[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Attention now Strada 5!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Strada 5.png (610KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Strada 5.png
610KB, 640x480px
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=776124

So, last week someone threw a 13-episode toku from 1974 at me called "Electric Shock!! Strada 5".

Anyway, raws for it are up.
>>
>>13764788
>looks up on Wikipedia and gets nothing
>must use Japanese wikipedia
>basically JAKQ with a constellation theme
>but aired in 1974
How is this /m/- Wait
>has vehicles
Oh.
>>
>>13764985
Any toku is /m/ now, considering we regularly have Garo threads.
>>
>>13764985
tokusatsu is /m/
>>
>>13764993
Garo has supernatural machines though so it being /m/ makes sense. The Japanese wikipedia page called this a drama rather than a toku though.
>>
File: 51ZHzQpac4L.jpg (42KB, 349x500px) Image search: [Google]
51ZHzQpac4L.jpg
42KB, 349x500px
boy some guy must have really been tisming hard to think that "STRATA" in some stupid Adult Swim promo had anything to do with this
>>
>>13765001
I know it is, what gets me is
>>13765002
>The Japanese wikipedia page called this a drama rather than a toku though.
>>
>>13765017
That alien guy sure has a funky facial expression.
>Hey, what's up kids, it's another episode of Strada 5!
>>
>>13764788
I don't think I'm going to watch this one, but I'm curious whether 13-episode toku is normal for such a time. We know how long Kamen Rider and other shows of that time can run.
>>
>>13765025
I don't understand Japanese but the wiki says the following.

>『電撃!! ストラダ5』(でんげき ストラダファイブ)は、1974年4月5日から同年6月28日まで、毎週金曜日19:30 - 20:00にNETテレビ(現:テレビ朝日)系にて放送された特撮ヒーロー風アクションドラマ

A quick machine translate would indicate it is a toku. And it has the characters for tokusatsu there. 特撮
>>
>>13765002
By Wikipedias own definition anything with cheesy special effects is "Toku" by Japanese standards. (Tokusatsu literally means "Special effects show). So apparently something like Star Trek is considered Toku. Just here that most people define Toku as what is in a more strict sense "Henshin Hero", stuff with people where they get replaced with a stunt double in a more elaborate costume. And I dunno about Japan, maybe they have some sorta bias and thus don't want Garo to be called Tokusatsu and this "childish", but it completely fits the Henshin Hero mold.
>>
>>13765017
I've actually heard of this via the long-defunct Japan Hero (God bless the staff's souls). Here's a summary after a quick Wayback Machine search:

>In order to combat the Global Criminal Syndicate known as “Big Nova”, Chief Inspector Takamura of the International Police Force (Japan Branch) has formed a special “Taskforce“ of specially trained agents to neutralize “Big Nova’s” ever growing threat. Armed with the latest in high-tech weaponry and possessing various unique abilities, they are codenamed “Strada Five”.

As for the goofy-looking guy, he's actually the main villain:

>The “Big Nova” organization is a global criminal network dedicated to the acquisition of wealth and power. They are lead by the master criminal known only as Mr. Asmodeus, who hides his face behind a gruesome goblin mask with glass eyes. His calling card is a Wolf emblem with a single Roman Letter ‘A’. No one knows his true identity, not even his most trusted underlings. There are hints that he may possess various mystical and supernatural powers.
>>
>>13765075
he reminds me of one of the alternate trollfaces from the PTSD twitter gag pic
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.