[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished Big O and I liked the ending. What are your guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Big_O_-_Armor.jpg (128KB, 635x478px) Image search: [Google]
Big_O_-_Armor.jpg
128KB, 635x478px
Just finished Big O and I liked the ending. What are your guys thoughts on the show?
>>
File: big o season 2.jpg (1000KB, 1284x2896px) Image search: [Google]
big o season 2.jpg
1000KB, 1284x2896px
>>13787614

I liked it.
>>
>>13787614
Favorite anime, perfect ending. I watch it at least two or three times a year. Never gets old.
>>
>>13787614
It's a great show.
>>
>>13787614
Excellent first half, terrible second half.
>>
>>13787614
I haven't watched it in a long time. All I really remember is that I liked most of it but the ending left me with serious blue balls.
>>
>>13787614
One of my all time favorite /m/ shows. If I HAD to complain about something, it'd be that Vera is kind of a weak antagonist and the switch to digital animation being very noticeable but these are small complaints.
>>
I don't think I understood the story that well since I suck at reading between the lines, but Big O is one of the most visually-interesting shows I've ever seen. Character interactions were great, too.

>>13787751
There's something about the old cel-based animation that fits Big O perfectly. It could just be due to early digipaint weirdness though, I don't know.
>>
It was okay.
>>
>>13787614
The show must go on yet didn't.
>>
>>13787614
Go watch Texhnolyze. Same main writer did both series and you can really see how some similar themes are presented. It'll help you understand Big O too. And it's /m/.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 300x225px
>>13787614
First season, one of my favourite shows, ever. The second just feels so different, I don't even bother with it. And Brick Ballades only ever being used as an Easter Egg was criminal.
>>
Schwarzwald was right.
>>
>>13787620

This fucking kills me.

>Never intended to have an ending

What kind of a sick fuck does that?

Two things I loved as a kid;

Batman and Robots.
This shit brought them both together in a sense. I've been wishing and waiting to find out more about why the show never went on. Today I received that wish...

Dude's an asshole.
>>
You know, when ever shows end like this sometimes I go "Wow, what an artistic ending! That was so profound and deep!" and other times I'm like "What the fuck is this! When you can't end a show in a coherent way you've failed as a writer." I don't really know what to feel for the Big O.
>>
File: 1430003962303.jpg (43KB, 650x435px) Image search: [Google]
1430003962303.jpg
43KB, 650x435px
>>13787620
When will people learn that setting up a mystery with no intention to ever reveal the ending never works out? Same shit is what caused Twin Peaks to suffer during season 2 as well.
>>
>>13788934

It can work out fine. Big O wasn't about the mystery, the mystery only served to create a setting.

a lot of the better episodes work just fine without it being revealed or even mentioned at all.
>>
>>13789485
I brought up Twin Peaks because it was aiming to do the same thing. Issue is when you have a mystery people are going to want it solved which means the networks will force them to end it at some point which happened in both Twin Peaks and Big O.
>>
>>13789489

That depends on the kind of mystery. Twin Peaks was a murder mystery at it's core.

Big O was about a tragedy or huge event that happened long before the central cast was even born. Everyone chiefly involved likely dead and the consequences left to the younger people to deal with.
>>
>>13787614
I feel like it was too short, but I like how they looped it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.