[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm getting this feeling that I'm supposed to be thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 50

File: L-O-V-E MYLENE.jpg (70KB, 1020x732px) Image search: [Google]
L-O-V-E MYLENE.jpg
70KB, 1020x732px
I'm getting this feeling that I'm supposed to be thinking Mylene is annoying for questioning Basara and should think of Basara as amazing when really I'm just sympathizing with Mylene because she's actually trying to actually do things for the band and finding Basara annoying as hell

What the fuck, she's 14? I thought she was like 17 in anime years or something

Also, I'm pretty sure Mylene is my waifu
>>
>>13755601
>she's actually trying to actually do things for the band

You mean selling out and throwing away Fire Bomber's artistic integrity?
>>
>>13755601
You sympathize her just because she is a cunt. Admit it.
>>
Basara is an annoying weirdo until you truly listen to his song.
>>
>>13755601

Nah, Basara is an insane manchild who only wants to do one thing, and that is sing, but he refuses to work with anyone else to do it. Everyone has to march to the beat of his drum or he wont do it.

If he was literally any place other than macross 7, fighting the Protodevlin, he would be a nobody. But he happens to be the exact asshole the world needs that time.
>>
>>13755742
>You mean selling out
>Getting actual gigs
>Putting in the most work
>Only voice of opposition is Basara who never explains his shit because "he works at a level you can't understand"

But yeah nah, she's selling out, sure.

>>13755799
>If he was literally any place other than macross 7, fighting the Protodevlin, he would be a nobody
I think this is what bothers me the most. This story really only allows for his bullshit because its just like that
>>
>>13755742
>planet dance
>artistic
>>
>>13755799

So he's Jim Morrison the Guitar Hero? Cause after reading an autobiography of Morrison my conclusion was that he was an absolute cunt manchild who had a talent for singing and charm that made most people over look the fact he was a cunt but who refused to work with other people for most of his life and made everyone march to his beat or they could fuck off. He was just lucky he came along at the right time socially that everything lined up to allow him to thrive despite all that.
>>
>>13755601
>I'm getting this feeling that I'm supposed to be thinking Mylene is annoying for questioning Basara and should think of Basara as amazing

No, you should be cheering for both of them.
>>
>>13755918
But I don't like Basara really
>>
>>13755841
Pretty much. There are quite a few successful musicians who are just like Basara, incredibly gifted but also completely fucked up as human beings.

Still makes Basara a cunt, mind you.
>>
>>13755941
That's okay, but they were hoping you'd like both of them.
>>
Gamlin is the galaxy's best bro and we should all cheer for MyleneXGamlin or BasaraXGamlin
>>
>>13755967
>Spoiler
>>>/y/
>>
>>13755967
Gamlin is too good for Mylene.
>>
I'm 40 episodes in, and I never really disliked Basara at any point of the show. Yeah, he seems really self-absorbed, but he's also one of the few people who stands his ground on his principles and keeps on persevering no matter how bad the odds are. On one hand you have the military guys who keep pushing for him to use his music as a weapon to help them kill the Protodeviln (everyone knows that you don't tell a musician what to do with their songs), and then you have Mylene who shifts back and forth on what she wants to do.

I guess it comes down to perspective and first impressions though. I hated Kamille almost from the outset of watching Zeta, and it caused me to hate most of the rest of the show from that point on.

>>13755601
>What the fuck, she's 14?
Every time she does something even remotely fanservice-ey on-screen, I feel like I should be put on a government watch list or sent straight to jail. Doesn't help that I'm like twice her age, but still.
>>
>>13755799
I still remember a post on here years ago that described M7 as 'Macross if Kaifun had actually been right'

Not for nothing, it's not completely off base as a reading of things.
>>
GAMLIN IS BEST BOY
>>
>>13756004

It's not completely off base, but it's a pretty shit description regardless since Kaifun was a complete hypocrite who tended to abuse people he saw as weak when he got drunk and things weren't going his way. Kaifun only preached peace when things were going his way and it made him look good. As soon as things got tough his true character showed. Which doesn't really describe Basara.
>>
>>13756000
Remember that time in Dynamite 7 when she almost got raped by an older woman?
>>
>>13756128
It's more an apt description of Kira Yamato to be honest.
>>
>>13755601
>he didn't listen to his song
>>
>>13756173
Shut up I'm listening to his song every fucking episode. It played so often, I feel like I'm being forced to memorize it
>>
>>13756175
Stop listening with your ears you moron, listen with your soul.
>>
>>13756004
Except there are differences between Basara and Kaifun, and they're notable. Basara doesn't give two shits what YOU want to do, he just wants to go out in his plane and sing his damn song. Basara also doesn't dislike the military, and he seems happy enough when they give him things like the Sound Boosters. He's a pacifist in that he doesn't like directly hurting other people, and while that does lead to some hypocrisy (that one time he blamed Mylene for getting into a situation where he had to beat guys up to save her does ring a little hypocritical), it's the way he does things. And hell, he doesn't like weapons on his VF, but he arguably doesn't need any, because the few times he needs to bust things that aren't alive up he has the Pinpoint Barrier Punch to do it, and that is both inbuilt and most likely better than any missile below reaction tier in power.
>>
>>13755918
This. And don't forget Gamlin.
>>
>>13755952

>Miles Davis.jpg
>>
>>13756023
bingo
god damn gamlin is so fucking cool, based as fuck, mad honorable, chivalrous, top ace. He's just the best. I wish there was a fucking Gamlin miniseries. Was so disappointed when the short called Top Gamlin wasnt just a frag vid set to highway to the dangerzone. I NEED MORE GAMLIN

Also is Bullet in SRW a Gamlin expy. Really feels that way
>>
>>13755601
Just you wait till people are actually getting fucking killed and Basara just keeps trying to jam out instead of opening fire when he's the best pilot they have. Based Gamlin picks up the slack but he almost gets an escape pod full of civilians killed with his bullshit. Fuck him. Then the story bends over backwards to make his crap ideology actually work out.

Songs are good at least
>>
>>13755990
this
when they tried to force the love triangle subplot i was just scratching my fucking head. Like at what point was she supposed to have fallen for Basara. Was she just naturally attracted to his alpha bad boy attitude despite Gamlin being the perfect human specimen? That shit got too real. Mylene a shit
>>
File: Warm Friendship.jpg (132KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Warm Friendship.jpg
132KB, 1440x1080px
>>13755967
>>
File: 1452462085122.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1452462085122.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>13755742
You know nothing of bands and the bullshit they have to go through with morons like Basara. People like him are usually the reason bands fall apart. He's the very reason I hate Macross 7, in spite of how much I love Holy Lonely Night.

Kindly fuck off and never speak of music again.
>>
Why you guys gotta go all Clawshrimpy on Basara and Jim Morrison?
>>
>>13756474
It's not like Basara didn't eventually become less autismo about entertaining regular people.
>>
File: 1452207848450.png (122KB, 348x421px) Image search: [Google]
1452207848450.png
122KB, 348x421px
>>13756494
Because they are retarded human beings for similar reasons.

Who the fuck is clawshrimpy and why do you use him as a verb to describe the act of not liking something?
>>
>>13756494
Basara is a gigantic autist for about half the series though
>>
>>13756506
Clawshrimpy is a guy who would derail threads to talk about TTGL and muh patriarchy. Most notable is his irrational hate for Kamina, who is generally seen as either as an unreasonably cool guy or an annoying cunt. Clawshrimpy saw him as an abuse bully who killed Simon's femininity.

Basically, I used "Clawshrimpy" as a verb to describe the act of character assassination that /m/en do to cool cats like Basara instead of just saying that they don't like him.

You fuckers did this for Lacus too. Was she an annoying cunt? Yes. Was she evil? Definitely not.
>>
>>13756518
The Evil Lacus thing is very clearly just one big joke based around how Fukuda apparently thought that last shot of Destiny looked and not like Lacus was going to start taking over the galaxy
>>
>>13756474
>Holy Lonely Night
Light, not Night.
>>
File: BANG.jpg (266KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
BANG.jpg
266KB, 800x600px
Best kiss.
>>
File: What.jpg (46KB, 776x670px) Image search: [Google]
What.jpg
46KB, 776x670px
WHY?
>>
>>13756596
Why not?
>>
>>13756532
There's also the supplementary material which slowly makes Destiny more morally ambiguous rather than Fukuda's simplistic "good vs. evil" approach. And this is done in the name of addressing the show's plot holes. Then you have the SRW guys apparently believing Kira to be the bigger shithead, so they've gone out of their way to either address his faults or completely rewrite Destiny.

Honestly, I think these things are done to spite Fukuda... not that he doesn't deserve it.
>>
>>13756596
Because you watch old analog crap instead of the remasters.
>>
>>13756454
Mylene suddenly being into Basara came out of nowhere, brought nothing of value and cheapened her character.
>>
>>13756831
I actually only just started the series proper and I'm under the impression that Mylene is tsundere for Basara.
>>
>>13756847
Too much tropes for you.
>>
>>13756869
>Something is an asspull if I observe genre trends in a genre that's especially trendy and that thing happens like I thought it would
>>
>>13756831
She stayed in the band for a reason. She wanted to make something out of it, but it was mostly because she admired Basara. Not so weird, to go from admiration to romantic interest.
>>
>>13756474

oh get off it. Without Basara there is no band. People aren't there to say Ray and his key ray
>>
File: 1448761440751.png (503KB, 649x498px) Image search: [Google]
1448761440751.png
503KB, 649x498px
>>13756978
Exactly. He is the the worst case scenario for any band; a talented lead singer that cares more about what *he* wants to do than the needs, ambitions, and passion of his peers who are putting a LOT of work (oftentimes more than he is) contributing to *his* image, supplementing *his* voice with their instrumental talent.

If you had just said that to me during practice, I would have punched you square in the face as hard as I could, and you would have deserved it entirely. Not even being edgy; it's that exact kind of selfish attitude that musicians detest. Being in a band is a costly, grueling affair only made possible by the passion everyone puts in. If the voice of the band doesn't represent the band, then there is no band, just some faggot with a nice voice and a bunch of musicians that get closer and closer to bouncing the second a less one-sided opportunity arises, assuming the faggot doesn't kill their passion for music to begin with.

I hate Macross 7 for painting that kind of person in a positive light.
>>
>>13757289
>slash gets mad at a robot cartoon.txt
>>
File: za saーn.gif (593KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
za saーn.gif
593KB, 640x360px
>>13757342
>>
>>13757289
There's plenty of "bands" that are basically revolve around one guy though who writes all the songs and typically there's a revolving door for the other spots.
>>
File: 5.jpg (28KB, 387x307px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
28KB, 387x307px
>>13757342
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-01-08-03h27m49s501.png (320KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-01-08-03h27m49s501.png
320KB, 640x480px
I think early on Basara is portrayed as a douche but he lightens up as the show goes on. I'm sure you are supposed to agree with Mylene in that fight.
>>
Well, finally finished this show. Thoughts are spoilered in respect for others who are still in the process of watching.

I was really really into it for the first half or so, but by about episode 40 it started to drag and become repetitive, and there weren't really any funny parts to break up the monotony. I still enjoyed the overall product, despite its flaws (repetitive sequences, enough stock footage to put even Wing to shame, and generally nothing meaningful happening over extended periods of time), but I feel that this is not really a show that one should marathon.

Gamlin is a fucking bro, I got genuinely sad when he fake-died when his VF-17 crashed into Gabil's fighter, that was a real bastard move to make everyone think he had actually died. I'm not even sad that he didn't get the girl in the end, but then again nobody did. I suppose that it may or may not be concluded in the subsequent movies and/or OVAs, but I'll get there when I get there.

The ending, even if it felt like it came out of nowhere, still stayed true to the message that the show was sending all the way through. Veffidas being able to generate song energy through drumming felt like an ass pull, but it wasn't a deal-breaker, and hearing Sivil and even Geppelnitch singing in the end was worth pretty much everything. Basara's song finally did reach them after everything else, and that's all you can really ask for given how long he was trying to do it.

I guess my overall verdict is that Macross 7 is pretty mediocre, but still a fun ride. It's not going to end up in my top 10 mecha shows ever by any stretch, but at the least I'd still recommend that people watch it.
>>
>>13757922
OP here. When did you start watching? I started like two days ago and am on episode 10 now
>>
>>13758065
Not him but what's taking you so long? I'm already at 7 and I started last night. I also got to finish DYRL and Plus (movie) in one seating.
>>
>>13757922
>Macross 7 - 49 (DVD 480p) (Central-anime) (NakamaSub).mkv_snapshot_24.08_[2016.01.16_19.05.41].jpg

You know the BD's out right?
>>
File: image.jpg (203KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203KB, 1024x768px
I remember first watching M7 and getting to this part, I did not expect that to happen.
>>
>>13758084
>Not him but what's taking you so long
I do other things man! Also this show is kind of repetitive
>>
Wow she just started talking.

>>13758114
It's not as repetitive a Sentai or Precure so I'm fine with it.
>>
>>13756000

This is basically my feelings. I get why people dislike Basara, it's easy to see why. But he's always resonated with me as a character.
>>
>>13756444
>Then the story bends over backwards to make his crap ideology actually work out.
>Then

They establish as soon as like episode 10 that Basara is in the right.
>>
>>13756518
>Clawshrimpy saw him as an abuse bully who killed Simon's femininity.

No, he just considered Kamina a bully because he makes Simon accept responsibility in his life.

Because Kamina reminds CS of his brother.
>>
File: pfffffft.gif (3MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
pfffffft.gif
3MB, 480x320px
>>13757342
>>
>>13757922

Really? It was the second half that I enjoyed the most because it stopped being episodic and was one continuous plotline from that point. Arguably it was that every since Sivil showed up, but there were some one-offs at that point still.
>>
>>13757922
No go watch Dynamite and see the Fire Bomber's best song, with animation that finally is good.
>>
>>13758308
Now*
>>
>>13758284
But Kamina actually loved Simon, whereas nobody loves ClawShrimpy
>>
Just a quick question. Could I skip 7 in order to watch Frontier?
>>
>>13756611
>Then you have the SRW guys apparently believing Kira to be the bigger shithead

No, that's just Z making half your team call him a lunkhead at one point because he does something really stupid and they're not in a very good mood. And it's implied that they had someone evil screwing with their heads (though it's implied that like everyone did at that point).

SRW has made Kira the good guy more times than it has Shinn, really. Both took half of Z, Kira got SC2 and K - by the way, can't forget that K made Shinn having a calm conversation with Rey and Luna be something worthy of HEAVY VILLAIN SONG TIME - Shinn sort of got L, and really no one got OE or UX - OE had no fucking plot from SEED, really, and UX was postscript and both of them are cool with each other.

>>13757342
You. You're pretty good.

>>13757922
Go watch the OVAs, the movie, and Dynamite.

Those are really, REALLY good. The OVAs are just extra episodes, but they're either funny or completely amazing (like that time Basara managed to make an ENTIRE MELTRADI FLEET ORGASM OVER HIS SONG, that will never stop being funny and amazing), the movie is also sort of another episode but it's also a really good one, and Dynamite... I don't think I've actually seen too many people that disliked Dynamite on its own, to be honest.
>>
>>13758685
Yes, but it would be dumb and you probably won't like Frontier if you don't like 7's premise.
>>
>>13758694
I thought Dynamite was kinda boring

>>13757922
I actually really enjoyed marathoning it despite the heavy stock footage and repetitiveness. I think the worst part of marathoning it is hearing planet dance like 80 times in one night and only ever the start of it. I really got into the character interactions so plowing through it was fine by me

I thought Veffidas's song energy was a pretty sweet thing to happen. The rules of generating song energy aren't really established afaik other than being really passionate about your music or some shit. Bitch was drummin every minute of every hour, when she didn't have her drum kit she was just banging on random shit with her sticks. Basara was autistic about singing for literally every occasion and he still didn't reach Veffidas levels with her drumming. If anyone shoulda had song energy it was her
>>
>>13758275
It was pretty ambiguous for a while actually. It was kind of the SDF macross situation where the singing gave them an edge rather than being the solution in and of itself. Then Gabil shows up and is just a wargod that can only be defeated by lullabys. The moment I'm talking about was before the sound boosters and sound force even being a concept at all
>>
>>13758694
>>13758694
>No, that's just Z making half your team call him a lunkhead at one point because he does something really stupid and they're not in a very good mood.
It's more that animosity built up from having to deal with the Archangel (along with being manipulated) builds up to a point where anyone who went with the Minerva, King Beal and Argama aren't fond of him until he joins your gang for reals, and even then Char has to tell your loud people to pipe down so they can tell their side of the story.

SRWZ takes a good look at the whole idea of the Archangel wanting to protect Orb from being used by the EA, meaning that he's shooting at your guys in very awkward situations.

Getting jumped by the EA/Titan/Orb alliance? Kira shoots your ship's guns so you can't blast them and shoots at everybody. He disables Heine who gets killed by the Diana Counter. Then they run away.

The battle where Todoka dies and Extended Research facility are combined into one stage, and they show up shooting at your guys. The problem is that a lot of your captains and various other important people are inside that research facility and the EA wants to have it destroyed because it'll make them look bad You have to fight to protect it, but since that means fighting Orb, Kira turns his guns on you, and that's when everyone gets pissed off.

The thing is, that even when Heine died, only Shinn was the one to say it was their fault directly. After that, the whole gang is pissed off.

There's actually a stage where Kira joins you before the whole STELLA DIES event, but of course, those events push everything past the breaking point.

Taking down those rebels as some of the most fun I had in SRW.
>>
>>13758797
No, shut up, the entire ZEUTH VS ZEUTH fight was complete fucking bullshit and only enabled by The Edel Bernel screwing with both teams' heads.

It's literally so bullshit that people IN THE FIGHT TAKING PART IN THE FIGHT DON'T WANT TO DO IT, BUT ARE STILL FIGHTING ANYWAY. Like, Amuro and Jamil both go "this is really fucking stupid and we need to stop this shit now before we get our asses murdered" but no one does until Kira is "killed" by Shinn and Banjo and Orson both come in and go "So, you do realize that this is literally 100% a setup and that there's an army currently approaching you to kill all of you, right?", at which point everyone fucks off.
>>
>>13758762

Before that, when Sivil was awakened.
>>
>>13756494

Just because Morrison made some great music doesn't mean he should be above criticism and pointing out that he was a flawed human being and actually kind of a cunt to his friends and even his family on a regular basis and basically a prima donna asshole for much of his life who couldn't accept other people's terms and had to have things his way or no way is not being Clawshrimpy. In fact, I'd say that putting Morrison on a pedastal and refusing to acknowledge his flaws because you like his music is far more like Clawshrimpy (who does the same for GGG) than criticizing him is. The same is true of Basara. Basara is a cool guy in many respects, but it's also extremely easy to see why someone would dislike him if they view him through a different lens.
>>
File: neat.png (11KB, 410x284px) Image search: [Google]
neat.png
11KB, 410x284px
>Episode 12

NOW WE'RE GETTING SOMEWHERE
>>
>>13757356
Take a wild guess why people leave.
>>
>>13760815

Take a wild guess why no-one gives a fuck? Jimi Hendrix frequently toured with a revolving band. No-one cared. Not Hendrix, not his fans and not even most of the people he had making up his band at a given time. One or two of them did get annoyed or jealous about it, but most of them were fine with it.
>>
>Ep 13
>MFW Milia still has her old valk
>>
>>13761130
Yeah, that was MFW she's still flying that thing as well.
>>
>>13761032
The fans obviously don't mind because fans almost never pay attention to what's going on in the band as long as the music's still good. Hero worship's a powerful thing to make people gloss over the faults of an artist, especially when they're not actually around to see them at their worst. It's not until later in their lives or even after their deaths that people start paying attention to the dirty laundry. Even then, most of the classical composers like Mozart were kind of shitty people too, you just almost never hear about it.

M7 gives us a much more intimate look at Basara as a human being than most people get at musicians, and it shouldn't be surprising that some people don't like what they see.
>>
>>13761130
Keep watching, Max's turn is going to come too.
>>
>>13761186
>The fans obviously don't mind because fans almost never pay attention to what's going on in the band as long as the music's still good.

Because to a fan the music is what matters. You're supposed to separate the creator from their work, otherwise I wouldn't like Ender's Game because Orson Scott Card is a twat.
>>
>>13761364
I haven't heard anyone say they dislike Basara's music, aside from the totally justified complaint that Planet Dance gets played a billion times and eventually you can get sick of it. There's a fair contingent of people who just don't like M7 because Basara the person is a shitty person to be around. I'd imagine most of those people still like his music, they just don't like Basara himself nor the show that places quite a lot of emphasis on who he is when he's not on stage.
>>
>>13761420
This seems about right.

The negative opinions on 7 are less on what the music is compared to how often it's used. And Basara being kind of a twat

Macross has this serious problem with the MCs being twats
>>
>>13761420
>>13761446

Well then I guess it's just that I like Basara.
>>
>>13761420
>I haven't heard anyone say they dislike Basara's music, aside from the totally justified complaint that Planet Dance gets played a billion times and eventually you can get sick of it.

He does have, like, one or two bad songs. Planet Dance isn't one of them, it just gets overplayed, but I remember at least one of his songs was kind of shit. They don't play that one much though.
>>
>>13761454
Is it that one slow one? COME ON PEOPLE?
>>
>>13755799
I saw a post on /a/ that said "The problem with Macross Seven is that the entire Battle Seven has to get cucked to make Basara the hero"
>>
>>13758808
If you actually read my post, you'd realize that I said that it started because everyone was being manipulated.

Don't think that because you're a tripfag means that you're an expert on SRW, alright?
>>
>>13761621
>hating My Soul For You
>>
Welp, just finished Space Whales: The OVA.

Don't think I can say much about it since it was quite short. It was a beautiful work, I liked it a lot even with its length.

Only thing that I found odd is that there was still no addressing the supposed love triangle. For something that's supposed to be a major part of Macross, it's a bit unexpected.

On to Zero then, which I have completely downloaded already, and then get started on Frontier. All this marathoning is starting to take its toll though, it took me about a week to complete Macross 7 compared to the 3 days I spent on SDF.
>>
>>13763408
>there was still no addressing the supposed love triangle

Did you watch the OVA episodes and the "movie"? One of them is about that.

That said: To be DYNAMITE.
>>
>>13763416
It wasn't concluded, from what I saw. Yeah, you have Milia trying to set everybody up, but that didn't go anywhere. Nobody ended up with anybody.

Which I'm not complaining about, mind, but for how much I hear people talking about love triangles being as integral to Macross as idol singers, it was quite muted here. Even Plus had it as a major plot point.
>>
>>13763408
>Space Whales: The OVA
Literally throwing money at the animators while disregarding writers entirely.
>>
>>13755788

his song sucks
>>
Macross 7 was awesome, the M7 Plus shorts and the movie too, but the OVA is the black sheep.

All OSTs are classics.
>>
Dynamite 7 is the purest expression of what it is to be Macross
>>
>>13763408
Macross Plus and Macross 7 were made at the same time.

Both ended in Bros before Hoes.
>>
>>13765550
How does Plus end in Bros before Hoes?
>>
>>13765578
Isamu and Guld ended their differences becoming friends again.

Their friendship was broken because they both loved the same girl.
>>
>oh yeah i kicked your ass and tried to rape her that time hahaha my bad
>>
>>13765636
2 Fast 2 Furious!
>>
>>13765636
>Also I blocked out the memories. Whoops, silly me
>>
>>13765631
Okay but that's not how Plus ended. That was just a thing that happens before the end.
>>
M7 was a weird ride for me. I go in with the mentality of Basara being the relatable hero and anybody who disagrees is going to be shown the error of their was etc etc.

But as the show goes on almost every character grows and changes in some way. Now a lot of this is due to Basara's pig-headedness as they all adjust around him and mature. By the end of it I too was just tolerating Basara as a necessity whilse I waitied for Max, Milia or Gamlin to be on screen and do something cool.
>>
All I know for sure is that Gamlin is literally the best boy on all fronts and that he should have unequivocally won the Mylenebowl
>>
>>13763430
>Nobody ended up with anybody.

Exactly.
>>
>>13763430
It's integral in the sense that it must always be there in some capacity. How it ends though, generally depends on the work.
>>
>Having the flattest pancake butt of all time as your waifu

You could do so much better even only using the macross franchise as an option
>>
File: 1_(2)14.jpg (365KB, 985x985px) Image search: [Google]
1_(2)14.jpg
365KB, 985x985px
>>13765714
WELL MAYBE THE ENTIRE SHOW SHOULD STOP PUTTING HER IN ALL THESE SEXY POSES AND OUTFITS THEN
>>
even for a 14yo she's flat as hell
>>
>>13755799
Basara would pretty much tank any understanding-based universe. Macross tech is already OP as fuck
>>
File: 69878.jpg (18KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
69878.jpg
18KB, 225x350px
So this is the best girl I'm told?
>>
File: 1229592877426.jpg (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1229592877426.jpg
75KB, 800x600px
>>13766521
Who cares about M7 girls, this cougar is where it's at.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>13766521
Nah she's Asuka to Rei
>>
File: image.jpg (175KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175KB, 480x640px
>>13766548
Max is a lucky bastard
>>
File: m13_1.jpg (92KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
m13_1.jpg
92KB, 640x480px
>>13766601
You goddamn right he is
>>
>>13766601
>mfw he was even considering divorcing this
>>
File: 1225944539071.jpg (119KB, 423x1214px) Image search: [Google]
1225944539071.jpg
119KB, 423x1214px
Man, first time coming to /m/ in two years, should I dump what I harvested back in the day? Most is from 2008.
>>
GAMLIN KICK
>>
File: 160671.jpg (39KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
160671.jpg
39KB, 225x350px
I just watched episode 19 where THE MAYOR IS HELD CAPTIVE BY TERRORISTS AND ONLY ACTION HERO LT. GAMLIN CAN STOP THEM

You guys were right, he is the best boy. Why is there even a triangle in this at all?
>>
>>13769119
Speaking of Gamlin some of us are getting vibes Mirage Jenius is a gender flipped mixed Zentradi version of Gamlin with her straight laced newbie attitude.
>>
>>13769271
Works for me.
>>
I thought things couldn't get better than episode 26 when they used the speaker missile for the first time. But then they pulled off this, and it was amazing.

I feel like I have been wasting my time all these years not watching Macross 7.
>>
>>13770433
That's my favorite episode too. The show definitely got a lot better once Sivil was introduced and started possessing people but the Lux episodes are the real high point I think. Unfortunately it will go downhill a bit from here to the end of the series.
>>
Seventh Moon is my favourite Macross op. I never skipped it when watching 7.
>>
>>13771041
I love the direction of it as much as the music, it plays in my head I've seen it so many times.
>>
>>13771041
>>13771053
The CG is actually pretty decent for the time, too. Especially City 7.
>>
>>13771053
Seriously, no other Macross op comes close to it. And I doubt Macross Delta's op will be as good.
>>
File: 358349349349.jpg (35KB, 420x412px) Image search: [Google]
358349349349.jpg
35KB, 420x412px
>>13770433
>magic song beams
This franchise is dead to me.
>>
>>13771080
SDF is one of my favourite shows ever, but 7 easily tops it.

While I like the idea of magical idles, I don't think they will be as good as Fire Bomber and sound force. F just did it lazily.
>>
>>13771090
>liking 7 and idols
You're the reason why the last good Macross was Plus. Idol shit can fuck off.
>>
>>13771103

I'll take 7, Frontier and Delta over Plus personally. Yup, I'm the problem you have with the franchise and I don't give a fuck. I'd take something that balanced it's elements as well as SDF over any of them though. Plus was mediocre and not really all that representative of Macross in my opinion.
>>
>>13771131
I like Plus but I like it as a 4 episodes OVA or as a movie. As a series there's no way it would work. It's too serious, there's barely any sense of fun and the characters just aren't marketable. The music is good, but it wouldn't sell as much as Frontier's. A lot of people don't seem to understand that Plus is the odd one, not the norm. Maybe some day we will get another OVA or movie like Plus (or heck, even Zero, but that one also had flying rocks) and I wouldn't mind.
>>
>>13771079
>no other Macross op comes close to it.
>implying the original is not literally GOAT

>>13771080
>Memecenter

>>13771103
Plus is seriously not that great. It's not like total shit but the only thing it had going for it is production values. 7 at least has an actual plot
>>
>>13771156
>A lot of people don't seem to understand that Plus is the odd one, not the norm.
Well that's really because most of these people got into Macross through Robotech and Plus was the only licensed property combining that with the 90s mentality of "Anime is dark and serious like Akira" and you can see where this (completely retarded) mindset came from
>>
File: 1431910349113.gif (3MB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
1431910349113.gif
3MB, 420x300px
>>13771182
>7 at least has an actual plot
>>
>>13771209
7 has an actual plot compared to the adventures of two assholes having murderous dick measuring contests over their high school waifu
>>
>>13771156
A series would allow for dumb shut too like beach volleyball with the boys
>>
>>13771585
>dumb shut too like beach volleyball with the boys
>implying people don't want to see this

What are you gay
>>
>>13770433
Wait until you start watching the encore episodes.
>>
Okay see this is like one of those things I was talking about. This kind of scenario, what with City 7 about to plunge into the sun, it's one of those things that literally only works because this is Macross 7 and because Basara is the main character. If anything else had the main character flying around singing while literally everybody else was going to die, it would be seen is fucking dumb but because it's Basara, it ends up being the important key to saving everybody. Twice over even. This is why I still feel lost at considering Basara a good character compared to the situation itself working themselves out.

Also, in my OP I felt like I was rooting for Mylene when the show was telling me to accept Basara but now I'm just rooting for Gamlin
>>
>>13772255
In all truth, Basara isn't a "good" character by the standard definition. You'll see loads of examples of him being unreasonably selfish before you start liking the character, and he doesn't develop all that much. But you also have to realize that the message of the show isn't "kill your enemies," and it isn't necessarily the type of show that's about the main character growing to meet the challenge that's facing him.

Rooting for Gamlin is fine. Do it while you still can.
>>
>>13772255
>>13772276
Or maybe the show is just poorly written
>>
File: 1395020720595.jpg (515KB, 1200x853px) Image search: [Google]
1395020720595.jpg
515KB, 1200x853px
>>13772255
Basara is not a good hero
Basara is not a well written character

The universe had to bend over backwards just to make him worth watching

And holy hell did it pay off

That's how I feel about Macross 7 in general. It's not particularly good or well-written, but its incredibly entertaining.
>>
>>13772292
Well it can't be that bad because Gamlin's fucking great.

The show itself seems really amazing when it's not focusing on Basara and crew

>>13772276
>But you also have to realize that the message of the show isn't "kill your enemies,"
I long since figured that out already

My thing is, as I said, Fire Bomber, they go through the same song and dance every episode (so far that I've seen) that it's an exact science
-City 7 is going through a thing
-Meanwhile Basara's shooting the shit
-Mylene complains about something but "No, you just DON'T UNDERSTAND"
-Ray goes "Maa Maa" and calms the situation down
[Interesting things with other characters happen here]
-ORE NO UTAU/HEART/SOUNDO KIKEI [Insert Planet Dance/Love Heart (You have no idea how happy I was when Remember 16 played because holy fuck a new song christ)]
-Basara saved the day again even though he really didn't do anything and Gamlin didn't get credit again!
>>
>>13772320
Oh but I do realize Basara's songs are the key to stopping the violence and healing people. I'm just saying in terms of the battles, he's not really doing anything (yet)
>>
>>13772325
>I'm just saying in terms of the battles, he's not really doing anything (yet)
All you've really seen up to this point is that his singing disrupts the Spiritia gauges, and screws with Sivil. That's going to change pretty soon.
>>
Why was Millia so much hotter in 7?
>>
>>13772665
-She was literally a MILF
-She knew how to lighten up
-Her short hair, while not as good as her long hair, gives her the feeling of an experienced woman
-Dat pantyhose
>>
>>13772665
>>13773681
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>
>>13773681
>>13772665
Don't forget this.
>>
>>13774747
>>13773694
>>13766548
>"50" year old in anime
>>
>>13774807
>"aliens" in anime
>>
>>13774807
reassembling people into giants is harder than HGH injections
>>
>>13774807
Proof that 2D is bestD
>>
>>13774807
Yes and?
>>
File: 1427304869146.jpg (151KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1427304869146.jpg
151KB, 1440x1080px
I think the point was that she was getting caught up with trying to get gigs and make it big that she didn't slow down and appreciate and enjoy playing music, which is what Basara was all about. Basara doesn't really care, he just wants to play music. But personally, I think that this is an actual intentional character flaw of Basara that he'll grow out of.

But then again, I haven't finished the series, so I may be totally wrong.

Also, yeah Mylene is cute. Not waifu cute but little sister cute.
>>
File: 1450185370264.jpg (23KB, 637x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450185370264.jpg
23KB, 637x480px
>>13774915
>But personally, I think that this is an actual intentional character flaw of Basara that he'll grow out of.
>>
>>13774915
She also has the best smug faces.
>>
>>13774915
This episode was unbelievable while tripping on acid, I highly recommend it
>>
>>13774916
You telling me he won't?

Shit, this series is going to be a doosy to get through.
>>
>>13774915
>But personally, I think that this is an actual intentional character flaw of Basara that he'll grow out of.
>>13774918
>You telling me he won't?

OP here, I literally cannot stop laughing
>>
UNIVERRRRRRRRRRSSSEEEE
>>
>>13775873
That scene was the moment where Macross 7 ascended to greatness.
>>
>>13775895
I don't know about that but this was definitely better than the last like 10 episode
>>
Basara never changes. But everything else does in his place, with no intention from him.

The thing about Basara is he has no desire to change people. He doesn't want to change the world or be something amazing. He just wants to sing to an audience. He is the first mecha mc I can think of that saves the galaxy practically unintentionally.
>>
>>13774915
>>13775023
Basara being a bit of a twat is definitely intentional, but it's a kind of twattery I can appreciate. He's a jackass "artiste" who does what he wants, things like relationships and responsibilities be damned, but being a creature of pure obstinate passion is exactly what is needed for them to overcome the Protodevilin.

To Basara's credit, he does grow slightly. The Basara of Episode 1 wouldn't have accepted the Sound Force so readily, and he does start treating Mylene better. But ultimately he's a force of nature, a mad genius, and sometimes the best thing you can do is pave the way for him and then get out of his fucking way.
>>
>>13774917
post more smug
>>
>>13777466
>>
>>13776007
>The thing about Basara is he has no desire to change people. He doesn't want to change the world or be something amazing. He just wants to sing to an audience. He is the first mecha mc I can think of that saves the galaxy practically unintentionally.
To me, the problem is that we have to basically change the laws of the universe to a point where Basara is the only one that can do it.
>>
Subtle
>>
>>13777828

You're ignoring that without the power of his ROCK, Sivil would've never saved him in the end and Gepelnitch would've "won"
>>
>>13777890
>DVD version
>>
>>13777985
Pineapple Salad was taking too long to download so I went with the one on Baka
>>
>>13777895
I'm not forgetting, that's exactly what I'm talking about.
The protodeviln are only effected by Anima Spirita, and he's the only capable source of it in the universe, and it just so happens that it's built up from singing, or "Song Energy"

We're trying to say that "oh, well he managed to touch them with his music!", but at the same time we give that kind of music the magical power to do it in the first place where ever force in the universe failed, so the metaphor is lost really.
>>
>>13778074
>The protodeviln are only effected by Anima Spirita, and he's the only capable source of it in the universe, and it just so happens that it's built up from singing, or "Song Energy"

The Protodevil harvested it from the people they captured for the longest time, Anon.
>>
I guarantee at least half the problems I had with this show would be solved if these things were part of the story much earlier on than halfway
>>
>>13778074

The Anima Spiritia isn't what makes his songs effective, being the Anima just means he has an almost inexhaustible supply of spiritia. Music affects them because of the power of song. If it was only Basara then the sound boosters wouldn't do anything for Mylene.
>>
>>13762042
It's mattman, just assume he's always talking out of his ass.

And frankly, the ZEUTH vs ZEUTH stage being about more than Shinn and Kira's hatesex session was the good part. Fuck Destiny.
>>
I felt like this needed to be a webm
>>
WAIT IS GAMLIN THE ACTUAL CENTER OF THE LOVE TRIANGLE?

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
>>
>>13780206
You know I'm seeding pineapple salad so you don't need to watch these shit dvds
>>
>>13755601
Mylene brings it on herself. Basara doesn't hide that he's THE douchey guitar playing asshole chicks fawn over, and Mylene wouldn't stick around if he actually cared about anything she said.

I actually feel bad for Basara. All he wanted to do was eat leaves, sing with space vampires and form platonic friendships with giant women.

Instead, he winds up babysitting a tsundere who's only in the band because she wants to live out a childish fantasy and fuck musicians, all because she's the daughter of two very influential people Ray relies on to not shut down his rogue Valkyrie squad.
>>
File: Flower Girl.jpg (78KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Flower Girl.jpg
78KB, 640x480px
Who is this and why is she always getting panty shots?
>>
>>13779769
All Spiritia works. Spiritia is just life force. Anima Spiritia is an infinite life force that's so pure and pleasurable to the Protodevilin that they orgasm too hard to keep fighting.

Singing produces Spiritia. It's never said exactly why, but it's implied that it's because singing makes people feel good. It conveys passion and the will to live. Basara is a creature of pure passion and whimsy, whether that's what makes him the Anima Spiritia or he's like that because he's the Anima Spiritia, who knows, but that's how it is.
>>
>>13782959
>Who is this
A running gag

>and why is she always getting panty shots?
Are you fapping yet?

>>13782904
Except you don't see any of that from Basara's point of view until like halfway through the show. At the beginning and really for most of the first quarter the show, Mylene is going around trying to get the band's name out there and Basara's like "Bitch please"

I do agree about her tsundere shtick getting more and more annoying as time went on though
>>
On a scale of 1 to SUFFERING how sad is Gigil's life?
>>
>Tfw that scene where Gamlin's gets NTRed in his dead friend's place

What the fuck was with that scene? I mean, it was hilarious, but why?
>>
File: Basara.jpg (32KB, 610x414px) Image search: [Google]
Basara.jpg
32KB, 610x414px
>>13774927
Embrace Basara's autism, anon.

Anyway, we know the true hero is Gamlin.
>>
>>13779894
It may have been retarded, but let's be honest: who didn't like fighting against the other team in the game anyway?
>>
>>13782964
Macross Chronicle sort of explains that. All lifeforms are connected to the dimension where the Protodevlin come from that it is also called the Sea of Spiritia. This is called Biological Fold Waves in Macross Delta. There are some individuals with the talent known as Space-Time Resonance Ability. They have the power to heal and stimulate growth like Basara and Sara Nome. Ranka and Sheryl are similar but they are in tune with the Vajra zero time lag frequency thanks to the V-type virus that contains Fold Quartz particles. Humans had this ability naturally but the Protoculture through gene manipulation nerfed it choosing certain bloodlines to have it as those with Space Time Resonance Ability can activate and maintain their most powerful bio weapons like the Bird Human and the eight Evil Series that wasn't taken over Yurva Arga.

What did prologue in Macross Delta say about the Walkure? They have Transdimensional voices. They have Space-Time Resonance Ability like Basara, Sheryl and Ranka who has saved humanity through crises with their songs.

Song Energy according to Macross Chronicle is a type of Fold Wave.
>>
File: remember 16.jpg (143KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
remember 16.jpg
143KB, 1024x768px
>>13786315
>>
File: Being Physica is suffering.jpg (996KB, 1440x2162px) Image search: [Google]
Being Physica is suffering.jpg
996KB, 1440x2162px
>>13786315
>>
File: 1350524144274.jpg (111KB, 500x528px) Image search: [Google]
1350524144274.jpg
111KB, 500x528px
>>13769119
It's a very lopsided triangle. The only reason it exists is because Mylene is very immature and indecisive. BITCH DON'T WHAT SHE WANTS. Gamlin is the one that actually fucking likes her despite it being an arranged relationship. Basara is so self absorbed with his music that he didn't really care about any of that, and saw Mylene merely as a member of the band.
>>
File: 1336963354569.png (146KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1336963354569.png
146KB, 500x377px
>Gigil dies

FUCKING WHY
>>
>>13770433
It's amazing how the general quality of 7 increased once they introduced the magic song beams/song ki aura thing.
>>
>>13755788
Some times I thought Basara was autistic.
>>
>>13788466
They should have done it from the start. Or maybe about 12 episodes in instead of 26.
>>
>>13788576
>They should have done it from the start.
Yes. Yes they really should. The Sound boosters should have been a thing from at least episode 13 or so, Sivil should have been a thing much earlier, there's a lot of shit that came much later in 7 than it should have
>>
WHY
>>
>>13786406
It's honestly my favorite part of the game.

If I new anything about hacking, I would make it that you fight the player versions of the units
>>
>>13778036
Pineapple Salad man here, can't really seed it at the moment, since I don't have internet, will get back to it next month.
>>
>>13790415
I'm seeding it too
>>
>>13791211
Guys I'm trying to tell you, it's too slow. What's the big deal? I'm watching the show already just fine
>>
>>13792956
It just looks a fuckload better, the dvds look like shit. You can't wait a few days for it to finish? I'm uploading at 200 kB/s.
Thread posts: 214
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.