[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.polygon.com/2016/1/12/10 754554/pacific-rim-2-may

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

File: Crimson_Typhoon_Poster.jpg (243KB, 861x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Crimson_Typhoon_Poster.jpg
243KB, 861x1280px
http://www.polygon.com/2016/1/12/10754554/pacific-rim-2-may-finally-happen-thanks-to-this-major-studio

>Crimson Typhoon mk2 will take the lead as main jaeger in pacific rim2
>Amercia's Gpsy danger mk2 is gonna get rekt within 5mins of battle
>Trump will built a kaiju wall to keep everyone out of America.
>>
>>13750868
I'm gonna avoid the obvious comment and say that I'm glad this is happening. I'm tired of not getting sequels to things I like.
>>
>>13750868
>Amercia's Gpsy danger mk2 is gonna get rekt within 5mins of battle
>>
I actually wouldn't mind this at all.
>>
Please let this happen.
>>
>>13750868

I don't see how this could be anything but a major improvement.
>>
>>13750868
Why mark 2 the failed designs instead of going for new originals?
>>
PACRIM 2 would be cool but maybe this also means adaptations of mecha properties too.
>>
>>13751055
one: not fair to rate their capabilities as "failures" after successfully killing monsters for years and then losing against an unprecedented kaiju doubleteam
two: they look cool and we didn't get to see enough
>>
>>13751055
just pulling straws on what will be comming out in a pacific rim2 movie, but I'm just sure the whatever the new American jaeger redesign would be, is going to get snuff out early... base on how china's support on the film.
>>
>tfw Diablo Intercept will never appear
Feels like shit.
>>
>>13751092
Just wait till they come up with some 4 character phrase to appease the Chinese overlords

>天火银狼
>Heavenly Fire Silver Wolf

The martial art novels does it better

>PacRim 2 will be a live action G-Gundam with Ip Man
>>
>>13751069
What mecha series does China like?
>>
>>13751176
>Wing Chun Jaegers will be a thing
>music by Kenji Kawai
Make it happen.
>>
>>13751233
Everything.
>>
>>13750868
Given the massive Chinese and Japanese audience, I'm guessing Tacit Ronin may appear as an interim unit used by the MC duo before jobbing to a new Kaiju (not to mention, Toro originally wanted to have it reappear, way back in the early PR2 plans), then the relatively intact Crimson Typhoon would be made the end-game upgrade with a reinforced head to reduce the risk of being grappled.
>>
>>13750868
https://archive.is/zg8s5
>>
>>13750868
>Polygon
Should use Archive.Today so that you stop giving them pageviews.
>>
>>13750868
It's just clickbait. If you actually read the article there's no evidence that PR2 is likely to happen.
>>
>>13750868
>this will never happen
>>
>>13751286
>Given the massive Chinese and Japanese audience

Are you joking? Pacific Rim made $14 million in Japan. In the same year, Frozen made $249 million in Japan.
>>
still waiting for Robotech, though if it's not going to have transformable jets they can fuck off
>>
>>13750868
Commies taking the lead is kinda disappointing. I guess nips would be too obvious. Which it was the Aussies they had a cool one. Or the superior Russian brand of communism.
>>
>>13750868
And kaijus will pay for it
TOP KEK
>>
>>13752163
if your literal shit can feed million acre crops, I'd take that bill on credit.
>>
>>13752144
Just because there are bigger fish out there don't make the former small.
>>
>>13752144
Mecha fans in japan seemed to like it, but Japan in general didn't care for it.

>>13752161
It's possible they'll just go the Transformers 4 route.
>>
>>13751176
>PacRim 2 will be a live action G-Gundam
Every time this is stated, my autism sends me into a fit.
>>
>>13752163
>>13750868
You forgot
>Trump is the new American lead, he pilots his mech solo against an entire army of kaiju
>>
>>13754373
And dies a brutal death in the first 5 minutes.
>>
>>13750868
>being bought out by ching-chongs

It'd be like Age of Extinction-level of heretical nonsense to satisfy the Chinese producers with fan-service that western audiences will not understand.
>>
>>13755153
I don't think mecha is ever understood by western audience
>>
inb4
>chinese product placement that you wouldn't recognize because they don't sell that shit elseware
>supposedly famous chinese actor you wouldn't recognize because you aren't a native and don't watch enough movies featuring them
>glorious motherland robot does cool shit while others BTFO you know it will happen
>silly names that sound ridiculus both in chinese and translated
>>
>>13752144
Pacific Rim made $111,940,000 in China alone.
>>
The reason why a movie like Pacific Rim does so well is simply because the Chinese want to see something different.

They've been bombarded with anti-nip and historical martial art series since childhood.

Meanwhile, Japan just scoffs it off as something they've already seen a bazillion times already.
>>
>>13755214
>and for my next post, I'll pull it right out of my ass
>>
>>13755225
i'm chink so i know
>>
>>13755227
but you aren't jap
>>
>The film made another $305 million overseas, and the largest portion of that profit came from China and Japan.

>China - $111m
>Russia - $20m
>South Korea - $18m
>Mexico - $16m
>Japan - $14m
>Australia - $7m

Fuck Japan, they dont deserve another Jaeger... Guillermo should've gone with South Korea and Mexico instead of Japan and Australia
>>
>>13755700
ROK deploys a zerg rush of hundreds of tiny jaegers
>>
>>13754249
>Japan in general didn't care for it.

No one ever sad Japan had good taste.

Remember: These people thought their own Vision of Escaflowne was shit, too.
>>
>>13750868
>polygon
bruv...
>>
File: yesand2.jpg (3KB, 114x113px) Image search: [Google]
yesand2.jpg
3KB, 114x113px
>>13750868
>>
>>13750868
>implying it won't be biomechanical suits with crazy A.I.built using the Kaiju tech
Face it, /m/. We EVA now.
>>
>>13755810
I think i remember reading something that was heavily implying that.
>>
>>13754249
>It's possible they'll just go the Transformers 4 route.
Which is?

I haven't seen one of those movies since the first one.
>>
>>13751233
Pretty much everything Japan does. Especially Gundam. They even built a knockoff 1:1 gundam statue that they had to change the appearance of in order to avoid a massive lawsuit.
>>
>>13750868
Calling it now
>1 is massive success in china
>make sequel that panders to them
>bombs exactly because of that
>>
>Polygon
Also, quit trying to make PacRim 2 happen. PacRim 2 is never going to happen.
>>
>>13755711
Daily reminder that the following shows are all beloved by Japanese audiences:
>Gundam SEED/Destiny
>Toeizinger
>To Aru Majitsu no Index/To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
>Psycho Pass
>Sword Art Online
>>
>>13755711
>These people have shitty taste
> they even hated ESCAFLOWNE

Disproved yourself mid post!
>>
>>13756499
>He doesn't like Escaflowne

Shit taste detected.
>>
>>13756351
>>Polygon
My thoughts exactly...

I mean seriously, the shit that site does makes the yellow paper press look good because they at least do some fact checking before going to print. At his previous job the current editor-in-chief of that site wrote a news article about how a guy was the CEO of a game studio had been convicted of sexually harassing a woman who had worked there, then edited the news piece to say that a woman who had worked there had ACCUSED him of sexually harassing her WITHOUT MAKING ANY NOTE THAT THE ARTICLE HAD BEEN EDITED. What this lead to was a huge torrent of death threats, threats of violence, rape, etc. to not only the CEO of the studio, his family as well. What's worse, it later came to light that the woman had made it all up to get back at the owner for firing and was made to publish a formal apology by the courts.

You'd think the now editor-in-chief of Polygon would apologize for causing so much grief for this guy and his family with his shitty writing, but he's always adamantly refused to apologize and insists that the guy is an asshole and deserved the abuse. Then to think that Intel is paying them and their parent company to run an anti online abuse campaign is just mind boggling. It's like paying Hitler to run a campaign against anti-semetism or something.
>>
>>13757230
most of us are only autistic enough to go
>sitename
but you challenge yourself to level up beyond into wall of text about shit nobody cares about
bravo
>>
So is the comic book any good
>>
It's dead, it's alive, it's dead again, it's alive again.
This wild ride cannot be good for my heart.
>>
>>13757487
welcome to following GdT projects
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.