[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like "Macross Frontier", but after watching the TV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 15

File: MacrossFrontier006.jpg (387KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MacrossFrontier006.jpg
387KB, 1600x1200px
I like "Macross Frontier", but after watching the TV is haunted by the feeling that Klang deprived of happiness.

However, for some reason, it seems to me that the Brera could be her new companion in life...

What do you think about this?
>>
>>13728947
I think you should watch the movies.
>>
File: 2.jpg (190KB, 1732x1155px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
190KB, 1732x1155px
>>13728947
>>
>>13728947
I think that I want to marry pink wingmate. They should make them playable next SRW who will inevitably have F again.
>>
>>13728979
It's old and busted. Get ready for the Delta overload.
>>
>>13728947

The three of them pretty clearly have some sort of deep-rooted camaraderie and shared experience that even a lifelong friendship with Mikhail wasn't going to approach.

A romantic intimacy? Eh, I've heard crazier theories. I'm a sucker for camaraderie (particularly stuff like Dirty Pair and You're Under Arrest) though.
>>
>>13728989

Or rather, had.
>>
>make a cool badass meltran pilot
>ruin her by turning her into a silly loli over half the time for no reason
>>
>>13729002
Oh there was a reason.
>>
>>13729002
I want sjw-kun to go away
>>
>>13729033
>Disliking a shitty character archetype means you're an SJW

>>>/v/
>>>/a/
>>>/s4s/
>>
File: 1338874792678.png (216KB, 344x315px) Image search: [Google]
1338874792678.png
216KB, 344x315px
>>13729002
>mfw enjoying both extra large and fun sized
>>
>>13729285
Me too, who doesn't want to have their cake and eat it too? You get a sexy bombshell and adorable little girl all in one package.
>>
>>13728947
Watch the fucking movies you idiot
>>
>>13729336
Except you don't get to choose the size of the sexy bombshell and loli.
>>
>>13729900
Just because she's taller than a building doesn't mean you can't snuggle with her. And do other stuff.
>>
>>13729946
I never said that you can't but it sure as hell limits your options on what you can do with her.
>>
>>13729968
That's just because you don't have enough imagination anon
>>
>>13729968
Not if you also make yourself big
>>
>>13730480
Implying you have enough imagination to fuck a 40 ft giantess with your puny dick.

>>13730568
Unless your a full blood or half Zentradi you have no dice.
>>
>>13730599

>"Not if you make yourself big"

>"Unless your a full blood or half Zentradi you have no dice."

We see Jenius macronized in DYRL. In Dynamite 7 Graham Hoyly, a Zolan, chooses to be macronized and stays macronized. Neither have a drop of Zentradi blood in them.
>>
File: 1216969.jpg (415KB, 1000x1395px) Image search: [Google]
1216969.jpg
415KB, 1000x1395px
>>13730613

Not hard to imagine DYRL "doesn't count" as a film within the series--but different examples hold up better. It seems plausible that over 50 years they may have gradually worked out the issues.
>>
File: 1052898.jpg (361KB, 766x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1052898.jpg
361KB, 766x1063px
>>
>>13728947

Isn't one of them dead by the end of Frontier TV?
>>
>>13732652

Yeah, Raramia, in the TV series. Poor girl never uttered a single line either.
>>
>>13728979
Doesn't she die?
>>
>>13733952
She lives. Red gets red shirted.

That said Nene is ginormous in full sized mode. Klan is already pretty close to Vhirtai's size. Girls have been eating their Wheaties.
>>
>>13733996
Seriously the animators just took some creative license of Klan's height in Frontier. Same goes with Emelia in 7.

http://macross2.net/m3/macrosstechman/tech-zentradiheight.html
>>
>>13729337
Eat shit you retarded faggot.
>>
>>13728947
The movies are canon.
>>
>>13734855
Actually both the TV series and movies are canon. The question now is which parts for each of them are?
>>
File: sizechart-zentradimeltrandi.jpg (465KB, 1600x898px) Image search: [Google]
sizechart-zentradimeltrandi.jpg
465KB, 1600x898px
>>13734111
Well, there is tall and small people in real life too, from 1m50 to 2m10. Nothing prevents Klan from just being born tall for a Meltrandi.

Of course, the size of the Queadluun-Rhea needs to be upped to compensate, but nothing prevents it.
>>
>>13736199
>Nothing prevents Klan from just being born tall for a Meltrandi.

That's not the point. Klan and Emilia were drawn to be far too big for Meltrandi. Even Lap Lamiz in the TV series wasn't anywhere bigger than Kamujin and she's considered leader class. Not to mention that image was based on visual comparison from SDF Macross/DYRL with Klan's visual representation in Frontier.

>Of course, the size of the Queadluun-Rhea needs to be upped to compensate, but nothing prevents it.
But it does. The Queadluun-Rhea is still around the same size as the Queadluun-Rau. If you consider Klan to be 12.5m tall then she wouldn't fit in her power armor. The most logical reason is the studio took some creative license or didn't take to consideration how much bigger Zentradi are compared to humans.
>>
>>13728947
I think that the whole Klan thing is just cheap drama for the sake of drama. We never really get into her feelings and relationship with Michel, the show is basically telling you "childhood friends", "see how obvious that she likes him", forget about all this after introducing it, then very late in the show you suddenly have a naked Klan running to Michel who's busy keeping the space bugs to vomit her muh love blablabla. Then he obviously is killed 5 minutes after that. Eh.
>>
>>13736320
She wasn't the focus of Frontier, at most an afterthought. She's also a very polarizing character, so many people wanted to see more of her (and many people hated her on sight). Her love story with Michel is badly done, but people who like her character don't care.

Like me.

The movie is a big joke, though. Her love story in the movie is even more secondary to the main plot, if such a thing is even possible.
>>
>>13736387
People caring about pointless shit is the reason we only get crap shows.
>>
File: klan_k10.jpg (36KB, 560x315px) Image search: [Google]
klan_k10.jpg
36KB, 560x315px
>>13736403
Agreed.

The number of people caring about pointless shit characters like 'space AIDS bitch' Nome or 'Moe blob-tron-alien-space-mahou-shoujo' Lee is truly staggering. They are the reason why we have now idols everywhere in Delta.
>>
>>13734111
>Seriously the animators just took some creative license of Klan's height in Frontier. Same goes with Emelia in 7.
>>13736228
>That's not the point. Klan and Emilia were drawn to be far too big for Meltrandi. Even Lap Lamiz in the TV series wasn't anywhere bigger than Kamujin and she's considered leader class

She is big for a Meltrandi, but not impossibly so. We know there are much bigger of the male members of the species, so genetically it isn't too far out. For all we know she might have been a pure blood offspring of a Zentradi-Meltrandi union, and her father gave her the taller genes. The Meltran of the original pre-war stock are likely just shorter and stayed that way this long due to cloning.
>>
>>13736228
>But it does. The Queadluun-Rhea is still around the same size as the Queadluun-Rau. If you consider Klan to be 12.5m tall then she wouldn't fit in her power armor.
But that argument doesn't make sense. Meltran and Zentradi don't HAVE fixed heights. It is an abnormality of their species due to lack of reproduction that they vary so much in size. So in reality there could not BE a "standard size Queadluun-Rhea". Each of these things must be tailored to the size of the user. It's just that there had to be a standard size for animation or toy manufacture.
>>
>>13736414
>Implying it is a bad thing
>>
>>13736421
>The Meltran of the original pre-war stock are likely just shorter and stayed that way this long due to cloning.
There's no proof of that and neither was that ever stated in any Macross series. If that were the case then why does Emelia a half-human/zentradi appear like she's at least 10 times the size of a human.

>>13736427
>But that argument doesn't make sense.
Did you even been read my explanation at all? The reason why have varying sizes is to classify the common soldiers from their leaders.

It is an abnormality of their species due to lack of reproduction that they vary so much in size.
Citation needed. Nothing in the Macross series ever stated this.

>Each of these things must be tailored to the size of the user. It's just that there had to be a standard size for animation or toy manufacture.
Bullshit. Like I said if you use Klan's "perceived height" then she would never fit in her Queadluun-Rhea which has been consistent in its size throughout Frontier. Macross isn't really known to design tailor-made mecha unless its for a specific purpose (or the pilot is a special snowflake) like in the case of Basara and Soundforce. Klan is just your standard Meltrandi pilot.
>>
>>13728947
...what
>>
>>13736989
Its not a mech. Its power armor. That has to fit the pilot. There is no standard size, but there are probably multiple different sizes.
>>
>>13736387
That's for sure!

I would like to see, at least, OVA with her as the main character
>>
>>13737011
I know its power armor. But its still designed to be mass-produced for thousands if not millions of Zentradi soldiers. It wouldn't be practical nor resource-effective to make variable sizes much less tailor-made ones for each Zentradi. Like I said the size of the Queadluun-Rhea was consistent throughout Frontier. Its roughly the same size as its predecessor the Queadluun-Rau and hardly much bigger than the VF-25 in battroid by comparison.
>>
>>13737100
You're still going to need S/M/L sized everything regardless.
>>
>>13729033

>people complain about Delta for it's inclusion of girls, lolis, and idols
>but now if you complain about lolis, you are a SJW

WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON WITH THIS WEBSITE ANYMORE
>>
>>13737108
>You're still going to need S/M/L sized everything regardless.
Mass-produced power armor aren't designed like clothes especially if they're 17m tall. If you want to produce war machines like that they have to be of a standard size that majority of the Zentradi race can use. And I repeat the Queadluun-Rhea's size has been consistent throughout its appearance ergo Klan is not likely to be as tall as she's drawn to be.
>>
So who is the best meltran

Hard mode: no Jenius girls
>>
>>13737157
And the soldiers are not. Does the suit actively shapeshift or are you telling me they force millions of soldiers to wear wrong sized boots and fuck up their feet?
>>
>>13737143
>now
It's been that way for a while. You going caps lock doesn't help you hide yourself either, newfag. Learn to lurk more.
>>
>>13737175

Oh I am sorry, expected this shit outta /v/ and /pol/ for the last 3 years, guess my standards for /m/ were a little high.
>>
>>13737171
>Does the suit actively shapeshift or are you telling me they force millions of soldiers to wear wrong sized boots and fuck up their feet?
Again you are making that crazy comparison with clothing. The standard size already is big enough for most Zentradi even to some leader class types like Kamujin and Lap Lamiz. And who's to say the suit can't make small adjustments for those who are small enough to fit inside? And you completely dismissing my point that the Queadluun-Rhea even Klan's has been consistent in size. That is the basis that Klan's perceived size in the anime was either an oversight or taking creative license by the animators.
>>
Regarding the Power Armor, it's not that hard.

Only thing that is fixed size out the box is the Backpack/Powerplant.

Other parts, like the leg armor, can have several sizes to them. Most Colony ships should be able to manufacture those.

The rest is padding, to make the wearer comfortable and to try and 'mold' the parts as close to fitting as necessary.
>>
>>13737053
Abandon all hope. You will never get it.
>>
File: 917770.jpg (232KB, 850x797px) Image search: [Google]
917770.jpg
232KB, 850x797px
>>13737416

Yeah, not how the series works. Even the main characters aren't going to get an additional OVA, much less a secondary like Klan Klang who got squeezed out of the movies almost entirely.

At least there's nice art of her.
>>
How much weight can Klan Klein lift? Realistically, canonically speaking?
>>
>>13736199
>Tallest when full-sized
>Smallest when micronised
POTTERY
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.