[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just finished 08th MS Team and I'm not sure what to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 08thMSTeamTitleCard.png (1MB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
08thMSTeamTitleCard.png
1MB, 1000x750px
So I just finished 08th MS Team and I'm not sure what to watch next. I'm pretty new to Gundam and mecha in general but I liked 08th MS Team.
>>
>>13727877
Ok. Have you only watched 8th MS? Also, how good are you with older animation.
>>
>>13727883
>Have you only watched 8th MS?
yep

>how good are you with older animation.
I'm fine with it, as long as the rest of the show is good
>>
File: 1439492262140.jpg (2MB, 2800x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1439492262140.jpg
2MB, 2800x3000px
>>13727877
It's not the most recent, but it's the only one i have. But yeah, the standard here is production order. If you got no problem with older artstyles, start with MSG/0079 and continue from there.
>>
>>13727888
Pretty much what >>13727893 said. For 0079 the movies are fine, though some character development is lost. Let's you get to Zeta quicker though which is nice.
>>
>>13727877
Stardust Memory
>>
>>13727893
>>13727898
sweet, thanks
>>
>>13727903
I wouldn't watch the 0079 movies instead of the series, it has a lot of dated and recycled animation but it's really quite good
>>
>>13727903
The movies are good as far as summaries go but I'd really recommend just watching the TV series.
>>
>>13727903
I'd recommend the series as opposed to the movies, you get a LOT more material out of it.
>>
>>13727898
>Let's you get to Zeta quicker
fuck you faggot, why are you watching Gundam just to say you've watched, if you're going to watch Gundam then watch Gundam to watch Gundam
don't skip shit
just watch the tv series you nerd faggot
>>
Watch 0079
>>
>>13727898
>Let's you get to Zeta quicker though
What the fuck

Why not skip 0079 entirely if you only see it as that "thing" you begrudgingly have to watch before Zeta?
>>
Id say watch 0083 stardust memory, if you liked 8th ms you'll probably like this too it give you that military vibe
>>
>>13728413
>0083 without having seen 0079 and Zeta
what the fuck
>>
>>13727888

Then watch the original Gundam. Either the series or the trilogy, whatever you want, don't listen to the faggots here. The movies are great, especially if you're not yet "in" gundam.

Then you can watch 0080 and 0083 before Zeta, and then just keep going from there.
>>
>>13728224

But movies are much better
>>
>>13728447
Maybe if he wants to be "in Gundam" he'd watch the original series then
>>
>>13727877
Stardust Memory
>>
>>13728451
>>13728447
>cut content
>better
>>
>>13728454
>>13728506
Look at it this way:
If he watches the films and likes it, he can still step up to the fully expanded story in the series. If he watches the series first, then the movies are only recap episodes with some new animation.
I would never tell someone not to watch the series, but there's nothing wrong with starting with the films.

One thing, though: the english dub in the films is terrible, while the one for the series is very good. If you're going to watch the films for any reason other than to laugh at them, watch them subtitled.
>>
>>13727888
TRY the gundam movies. Watch the first one. If you are able to handle the terrible pacing, continue. If not, pick up the tv show from where movie 2 begins.

Or read the Origin manga.

Then just do the rest of UC at your discrerion. Avoid Wing, Age and seed destiny and have fun k bye
>>
>>13728515
You're gonna have to watch the films anyways due to the extended final battle in the 3rd one which makes much more sense and is less abrupt from the TV version.
>>
>actually telling someone who wants to know where to start anything other than the original 0079 TV series
come on, /m/
>>
>>13728506
>filler
>better
>>
>>13727893
>ZZ
>Canon
Why is this a popular meme in the past year?
>>
>>13728748
put your trip back on black knight
>>
>>13727898
I agree with this, I honestly like the movie trilogy better than the TV series. And it's far easier to sit through for a newcomer.
However,
>let's you get to Zeta quicker
This will only leave you wishing Zeta also had a movie trilogy to would just let you skip that entire piece of shit
>>
>>13728759
>lets you get to zeta quicker
Is worse than
>hurry up and get to CCA

You're watching for the fucking series, not to check off tickboxes. Watch the TV series, in its entirety. There is no reason not to. You are not dying.
>>
>>13728793
It's not about tickboxes, I think that the movie trilogy is more enjoyable in the first place.
>>
>>13728793
No, anon should watch only the movies on 1.5x speed so he can hurry up and get to unicorn
>>
File: zeta gundam.jpg (2MB, 1881x1769px) Image search: [Google]
zeta gundam.jpg
2MB, 1881x1769px
>>13728759
>This will only leave you wishing Zeta also had a movie trilogy to would just let you skip that entire piece of shit
hey fuck you, buddy
>>
>>13728759

Zeta did have a movie trilogy though.
TV Zeta is great, the movies are'nt nearly as good of a substitute for it as the movies are.

The best 0079 route is this imo

Either first stretch of the TV series or the first movie.
The episodes that cover the middle section.
Encounters in Space

Encounters of Space is one of the pinnacles of Mecha Anime imo. The ending music gives me chills every time.

https://youtu.be/igz6zQ5fkMk
>>
Watch 0079 (series) first. There's more nuance to it than you think; the characterization and world building are great and missing out on it would be a big mistake.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.