[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10

File: dick sucker.png (448KB, 883x697px) Image search: [Google]
dick sucker.png
448KB, 883x697px
>>
>>13772652
Urobutcher and those who tried to mimic him while making this show.
>>
Took itself too seriously.

Even Valvrave knew to be a bit tongue in cheek once in a while.
>>
It wasn't called Gundam.
>>
One word: Inaho
>>
>>13772652
It surpassed Gundam to the point the latest gundam series IBO is copying it.
>>
>>13772706
If only IBO was half as entertaining.
>>
>>13772652

Should of just had

>Season 1: The Slaine Pain Train enters Torture Town
>Season 2: Slaine slays everything left standing

Would of been nicer than INAHO DO EVERYTHING
>>
File: 1453018094536.jpg (123KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1453018094536.jpg
123KB, 768x1024px
>>13772652
but its far too early to judge a show thats not even ended yet OP
>>
>>13773855
Did we ever get kits for at least the main mecha?
>>
>>13772716
This implies A/Z was entertaining to begin with.
>>
>>13772706
You do realize Gundam has done Mars before right?
>>
>>13772716
Half of nothing is still zero
>>13772706
Are you retarded?
>>
File: Stick to AZ.jpg (18KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Stick to AZ.jpg
18KB, 854x480px
>>13772652
It wasn't directed by Tomino.
>>
Did anything go right with Aldnoah.Zero? I'm dead serious: Did A/Z do even a single thing right?
>>
>>13774238
>Did A/Z do even a single thing right?
Nope, even the OST was shit.
>>
>>13774238
It proved that Urobutcher cock suckers will watch anything with his name on it. It proves that people who still praises Sawano are retards.
>>
The biggest problem was Inaho who wasn't even a character but a walking deus ex machina that moved the plot forward.
>>
File: 345df9s.jpg (23KB, 402x307px) Image search: [Google]
345df9s.jpg
23KB, 402x307px
>>13773898
>>13773899

If "It surpassed Gundam" wasn't obvious enough for you, then I don't know what would be.
>>
>>13774265
This was just one of the problems. The worst was the princess with her forced pacifism. At the end she's not even aware that her people live in some rock shit. She's just happy because has brought peace on Earth with a magic speech.
>>
>>13774238
Slaine was cute.
>>
>>13774538
GReco outsold it though, and it didn't need event tickets to do it. Besides that Gundam has already done A.Z and did it better.
>>
>>13775246
Dude, it's sarcasm. You knew that ANIPLEX once claim that AZ will surpass Gundam, right? And it can't and that's the point.
>>
>>13775457
Not even the same anon, you should know by now that sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet.
>>
>>13774265
>>13774903
All of which stems from A.Z just using popular Mecha tropes without any consideration as to what makes them work.
>>
>say aldonah zero was shit
>defend Eureka 7 as one of the best mecha anime

People on this board are retarded for sure, but i didn t think they were also tasteless
>>
File: 1375477520604.jpg (52KB, 376x419px) Image search: [Google]
1375477520604.jpg
52KB, 376x419px
>I MUST PROTECT THE PRINCESS
>"Hey faggot I'm gonna kill the princess just let you know."
>OKAY
>OMG THE GUY WHO SAID HE WAS GOING TO KILL THE PRINCESS IS IN TROUBLE, I'LL SAVE HIM!
>Guy actually kills the princess
>OMG WHY DID YOU KILL THE PRINCESS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Never has an anime infuriated me so much.
>>
>>13775615
>shit that didn't happen
>>
>>13775615
Eureka 7 is an acquired taste but it's one I have. Musical references really get me. For the record, I thought Aldnoah Zero was decent.
>>
>>13774243
>ED comes on
Aw yeah, this'll be good at least
>even has equalizer bars bouncing in time to the beats
>suddenly chiptune-alike stops
wait what
>four or five different fucking languages
WHAT are you DOING
>>
>>13775615
>i didn t think they were also tasteless
>Literally a board created for Gundam
>>
>>13775802
>For the record, I thought Aldnoah Zero was decent.
Opinion discarded
>>
>>13775615
E7 knew what it was doing, the plot actually progresses and characters are allowed to develop, and good music, A.Z has none of that.
>>
File: 1447905160175.png (137KB, 431x242px) Image search: [Google]
1447905160175.png
137KB, 431x242px
>>13775619
>Never has an anime infuriated me so much.
Really? That fucking infuriated you? Not the fucking fact that he was guned down over a forced misunderstanding or the gaping hole of logic missing in the backstory in the setting? The blatant natural cause and effect that transpired infuriated you over the unnatural actions of the characters up until that point, are you fucking stupid?
>>
File: 1450185370264.jpg (23KB, 637x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450185370264.jpg
23KB, 637x480px
>>13775878
>E7 knew what it was doing, the plot actually progresses and characters are allowed to develop, and good music
>>
>>13775894
>trying this hard
Renton went from whiny child to an adult.
Eureka went from being an emotionless alien to human.
Dominic went from Dewey's yes man, to a person capable of doing shit for him and for the person he loved.
Etc. By the end of the series the characters changed and had a logical reason for said change.

As for plot, Renton and Eureka actually got together, and most if not all of the questions were answered by the end of the series.

And yes the music was good.

Only a desperate A.Zfag would say differently.
>>
>>13775931
What a whole lotta horseshit
>>
>>13772652
They needed Urobuchi to stay on the team for more than the first three episodes. He should have been a writer for every episode and maybe do series composition too
>>
>>13772652

Shitty cg, inaho, no fanservice.
>>
>>13774238

Yuki's robot handjob and magbaradge. 10/10 would make into mothers
>>
>>13775997
Confirmed for being an A.Zfag whose also never seen E7.

Then again A.Zfags are newfags so it doesn't surprise me.
>>
>>13776032
All of the women were shit though.
>>
>>13776051

How would you not want a mechanical handjob tho? I found both of them to be very attractive. They weren't good characters but they were hot. Also that random countess from s1 with the hand launching robot.
>>
>>13776069
Sure if you're desperate but they look generic as fuck.
>>
>>13776018
Those three episodes were shit too.
>>
>>13772705
Inaho was the only good part of the show.

>>13774238
Music.
15m high posters promoting second cour portraying "dead" characters .
>>
>>13776156
There was some hope for the show back then. Remember that Urobuchi isn't really a mecha writer.
>>
File: 1434665084185.png (27KB, 272x364px) Image search: [Google]
1434665084185.png
27KB, 272x364px
>>13776304
>Inaho was the only good part of the show.
Thank fuck people like you are a minority.
>>
>>13776304
>Music
Kek
>15m high posters
Nice made up numbers
>>
>>13776336
Everything else was boring or stupid as fuck, Inaho was at least cool in his omnipotence.

>>13776345
They covered big part of 5-6 floors building. But yeah, they could be 14m.
>>
>>13776350
>boring or stupid as fuck,
Sounds like Inaho
>Inaho was at least cool in his omnipotence.
Only if you're twelve
>>
>>13776367
He was the only person taking any action, he's better than rest of useless shits by default.
>>
>>13776311
Urobochi isn't really a writer period.
>>
>>13775931
>Renton went from whiny child to an adult.

Then back to whiny child. Then back to growing up. Then back to whiny child. Then back to growing the fuck up.

Why the fuck is this piece of shit like 50 episodes long?
>>
>>13776375
>He was the only person taking any action,
Yeah that was the problem, he's the biggest black hole in this shit stain.
>>
>>13775619
>I wasn't paying attention
>>
>>13774238

The final episode of the first cour if they had gone through with it.
>>
>>13775597
Stargate, Nadesico, Gundam SEED, Cowboy Bebop, Gundam AGE, Code Geass, Evangelion... it's like that anime you imagine as a teenager after watching a bunch of shows.

> Oh, but the characters use grunt robots while their opponents use Super Robots. They have to use strategy.

So, basically what you're describing is the later parts of MSG where Amuro has to use his skills to beat tougher enemies, just without the first part where he acquired those skills.

And the strategy basically amounts to "Inaho saves the day."
>>
>>13774238
Slaine was a semen demon
>>
>>13775135
>>13776629
These are pretty good

>>13774243
>>13775810
Holy shit this

>>13776032
Cool concept, wish there were doujinshi about it.

>>13776304
>music
You're wrong
>Inaho
You're exceptionally wrong.
>>
the resolution was stupid.
>>
>>13772654
>Urobutcher
No, it was entirely Aoki.
>>
>>13775931
>>13776047
The main problem here is that "A.Z. newfags" enjoyed AZ because it had cool designed mechs, fights that had strategy and effort put into them and also not the usual "1 uber mech vs 30 normal mechs that wins every time". Renton sat down in the nirvash and that was that. No improvement or strategy during the serie, just him killing 3 or 4 identical mechs on each fight and then every time i stronger opponente surfaced he used that shiny green shit in the middle of the cockpit of the nirvash.
What a lot of people enjoyed of that serie is that childish love story between renton and Eureka, but that s not /m/ territory. If you liked it then go to /a/.

AZ instead focused mainly on the fights, there was some romance too, but at the end of the day i was more impatient to see the final battle between inaho and slaine than seeing if inaho and the princesse got togheter in the end.
That anime was a battle of ideologies like earth vs zion not on a kid who found love in his teens and fought as consequence (renton had a mental burnout after he discovered what the Gekko state was in reality).

Really, i dont understand why people that says tha E7 was good can t admit they just liked it because of the romance. Go watch harem and ecchi anime if you want that.
>>
>>13777552
>fights that had strategy and effort put into them and also not the usual "1 uber mech vs 30 normal mechs that wins every time".
Fuck off newfag goddamn
>Renton sat down in the nirvash and that was that.
Eureka Seven wasn't about mecha, they were just there for decoration.
But if you watch literally any super robot anime (sans maybe TTGL), you'd know that every episode the monster required a different strategy.
>Really, i dont understand why people that says tha E7 was good can t admit they just liked it because of the romance. Go watch harem and ecchi anime if you want that.
Oh fuck me this is pasta, isn't it? And what about all the gorgeous mecha fight scenes (which Aldnoah didn't have any of)
>>
>>13777559

>Oh fuck me this is pasta, isn't it? And what about all the gorgeous mecha fight scenes (which Aldnoah didn't have any of)
Are you shitting me? I hope you are trolling because if you think Eureka 7 had gorgeous mecha fights then you are either 1) a full retard maximum strenghtu like not only /m/ but neither 4chan as seen before 2) obviously didn t watch nor Eureka 7 nor any other mecha anime because the battles in E7 were shit compared to anything. Even my cat vomiting would put up a better fight than any of the ones in that 50 episodes serie.

>Eureka Seven wasn't about mecha, they were just there for decoration.

You said it yourself, fuck me. What are we even talking about right now? How much more /m/ was an anime obviously not /m/ related?
E7 was shit. It wasn t about mechas and it was way too long for a pitiful storyline as the one that it wanted to portray. End of the discussion
>>
>>13777606
Bait
>>
>>13774238
El Dorito was cute and Slaine should have ditched the princesses and just given her the dick.
>>
>>13772652
I personally think it started out neat where the protagonist didn't have an overpowered mechanical monstrosity so he would have to use his resources to win. Then it went full retard after the first fight.
>>
>>13777626
Bait
>>
>>13775562
Specially on /m/.
>>
>>13775890
>Not the fucking fact that he was guned down over a forced misunderstanding

MC could have just wanted to start a fight?

>>13775890
>the gaping hole of logic missing in the backstory in the setting

The ending was even worse.
>>
It wasn't nearly as bad as /a/ and /m/ make it out to be. But it didn't deliver on its own hype or the initial premise and many took their butthurt personally.

The ending in particular went wildly misinterpreted by almost everyone who watched, which is really bad from a storytelling practice. And even with author's intent to explain away how we're supposed to understand things, I still don't think the audience is wrong to rightfully interpret the ending as asshime blindly snapping her fingers for a peace built on lies and easy scapegoating. In fact, that might have been an interesting ending and hook for a sequel if played straight, but instead we're left with Count Cuckula out of nowhere and an "everything gets better" ending for everyone except Slaine - who put in 1000x the work as the rest of the cast combined in exchange for all of the hate. It's almost like Homura, minus the consistency of character development and worldbuilding, and a cohesive supporting cast. I'd even draw far more parallels between Homura and Slaine than I would Slaine and Char - especially with the butcher involved.

The OST actually tells AZ's "story" better than the show itself. Go back and listen to the character songs if you have the stomach for content. It paints a completely different, bittersweet, even properly tragic tale. You can argue about the quality of Sawano (though as a music major most of the bitching about the ost are hilariously fucking uninformed about even basic music concepts).

All the retards who come out in threads to play armchair critic have no idea what they're talking about or how to properly analyse a story. You can't mention AZ anywhere without baiting trolls who'll drown out everything but rage.
>>
>>13780358
are you getting pretentious over a fucking cartoon with giant robots in it? My god the show was poor because they started off with an interesting premise and then devolved into boring monster of the week shenanigans which culminated in a video game level boss fight where he had all the gimmicks of the previous 3 enemies. This is not a great work of literary genius its a mediocre as shit cartoon that gets hyped to hell by some people for reasons no one really understands.
>>
>>13780374
>because they started off with an interesting premise
Stopped reading there
>>
>>13772652
It's from 2014
>>
File: 1449810025472.jpg (637KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449810025472.jpg
637KB, 960x720px
>>13780358
>music major
>defending Sawano
>>
>>13780358
>(though as a music major most of the bitching about the ost are hilariously fucking uninformed about even basic music concepts).
I love the "le moo pretending to be musically literate" meme that's been going around for the past few years.
>music major
My sides dude
>>
>>13780358
>All the retards who come out in threads to play armchair critic have no idea what they're talking about or how to properly analyse a story.
>>>/evageeks/
>>
File: stark jegan buff.jpg (1MB, 2464x3500px) Image search: [Google]
stark jegan buff.jpg
1MB, 2464x3500px
>>13780358
>The OST actually tells AZ's "story" better than the show itself. Go back and listen to the character songs if you have the stomach for content. It paints a completely different, bittersweet, even properly tragic tale. You can argue about the quality of Sawano (though as a music major most of the bitching about the ost are hilariously fucking uninformed about even basic music concepts).

Top kek.

Sawano's typical song is like.

>Kimochi desuka?
>PANZERKAMPFWAGEN
>I SAW CRIIIIIIIIIIII EEEE EYYEEEEEEE
>[Unintelligible German] sung by Cyua
>DA DUN Same orchestral drops like in Unicorn and SnK
>[Unintelligible Engrish] Sung by Cyua
>[Nonsensical English] Sung by Aimee Blacksnigger
>Chorus with all the above combined.

The only good song was Mobile Suit in Unicorn's 1st OST. The rest were just extended rehashes.
>>
>>13773886
Kotobukiya Sleipnir
>>
It was Layzner but worse
>>
>>13780358
>music major telling people how to analyze a story
>>
>>13780358
>You can argue about the quality of Sawano (though as a music major most of the bitching about the ost are hilariously fucking uninformed about even basic music concepts).
You're hilariously bad at music, it seems
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.