[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>b-but it got beat up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: .webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>b-but it got beat up
>>
>>13717465
>no one got hit by a stray shot or casing
They're all Newtypes, I swear.
>>
>>13717465
Your point, OP?
If you're implying this shows the Turn A's incredible power, remember that ye olde RX-78 ripped a Zaku's face off in MSG episode 1.
>>
>>13717549

Yea, he should be making webms of the Turn-X hitting Turn-A with it's bloody siege attack late in the show, where it puts up with at least as much abuse as most Wing units without any damage if he wants to show how tough the unit is. Especially if he starts the webm with a shot of the Turn-A using the same attack to disable both Harry Ord and Poe's SUMOs at once in the second to last episode with only one shot - though that one shot lasts a second or two as opposed to the instant shots it's hitting the Turn-A with.

Or he could just make a webm of the Turn-A/Zaku fight with subs where people will see that it's literally one grapple with Loran acting shocked the Turn-A's reaction time is down due to the damage to the head the SUMO did to it the previous episode and then the fight is over before it even gets any further because Lily tells Gavane he's being a tool.
>>
>>13717465
The Turn A has some of the strongest plot armor in the entire franchise, that much is obvious.

Hence why the head got caved in by a punch from a SUMO, yet it was able to tank shots from the Turn X like they were shots from a squirt gun.
>>
>>13717577
They explain that as the Turn-A's nanomachines started recovering the body, it started getting stronger
did you not watch the fucking shows you complain about?
>>
>>13717667
Oh, of course, I forgot, I'm sorry. It arbitrarily got stronger for no reason, but they mentioned it in the show. That makes so much more sense. Thank you senpai.
>>
>>13717465
>b-but it got beat up

Said no one ever about Turn-A.
>>
>>13717667

Pretty sure they didn't actually and I'm not even saying that as a complaint. I just don't think they ever explain that. I certainly posited it as a possible explanation in a thread a few weeks back, but it's not actually in the show to my knowledge.
>>
>>13717683
I do, whenever an argument of "which gendum strongest" comes up. I mention how the Turn A got bodied by a Zaku, and they all come crawling out of the woodwork to defend it.
>>
>>13717698
Talking about power in regards to Turn A is nonsensical, because the sheer amount of bullshit it pulls out. No one in their right mind would ever think it was seriously in danger from anything other than Turn X.

Funnily though, it manages to be hilariously broken and yet somehow it isn't offensive about it. Freedom pulled hijinks and it was repetitive and boring, the same with the Star Build Strike and Build Burning. But Turn A? Oh, so now it can materialize an armory? Now it turns invisible? Somehow it just works.
>>
>>13717683

https://desustorage.org/m/thread/13686533/#13687411
https://desustorage.org/m/thread/13460466/#13460633
https://desustorage.org/m/thread/13405441/#13406130

It doesn't get said frequently or anything, but it does pop up occasionally. I couldn't be arsed going back more than 2 pages in the archive, but I found 3 hits in the broadest possible search on the topic in those 2 pages going back only a few months for instance.
>>
>>13717698

Yea, how dare people point out that you're factually incorrect about something. Whatever are they thinking.
>>
>>13717719
It works because you like the Turn A, and you're willing to forgive it because you like it.
And the Qan[T] or Unicorn could take it down pretty handily, let's be honest.

>>13717730
What's factually incorrect about saying the Turn A got its shit slapped by a Zaku?
>>
>>13717682
>why isn't my robot show wealistic ;^(
>>
File: 1450300306684.jpg (19KB, 220x352px) Image search: [Google]
1450300306684.jpg
19KB, 220x352px
>>13717747
>And the Qan[T] or Unicorn could take it down pretty handily, let's be honest.
>>
>>13717747

The fact that it didn't get it's shit slapped by it for a start? They lock arms after starting only a few foot from each other, Loran complains that the reaction time is down (presumably due to the damaged head) and then the fight is over before the grapple is even finished. That is in no way a shit slapping.
>>
>>13717682
Gym also mentions that they tunned it up and that Loran will never get the full powers of the Dark History which implies that Turn A is either not at 100% or he might be talking about the other dark history mobile suits
>>
>>13717747
>And the Qan[T] or Unicorn could take it down pretty handily, let's be honest.
This shit again. Look, anon, I know you like your shows too, but numbers are numbers. Turn A and Turn X MG manuals are official material, as far as Sunrise/Bandai ownership of material is concerned, and it's quite clear. You and I don't have to like it, but don't kid yourself.
>>
>>13717577
The Sumo's punch has more force and weight behind it than a tiny beam weapon
>>
>>13717698
That's not a Zaku, dumbass. Did you even watch the damn show? They're MODERN mobile suits whose armor is shaped to resemble a Zaku. They don't even look 100% alike.
>>
>>13717843
>They're MODERN mobile suits
lolwut?
They're dug up from under a mountain. There is no indication of how old the Borjarnon are.
>they don't even look 100% alike
To what? MS-06A? MS-06C? MS-06F2? MS-06J? MS-06FZ? MS-06R-2P?
OYW Zaku didn't even all look 100% like each other. They're fucking Zaku, deal with it.
>>
>>13717843

That's not actually ever stated in the show, so I've no idea why you're asking if he watched it. Unless you think them calling it a different name means it's automatically a different suit. I do wonder if you could point out the differences in design though. I know the Kapool is slightly different from the Capule, but I've never noticed a difference between the Borjarnon and the Zaku.
>>
>>13717719
>Funnily though, it manages to be hilariously broken and yet somehow it isn't offensive about it.

Because the show's about trying not to use it for fighting, not about fighting and "muh robot's the coolest because it's the best at combat"
It's both similar to, and the opposite of when something like Ideon or the Getters do something OP. When Ideon slices a planet in half it's not "holy shit cool robot" it's "holy shit what terrifying thing are we dealing with?"
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.