[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people call GaoGaiGar "hard sci-fi?" It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 12

Why do people call GaoGaiGar "hard sci-fi?" It's a superhero show but with mecha superheroes, like most super robot anime.
>>
Nobody has ever called GaoGaiGar hard sci-fi.

What it does do that's unusual is it puts a heavy emphasis on technobabble and the efforts of the support crew to provide a solution to the problem of the week that's based in logical thinking and teamwork. It is not the only super robot show to do this, but it's a pretty good example of how it should be done.

Y'know, except FINAL, where fuck thinking we have to yell more about courage to blow ourselves up harder.
>>
>>13728065
HIIIKKAAARRREEEE NNIIIIIIIIII
NNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>13728065
I never liked Final myself. they had to ass-pull a victory because they made the enemies too overpowered.
>>
>>13728056
Why do people call any mecha "hard sci-fi"? I've not seen VOTOMS but I doubt even it can claim to be remotely realistic.
>>
File: 1349985311653.png (685KB, 800x586px) Image search: [Google]
1349985311653.png
685KB, 800x586px
>>13728056
because of pic related
>>
>>13728085
VOTOMS is pretty hard sci-fi. It's got more in common with Arthur C Clarke than Gundan.
Combat in VOTOMS is really fast-paced, and one wrong move is death. The mecha are pretty realistic in that we've basically almost reproduced the Scopedog 1:1.
>>
>>13728056
No one calls it this seriously, and 99% of /m/ doesn't know what "hard sci-fi" means to begin with, so you shouldn't even pay attention to those that do actually call it that.

>>13728102
What does any of that have to do with hard sci-fi?
>>
>>13728087
Is that what he looks like? Jesus christ
>>
>hard SF
>moving pictures
yeah no
>>
>>13728147
>what does realism and emphasis on science have to do with hard sci-fi
Right
>>
>>13728150
Do you want to hear what he sounds like?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCpTyXCOFDE
>>
File: camile.png (163KB, 604x421px) Image search: [Google]
camile.png
163KB, 604x421px
>>13728177
Jesus
>>
>>13728065
>the efforts of the support crew to provide a solution to the problem of the week that's based in logical thinking and teamwork

If GGG did anything like this, it'd be fine.

But it didn't. Most of the solutions involve using the new toy introduced at the beginning of the episode to beat the Zonder of the Week because the new toy just so happens to conveniently counter the Zonder's gimmick.
>>
>>13728087
>>13728177
Jesus Yamato how horrifying.
>>
>>13728174
>emphasis on science
>VOTOMS
Where? When does anything science related get explained in VOTOMS?
>>
File: 1423935234166.jpg (59KB, 456x586px) Image search: [Google]
1423935234166.jpg
59KB, 456x586px
>>13728177
>October 5th

It's fresh.
>>
>>13728194
>most
You mean ten out of fifty, right? I'll even list them because they're so few:

>Dividing Driver gets used to stop collateral damage from I think EI-05 onwards and then gets used for a billion other things
>HyoRyu and EnRyu help stop EI-06
>ChoRyuJin's Eraser Head stops Gai from killing himself against EI-07 and then gets used for a billion other things
>Volfogg helps beat EI-12
>Dimension Pliers get used to escape EI-17's fruit roll-up space
>Goldion Hammer breaks EI-18's sun barrier thing and then gets used for a billion other things
>Goldymarg's the only one who can move against EI-20
>Mic beats EI-23/24 with rock and roll

And then that's it except for the Gatling Driver and GeikRyuJin's intros that I'm not going to waste even more time looking up. That's eight out of the first twenty-four episodes are pushing the new toy of the week, which is a pretty fucking low ratio if you've watched any Kamen Rider in the last seven years.
>>
>>13728254
Hell, can you even say that for Volfogg? He'd been showing up for a while before that IIRC. Gunglue and Gundober definitely both showed up before their debut episode as robots as well.
>>
>>13728261
Gunglue and Gundober made their debuts in the same episode as Big Volfogg (which is all they're worth) against that Zaku looking Zonder.
>>
>>13728174
>what does realism have to do with hard sci-fi
Nothing.
>what does emphasis on science have to do with hard sci-fi
What does an emphasis on science have to do with VOTOMs?
>>
>>13728361
They get used as vehicles since all the way back in the first episode, Zaku Zonder is just the first time they appear in robot mode.
>>
>>13728254
GGG follows something of a formula where the new toy is the solution to its introduction episode, and then features prominently in the next episode or two until it's time for another toy to be introduced. But they still show up regularly. The sheer number of new gadgets and their constant introduction separates GGG from a lot of other MotW shows where, unless it's a finisher, the gimmick is all but abandoned after its introduction and only dragged 'round again to remind kids that there's something to pester mom and dad about.
>>
>>13728392
The exception is the Pliers, which are basically never used again after that one time because they're so specific. Dividing Driver, Eraser Head and Goldion Hammer get used for various tasks constantly, even outside Goldion Hammer's use as a finisher. The show's very consistent about remembering that they have a tool that can deal with problem X and actually using it instead of coming up with some one-off solution that never comes back.
>>
>>13728406
Even then, a lot of that is partially because those gadgets were conceptually integrated into another facet of the show.
The Eraser Head gets glued to ChoRyuJin's hip whenever ChoRyuJin is being useless. Dividing Driver may as well be a part of Heaven and Hell, and the Pencil Launchers (implying anybody remembers those or even gives a fuck) were given to HyoRyu and EnRyu to make them seem less useless.
>>
>>13728361
Except they showed up earlier. They're the helicopter and motorcycle 3G used in the early parts of the show.

>>13728406
The Pliers do get used once or twice when they need to fuck with dimensions, like against that weird shark Zondar, but in the second half they're unused because the Gatling Driver sort of does most of their job for them - or, hell, the single use of the Double Head Driver. And even then they're not forgotten about because they just get remodeled into something more useful.

>>13728392
>The sheer number of new gadgets and their constant introduction separates GGG from a lot of other MotW shows

OLD MotW shows. Modern ones... well, there's sure as hell a lot of people that use it now. Can't even really blame that on Gaogaigar though, it wasn't the only thing to pioneer that.

>>13728434
>the Pencil Launchers

The Pencil Launchers are an odd duck because they're only used like three times, and they're never the solution to the episode, they only solve minor problems.
>>
>>13728434
Eraserhead was the thing that erased explosions and pencil launchers were a beam weapon right?
>>
>>13728056
that has literally never happened, not once in human history. fuck off
>>
>>13728462
The Pencil Launchers were a beam weapon, a weird sludge thingy, and a net launcher. Might have had another use, I dunno, they're so minor it's easy to forget about them.

Eraser Head was the explosion killing device though. Although, didn't they use it on the rail cannon Zondar to slow down the projectile it shot? I know they used the Dividing Driver to do that, and that was cool.
>>
>>13728468
>Eraser Head was the explosion killing device though.
Eraser head was an energy absorption device in general. We see it stall Repli-GGG's Hell and Heaven but it gets over powered.
>>
File: triggered.gif (1MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.gif
1MB, 371x209px
>>13728177

I'm fucking dying
>>
File: Shit Man I Don't Know.png (377KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Shit Man I Don't Know.png
377KB, 640x480px
>>13728087
>>13728177
I don't know what I expected
I never really expected anything
But fucking hell
>>
>>13728467

Sadly, it has. Clawshrimpy insists, as in still does to this day, that GaoGaiGar is hard science fiction that deserves to be on the same level of recognition as Asimov and other classic sci-fi authors. This is partially because he is obsessed with the show to an unhealthy degree, but also partially because he has no idea what sci-fi actually does since he finds reading for any length of time hard and generally doesn't do it and so has never actually tried any real sci-fi.

Hell, for years he was insisting that GaoGaiGar was an example of a work with heavy post-human themes because Guy was a cyborg. It took literally years to get him to concede that he was misapplying the word since he had no actual idea what it meant having never looked it up and only using what he thought it meant after seeing it around occasionally.
>>
>>13728940
>implying crawshit is human
>>
>>13728468

Which were the little robot tools that went around building stuff? I vaguely recall them being based off like chisels and hammers or something and thinking they were cool as fuck when they were introduced, but only seeing them once or twice. Man, I really need to re-watch GGG now that the blurays are out. Haven't seen it in years.
>>
>>13728056
>superhero show but with mecha superheroes
That is sci-fi though.
>>
>>13728985
Not necessarily hard sci-fi though. I don't know the complete difference between hard and regular sci-fi though, and something tells me I don't want to know
>>
>>13729003
It's like super and real.
>>
>>13729012
So arbitrary definitions that flimflam all the time and that nobody can ever make even a halfway decent agreement on? Good to know, I guess.
>>
>>13729021
Exactly.
>>
>>13728951
The Dimension Pliers were made out of three little widget robots. Since they almost never used the Pliers, they later built about a hundred of them repurposed as the Carpenters, which are for dealing with collateral damage by running around and fixing everything.
>>
>>13729003
>>13729003
Super vs Real can't be described in terms that /m/ will understand. Either you get it or you don't. Anyone who tries to quantify them or come up with a laundry list of what qualities makes a show / mech one or the other is wasting their time and completely missing the point.

Hard sci-fi is easily explained: it goes out of its way to describe, in SELF-CONSISTENT and scientific terms, the functionality of its technology.

Way too many people make the mistake of confusing this with being "scientifically accurate". That is not the case. There is more hard sci-fi than not which utilizes technologies and physics that are completely at odds with what we know to be true now. You can absolutely have FTL and other physics-defying shit in your hard sci-fi. The key difference between hard and any other sci-fi featuring these is that there will be pages of technical specifications of this stuff, universe background on how it came to be, concrete rules as to its functioning, and so on. It's not to be confused with technobabble like you see in Star Trek, because slapping some particle names into the conversation is a handwave, not a technical write-up.

There is a requirement of dry, nerdy world building in hard sci-fi. Just saying "someone invented FTL communication" or "yeah there's this thing called an ansible and it uses quantum tunneling" is not enough.

VOTOMs does not go into the specifics of its technologies in-show, and even artbooks and the RPG barely touch on things like polymer ringer solution or jijirium. Not hard sci-fi. UC Gundam is harder (but not hard) for its source material descriptions of Minovsky particles, but they are not consistently or realistically applied in the shows ("realistic" being relative to the universe).
>>
>>13729059
>Super vs Real can't be described in terms that /m/ will understand.
Shit and super shit. Are you new?
>>
>>13729059
>There is more hard sci-fi than not which utilizes technologies and physics that are completely at odds with what we know to be true now.
To clarify, the aberrant physics in hard sci-fi that allow for this stuff is TRUE IN THAT UNIVERSE and described in a technical and scientific way that you could conceivably believe that perhaps we, in the real world, might have it wrong and there is more to physics than we understand.

There's hard sci-fi featuring consumer-grade spaceships that can fly through stars no problem. You can buy one on a middle class salary and drive your transparent space van straight through and not even worry. Hard sci-fi very much does not mean low tech or realworld-realistic.
>>
>>13729059
>Super vs Real can't be described in terms that /m/ will understand.
Is it dodgy or tanky in SRW?
>>
>>13728082

The problem with Final was that it missed the point of GGG entirely in order to seem cool and mature. so they have death, and bee rape and fan service and violence and forced MANLY TEARS heroic sacrifice that makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>13729042

That was them. I thought they were really fun looking and always wished they'd have shown up a bit more since I thought the show could have made some good humor out of them if nothing else.
>>
>>13728177
kill me
>>
>>13729106
I still think that Takahashi no longer being around as a producer had a part in this. Without anyone holding him back, Yonetani went full-on SUFFERING and FIGHT THE POWER.
>>
>>13729106
They could pull a "heroic sacrifice, final mission" kinda thing just fine with GGG, but FINAL ultimately fucking did it really poorly with the awful pacing and the criminal lack of decent characters with any sentimental worth.
Am I really supposed to care for Papillon's death or Entouji's loss even though both have the depth of a puddle after a light misting and even less personality? Same with the Super-AI sacrifice montage in the last episode. How am I supposed to give a rat's ass about these underdeveloped and frankly annoying and even downright unlikable characters?
>>
Now when you say "People" OP are you sure you don't mean "Clawshrimpy"?
>>
>>13729082
>Jeeg is a real robot
>>
>>13729346
Why not? Getter is a real robot.
>>
>>13729378
Getter dodges? I don't think I'm playing this right then.
>>
>>13729294
>How am I supposed to give a rat's ass about these underdeveloped and frankly annoying and even downright unlikable characters?
This is one of the big problem with GGG. They don't really bother developing or expanding any character except Mamoru. The MOTW doesn't focus on the characters at all, they're just problems of the week that occasionally show off a new toy without any character drama to get you invested in what's happening
>>
>>13729610
not the anon you quoted but at least during my srw W run, he's been the most dodge-happy out of my team, aside the tekkamen; and that's not counting that he can open get during enemy attacks with 100% success, and while he's the most op motherfucker, he's the one with that can get into red numbers quickly.

this could be a moot point since he, along with GGG and mazinger were my picks for the favourite series system, so he can be a little more overpowered compared to other people's runs and choices
>>
>>13728056
>Why do people call GaoGaiGar "hard sci-fi?"
People don't, shrimps do.
End of thread.
>>
>>13729658
i'm still don't know why entouji cried when volfogg "died" while fighting penchinon, i asked this once and somebody answered me that his AI was based on his father, but wasn't volfogg's AI built from scratch like enryu or hyoryu, just that it was in secrecy?
>>
>>13728085
Votoms isn't hard sci-fi, but it's one of the most real robot anime to exist since the pilot never has a dedicated machine and the ATs themselves look hyper-military.
>>
>>13730485
I heard something similar, that Volfogg's AI came from a secret agent that once saved Entouji's life.
>>
>>13730485
>but wasn't volfogg's AI built from scratch like enryu or hyoryu, just that it was in secrecy?
All of their AIs are based on real people. Enryu and Hyoryu were based on Taiga and Hyuuma IIRC.
>>
>>13729658
Welcome to the Brave series in general. You should honestly be grateful that you got even that if that was what you were wanting out of GGG. Even with how dramatically the show treats almost every event, the show at its core is still just a 70s style, mostly plotless MoTW show intended to be simple enough for a five year old to understand.

One of the things I do enjoy about GGG, come to think of it, is that if you still have an appreciation of it, it is because you have the exact same viewpoint on it a five year old would because growing older doesn't help you comprehend anything any better. The show uses a lot of technobabble that you can't understand when you're young because you don't understand what the words mean. And then when you're older, you still don't understand it because it's nonsense. You either enjoy the show the same way a child does or you don't enjoy the show, that's the way Brave rolls. Except for Da Garn and J-Decker apparently, but I still have to finish those.
>>
>>13730485
I just thought it was because they were close. Volfogg seemed to work with Entouji almost exclusively when he wasn't by himself or with Mammoru.
>>
>>13730518
>technobabble
>ever making sense
>techo
>babble
You just wrote the most retarded post currently on this board
>>
>>13729610
Switch to Getter 2 for grunts and Getter 1 for bosses dumbass. Getter 3 is for maps with water and literally nothing else.

>>13730485
Volfogg's AI was based on a programmer friend of his who was wounded by Bionet. They used the same personality transfer thing they did on Hyuma to create Goldymarg, but the process is hugely physically demanding and his friend didn't survive it. Swan's brother went through the same process to create Mic's AI and it left him hospitalized for a week, Hyuma just shrugs it off cause he's a badass.

They built him and trained the AI in secret because Volfogg's a ninja of course, but he does have the same basic thought patterns and personality of his human friend, so it was like losing his friend, again. Renee from FINAL had a similar partner unit who went through the exact same thing, except his robot form died for real. Almost none of thismaterial is actually explained in the TV series or FINAL and only gets elaborated on in audio dramas which are all canon with the show.
>>
>>13729610
In a lot of games, it's more sane to build Getter to dodge than it is to tank, especially since the gruntbuster form is in every game not named Neo or MX always going to be either 1 (which is rarely particularly great at either) or 2 (which is a dodge machine in full).

>>13730485
Audio drama thing. Most of the male members of 3G were at one point a part of a superhero team - Taiga's shtick was golf, if you're curious - and eventually formed into the organization that is 3G. One of their members became an intelligence officer, and Entouji was his good friend. He died before the series started, but they did some sort of backup thing (IIRC it worked sort of like how Hyuuma put his mind into Goldimarg) and so Volfogg has his thought processes. I think. I don't 100% remember, but that's why they're friends.
>>
>>13729610
None of the forms can tank hits particularly well, not even 3. Of course, all the forms but 2 also have mediocre mobility, so they can't do either too well until you get things like Mach Special and Open-Get going. The general strategy in SRW is as >>13730550 says, so I guess it would technically be hybrid type
>>
>>13730514
Nah, they were the only AIs brought up and reared from infancy, and not copied outright froma human brain. Hyuma only lent his brain patterns to Goldymarg, Taiga never went through with the process. The TV show actually depicts their birth in their debut episode. The Chinese Ryu brothers are just carbon copies of them, along with Piggy they're the only free range AI robots.
>>
>>13730550
Speaking of Renee, that reminds me - that manga where it elaborates on the creation of Gaofighgar was pretty damn cool.

(And I don't have it on my computer anymore, does anyone happen to have the download link to it?)

>>13730561
>The Chinese Ryu brothers are just carbon copies of them

Except they were raised differently.

What are the French AIs based on?
>>
>>13730514
enryu and hyoryu were built from scratch, the first episodes when they appeared showed that they were in a hangar for months developing and "growing" until they put them into their robot bodies.
and hyuuma's brain patterns were used for goldymarg's AI.

>>13730510
i wonder if there's any info in those drama cd-.
>>13730550
i knew it! that this shit was developed there, thanks for clarify, anon
>Renee from FINAL had a similar partner unit who went through the exact same thing, except his robot form died for real
is the red robot that appears in those flashbacks during the ending sequences right?
seirously, i think FINAL needed more episodes (maybe six more), that "war" against bionet sound cool as fuck and could've worked as the first half, that way they could've developed renais and the new twins better, as well as showing gaofighgar more, and then they could end that first half/start the second one with repligaogaigar's fight
>>
>>13730580
>i think FINAL needed more episodes (maybe six more)

Good news, it got that, Grand Glorious Gathering was like 5 episodes more.

Bad news - it's the OVA turned into a 13 episode show with flashbacks and the occasional Betterman reference shoved in.
>>
>>13730595
havin a chuckle m8?
at least we got best version of yuusha ou tanjou with that
>>
>>13729059
'Hard' sci-fi is a continuum though. At one end is 'everything gets explained', at the other is 'stuff happens don't worry about it'.

GGG has some light hard-scifi elements, such as having a set of technologies that can applied for certain effects (mirror coating, different uses of spatial distortions, the various anti-zonder effects the G stones have, etc), showing some detail of how the combinations actually work mechanically, showing how de-combination works, the stat screens shown around the commercial break... Its not exactly high on the hardness scale, but its easily the hardest Braves show, and it rates pretty well against most /m/ shows (which sadly isn't saying much since even most real robot shows barely explain anything).
>>
>>13730580
>is the red robot that appears in those flashbacks during the ending sequences right?
>seirously, i think FINAL needed more episodes (maybe six more), that "war" against bionet sound cool as fuck and could've worked as the first half, that way they could've developed renais and the new twins better, as well as showing gaofighgar more, and then they could end that first half/start the second one with repligaogaigar's fight
FINAL was about closing the book on the trinity solar system or whatever it's called. Bionet was just a minor thing to introduce some new characters.

I wish they would make a sequel already. GGG ended on such a sour note.
>>
>>13730618
Project Z would have probably gone the same route as FINAL.

Then again, wasn't Project Z recycled into a different show?
>>
>>13729059
>completely missing the point
What is the point in your opinion anon? Is it just a feeling you get, or what? It's always fun to see peoples stance on this topic, if they even bother to have one in the first place, which is probably the smartest thing to do.
>>
>>13730621
Bits of it got shoved off a million different ways, but recognizable pieces of the development showed up in what little we got of Baan Gaan and (more notably) Dendoh.
>>
>>13730580
There's a manga that has some more story with Bionet, although its mostly focused on the loli who invents the program rings that let Gaofighgar form.

The FINAL op has one scene from it (where GFG magnums a hole through the walls of Bionet's flying base thing) so I guess its canon?
>>
>>13730627
Never heard of Baan Gaan. Looks pretty cool.

Is there some sort of synopsis on its plot or relevance in Brave Saga?
>>
>>13728177
Westeners can't into phonetic language.
>>
>>13730627
Ugh, but Dendoh is so dry and boring.
>>
>>13730655
Brave Saga is its plot.

Baan Gaan is sad tale - it's the Brave they made after the Brave franchise as a whole was truly dead. (And before someone says "but they came up with it beforehand!", no, next Brave series was going to be Photogrizer, and as far as I know we never got anything from that.)

>>13730669
Hey, fuck you, Vega is best /m/om.
>>
>>13730579
>Speaking of Renee, that reminds me - that manga where it elaborates on the creation of Gaofighgar was pretty damn cool.
>(And I don't have it on my computer anymore, does anyone happen to have the download link to it?)
this gaogaigar discussion made try to find the files on my pc and i found them, along with the url of the translator
thank fuck his download links are still alive
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mztm0jytjgy/GaoGaiGar+FINAL-+Evoluder+Guy+Acts+1-5+%5Beng%5D.zip
>>
>>13730716
Thank you, kind /m/an.
>>
>>13730595
>Grand Glorious Gathering
Where can I download English sub that's not done by Clawshrimpy of it Matt?
>>
>>13730752
You can't. Claw's the only game in town here.

Honestly though, so much of it is just copy-paste that if you've watched the OVA, you'd probably be fine for most of it.
>>
>>13730756
Is Clawsubs fine or just another guess sub?
>>
>>13730732
no problem, i think i got this one in the /rs/ board years ago (i miss it). so i think it's for the better start circulating again this, in case the translator's page also dies (6 years inactive can be scary imo), and hey more gaogaigar is good enough and probably people didn't know about it. i didn't have the chance to read it either, even though i have in my pc, time to do it while i have an itch for more ggg.
btw when i unzipped it, one of the pages from act 3 got corrupted, maybe it's better to download the chapter alone if you want it

http://sgctrans.blogspot.com/2010/04/gaogaigar-final-evoluder-guy-act-3.html
>>
>>13728085
I'd put it on the "military drama" genre, but VOTOMS machines seem reasonable in comparison to your bog standard GM. They are more like tanks with variable weapons and all purpose frames that allow them to do sick high speed manuevers just as well as climbing hard surfaces than Mazingers but in a war setting.
>>
>>13730518
Ey yo fampai you know that there were 70s style shows that focused on character interactions and growth during the motw and that GGG was actually NOT for five year old children, since it became apparent during the production that most of the viewers were adults instead of the declining Brave fanbase(kids)
>>
>>13730824
>During the production

Re-read that bit of trivia you looked up friend.
>>
>>13730834
It wasn't just the reason for FINAL. OVA sequels aimed at your older fans isn't out of left field, but GGG was really hitting it off with old guys moreso than usual
>>
>>13729079
>>13729059
Can a show be hard sci-fi if the fictional physics are only explained in exhaustive detail in side material?
>>
>>13730766
Claw cut and pasted the ova subs plus the TV subs for flashbacks when needed. Not hard but a lot of work that only he would take on.
>>
>>13729082
this is a shit definition and you know it.
>>
>>13730933
The Dagwon subs he did were apparently pretty accurate though, so that's a thing.
>>
>>13730652
now reading the manga, there's also the scene where mikoto is driving that flying vehicule with aloutte, it appears in the beggining of the episode 6-5 where the narrator talks about how strong gaofighgar is,just to cut back to recent times, where palparepa wrecks him hard and without mercy
i still want to see more about their fights against bionet, the fact that they secured some zonder metals gives more room for more stuff, and iirc that flashback in FINAL also shows that the GGG base was falling into orbit and gaofighgar was holding it back, those niggers in bionet don't fuck around
but oh well, what we have is good enough i guess

why does the manga have to end with a bittersweet ending though
>>
>>13730925
Gundam fans sure to like pretend so
>>
>>13730504
>since the pilot never has a dedicated machine

For the number of times and ways he's able to get his hands on a Scopedog/Scopedog type in the case of SH, this DOES kind of get cheated around a little.
>>
>>13730504
He held onto the Marshydog for like 3 months. People tend to forget that, but it happened.
>>
File: j renais.png (417KB, 800x602px) Image search: [Google]
j renais.png
417KB, 800x602px
I really hated how Final handled Renais.

She could have been super badass, but instead she spent the series either getting tied up, raped or wanting the J.

And Im cool with her wanting the J but they could have made her useful too. Cuz she did seem really cool and she had a decent backstory and everything.
>>
>>13728056
Because the shota in the pic makes you hard?
>>
>>13731652
Who wouldn't want the J?
>>
>>13731278
I'm not talking about details made up after the fact.
>>
>>13728082
I didn't think the Goldion Crusher was that much of an asspull; It made sense that earth would try to develop a weapon that could defeat enemies of the Z-Master scale after the original events of GGG.
>>
>>13731652
Her backstory was incredibly out of place for a series like GGG. She felt like a Betterman character that got transplanted into GGG for some reason. I don't know why Sunrise tried to connect the series; they're far too different to work well together
>>
File: haha oh wow.png (99KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
haha oh wow.png
99KB, 247x248px
>>13728177

fucking kek
>>
>>13732233
Maybe Yonetani insisted on this, simply because of that tiny reference to Leo Shishio in Betterman, and having the same character designer. Consider yourself lucky that they didn't try to wedge in Brigadoon as well.
>>
>>13730947
You mean the ones he just reworded from the existing subbed episodes?
>>
>>13731652
>build up this awesome new character
>devote the entire ED to this new character
>SURPRISE! Outside of masturbatory fuel, she's useless!

The set-up and payoff of Renais in a nutshell.
>>
>>13732205
It's not the Crusher that was an asspull, it was the Sol Masters going full retard and cloning themselves a hundred times so they could fight a bunch of opponents who had all just performed suicide attacks and were already dead, which overloaded Pisa Sol's barrier so the Crusher would work. The story then tries to claim that this was GGG's plan all along when there's no way they could have possibly foreseen this.
>>
>>13732323
Oh, and also the J-Ark running out of missiles thing. J-Ark has been shitting out missiles like they're candy for twenty episodes and seven OVA episodes now, and we've seen it has the ability to pull matter out of its ass to repair itself, but somehow it runs out right at the end. All because hey, the show ended on kind of a bittersweet note with J dead and Mamoru going off to see his home, so we've got to end with killing every single fucking character except the two kids.
>>
>Clawshrimpy's childhood

>Clawshrimpy innocently playing in his room

>Suddenly, at the opposite end of the hall, his father appears wearing a full-body pickle suit with a crotch zipper and nothing underneath as this begins playing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3nkWmLCyhg

>Clawdad starts jauntily traipsing down the hallway and kicks open Clawshrimpy's door

>"IT'S PICKLE TIME SON" yells Clawdad with a huge grin on his face and madness in his eyes

>"NO DAD NO" yells Clawshrimpy

>"YES SON YES" screams Clawdad

>Clawdad licks his lips and says "Now hold your scrotum taut"

>Clawshrimpy resignedly drops his pants, bends over, and stretches out his ballsack as to make the topography of his testicles visible

>Clawdad unzips his pickle suit crotch zipper, and unfurls his massive curved boner

>Clawdad spends the next hour lazily dick-slapping Clawshrimpy's testicles back and forth, and then promptly leaves

>Every monday
>>
File: david_lynch_wideweb__470x317,0.jpg (26KB, 470x317px) Image search: [Google]
david_lynch_wideweb__470x317,0.jpg
26KB, 470x317px
>>13728462

>Eraserhead
>>
>>13732304
>She was foreshadowing for Mari Makinami all along
>>
>>13732323
I think it fit in with Palparepa's philosophy of a "perfect victory" aiming to crush 3G's spirit- They were afraid of the G-stone's power(and GGGG), and probably would rather 3G submit than continue to fight. But hey that's my take on it.
>>13732336
I'll agree this was retarded though.
>>
>>13730944
It's a better one than all the others I've seen. Or at least, it's the one I'd use if I had to.
>>
>>13730621
>>13730627
I don't know who invented that "Dendoh has elements of Project Z" story, but s/he obviously didn't bother to check airdates. Dendoh aired in 2000, around the time first eps of FINAL were released. (And Brave Saga was released even earlier IIRC, so Baan Gaan is out of question too.)
>>
File: Ezekiel.gif (6KB, 240x112px) Image search: [Google]
Ezekiel.gif
6KB, 240x112px
>>13728194
You seem to forget that the Dragon Twin sets are all based on prior Zonder Battles.
EI-02 is ChoRyuJin
EI-12 is GekiRyuJin
EI-01 is TenRyuJin
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.