers were furries who were absolutely insistent on getting their obnoxious characters into the game, which made life a living hell for the devs and pissed off all the other backers. Is that more or less it?
>>
>>13807924
That's pretty much exactly it. The only thing to really add is there's this one weird guy who has his own furry mob that actually doxes people if they use his OC without permission and forced this other guy to make their OC his OC's boyfriend. You can imagine how someone like that would be a massive hassle for the devs.
>>
>>13807947
Holy shit, that's absolutely insane. I can't imagine how the devs would deal with that, it seems like a living nightmare. They could just say "fuck it" and give him back his money, but that could be a lot of money, and it seems that psycho would probably try to dox the devs.
>>
>>13807963
>They could just say "fuck it" and give him back his money, but that could be a lot of money,

That's exactly the issue holding the game back for so long. The people wanting to shove in their shitty OC especially the guy I mentioned contributed a ton of the funding so they either gotta play nice or just kill the game and start anew. It must be hell trying to juggle this stuff on top of trying to not alienate people who don't wanna play as a giant green kangaroo who burps for people with a gas fetish.
>>
File: dualgearalpha.png (3MB, 1575x877px) Image search: [Google]
dualgearalpha.png
3MB, 1575x877px
Looks real good.
>>
>>13808523

As long as it's not Project Nimbus-tier vaporware
>>
>>13808525
Isn't project nimbus still in development?
>>
>>13808523
Seeing the year 2016 on a game title screen feels weird.
>>
People that played the Demo
HOW DOES IT PLAY
>>
dead
Why exactly would they try making Front Mission and not AC?
>turn based mecha game
no one really wants that
>>
>>13807924
>>13807947

people do this shit? can't they just, you know, wait for a game?
>>
>>13809246
not your regular front mission. it plays like a combination of fm online and previous entries. perhaps the best way to describe it is like parasite eve for ps1.
>>
>Flexable Funding
>This campaign will receive all funds raised even if it does not reach its goal

Why don't more crowdfunding games do this? I mean I get that they could just take the money and run, but doing flexable funding also shows me that they have some faith in their product and that they are willing to float some of the bill themselves should it come to that.
>>
>>13809445
because it doesn't work on Kickstarter
and people will assume it's a scam
>>
they need to start accepting paypal.
>>
Oh these guys are definitely not native english speakers, I thought so from like line 1 but then their names confirmed it. Shame cuz this looks awesome! But they're describing it wrong.

It's Valkyria Chronicles style gameplay, put all your units in place and world is paused from overhead. But then once you actually start moving/performing action it's real time based on like AP stuff. They aren't asking for a shit ton though and even though they haven't created quality stuff they have shipped games on multiple platforms.
>>
>>13809246
>no one really wants that
People that miss FM do.
>>
This looks pretty awesome.
>>
>>13808525
What is wrong with Project Nimbus? Last I checked people enjoyed it or did the developers fuck something up recently with the early access version?
>>
>>13805086
For some shitty pre alpha demo its running really stable and the UI is pretty thought out. Wish the had the option to pay with paypal
>>
>>13808530
>>13809516
>Release Date: 6 Nov, 2014
not him, but i get what he meant by it being vaporware.
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 1665x695px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 1665x695px
>>13809246
But you're wrong. The words Front Mission and Valkyria Chronicles combined give me an immediate erection. Turn based strategy is fun.
>>
>>13812134
It's only vaporware if it stops getting updated. As it is, we just get to be privy to the in-house testing that would be going on anyway.
>>
>>13805086
I wanna see if there would even be Backpack Actions.
>>
I'm done with crowd funding. Never worth it. I'll buy the final product if it's decent.
>>
>>13809455
Indiegogo accepts paypal
>>
File: guard_duty_by_talros-d36xnrh.jpg (158KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
guard_duty_by_talros-d36xnrh.jpg
158KB, 900x675px
Fuck I knew there would be thread about this here.

This thing is literally Front Mission, 2016 edition. Even design and movement have similarities. I am all in.
>>
>>13805086
Computer too shit to run the demo properly but I'm keeping an eye on it, even if crowd funding is shit.
>>
I need a xbox controller :/
>>
Played the demo. As other anons mentioned, it's Valkyrie Chronicles meets Front Mission, which is actually pretty fucking sweet. Prealpha though and it shows:

Movement is slow and clunky.
Weapons are all over the place in terms of quality.
Moving actually fucks you up more than just standing around and shooting missiles.
AI is retarded as fuck.

I still had fun with it. Would back it if I had money at all. 60k for PC game like that? Someone make it happen please.
>>
>>13805086
all i wanted was more front mission.
>>
Looks amazing, I'd never donate though and it probably wont get funding because people don't like mech games.
>>
File: 1387431391281.jpg (346KB, 1155x1720px) Image search: [Google]
1387431391281.jpg
346KB, 1155x1720px
I'll buy this just so I can make Power Doll mods.
>>
>>13808538
Whoa, are we in, the future...?
>>
bump
>>
File: Power Doll.jpg (57KB, 480x633px) Image search: [Google]
Power Doll.jpg
57KB, 480x633px
>>13818980
Oh god yes. That would be epic.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.