[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, that ending felt pretty bullshit. The action is nice, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

Okay, that ending felt pretty bullshit. The action is nice, but the whole thing is less fulfilling than the series.
>>
>>13800670
The series wasn't fulfilling either, the movie at least resolved the love triangle instead of lol sky end.
>>
I don't see how it's less fulfilling

Do you need to be 100% assured that he's coming back? Because he did at the end
>>
>>13800975
It's more that the series had more in terms of the characters, whereas the movies felt like the action was center stage. Which I understand, certainly, nobody's going to watch the movies if they're 75% talking, but it comes at the cost of flatter characters. There was less of Ozma and Cathy, Sheryl felt less developed, and even with the happier ending Klan and Michael didn't feel as well-done as it was in the series. The completely different plot I was fine with, it's just that parts of it feel weird or forced because they had to tell the story in 4 hours instead of 8.

Credit where it's due though, it wasn't just a clip show of the series. The quality didn't feel like it was much higher than the series, but they did add a bunch of new stuff for the concerts.
>>
>>13801070
That's fair enough I guess. I felt like yeah, the characters could have used more screentime but I just thought that they really had an idea of where they wanted to focus, that being on the main triangle, and the extra characters got their time to shine in the series itself. It's really not much different than DYRL in that regard.
>>
>>13800679
>the movie at least resolved the love triangle instead of lol sky end
Sky end was the only logical conclusion to Alto's character who was fucking tired of whiping those sluts' asses every single time they were taking a dump.
>>
>>13800670
Who's the blue bitch in the middle with the Diebuster pants?
>>
>>13800975
>Do you need to be 100% assured that he's coming back? Because he did at the end
Say, I keep hearing about side story stuff that confirmed his return but never got any details, does anyone have them?
>>
>>13804123
Klan Klan Klang Klang Klan Klein.
>>
>>13800670
You're right, the movie sucks, but that's TV show the best of all "Macross"
>>
>>13804202

Ill never get over how rustled I am they took a cool badass meltran pilot and invented some stupid magic loli disorder bullshit
>>
>>13800670
I wish the story of the film had been that of the tv series. The idea of making Sheryl a real spy was very cool and a bit unsettling. Even the homage to the Fire Bomber concert as a "Lovely" bomber concert in fake Alcatraz was nice.
The tv series had good character development, but it never makes anything of Sheryl. Brera, Grace and Sheryl were much more menacing in the movie. The one big fault of the movie was that of not taking the risk to kill Sheryl. Kawamori did a copt out there and it diminishes Sheryl's action of saving Ranka in the underground. She should have died and Ranka alone should have sang during the final concert.
>>
>>13808827
Obviously I meant I wish the story of the tv series had been that of the film.
>>
>>13808827
Was Sheryl really a spy or just framed? I forgot that bit.
>>
>>13808965
She was a spy. It's made pretty clear from the first moment she and Grance land on Frontier. In the tv series Sheryl was a puppet of Grace, not so in the film.
>>
>>13800679

Yeah, it was surprising how the last girl won after all that fighting, who would imagine Alto was to become the king of the Vajra?
>>
>>13808811
Agreed.
>>
>>13808827
I didn't like what the movies did to Brera either. I liked that he was Ranka's long-lost brother who's trying to protect her and you immediately know that they're connected when he starts playing on his harmonica. They completely killed his character in the movies, they could have just replaced him with some generic cyborg spy and it would be no different.
>>
>>13808811
Found the low test.
>>
File: chris_hansen.gif (25KB, 225x556px) Image search: [Google]
chris_hansen.gif
25KB, 225x556px
>>13812663

yeah cuz wanting a badass pilot chick is low test
>>
It just me or casualty rate in movie is lower than tv series?
>>
>>13813332
>Michael in the pic
I think you already answered your own question anon.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.