[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when does this show stop being retarded and awful?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 12

File: mobile-suit-gundam-wing.jpg (152KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mobile-suit-gundam-wing.jpg
152KB, 1024x768px
>>
It stops being awful about halfway through. It never stops being retarded.
>>
>>13773581
When you stop stealing opinions and thread ideas from 4chan
>>
>>13773628
This.
>>
Between episodes 20 and 30 somewhere.
>>
Why does Wing have the worst girls, is it because they're not the focus so nobody on the staff really cared about them? Before anyone says "but Noin!" think really hard, remember how much her entire character is just "I do shit for Zechs" next remember how many kills she got, near 0. I don't know how anyone could put her in the same league as Emma, Haman, Cecily or Marbet.
>>
Episode 40 or so.

Shame I hated the show already by that point, the last batch of episodes were pretty neat.
>>
>>13778522
How many kills did Haman, Cecily, and Marbet get, again?
>>
>>13778541
More than Noin
>>
>>13778567
No, I'm seriously asking. I don't remember any of them shooting down anybody. Marbet, maybe, since the middle of Victory is pretty much a blur to me at this point, but still.
>>
>>13778580
I think Marbet had a pretty high count.
Haman didn't really showed up in MS combat except for the final battles, though the end of ZZ had a lot of fodder.
Cecily got maybe 1.
>>
>>13778522
She got at least 3 kills.
>>
>>13773581
https://d.maxfile.ro/joskrupdoq.webm
>>
>>13773628
/thread

the battle scenes are still pretty sleep-inducing when they are not reusing asserts though.

>>13778687
The only good fight scenes in W are the 1 v 1 duels because that's the only time they don't get to do
>bullet/beam spam
>reusing the same slashing the enemy open scene again
shit again for 5 minutes.
>>
File: zeta.png (2MB, 1492x1080px) Image search: [Google]
zeta.png
2MB, 1492x1080px
>>
>>13778687
Shit, I quit before seeing anything that great. Maybe I should continue.
>>
>>13773581
I'm watching it right now (on episode 24) and I gotta say if you just take it as action schlock and kinda riff on it as you go, it can be kinda enjoyable. Like it's complete shit with its unlikable characters, nonsensical plot, shit pacing, and massive plot holes. But if you take it for what it is and not too seriously, it's not as painful as it could be.
>>
>>13778750
If you ignore all the female casts (outside of Emma) and Katz this show will becomes 10/10
>>
>>13778782
>ignore all the female casts
Kamille is one of the few good parts though
>>
>>13778775
>if you just take it as action schlock and kinda riff on it as you go
>episode 24

I don't know how you can say this when the early episodes are the worst offenders in W in reusing assets, they stopped doing it about halfway into the show.

I remember back when I was marathoning W and sick of all the reused fight scenes
>a new scene comes up where Wing got caught and crash lands into the ground
>"wow this is actually a new scene from all the shit they reuse, maybe this show is starting to get good!"
>it becomes reuse fodder at next episode
>>
>>13778796
Too me that was the funny part. Like "are they seriously going this cheap here?" It kind of became a gag in itself. I'm also only watching 2-3 episodes a day, so I'm not really noticing it as much as if I were to marathon it, but yeah, if I were taking it seriously it'd be borderline offensive. How many times can I see the same 3 Leo's blow up?
>>
>>13773581
When you stop being retarded and awful.
>>
>>13778788
cheeki breeki

>>13778805
I only carry on because it was a big thing when I was a kid and I never actually got to see the show back then, alongside shows like Gaogaiger and G gundam when they actually aired in my local television.

At least 2 out of the 3 shows are good.
>>
File: .webm (2MB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
.webm
2MB, 600x600px
>>13778687
Wing only has two good fights
>>
>>13778805

There's this scene where the Sandrock's blades get red and Quatre throws them at some Leos which I think was used 4 or 5 times.
>>
>>13778782
Thats 99% of the plot.
>>
Can we admit that Wufei is the worst gundam protagonist of all time.
>>
>>13779180

Woman detected.
>>
>>13779180
you must be a bleeding heart or a woman
>>
>>13778538

It was interesting that the Gundam Pilots weren't a team until after ep. 40 when they were all in the Peacemillion and even then they sucked at teamwork.
>>
>>13779180
>Wu Fei
>protag

you wish.

>>13779232
There was never teamwork, they stuck with each other for a brief period of time and then fuck off to do their own thing 2 episodes later.

I half-expected that there would be a scene where the 5 gundams would finally stick together and do some corny yet awesome final battle moment but the gundams almost never appear on the same screen together even towards the end.
>>
>>13779245

The closest thing to them fighting together was when they were being beaten by Zechs' mobile dolls and Quatre was desperate trying to give them orders to have a strategy and the rest mostly ignored him.

The other time the 5 of them were together was when they got fucked in the ass by Trieze and they killed all the pacifists.
>>
File: Invitation.png (473KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Invitation.png
473KB, 720x540px
>>13778811
I'll kill you
>>
Gundam Wing has a place in my heart as the series that got me into mecha and anime in general.

That said, I will never watch it again. Only now, as an adult looking back on it, do I realize how awful it is.
>>
>>13773581
Your Sight, My Delight
>>
>>13779390
I don't like to be that guy who pat people on the back for saying things I approve, but this board need more people like you.
>>
>>13778522
>Why does this notoriously gay anime that famously pandered to fujoshi have the worst girls,
>>
>>13779783
Fujoshi stuff sometimes has great girls too.
>>
>>13773581
You have to remember that Gundam Wing is targeted towards a younger audience like G Gundam was.

It never feels like it stops being retarded.
>>
>>13773581
At the end of Endless Waltz.
Unless you count the Frozen Teardrop silliness, in which case NEVER.
>>
>>13778750
>b-but Zeta!

Christ you Wing fanboys are almost as insecure as the IBO ones.
>>
>>13773628
The first half is better than the second half, the second half is just CCA lite. Also, if you want to watch a non-retarded mecha show then Gundam really isn't for you I'm afraid.

>>13778811
This.
>>
>>13778796
>I don't know how you can say this when the early episodes are the worst offenders in W in reusing assets

Protip: Gundam has ALWAYS been cheap as fuck. The stock footage from 0079 is infamous to animators even 30 years later. In comedy shows you frequently see them mock/reference the "zaku getting shot through torso with beam rifle" footage. G-reco was so cheap they didn't even make a proper OP, and IBO is working on a shoe string budget. I can go on and on.

People acting like this is a problem only for Wing are just meme spewing newfags. Unfortunately, there are a lot of those on neo-/m/.
>>
>>13779180
You only think that because YOU'RE A WOMAN
>>
>>13778815
>Wing Gundam vs Tallgeese
>Heavy arms vs Tallgeese
>Mercurius/Vayeate vs Wing Zero
>Wing Zero vs Epyon
>Epyon vs Wing Zero

That's more than two by my count.
>>
>>13781504
>some insults my shot
>better call them insecure!

Oh the ironing.
>>
>>13781534
Tallgeese vs Mercurius and Vayeate was good too.
Zero vs Epyon 1 was good, Altron vs the MD in like 44 or 45, Tallgeese's various fights were all good.
>>
>>13779180

Sounds like something a woman would say.
>>
>>13773581

From 16 to the recap episodes that plot and battles are quite good. The characters never really improve. But I would say that the middle third of the series has some very positive features. I found the initial arc when the Gundam pilots fail and decide to go back to space up to when Heero and Quatre return to earth to be the strongest point in the show. Having the Gundam pilots fail so explicitly and then have to pick up the pieces and figure out their place in the world was one of the most interesting aspects of Wing.
>>
>>13779783
>>13779953
It only pandered in the official art unless you count Quatre as pandering.
>>
>>13778522
>Girls are only good in Gundam if they kill shit. What a stupid fuckin post.
>>
>>13779180
>>13781547
>>13781525
>>13779245
>>13779190
>>13779184
Wufei was a shit character which is why he was MIA most of the time. All his "Justice" and "Weak people shouldn't fight" faggotry was some of the dumbest shit. And he's really one to bitch about women when he was the only one of the five that was fucking married, not to mention that Sally A WOMAN was the only person to ever challenge Wifei's faulty bullshit philosophy.
>>
>>13781517
This. GW is no better or worst then a lot of other Gundam series.
>>
File: 1384706328145.jpg (393KB, 1223x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1384706328145.jpg
393KB, 1223x1600px
>>13773581
Around episode 10 or so Heero stops being an edgy cunt, but he relapses occasionally.

Wufei is a retard all the way through and Zechs can't figure out what he's doing. The action and animation is hit or miss, sometimes it's great but sometimes you can tell they didn't really try.

The writing is spotty and the plot meanders a lot. New villains and characters are introduced to move the plot along and are quickly killed off, and certain characters are completely absent until they have a super dramatic soap opera moment that ultimately serves no purpose.

If you aren't watching for Duo and some of (in my opinion) the best grunt designs in the franchise, you're doing it wrong.
>>
File: 001.png (1MB, 2005x2010px) Image search: [Google]
001.png
1MB, 2005x2010px
Well, since this thread exists - this character has no canon hair color so which one looks best on her?
>>
>>13781618
Brown to reinforce the Une connection?
>>
>>13781650
I wish they would have told us what their connection was supposed to be because they look nothing alike. Also, we don't even know Lady Une's first name.
>>
>>13781618
Poster here. Now that I look at her maybe I should make her bangs longer.
>>
>>13781656
No, I'm pretty sure it's Lady.
>>
>>13781656
I'm like 99% sure her first name is lady. Like not even fucking with you.
>>
>>13781706
>>13781717
Wow seriously? Could they not think of a good name for her or something?
>>
>>13781729
I'm joking because Treize always calls her Lady. If her first name were Lady they would refer to her as Une Lady because of how they say names in Japan.
>>
>>13781736
I forgot about that since I haven't watched the JP version in about a decade.
>>
>>13781736
Actually, I'm retarded. Everyone's names are said in a Western style, Relena Peacecraft, Trowa Barton, etc.

I believe she's actually referred to as Lady-Sama while in the personality as the ambassador to the colonies, though I could be mistaken. It's been a while.

Which brings into question how weird The Treize Faction sounds. That's like saying "The John Faction" or "The Mike Faction."
>>
>>13781745
They should have named the faction after his last name instead. That would have been ok.
>>
>>13778750

Pretty much when Amuro and Char come face to face again, really kick starts the series.
>>
>>13781538
I'm not the one who has to fallback on bringing up entirely different shows the moment someone insults your favorite.
>>
File: 1450873139086.png (122KB, 400x368px) Image search: [Google]
1450873139086.png
122KB, 400x368px
>>13781616

>Around episode 10 or so Heero stops being an edgy cunt, but he relapses occasionally.

Edgy Heero is best Heero.
>>
>>13781603
Maybe his contempt for women was the result of his marriage. Maybe he was an asian Al Bundy before fighting for JUSTICE.
>>
>>13778606

haman was a successful commander for an entire season.
cecily was a decent pilot who ultimately quit about 2 thirds into a movie and then went on to be a successful commander (and baker) in it's sequel manga.

noin is set up as an ace pilot in like episode 4 and then does fucking nothing for the entirety of wing and she's STILL the best girl in the show. wing has awful girls.
>>
>>13783453
You're such a shit taste faggot. Women don't have to go around killing shit for them to be GOOD you fuck nut.
>>
>>13783453

Relena was awful but extremely relevant, Gundam Pilot tier.

Une was a crazy bitch but extremely competent and quite relevant, also she seemed to be a very good pilot since she held off Wu Fei with a Leo.

Catherine was a plot device for Trowa and Hilde was Duo's token gf.
>>
>>13783598
Actually it does when compared to other female pilots, ones that get more kills are better than ones that just survive.
>>
>>13783603
>Relena was awful
I don't know how people can still unironically spew out this shit. She was a 15 year old girl who was pushed into being the last voice of peace by her brother and Traze. Yeah, it took her until EW to realize certain things about peace but what the fuck did people expect. Not to mention you faggots act like her wanting to live in Peace is the worst fucking thing ever.
>>
File: 001 (1).png (1MB, 1751x2010px) Image search: [Google]
001 (1).png
1MB, 1751x2010px
>>13781618
Okay. Round 2. No one liked the blond and I changed the eyes on the light brown. So which one.
>>
>>13783651
Wait, what part of Wing is she from?
>>
>>13783668
Episode Zero, chapter 3, Trowa's backstory.
>>
>>13781507
> non-retarded mecha show
>Implying anything outside of Gundam isn't retarded in it's own right

Don't confuse the OP anon.
>>
>>13783680
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>13783644
She was both unentertaining,and plain annoying to me.The only good thing about this show is the Late UC-tier MS.I mean this can be a late UC show.The mecha are small and overly speedy,and beam spam is abundant.
>>
>>13783950
Her struggle to have peace rule throughout Earth and Space while constantly being targeted for assassination wasn't enough to make her interesting?
>>
>>13778522
>Why does Wing have the worst girls
Because most of them are willing to settle for really shitty guys, and it brings them down as a result.
A couple are smart though.
>>
It's pretty much mediocre, poorly paced political drama, peppered with barely interesting action and heavy handed characterization the entire way through.
Even fights that are fairly well animated end up feeling pretty uninteresting due to poor context, like the Heavyarms vs Tallgeese fight.
>>
>>13785014
Relena being infatuated with Heero is what made her a stronger person.

And Duo and Hilde were a really happy and healthy relationship.

Whats the problem?
>>
>>13783438

Wufei thinks that women are weak and shouldn't be fighting because his wife was the first pilot of the Shenlong and died piloting it. He wants to carry the burden himself because he think he is strong enough to were others will just get themselves killed.
>>
>>13773581

when you stop watching
>>
>>13778750

retarded yes , awful no
now go masturbate to your futaba Wing boys
>>
File: wimmin.png (475KB, 590x415px) Image search: [Google]
wimmin.png
475KB, 590x415px
>>13779180
>>
>>13781616
Heero may have been an edgy cunt in the earlier episodes but it was a breath of fresh air seeing him laugh maniacally wiping those pilots out after four series of pilots constantly trying to justify why they had to kill enemy pilots. After he stopped being edgy the only fun pilot to watch was Duo and he's hardly in the show.
>>
>>13785002
The whole political scene in this fuckfest of a show was so badly set up,it`s not even remotely believable.And also Relena had this insane notion that war was a bad thing.Yes it`s a bad thing by itself,but the combination of factors that lead up to it and the results are part of human nature.
>>
>>13787538
Explain why it's badly setup
>>
>>13773581
Wing 2deep4u
>>
>>13773581
Its great if you are between the ages of 3 and 10. It really isnt far off from the normal "war sub-plot and civil issues" dialogues you have to sit thru in every other gundam series.
>>
>>13778750

I'll cut you.
>>
>>13773581
Just got to episode 42 and unless something really changes in the next 7 episodes, I'm gonna go with never. It's been constant nonsense since the first episode. I'm kinda enjoying just how illogical everything is in kind of an ironic way. Like just sitting back with some friends and riffing on it has been a lot of fun.
>>
>>13789030
First it`s unclear what the political organization actually are and what they represent.That`s how it`s badly set up.And also Gundam`s whole point is that war is part of human nature and a natural part of a civilization`s development.
>>
>>13773581
So, I've got a quick question for you guys that understand what the hell is going on in Wing.

So Relena is all for pacifism, but then her country gets steamrolled because she doesn't fight back, she then becomes Queen of the World and is still on about the pacifism despite it never working and the only way she's achieved anything is by sheer luck and violence by other people.

So am I missing something here? Like I'm pretty sure the show it shooting for a "pacifism is the key" kinda thing, but all I'm getting is how impractical it is. Has her pacifism achieved anything at any point in the series that's suppose to make me sympathize with her?
>>
>>13791856
>First it`s unclear what the political organization actually are and what they represent.

So you're not paying attention?

>And also Gundam`s whole point is that war is part of human nature and a natural part of a civilization`s development.

What does that have to do with Wing?
>>
>>13792107
Here let me spoil the plot for you since you seem to be the type of person that asks questions the show answers for you in later episodes.

The closure of Wing for Relena is she comes to realize total pacifism doesn't work and she gives up the name Peacecraft, returning to her adopted name Darlien.
>>
>>13792107
Relena isn't the one all for pacifism. She is told she is for pacifism. Relena is forced into her roles throughout the story and is given ideals by other people. She allows the Sanc Kingdom to arm itself early on in that arc because she is told you can't just allow yourself to be attacked while preaching peace. That's how the Kingdom was destroyed the first time. They spoke of peace and didn't arm themselves even while being attacked. The Kingdom still collapsed a second time because they didn't have enough forces Everyone in the story at that point was using Relena and she was doing whatever they wanted. She was a pawn.
>>
>>13792141
Cool, so I'm not supposed to sympathize with her. That's a relief lol
>>
>>13792125
It`s a really bad Gundam show.It`s a passable mecha show,and that`s all.And from what I saw we had the vaguely defined colonies and the vaguely defined earth government,with the colonies somehow being oppressed.So they send super-prototypes to Earth to fight back.And that`s it.This is where the show`s realism goes into the privy.That`s where you lose me and that`s where I would have almost quit Gundam,because this was my first show.
>>
>>13794993
You should've quit Gundam.
>>
>>13794993
So you didn't pay attention?
>>
>>13795150
I did.And sadly,all I saw was bullshit politics,written by a five year old and one sided mecha fights that stay one-sided throughout the whole show.
>>
>>13797444
Periods need a space after them.
>>
>>13797444
So yeah, you didn't pay attention. Especially when you are talking about one sided mech fights.
>>
>>13797460
Actually your punctuation is all kinds of fucked up. Please fix this or go back to the third world.
>>
Just finished the main series, gonna start Endless Waltz tonight and hoping it fills in some of the gaps in the Gundam protagonists's back stories and provides some clarity on the events of the show.

Quick question here: What was the deal with Treize's death? He gives a speech about he how his soldiers haven't died in vain, then kamikaze's. Doesn't that defeat the meaning of the speech? To say all the death was for a reason then to just kill himself out of nowhere. Did he want to be one of the soldiers to die in war? Because he states a few times throughout the show that war is beautiful. I'm not trying to be a dick, I just legitimately think I'm missing something here.
>>
>>13797796
I think he just wantd to die to someone he honored
>>
File: 1389218549680.gif (1MB, 201x137px) Image search: [Google]
1389218549680.gif
1MB, 201x137px
>>13779180
>>
>>13773581
All Gundam shows are retarded (not awful, just retarded), this shouldn't be news for anyone.

However, I wouldn't call Gundam Wing a bad show by any means, just mediocre.

>>13778750
Zeta Gundam is retarded, but otherwise a great show.
>>
>>13773581

twaords the end it transforms into CCA

The Earth Sphere alliance is bankrupt so they have to borrow Zeon uniforms , and OZ steals some Titan uniforms
>>
>>13797796

breh , none of these Wing characters are suppose to make sense , they just have to look pretty and blow shit up
>>
>>13773581

Why does this shows OST sound like a sweaty gay club ?
>>
File: Fitting.png (965KB, 1025x763px) Image search: [Google]
Fitting.png
965KB, 1025x763px
>>13798098
Just finished Endless Waltz, and you're 100% right lol. Too bad politics made up 75% of the actual show.
>>
>>13781603
Roastie detected
>>
>>13797493
Did we watch different shows.Through 98% of the show we see the main gendums kill grunts.And that`s about it.We have a few battles inbetween teh gendums,and some battles against Zechs.And that`s it.You are seriously a fucking retarded 10-year old,if you presume that Wing is even half decent.
>>
>>13799764
We certainly didn't if that is what you saw. The Gundams in Wing started out overpowered because they were fighting the Leo, a 20 year old machine. But even then with overwhelming numbers the Leo was able to overpower the Gundams. Duo and Quatre get the shit kicked out of them when they are trying to get to space, Quatre was forced to sacrifice Sandrock. Later after getting to space the Taurus rips Deathscythe apart, then Shenlong gets raped by Barge and Taurus. Wing and Heavyarms were left on Earth so they couldn't get raped. Later Tallgeese gets raped by Taurus, Wing Gundam gets raped by Virgo, Altron gets raped by Virgo, Heavyarms loses a hand to Virgo etc. That's more damage per Gundam than most main series Gundams take. all series. Wing is acutally one of the few AU where the Gundams are regularly beaten on. Strike didn't take much of any damage when Kira used it in Seed. Freedom got damaged twice in Seed. Exia took no damage until 00's final battle in season 1. Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>13773581
When you watch IBO.
>>
>>13799769
I'm pretty sure that the Strike only took damage when against the LaGOWE, against Athrun, and then when Mwu was inside of it.
>>
>>13781517
Don't forget SEED. You know that the animation is shit when when you see the exact same stock animation twice within a few minutes.
>>
File: 1451156002507.gif (729KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1451156002507.gif
729KB, 500x359px
>>13798104

It was the 90s
>>
>>13799769
>But even then with overwhelming numbers the Leo was able to overpower the Gundams.

No, they weren't, you retard.
>>
Wing is just a mediocre show, that's all. You people need to stop holding it up as some kind of sacred cow and accept that it's not the "perfect Gundam series" that people used to claim it was.
>>
>>13804526
Except I already listed when it happened. Go be wrong somewhere else.
>>
>>13805514
You must be new here.

Because very few think it's great.
>>
>>13801074
The lights make it seem like Zechs is moving his head.
>>
>>13773581
You just copied the text from aome antu zeta thread you shit.

Be creative and/or shut the fuck up.

And I like Zeta Gundam.
>>
>>13807048
'Sup OP
>>
>>13807154
I promise you that I'm not OP. I responded to that Zeta thread though.
I'm not trying to false flag any wing fans, because to be totally honest i have no idea why people think there's a quantifiable battle between Zeta fans and Wing fans specifically.
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.