[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it NTR? also how was the backlash.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (97KB, 480x660px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 480x660px
Was it NTR? also how was the backlash.
>>
File: 1421850846490.jpg (117KB, 840x1065px) Image search: [Google]
1421850846490.jpg
117KB, 840x1065px
>>13746695
It's not really NTR if their ex is dead.

You were talking about Tharsis, right?
>>
>>13746695

They could have made a good show with depth but instead they made a shallow shit one so Japanese teenagers never have to stress their brain.
>>
Here, no one really cared. The show had become a bad meme on this board, ("stick to A/Z") long before it ended. /a/ had some pretty mad slaine fags though who cares about /a/. What I really remember most of all the shit posting about it before it aired. People saying Gundam would be surpassed by it, and a bunch of other crap because Urobutchi was somewhere in the credits.
>>
>>13746893
People care more about mecha getting cucked than fleshies, because fleshies are boring and A/Z was trash anyway.

There wasn't really any mecha NTR in A/Z the same way as in Gundam anime.
>>
>>13746725
It's cute, in a "I-I wanna be a gundam too senpai" sort of way.
>>
>>13746893
you'll hate me for this but A/Z came out right before I got into mecha and I thought it looked cool as shit. It was all the shitposting about the first episode which I had thought was cool that made me watch gundam.
>>
>>13747144
We all got to start somewhere, I can't hate you for that.
>>
>>13746695
Got enough backlash from Non-mecha-fan viewers who had this presumption that this is 1st time MC pilots a grunt mechs and "muh grim dark" , "muh urobutcher".

It had a really cool premise which got wasted thanks to creators trying to do character drama around Egg, Ass and Bat, compromising with overall plot, internal coherency and setting.

They forgot that they are getting only 12 eps at a time to do pull something good.
And they messed up with s1 ending. IT was very shocking for short term and very stupid for long term.

Gundam IBO also seems to be doing same thing with it's hime too, except it is the entire plot rather than the event to start story with.
>>
>>13746695
Asshime > Kudelia
>>
What's funny is other sites praised it highly until the last episode, shows how much mal hyping something means
>>
>>13747541
Dianna=Kihel>Aida>>>>>chuchumy poop>>>>Atra>>>Ass>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Uselessberg
>>
>>13746695

I actually liked that she ended up that prince guy at the end, though I don't think he had much of a character. It was a genuinely well-done twist.

The problem was that the show had completely overdosed on Gundam cliches at that point, and became what it was trying to avoid. I have all kinds of complaints, but my main complaint is that Inaho was ridiculously powerful - There were no deaths amongst the main cast, while the show was just begging for it - and Slaine was the lamest rival of all time. Life just shit on him unfairly.

A better ending would have been Slaine founding his own splinter faction/beaten by Inaho after Inaho fries his brain in the process, the Deucalion destroyed with all hands, and an exceptionally vicious war on the horizon.

Basically, this show chickened out. Here's an example of how it pussed out: In the final battle, Slaine takes a lucky hit and loses his ability to SEE THE FUTURE, which should make him invincible. Instead of thinking of some clever way for Inaho to beat him, he just lost his one advantage.

Seriously, the biggest twist would've been Inaho and the Princess dying in Season 1, and Season 2 being a "Oh shit, what do we do now? Amuro Ray is dead! The Gundam's in a million pieces!" carry-on from there.
>>
>>13746695
In one sided love,you signup for NTR.

Considering it never got s3,backlash must have been huge, considering they were setting stage for another season until the rushed ending.

It was too convenient for >>13746725
this beast suddenly malfunctioning in last episode.
>>
File: 1447962499162.png (38KB, 302x300px) Image search: [Google]
1447962499162.png
38KB, 302x300px
>>13747799
>It was a genuinely well-done twist.
>>
File: 1451798477051.jpg (35KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451798477051.jpg
35KB, 1280x720px
>>13747505
>>13747541
>>13747544
>>13747553
>>13747795
No matter how much you force this it'll never be true.
>>
>>13747799
>It was a genuinely well-done twist.
If A/Z taught me one thing is that most anime fans are really fucking stupid.
>>13747392
>It had a really cool premise
If you've never seen a mecha anime before, sure.
>>13747144
So what you're saying is that you're a tool like all the Urobutcher cock suckers? The same type of retards who didn't know what Cyberpunk was until they watched Psycho Pass.
>>
>>13747891
>If you've never seen a mecha anime before, sure.

Considering I am posting on an obscure board about an anime that everyone else has forgotten and moved on to other talk of the seaon like One Punch Man, that is not the case.

And I am not presenting my argument on the basis of originality , rather on the premise that this done to death setting could be fun if done right.

Which A.Z dosen't as I point out in my post had you seen it beyond a single phrase that caused you to give a knee jerk reaction reply.
>>
>>13747976
>rather on the premise that this done to death setting could be fun if done right.
That makes no sense. Its a cool premise despite being the basis for every mech anime since 0079?
>>
>NTR
People need to stop using this term like they know what it means.
>>
>>13747891
The thing you have to remember is that a lot of the people hyped for A/Z were Urobutcher fanboys and the people who think Evangelion-Code Geass-Gurden Lagann are the pinnacles of mecha anime and everything is Gundam and Gundam to them is Kira Yamato crying while ones hitting everything in his invincible plot armor protected super Gundam.
>>
>>13746725
them stupid fucking backwards feet and overized feet wings. fuck this series. learn2design better mecha
>>
>>13748047
0079 didn't have Mars
>>
>>13748047
For me,it was for a war-mecha story.
>>
>>13746695
>how was the backlash.
I remember some folks on /a/ literally wanted to murder the writer or director
>>
>>13748111

>crying while ones hitting everything in his invincible plot armor protected super Gundam.

You literally just described the entire fucking Gundam franchise.
>>
>>13752078
Here's your reply
>>
>>13746695
El Dorito was best girl, she should have gotten her happy ending.
>>
File: FIGURE-011185_10.jpg (85KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-011185_10.jpg
85KB, 800x700px
I really dig the look of the Areion, other than the odd waist wing binders.
>>
File: SlainexInaho.jpg (104KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
SlainexInaho.jpg
104KB, 736x736px
>>13746695
There's no NTR at all, SlaineXInaho was always endgame, any other pairing is just plain delusional.
>>
>>13752408
She did.

Rayet and Inko got fucked over though.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.