[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MSV-R Johnny Ridden vol 8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

File: MSVR-Johnny-Ridden-v8-004.png (1MB, 1125x1645px) Image search: [Google]
MSVR-Johnny-Ridden-v8-004.png
1MB, 1125x1645px
Here is MSV-R Return of Johnny Ridden volume 8

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ds5mf2wgpr14rp6/MSV-R_Return_of_Johnny_Ridden_vol_8.zip

Updated pastebin with previous volumes and other works I scanlated.

http://pastebin.com/zDqTp4hj

Usual business. Inform me of any improvements and/or mistakes, I will fix them and upload to Batoto (and here if desired).

And a new bit of business. As for my next one-shot project, Hunter of Black Clothes (with Zudahs) and Hasegawa's MSV Johnny Ridden seem to be in the spotlight. So here's a strawpoll for you /m/en to decide what you want next.

http://strawpoll.me/6625290
That said, photoshop can be an ass and a half to get batch scripts running correctly.
>>
Hell yeah, thanks based Nozaku!

Hmm, both choices are single volume works.. I'm voting for Hunter of Black Clothes. I don't hate Hasegawa's art, but I'd prefer to look at the more normal-looking other option.
>>
>>13789835
Thanks a lot nozaku, I appreciate the stuff you do so much. Both of those one-shots sound cool but since I'm already reading return of johnny ridden I think I'd prefer to get the original story first to have some better context.
>>
>>13789887
I don't think Return of Johnny Ridden ties into Hasegawa's MSV story, so there's no context to be had. They're totally separate.
>>
Whoa cool
>>
>>13789835
Holy shit Johnny let himself go.

Glad the Red Comet didn't get fat.
>>
dude thank you so much, i fucking love you
>>
Thanks NOZAKU
By any chance do you happen to have the other volumes
>>
You are all welcome /m/en.

>>13789915
Correct they are completely unrelated. Hasegawa has him fighting a FA Gundam in the Full Bullet Zaku in the beginning.

>>13790213
Yes, the previous volumes are in the pastebin posted above.
>>
hey could you change developers and hooligans 5 to .zips
>>
Thanks again NOZAKU
>>
File: Char-aznable-pre-battle-of-loum.png (192KB, 478x355px) Image search: [Google]
Char-aznable-pre-battle-of-loum.png
192KB, 478x355px
>>13792110
Done. They are up in the pastebin now.

>>13792264
>>
Only Yazan would charge an trained sniper head on without any cover, And only Yazan would be capable of surving said charge without a scratch
>>
>>13793369
And have fun while doing so.
>>
>>13789835
You are a king and saint. Will you lead the spacenoids to victory?
>>
>>13789915
>>13791326
I did not know that about the Hasegawa series. In the Strawpoll, please move one vote from the MSV to the Zudah story. Sorry.
>strawpoll won't let me re-vote
>>
>>13795877
I'm just your friendly neighborhood japanophile.
According to Gopp in volume 7, spacenoids were already victorious, heh. That would leave me out of a job.

>>13795888
Ok, I'll keep that in mind.
>>
bmup
>>
File: 1383635778795.jpg (38KB, 453x342px) Image search: [Google]
1383635778795.jpg
38KB, 453x342px
This volume is now up on Batoto for viewing.
>>
>>13789835
Once again thanks for the great work Nozaku!
>>
hey nozaku

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that you are my personal space Jesus.
>>
File: 72646.jpg (32KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
72646.jpg
32KB, 225x350px
>>13802665
>>13804230
Any time.

Also, bump for the Strawpoll. Let us get some more votes in there to break the tie.
>>
>>13789835
Bömping shamelessly, because important.

The return of Johnny Ridden has a lot of valuable background info on the One-Year War and its after-effects, so I think it to be worthy of a little promotion.
>>
>>13809031
I'm honestly surprised MSV-R isn't more popular or more of Bandai's show horse rather than Thunderbolt.

There's less MS battles, but it's far more complete as a series and arguably more enjoyable.
>>
>>13809256
Just refreshed myself on the series today. I think it adds a lot more value to the canvas of the Universal Century than I expected it to.

The way they tell the story by delving into the different branches and factions of the Earth Sphere gives one a really invested feeling into the story. You feel like you're being taken back, not just to the momentous events like the White Base's story, but the stories of other people who were also participants in the same battles and others. Through them you see their individual experiences and are linked back to the larger picture of combat. It's great.

Ark Performance doing the art is also a definite double plus. Not really sure what to feel about OYW suits facing off evenly against Gryps-born units on even grounds being justified simply by "internal upgrading", but they're not hurling out facial upgrade variants at every turn despite being MSV which I take to be another plus. They manage to vary the MS types in the story just enough to keep the battles a treat, and use their art to value-add units with emblems and markings to keep them distinct while toying with the established faction aesthetics.
>>
>>13809256
Maybe Thunderbolt is a testbed for further UC manga adaptations, assuming those have designs that can get model kit (re)releases. In the meantime, Johnny did show up in DWG, for what's that worth.

>>13809328
I heard good things about their work on Plan to Assassinate Gihren Zabi. Plus, it seems they did this: https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=61456
>>
File: Gelgoog_-_Dido_Kaltoha.jpg (101KB, 596x720px) Image search: [Google]
Gelgoog_-_Dido_Kaltoha.jpg
101KB, 596x720px
>>13809328
>Not really sure what to feel about OYW suits facing off evenly against Gryps-born units on even grounds being justified simply by "internal upgrading"
Did you I don't know, watch ZZ?
>>
>>13809256
>There's less MS battles

That's exactly the problem. At least to Bandai.
>>
>>13809328
The thing that really sets these series apart from the rest is that the characters are rational and the natural exposition of a character's competence is order of magnitudes greater than the source material.

Just imagine if Ark Performance was allowed to rewrite UC from start to finish in their style of story telling. It'd be The Ravages of Time of Gundam.
>>
>>13812078
>excluding the cuteness of the girls
>>
>>13812118
>Cheating whore who two times Led with Johnny Ridden
>>
>>13811453
I did, but people love to shit on it so I've never talked to anyone on /m/ with any reply opinion of it more than "omg its shit u fag" for so long, I've forgotten that it exists.

Besides, I wouldn't say the desert rats (one group in an entire show using old MS, I might add, rather than the constant presence as it is in MSV-R) are piloting heavily modernized machines more so that they have just done their maintanence very well, have laid low for quite some time, and are just very familiar with their combat grounds of choice and practice tactics frequently. As opposed to the MSV-R Gelgoogs that may as well be new designs for all it is concerned, short of actually getting a new MS entirely.
>>
>>13812579
Glemy straight up says that thing isn't an authentic Gelgoog and it's clearly upgraded compared to the red one before. Not to mention the one the AEUG built out of a Nemo.

Desert Zakus and Dowadge Kai are massively upgraded from the OYW also. (Probably the other Doms too). MSV-R follows up a lot of the things in ZZ that Unicorn didn't so it particularly fits.
>>
Oh and ZZ also has the Gazu and Regelg which are warmed over late OYW designs being used by elite pilots in the late stages.
>>
>>13789835
You da real MVP, NoZaku
>>
>>13812629
Well, that's good. So in MSV-R we have an actual plot aspect on upgraded legacy units instead of a one-off representation never to be brought up again.

>>13812667
I prefer MSV-R's take on the whole issue more. Even if those are OYW designs, they still have to had been retooled for a a later era unless Axis Zeon built them in the final days of the war and left them in a storehouse until ZZ. I liked it when they explicitly mentioned that using refined Gelgoogs meant that they were still held back by its physical design to a certain degree.
>>
File: 1453616704572.png (38KB, 852x664px) Image search: [Google]
1453616704572.png
38KB, 852x664px
>hasegawa almost winning the poll

we cant let this happen

VOTE FOR HUNTER!

also, thanks nozaku mah boi
>>
File: colbert salute.gif (737KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
colbert salute.gif
737KB, 500x281px
>>13812688
>>13812959

MSV Chronicles Johnny Ridden is winning 26-24. Keep in mind the anon that changed his mind in >>13795888
I will conclude the vote on Sunday 1/31 at 12:00 PM PST.
>>
File: 54150675_p5.png (88KB, 450x532px) Image search: [Google]
54150675_p5.png
88KB, 450x532px
>>13814069
told friends to vote in hunters and all 3 fuckers voted in hasegawa.

fucking cunts.
>>
>>13812959
I just want to read more Johnny Ridden, even if it isn't as good as MSV-R.

>>13812078
Holy shit, I would love to see Ark Performance do a retelling of early UC. They seem to genuinely care about the original, and could probably do a good job of modernizing it and smoothing out the creases (particularly those in ZZ and CCA).

>>13809328
It's a fun ride, more than anything I love its cast; it also has a nice story of its own that feels plugged in to other early UC storylines, and when it does MS Battles they're pretty fucking cool.
>>
>>13809328
Isn't it generally taken as granted that during the UC, mobile suit development stagnated between conflicts, while conflicts themselves - OYW, Gryps, 1st NZ war - were relatively short-lived?

It took the Gryps conflict for GM II to advance to III, and the leap between was lightyears. Similarily, Gundam Mk. II was a mobile suit many could justly consider a disappointment after the groundbreaking advances the original Gundam presented over the then-ruling Zaku II. Furthermore, even during the Axis conflict, it was no surprise for Neo Zeon to rely on Zaku Fz type B's that were left over from the Capital Defense Batallion.

All in all, I think it follows a certain theme that resurfaces in Gundam time and again. An unit considered "a mobile suit" is rarely too different of another one of its kind, but completely different to "an ace mobile suit". Similarily for pilots.
>>
>>13814383
>>13814470
it's only one volume, so it's pretty harmless overall. At the least one can expect some crazy fight choreography out of the deal.
>>
>>13814470
>Holy shit, I would love to see Ark Performance do a retelling of early UC.

Yes well it won't happen for a long time if at all, because Origins is already doing that albeit not in the same style, rather just decking out every suit to be more beastly and changing major story plots such as Amuro dying. It's like a Romance of the Three Kingdoms where Shu wins.
>>
>>13814493
Has any UC series actually used the weather to the effect of the Capital Defense Battalion? I mean there's topography and such, but actual reliance on the weather to fuck over the enemy in such a grand scale seems exclusive to Gihren's Assassination Plot. It's practically a tribute to Zhuge Liang's Hua Rong Valley massacre.
>>
>>13815239
Well, art style aside, it's a decent, albeit a bit silly, story. I guess it'd be a good comical intermission from the seriousness of MSV-R.

The designs for some of the suits, like the Full Bullet Zaku and the mad scientist Zeon suit, are kind of fun in a way.

Hunter of Black Clothes, on the other hand, has a better art style in general. His mecha art is really good, but his character art is "unique", if not different from Hasegawa. Plus, who doesn't like Zudahs?
>>
Is the Johnny Ridden thingy really that bad? All I know of it is that it gave us the FAG and the hilarious Full Bullet Zaku, apparently.
>>
>>13818640
It's not really bad perse but not exactly the best. Be prepared for a bit of silliness.
>>
Hunters won.

thank god
>>
Last chance to get some votes in
>>
File: strawpoll results.png (604KB, 1362x674px) Image search: [Google]
strawpoll results.png
604KB, 1362x674px
Hunter of Black Clothes wins.
Your wish is my command.
Expect it within the month.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.