[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Guld in Macross?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: Macross 7 19(DVD).png (620KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Macross 7 19(DVD).png
620KB, 640x480px
Why was Guld in Macross?
>>
>>13764467
I was about to say clones before I remembered the statement that Guld was a hybrid.
So...human genes are recessive as Hell against Zentraedi?
>>
>all zentradis look the same
You racist fuck.
>>
File: literally guld.png (506KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
literally guld.png
506KB, 640x480px
>>13764481
go deculture yourself
>>
He got better from the accident in Plus and then got a job as a truck driver.
Not everything has to be complicated.
>>
>>13764492
I know he had to make a split second decision but if he used the Pinpoint Barrier to crash into the Ghost he would probably live
>>
>>13764518
Guld couldn't have done that. The YF-21 can only use the PPB that in battroid mode. His VF's arms and legs were gone and the only way he could catch up with the Ghost is in fighter mode.
>>
What does Vividas who looks more petite nowadays doing on Al Shahal?
>>
>>13764467
It's his actor
>>
File: deculture.png (202KB, 278x310px) Image search: [Google]
deculture.png
202KB, 278x310px
>>13765475
That's actually it
>>
>>13765203
That seems like a serious design flaw
>>
>>13766682
hey, it was a prototype
>>
>>13766682
No it wasn't. Its PPB was obviously designed for close combat.

>>13772857
The VF-22 Sturmvogel II was exactly the same and its the production model.
>>
Why wouldn't a Macross character be in Macross?
>>
>>13772932
VF-22 lacks the transformable wings, lacks BDI and BDS.

TheVF-22S at least has the BDI and BDS as control sub systems.
>>
>>13772932
>No it wasn't. Its PPB was obviously designed for close combat.
Yeah, but being able to activate it in Fighter Mode, even if only for a brief moment, would be nice.
>>
>>13773668
He would have had to turn the engines off to activate it because of the reactor
Which actually would have been a smart move since he could have done Isamu's trick
>>
>>13773668
The YF-29 can activate the PPB in fighter mode.
>>
>>13773420

He really should have said Macross 7, but hey, it's 4chan after all, so lord only knows what his current mental state is.

If you need the joke explained, then it you should know that Guld is supposed to be dead at this point in the Macross timeline.

For many years too, iirc, but it's been a while since I've watched Macross.
>>
>>13773643
I was particularly referring to the PPB system which worked exactly the same way as the YF-21.
>>
>>13773753
but Guld doesn't have Human Ingenuity (tm) like Isamu so he wouldn't think to do that
>>
>>13773767
He just isnt lucky enough
>>
>>13773819
He didn't tag Luck as one of his skills.
>>
>>13773767
Don't give that "Human Ingenuity" bullshit. Max Jenius who's a better and more gifted pilot than Isamu didn't use the PPB with the VF-22 in fighter or gerwalk simply because its not designed that way.
>>
>>13773737
>>13765475
>>
>>13773827
Max lost his superpowers in 7 though
He literally fails at everything
>>
>>13773881
>He literally fails at everything
He's still the one who did what an entire fucking strike force consisting of the grunts and elite squads from the Macross 7 fleet couldn't.

He defolded close to the surface, flew through heavy defences of the enemy, take all of them down, fly into a small cave, dodge bullets, drop the nuke, and guard the nuke until it went off(And of course Gepelnitch teleported it out, but hey, we had no idea he could do that). All while he's flying the VF-22 and using the VF-mounted fold drive for the first time.
>>
>>13773881
>Max lost his superpowers in 7 though
He never had any to begin with.

>He literally fails at everything
Only his marriage.
>>
>>13773891
>>13773893

Even then, it's heavily implied him and Millia are getting back together at the end of the show. The only thing that had driven them apart had been the conflicting needs and pressures of them having the two highest but opposing jobs in the fleet (Max in the military, Millia in civil service) but they'd learned to overcome that by the end of the show and work together instead of against each other there.
>>
>>13773891
But anon if he was still a genius like in SDF Macross he would have known gepel would teleport the nuke and planned accordingly
>>
>>13775787
He's a genius as a combat pilot not a mind reader dumbass.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.