[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently tried to look again "Eureka 7" and ... 7 episode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 14

File: klf.jpg (50KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
klf.jpg
50KB, 600x800px
Recently tried to look again "Eureka 7" and ... 7 episode gave it up :( themselves fighting robots there are beautiful, airships are interesting, but ... this is all that is good in it - the characters (except for the crew "Izumo ") and the plot just miserable, villains and other such cliches...
>>
>>13769075

I don't know if you've considered the option, but perhaps drama-heavy shows are just not your jam.
>>
Did you watch Eureka 1~6 first or are you one of those faggots that jump to 7 straight away?
>>
OP is fucking right.
Fucking mecha fights are redundant as hell and always on those fucking surf boards. It s lika a 70s mecha anime, just 4 zaku at a time getting owned by a gundam and that s it.
Plot is absolutel shit, fuck me it s one of the worst things ever happened to humankind.
Characters and characters development are inexistent, some people start off the show crying and just do the same fucking thing till the end.
Landscape: deserts or run down cities. Nothing else.
I d sell my soul to unwatch that shit
>>
File: index.png (3KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
3KB, 224x225px
>>13770283
>Talking shit storywriter, days and shounen heart
>Talking shit on Ray and Charles
>Talking shit about anemone and gulliver.
>thinking it's like a 70's mecha anime just because of your fucking weak gundam analogy.
>>
>>13769075
It's a heavily-stylized drama featuring some mecha action, and it's also one of the most realistic coming of age stories you'll ever see in anime. If you can't get over the fact it isn't Macross or Gundam, then there's no hope for you.
>>
>>13770607
>Talking shit on Ray and Charles

Could there be a more likeable couple in any show? I want Ray to rape me
>>
>>13770283
>Fucking mecha fights are redundant as hell and always on those fucking surf boards
wow never thought I'd see someone complain about the boards
>It's like a 70s mecha anime, just 4 zaku at a time getting owned by a gundam and that s it
this is the entire mecha genre though or at least 80-90 percent of it
>Plot is absolute shit, fuck me it s one of the worst things ever happened to humankind.
it's not that bad,it has its shortcomings, but you make it seem like it's the later half of destiny
>Characters and characters development are nonexistent, some people start off the show crying and just do the same fucking thing till the end.
you might wanna rewatch and look closely again, Renton changes a lot by the end so do holland and eureka
>Landscape: deserts or run down cities.
this one is more subjective, but in my opinion I loved eureka sevens world,the weird metal forests,archetype caves, coral landscape and etc were all what made it stand out to me.
>>
File: 1438950178382.jpg (23KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1438950178382.jpg
23KB, 500x350px
>>13769075
Maybe you are faggot?
>>
File: Pilotbro.gif (2MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
Pilotbro.gif
2MB, 448x252px
>>13769081

I'm pretty sure I should have heard that one by now. Kudos anon.
>>
File: Paradise Lost.webm (420KB, 820x614px) Image search: [Google]
Paradise Lost.webm
420KB, 820x614px
I'm started watching this the other day, just finished episode 24 and I'm glad I stuck with it. Renton's stay with Ray and Charles got me teary-eyed.

I know things aren't going to end well with those two, and I'm probably going to be emotionally devastated pretty soon. I'm scared, /m/.
>>
File: Doom-Dewey.jpg (79KB, 707x546px) Image search: [Google]
Doom-Dewey.jpg
79KB, 707x546px
>>13770824

You have no idea.

The worst part, is you think the tragedy will be localized.
>>
File: raycharles.webm (596KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
raycharles.webm
596KB, 720x540px
>>13770841
God dammit I'm such a sucker for this shit. Why can't they all just live happily together.
>>
>>13770824
I'm in a similar boat, I'm watching it for the first time and I'm about halfway through. The pacing can be a lot slower than it should be at times but I'm enjoying it so far.
>>
File: J3JnPpQ.jpg (87KB, 1185x889px) Image search: [Google]
J3JnPpQ.jpg
87KB, 1185x889px
>>13770858
Best foster parents.
>>13770879
I'm with this anon. Some episodes felt kind of pointless too like the clip episode, the episode with Moondoggie, and the episode where Renton meets Will.
>>
>>13770933

A lot of E7 is meant to mix in lighter, more character driven flair.

The episode with Moondoggie was simply for fun, but the episode with Will is actually rather important to give detail into Desperation Disease. It kinda goes into the background, but you kinda need it for later.
>>
>>13770950
>but the episode with Will is actually rather important to give detail into Desperation Disease.
That's good to hear since I've been wondering for a while what the disease is exactly.
>>
>>13770824
>>13770858
>>13770933

...please don't remind me of what could have been
>>
>>13771114
We can be sad together, anon.
>>
>>13770933
Why is Ray so fucking cute jesus christ. She's aesthetic perfection.
>>
Just a reminder for the anons watching E7 to not touch the movie, manga and sequel, its not worth to become angry
>>
>>13771431
I've heard some pretty drastic things about all of them.
>>
>>13771461
Yeah, the ending we got in the anime was a actual miracle because they wanted to do something liek the manga but some nameless hero told them to make something happier
>>
>>13770811
>>13770824
>>13770841
>>13770933
LMAO G-RECO ARTSTYLE
>>
>>13771431
>movie/AO
I'm watching it on Netflix, and thankfully neither of those are on there and it wouldn't be worth the effort to download them.
>>
>>13769075
English not your first language?
>>
>>13770824
>>13770858
>>13770933
One thing I really liked about Charles was how mature he could be. He let Renton go rescue Eureka, and ultimately make himself an enemy because he knew it was something Renton cared about. More than that, he let Renton go even though it hurt because he knew what it was like to be compelled to do something. Charles needed to kill Holland, for some insane reason or another, and his death even somehow made Holland sane again. The whole arc was bizarre in the way it handled relationships.
>>
>>13772703
>"I don't care if you go back to the Gekko and tell them this information. If you wanna keep it in the corner of your heart, you're free to stay on this ship. You also have the option of running away from both sides. It's your choice. The assault date and location won't change. We will make sure to take the Gekko down at that time and place. So I want you to promise me something. If what you decide to do is based on you being honest with yourself, we'll accept it. Promise me you'll see it to the end."
>"He's our son."

This was almost too much for me to handle.
>>
File: 1451641345243.jpg (37KB, 357x293px) Image search: [Google]
1451641345243.jpg
37KB, 357x293px
>>13772755
He's easily the worst Ramba Ral, if only because of how he made me feel.
>>
>>13772703
>>13772755

There's a distinct bit of dramatic irony with Holland and Charles in the whole mix. Charles was the better man, but he was on the wrong side. He managed to pass along his message to Renton, and through a rather aggressive argument, to Holland.

For all the fuckery in AO, the most amazing little nod was seeing that Renton still carried Charles's rifle.
>>
>>13772914
>Charles was the better man,
>went out of his way to hunt down Holland and kill him
>over the fact that he couldn't kill civilians
>>
Just finished episode 28. This show sure likes to rub salt in your wounds.
>>
>>13769075
The movie and Astral Ocean are much better, go with those.
>>
>>13772989
He wasn't "out of his way," he was doing his job. Dewey hired him.
>>
>>13778786
He didn't need that job. It was for revenge. Over the fact that Holland couldn't kill civilians.
>>
>>13778981
Holland betrayed the army and stole a one of a kind robot with its on e of a kind pilot murdering a whole bunch of soldiers in the process too so in the end both were kind of shitty in that departament with Holland acting like a manchild because Eureka didn't choose him to help her
>>
File: 1324495756803.png (2KB, 203x219px) Image search: [Google]
1324495756803.png
2KB, 203x219px
>>13778779
>>
File: SenHNtN.jpg (190KB, 2749x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SenHNtN.jpg
190KB, 2749x1080px
So I just finished the series last night. My final verdict, for anyone who cares:

Cons:
>the sci-fi mysteries were all dumped on you way too quickly in the second half
>was frustrating not knowing what the characters' goals were for the first half of the show (other than Renton wants Eureka)
>could have been way more consistent about said sci-fi mysteries and concepts
>could've dropped hints and clues to alleviate said frustration in the first half, and so it doesn't come out of left field all at once in the second half
>Eureka and Renton seemed to fall in love "just because"
>
>Dewey's motivation was all over the place and felt kind of cliche ("end the world because I hate it all")

Pros:
>fucking 10/10 soundtrack
>world was visually interesting, character design even more so
>the Ray and Charles arc destroyed me (easily the series' highlight)
>real character development going on (Holland more than anyone else)
>despite it's messiness in doing so, the show manages to pull off that sense of sci-fi grandiosity
>romance was unconvincing at its core, but it still felt endearing
>Renton feels more like an actual 14 year-old kid than any other anime protagonist his age

I was totally un-invested emotionally in the final episode because of all the sci-fi silliness. The whole limit of questions thing was just needless complexity and made no sense. Too many metaphysical world-ending threats going on at once (limit of questions, scub coral fusion, etc). Should've kept it simple.

My argument sounds skewed against the show, but I liked it in the end. Is this a fair judgment?
>>
>>13780116
>Eureka and Renton seemed to fall in love "just because"
That is absolutely bullshit. Renton had love at first site because Eureka was cute, mysterious, and likely the first girl his age to pilot (a very unique) LFO.
Eureka warmed up to him because Nirvash liked him and also it's really just the only thing that happens when you put two teenagers with complementing personalities in the same vehicle for days at a time.
>Dewey's motivation was all over the place and felt kind of cliche ("end the world because I hate it all")
Dewey couldn't decide if he was Char or Gendo. It's a huge pain in the ass that he ended up being 100% right
>>
>>13780148
I guess I was just expecting a little more from Renton x Eureka. To me, they seemed to fall in love just because they happened to be around each other and the Nirvash was a convenient romantic plot device. I really don't dig the whole "love at first sight" trope. I think it's better when they have to work for it, which they did, but it just didn't kick off on the right foot IMO. Renton should've been given a better reason to love Eureka after the whole "cute girl cool robot" rush wore off.

It wasn't a bad romance, just that it could've been better. There were great moments, like when Eureka surfs out into the middle of that battle to get Renton back and they reunite in midair. Whenever they reciprocate their feelings, it seems heartfelt instead of forced, and you can understand why they want to keep going together. In that regard, Dominic and Anemone's reunion was also great. Her whole monologue made that episode.
>>
>>13780212
>Anemone and Domonic's reunion
>>
File: reunion.webm (3MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
reunion.webm
3MB, 720x540px
>>13780416
That whole episode and the one after it were great.
>>
>>13780641
TheEND is a criminally underrated bro-tier mecha. At least it died happy.
>>
>>13769075
Didn't they make a sequel to this that bombed?
>>
>>13780693
Eureka Seven: AO.

Don't know if it bombed, just that a good number of people hated it because they thought it contradicted the original series. I don't know why, I haven't seen it myself.
>>
File: cloudsurf.webm (3MB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
cloudsurf.webm
3MB, 680x510px
>>13780212
Eureka could have used more character moments like this. That whole sequence was beautiful.
>>
>>13778981

You seem to have that scene backwards. He took the job because it was Holland.

Charles needed closure there, and Ray needed it even more.

There was a bit of honor wankery in there as well.

>>13780212

The thing about Eureka and Renton is that the relationship accelerates incredibly slowly, as could be well be expected when you have an adolescent civilian mechanic trying to bridge the gap to an shell-shocked alien soldier raising the kids she orphaned.

They work out their feelings rather believably, with quite plausible missteps.

The first episodes are remarkably careful to deliver Renton's emotional state regarding Eureka: Both her design and theme are exotic, alluring and sad; Especially for the people who initially disliked Renton or the tone of the early episodes, Eureka seems to walk in from another world.

You'd be just as curious as Renton about the girl with red eyes.
>>
>>13780148
>>13780116
Fucking hell, Dewey was NOT RIGHT, he actually didn't give a fuck about anything, he wasn't just trying to destroy the Scub, he was trying to destroy the whole planet because he went insane when he was young, that is why he had that collar on both Eureka and Anemone, it case either of them tried to stop the apocalypse it would kill them and make to the world could end perfectly, the fucker was just crazy, it just so happened that Ao was so unimaginably bad that it made his insane ravings come sort of true
>>
>>13780641
Man, I can hear the music that played at that scene in my head, I wonder if theEnd was female like Nirvahs and saw Anemone as a sister or if it was male and saw her as a daughter, it was such a bro LFO
>>
>>13782980

That's true, but Dewey was an amazing villain regardless.

Also, his logic is consistent; He believed that humanity deserved a humane death and should take their "foe" to the grave with them.

The collars made sense; He wouldn't leave something that crucial to his plan to something so fragile as his own life.

>>13780718

Hi; I'm one of the quantum physics anons that railed against AO; If you want, I can tell you exactly why AO doesn't work.
>>
>>13783012
I don't think Dewey was an amazing villain, or at least I'm not understanding it. He wanted to end humanity and the Earth because he thought the scub coral "violated" the planet, right? The "kill everyone because I hate everything" villain logic has been done before, and it isn't compelling. He wasn't sympathetic at all, unless you pin his insanity on his family's fucked up sacrificial king nonsense. Maybe all that just went over my head thematically and I need to re-watch an episode or two.

All I know about AO is that is dabbles in some time travel/parallel universes, which is usually a very, very bad sign for any show.
>>
>>13781290
The music that played during this episode gave me goosebumps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cta1ThEccG8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aUSc5Oqblg
>>
>>13783150

We can start with a simple one there; There's no sacrificial king thing.

Dewey Novak is so insane, he's deluded himself into ascribing the details of the golden bough to his history.

Anemone isn't upset about him during their episode because he's despicable and intends genocide, it's because she recognizes that Dewey isn't an edgy visionary, he's absolutely off the deep end and she wouldn't be safe even if she was Ageha's darling pilot instead of the screwup.

Dewey Novak is actually and truly insane, and he hides it so well that people still think he had a point.
>>
>>13783195
What I still don't understand is why him dying with the compac drive in his chest set off that whole chain of events.
>>
>>13783362
The compac drive is used to communicate with the Scub, him dying was meant sendd them a wake up signal, Norb and Sakuya didn't die, he just became one with the Scub like Rentons father, for a insane guy he went above and beyond to make his final fuck you to everyone stick
>>
>>13783362

The compac was a very crude "detonator".

Since the Compac Drives communicate through the Coral Consciousness, it was unjammable and virtually instant. In case of his death, he wanted to force the closer of Anemone or Eureka to awaken the coral and the other to stand down. If he had at that point damaged or destroyed the control node of the Coral, this would cause an observational singularity and destroy the planet. The only reason they had any chance to stop this was because Eureka was no longer a blank slate and could actively oppose the programming.
>>
>>13783195
>Dewey Novak is actually and truly insane, and he hides it so well that people still think he had a point.

And even Holland was upset he couldn't figure out Dewey's madness. That little exchange between him and Jurgens in the end was nice.
>>
>>13783403
And Anemone managed to grow out of his orignal programing thanks to Dominic, it failed because they did what he utterly failed to do, try and actually understand someone, Dewey was so into his own insanity because of that sacrificial king bullshit he never tried to do anything else
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.