[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best /m/ movie of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 13

File: Robot-Jox.jpg (40KB, 854x467px) Image search: [Google]
Robot-Jox.jpg
40KB, 854x467px
And why is it Robot Jox?
>>
File: chainsawpenis1.gif (1MB, 450x249px) Image search: [Google]
chainsawpenis1.gif
1MB, 450x249px
Aint none of that big eyed Gundam stuff here. This is a real mans ball game.
>>
File: tumblr_mmyfmeEh5S1ru5jm1o1_500.gif (967KB, 500x267px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmyfmeEh5S1ru5jm1o1_500.gif
967KB, 500x267px
>>13726148
Crash and burn man.
>>
File: Robot-Jox-2.jpg (191KB, 811x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Robot-Jox-2.jpg
191KB, 811x1200px
for a low budget movie, the effects guys went all out with the miniatures and stop motion
>>
File: Robot-Jox-3.jpg (220KB, 1200x830px) Image search: [Google]
Robot-Jox-3.jpg
220KB, 1200x830px
>>
File: Robot-Jox-6.jpg (173KB, 1200x854px) Image search: [Google]
Robot-Jox-6.jpg
173KB, 1200x854px
>>
File: Robot-Jox-14.jpg (158KB, 1200x776px) Image search: [Google]
Robot-Jox-14.jpg
158KB, 1200x776px
>>
File: Robot-Jox-4.jpg (282KB, 877x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Robot-Jox-4.jpg
282KB, 877x1200px
>>
I have to watch this again now, knowing that a bunch of dudes were out in a desert doing the stop motion on-site. Madness.
>>
>>13727563

Holy shit, and I thought my idea for a weird quadrupedal/bipedal mech was original. Truly there is nothing new under the sun.
>>
Really wish I knew what happened to my copy of this!
>>
stop motion is best animation, feels better on my eyes, CG got lots of flash but no meat
>>
File: Robot-Jox-10.jpg (197KB, 1200x802px) Image search: [Google]
Robot-Jox-10.jpg
197KB, 1200x802px
>>13727563
>>
File: Robot-Jox-13.jpg (189KB, 838x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Robot-Jox-13.jpg
189KB, 838x1200px
There really should have been a boom in gstop motion live action big mecha movies in the late 80s/early 90s. Robot Jox showed it could be done.
>>
I prefer Robot Wars, desu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A3a5RKUJ0o
>>
>>13729295
Why? Robot Jox bombed pretty hard at the box office. I can't imagine Hollywood executives thinking it's a good idea to make more movies like it.
>>
>>13725925
That was the most human, emotional, genuine, positive, beautiful ending of a movie I've only seen clips of. The delivery. The facial expressions. The music. It all points towards goodness without a trace of irony or cynicism.

"We can live". So weary and vulnerable, yet on his face was a weak but pleasant smile. It almost seemed like he was looking far into the distance. In that short moment, he was at peace. He had realised that despite what they had said and done, they can just let go. It was the expression of enlightenment. So he opens his arms offering peace even at the mercy of his enemy. The enemy falters and accepts.

You can see a big puff of smoke rising from behind as he gives his thumbs-up like a big flame had been extinguished. Don't know if it's intentional but it really adds to the scene. Their smiles at the end are just absolute joy.
>>
>>13729386
>Why? Robot Jox bombed pretty hard at the box office.

You are blaming Robot Jox failure on stop motion animation?

Perhaps other things in the film have something to do with that, ever think about that?
>>
>>13731089
Did you even read that anon's post or mine? He said, "There really should have been a boom in gstop motion live action big mecha movies in the late 80s/early 90s. Robot Jox showed it could be done."

He was right that it could have been done but why would 80's Hollywood executives do any other projects like it? The movie made a little over a million dollars at the box office and cost over 10 million dollars to make. No executive is going to think that it's a good idea to make another film like it. No matter what other circumstances may have affected the film's dismal performance at the box office, no studio is going to think it's a good idea to make a movie similar to Robot Jox, especially when Robot Jox made approximately 10 percent of its budget back.

"You are blaming Robot Jox failure on stop motion animation?" No, did you even read my post? I merely stated that Hollywood is not going to be inclined to make movies similar to Robot Jox since it did so poorly financially. I said nothing in regards to stop motion animation being the reason for its abysmal performance. You might want to read what I wrote next time and not jump to conclusions I never made. It's honestly too bad that Robot Jox in many ways got hampered by MGM and that because of that it didn't very well at the box office.
>>
>>13731198
*do
>>
>>13729386
>Robot Jox bombed pretty hard at the box office
Would you say it Crash and Burned?
>>
>>13731205
>Ouch.
>>
File: Zassi39.jpg (348KB, 1600x1247px) Image search: [Google]
Zassi39.jpg
348KB, 1600x1247px
ROBOT JOX ANIMATION SERIES WHEN?

C'MON NETFLIX, MAKE A ROBOT JOX CARTOON SERIES, THE RIGHTS WOULD BE SUPER CHEAP TO BUY!

THE THEME SONG CALLED "CRASH AND BURN" SUNG IN A 80S GUITAR ROCK STYLE
>>
>>13731198
>You might want to read what I wrote next time and not jump to conclusions I never made.

You should follow your own advice instead of going into crabby-14-year-old-on-the-internet-mode.
>>
File: RIF.png (7KB, 636x434px) Image search: [Google]
RIF.png
7KB, 636x434px
>>13734740
>>
>>13734892
Your tears are delish.
>>
Its actually F91 desu
>>
>>13739055
>Being this retarded.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.