[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what point specifically did Sentai mecha design start to go down?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: kill me please.jpg (120KB, 800x1433px) Image search: [Google]
kill me please.jpg
120KB, 800x1433px
At what point specifically did Sentai mecha design start to go down?
>>
>>13736925
Do you mean Power Rangers megazord designs?
>>
>>13736932
No because the one in my pic isn't being adapted
>>
>>13736925
The designs in Go-Busters and Kyoryuger were good though

But Minecraft King is unexcusable
>>
>>13736938
All I see is a Megazord there. I don't know what is this "Sentai" thing you're talking about.
>>
File: 19hdedg21z2yejpg.jpg (59KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
19hdedg21z2yejpg.jpg
59KB, 640x360px
Since this innovative and original design
>>
>>13736945
What's a "Sentay"?
>>
>>13736945
Then you need to fuck off back to rangerboard or lurk more newfag.
>>
>>13737347
Calm down. That is the most obvious of bait. Just ignore it, you're reacting exactly how he wants you to.
>>
File: zyogermech.jpg (231KB, 1024x717px) Image search: [Google]
zyogermech.jpg
231KB, 1024x717px
Are we talking about the suits or the actual toys? Because sometimes a mecha can look really good on the actual show, but utter shit when applied to a toy.
>>
Seems like we bounce back between good/passable mecha and poor/awkward mecha every year nowadays.
>>
>>13737365
I like this new robot, looks old school as hell
>>
>>13737365
Yeah this looks relatively less dumb than the toy
>>
>>13737365

Yeah but that guy is literally a pixelated Engine Oh. It's two kinds of lazy. At least ToQO and Shurikenjin were original.
>>
I liked most of Ninnin's designs, so it's more hit and miss rather than a decline for me
>>
>>13736965
ToQO is the first mecha in Sentai that could be made with cylinders found at home. It's the type of mecha Coronet Films would have made if it was still around. That alone makes it notable. The infantile sex jokes are just a bonus.
>>
>>13737365
I translated what red is saying:
>Damn you, Adam Sandler!
>>
After Megaranger ended
>>
>>13737631
ONORE CAJUNMAN
>>
Hard to say. Most Sentai have pretty good mecha overall (ranging from Great to simply decent), even Ninninger. So I'd say that both ToQger and Zyuohger are just two isolated big lows in the franchise. We'd have to wait for more series to come to determine if there's a decline going on at the moment.
>>
>>13737650
Maybe the kids are into shitty robots these days
>>
>>13737640
>Implying GoGoV and Dekaranger mech aren't GOAT
>>
>>13737660
>that insane amount of detail on the GoGoV and Carranger mecha
Buster Machines would have looked so good with all that detail.
>>
>>13737660
>Implying GoGoV and Megaranger mech aren't GOAT

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>13737762
C'mon. DekaRobo looked great.
>>
>>13737762
There's nothing wrong with DekaRanger mech either
>>
>>13737777
DekaBikeRobo looks kind of eh in robot from and Super DekaRobo looks awful.
>>
>>13737631
Took me a minute, I completely erased that movie from my mind.
>>
>>13736925
Go-Onger was were stacked-up final designs were starting to get obvious.
>>
Go-On was the first real clusterfuck, Shinken was worse about it. Goseiger actually start with a form designed to look like a clusterfuck and then each new form whittled it down more and more. Gokai's not a clusterfuck but I'm not a fan of Kanzen GokaiOh. Great Go-Buster was pretty good. Dino Pope was fine, though I wish Pteragordon was involved. ToQ Rainbow is a mess of a toy but looks great as a suit. Ninnin has pretty solid mech designs overall.

Personally I get the appeal of clusterfucks. Having spare bits left over is more annoying than being able to put them all together into something.
>>
>>13737892
>Having spare bits left over is more annoying than being able to put them all together into something.
Zyuranger had both types, and both were pretty silly. I guess I should be grateful that clusterfuck designs have improved since then, but I'd be way more grateful if we got a break from 'em for a year. I miss the single-unit transforming robots.
>>
>>13737892
>Go-On was the first real clusterfuck
Have you forgotten about Ultimate DaiBouken?

>Goseiger actually start with a form designed to look like a clusterfuck and then each new form whittled it down more and more
This is blatantly wrong.

> Great Go-Buster was pretty good.
We must have different definitions of what clusterfuck means.
>>
>>13737550
What are you talking about. It looks like someone gave one of those Southwest Indian tribes access to a totem pole and told them to go wild.
>>
File: 437057291_2cbe26f985_b.jpg (532KB, 977x1024px) Image search: [Google]
437057291_2cbe26f985_b.jpg
532KB, 977x1024px
>>13737975
>Ultimate DaiBouken?
That wasn't really that huge of a clusterfuck. I mean it was 10 mechs together but it looked a lot more functional and it looked like it could actually walk. Also, unlike other clusterfucks, it wasn't the final combined robot, nor did it need to be combined higher
>>
>>13737993
If I remember correctly, the suit actor couldn't move at all in that suit.
>>
>>13738000
I said it "looked" like it could walk, as in, unlike the other ones that came later, it wasn't on treads or something. If I remember, Ultimate Daibouken got around by flying.
>>
>>13737801
Forgot the movie but there's this one movie I've seen like five times because I keep forgetting I've seen it and watch it to see why everyone thinks it's shit.
>>
>>13736925
when they had to think about fitting a person inside the suit
so it was shit from the start
>>
>>13736925
Just passing through....
What's that look like in the show?
>>
File: ToQ Rainbow.jpg (124KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ToQ Rainbow.jpg
124KB, 1366x768px
>>13739011
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.