[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Braves!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: robutt.jpg (78KB, 318x450px) Image search: [Google]
robutt.jpg
78KB, 318x450px
anyone here into the Braves?
I see no threads, so figured I would make one for anyone who wants to discuss

I recently finished GaoGaiGar, and started Brave ExKaisar, but where do find more episodes?
>>
>>13747246
nyaa, AB, etc. duh.

Whenever Braves come up, invariably most of the posters will say that either Da Garn or J-Decker is the best one. I haven't watched all of it, but from what I've seen so far, I can vouch for Da Garn being my favorite. Didn't like Fighbird much. Really great protagonist, really great mech designs, really shitty everything else. I'm fairly certain Exkaiser is the same way. I don't like stock footage finishers at all, and Braves didn't seem to start cutting down on those until well over halfway through Fighbird.

Exkaiser isn't fully subbed yet, the group that's doing it puts out an episode a week. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing Goldran fully subbed the most.
>>
>>13747435
Goldran is insane and possibly genius. The second villain, whose debut is straight up trying to murder the whole main cast at the end of a recap episode, is called SERIOUS WALZAC
>>
>>13747435
What group is subbing Exkaiser? I only see episodes 1-6 on nyaa, but that was from an older group who never finished, I think
>>
>>13747488
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJU9nuDxPTGnuX2WZriZVBg

I don't know if their subs are available anywhere else though
>>
>>13747491
They generally only put those on Mediafire, with said links being on their YT videos. Which is a bit problematic, since they did the same for Iron Leaguer.

>>13747435
>Goldran
I have to wonder whether Sasword or Silver Castle Subs will finish that first (not that I mind, since it's nice to have more than one group focus on an old show for once).
>>
I've watched Da Garn, GGG, J Decker and Might Gaine.
All fun shows never regretted watching any of them
>>
Just started watching GGG recently. The fact that Link's VA and Ebismaru's VA are in this was immediately obvious to me, and I never recognize Japanese VAs. It's somewhat distracting but nostalgic.
>>
File: pgeist.jpg (92KB, 545x1070px) Image search: [Google]
pgeist.jpg
92KB, 545x1070px
I'm watching Exkaiser as well. I really like the villians. You can't go wrong with dinosaur robots, and Ptera Geist is awesome, especially his knight-helmet head.
>>
>>13747435
>I don't like stock footage finishers at all, and Braves didn't seem to start cutting down on those until well over halfway through Fighbird.

Might Gaine has three major problems. The first is the fact that the robot "characters" aren't actual characters, they have no character to speak of, the second is the fact that the plot may as well not fucking exist until after Great Might Gaine shows up (at which point the real villain finally gets off its ass and does shit, and a lot of Maito and Joe's backstory are explored), and the third is the fact that literally ALL the combat until Joe The Ace starts getting involved (which is mercifully early, sometime in the 10s) is a bit of swordplay, Tri Bomber maybe chopping a guy once, Battle Bomber's finishing move, Guard Diver's finishing move, DORINKEN ICHIMONJI GIRI. Hell, I don't think they even knew what all of Might Gaine's weapons would end up being until, like, Episode 10 or so - that episode where they gave Might Gaine a one-time weapon to beat an MotW sticks out.

That said, some of the random MotW stuff is great - fucking Black Gaine episode still gets me, as well as some of the shit like engineer kid getting sick (leading to two pilot Great Might Gaine), the ninja girl episode, Hoi Kou Lou's ramen cart, and a few others - and three of the four villains as well as the main one are all great to watch. The fourth is... uh, entertaining, I guess, in that her schemes tend to be completely fucking off the wall shit, but she never is connected to the plot so fuck her.
>>
Part of me kind of hopes of a reboot for the first Brave series, although not too much ecchi of female characters and more of the action of possible redesign versions of Exkaiser and his combinations.
>>
>>13751430
>The fourth is... uh, entertaining, I guess, in that her schemes tend to be completely fucking off the wall shit, but she never is connected to the plot so fuck her.
I hated how her dumb robots were still super effective anyway.

That Japanese GUY doesn't have much to do with the "plot" either though.
Man, Sally is a cute character, but she's really ho-hum story-wise.
>>
>>13751430
I wasn't planning on watching Might Gaine anyway since I'm not a train person (already didn't like GGG having them for shoulders), but damn, what you just described in that first paragraph sounded like a fucking copy paste of what happens in Fighbird, with the only difference being that the show doesn't stop ending episodes with Fighbird's fucking Flame Sword finisher (which is cool maybe the first three times you see it) until episode 30 when Granbird shows up. Four of the Thunder Baron team literally don't even speak, the Guardion team is as barebones as you can get, and while Draias starts doing things early, he doesn't do things very often and is not a serious threat until episode 45 or so.
>>
>>13751430
It really is a shame that PDSG stopped subbing it like right as it started getting good.
>>
>exkaiser in srw never
>exkaiser src never
whaddafuck. I thought Japan always looked out for the original heroes.
>>
>>13751949
Bandai can't really do anything for now, since GGG is the only Brave license they can use from Takara. At least Exkaiser and Dragon Kaiser got those Masterpiece figures.

>>13751659
>>13751430
You can certainly blame Takara for many of the show's problems; they allegedly hated Da Garn having any plot, so they tried to get Brave shows to become plotless comedies and be even more shameless toy commercials. Even if his style is clearly episodic, it's a wonder Takamatsu got to do more with J-Decker overall (although Goldran mostly went full-on silly before Serious showed up).

As for the robots lacking personalities, that's pretty much a holdover from the time Yatabe directed the three first shows, since he seemed to prefer focusing on humans more.
>>
Anyone have a link to the Exkaiser ost?
>>
>>13751430
I just appreciate how Might Gaine's MotWs are exceptionally batshit in their designs. Half the time they'll have a scheme that's totally working, and then whatever they're using will transform into a robot for no reason.
>>
>>13752004
http://www.mediafire.com/?hg5jv21fcd811t5
>>
>>13752035
hahaaa mah nigga
>>
>>13751659
>Four of the Thunder Baron team literally don't even speak
Isn't Ace Baron actually the only one posessed by energy being, and the rest just drones or something like that?
I might disremember things (and can't check it now), but IIRC first episode showed only 5 "good" energy beings coming to Earth - 3 of them posessed rescue vehicles outside Amano's lab and became Guardions, only 2 actually entered the lab: one posessed Amano's android (Katori aka Fighbird), and the other one posessed another machine (Ace Baron).
>>
>>13751430
>>13751659

They do give a personality to the Might Gunner, but he comes very late.

There's also the episode where the TriBomber is almost destroyed. Although they're just generic heroic robots, their sacrifice there, and Ace no Joe treating them as "just" robots worked well with me.
>>
>>13751647
>That Japanese GUY doesn't have much to do with the "plot" either though.

Yeah, but he's also a legitimate threat most of the time, and has deadly schemes. She has things like "I WILL STEAL ALL OF THIS ONE TYPE OF FOOD!"

>>13752436
The Tribomber destruction episode was also great, yeah.
>>
>>13751748
I could see Silver Castle Subs grab it, although they pretty much just do sub files.

>>13752671
>She has things like "I WILL STEAL ALL OF THIS ONE TYPE OF FOOD!"
I blame Inoue for going loopy that time. Although again, he did do the Black Might Gaine episode.

>>13752436
>They do give a personality to the Might Gunner, but he comes very late.
Reminds me of when the same thing was done for Land Bison in Da Garn.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.