[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about the future of the Macross franchise, /m/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 62

How do you feel about the future of the Macross franchise, /m/?
>>
>>13697176
it's shit and will give cancer on your eyeballs
thanks kawamori
>>
>>13697176
SDF/Plus fags BTFO
>>
Well I'm not a sperg so you know, it'll be what it is
>>
>>13697180
/thread
>>
>>13697176

I'm excited to see idol on valkyrie action in a few months time. I would have perhaps preferred to keep seeing shows that kept a better balance of the three main elements of the franchise as well as happy:fucked up shit the way SDF did things, but I'm happy with what we're getting too so I can't complain too much.
>>
>>13697176

Freyja a cute, also a good girl who knows what she wants and not afraid to run headlong into danger to get it.
>>
This entire setup is basically one big "one of these girls will die"
>>
Eh, just another show I'll skip. Not really a new thing.
I'm really starting to gravitate away from /m/ shows it seems. More and more it's becoming a niche that's forbidden from doing new or interesting things, and is just forced into appealing to the same otaku audience over and over again, since the shows no longer have a wider audience.
This just looks like they added love live frontier. And they didn't even bother to make any interesting new mechs.
>>
I don't like Macross.
>>
>>13697191
Wait a minute there. SDF is easily my favorite TV anime and I love Plus, and I'm looking forward to Delta. You'll have to find another boogeyman, man.
>>
As
>>13697191
says, the only Macross series I really enjoyed apparently aren't indicative of the series as a whole. So it's probably not for me.
>>
>>13697217
The "green" will lose the MC bowl again
>>
>>13697176
I really like SDF

I've only watched DYRL and Plus, but they each seem progressively worse. I'm afraid to catch up, much less watch Delta
>>
>>13697176
Stop making threads. There are like 3 Macross threads up, pick one.
>>
I don't.
Only entries I like are SDFM, DYRL, II, & Plus.

>>13697191
You're right, I am. In a moderation of an old /sp/ meme. I don't think this music masturbatory macross is for me. But hey love live guy should be happy.
>>
>>13697302
>Plus
>worse than SDF
Fuck you.
>>
File: balein10.jpg (187KB, 799x490px) Image search: [Google]
balein10.jpg
187KB, 799x490px
Dynamite 7 was the last worthwhile Macross entry.
>>
>>13697291

She can't lose if she's in in the first place.

>>13697315

It is. SDF is the best Macross entry and by a long shot at that. I like all the rest to varying degrees, bar perhaps II which is just boring, but SDF is by far the best because it balances all it's elements so well.
>>
>>13697176
>I D O L S H I T
>D
>O
>L
>S
>H
>I
>T

still haven't watched it if they do half decent job of characterisation maybe itll be good(they'll probably just rely on character tropes though cause that's what sells)
>>
File: e8a.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
e8a.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>13697317
Grab a load of this Basara cocksucker.
>>
Kawamori is far closer to the Japanese version of George Lucas than either Anno or Tomono. He's just full-on pandering at this point.
>>
File: Messer VS circus.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Messer VS circus.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
I thought it was pretty decent. There was a lot going on that first episode so it was a bit frantic but other than that I had fun. CG could use some work but it's still test footage so.
>>
>>13697352
>Seriously implying he isn't just living his dream of making anime with muh planes that go pew pew pew and idorus
>>
File: 1327648697925.jpg (2MB, 2644x2110px) Image search: [Google]
1327648697925.jpg
2MB, 2644x2110px
>>13697196
this.
>>
>>13697352

Lucas never really pandered though. That was the entire problem people had with the prequel trilogy. He always made films first and foremost for himself and fuck what everyone else wanted or thought, including the fans. He might have merchandised the shit out of what he made, but he never made stuff specifically to pander.
>>
>>13697359
George Lucas was living his dream too. that's how we got the prequels.
>>
>>13697369
someone hasn't seen Plinkett's review
>>
>>13697377
Who is Plinkett?
>>
>>13697359
You're trying to tell me, that he doesn't just smoke. Then just sells what ever dumb idea that pops in his head while he he was high mashing legos.
>>
>>13697369
>Lucas never really pandered though.
He did though. Mainly to himself. And he was a total merchandise whore. I mean, so is everybody in the industry but let's not pretend Lucas didn't just make shit up just to sell more toys
>>
>>13697369
>Lucas never really pandered though.

>Ewoks
>Christmas Special
>Jar-Jar
>Kid Anakin

Lucas became a shell of himself after gaining the success of the original trilogy. The auteur film director inside him that made THX and American Graffiti has been dead for decades.

I still agree with what he said about the new movie though.
>>
>>13697377

I have actually. There's a lot in there though, so you'll have to remind me what he said specifically that implied Lucas was pandering, since that's all he'd have done. If you think he pandered though, why not tell me what you think indicates it in your own mind? What did he put in that was specifically for the fans in any of his films?
>>
File: 13755075.jpg (151KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
13755075.jpg
151KB, 800x450px
>>13697334

Hard not to be when every other Macross singer is absolute shit compared to him.
>>
>>13697176
I feel that character is annoying.
>>
>>13697385

The original poster implied he was pandering to fans. If you'll notice I said that he made films primarily for himself, so I can agree that he pandered to himself. But then, so does every writer really.

>>13697387

Lucas hated the Christmas Special but just wasn't aware what was going on with it at the time and it was too late to stop it by the time he did know of it. I fail to see how the Ewoks, Jar Jar or Kid Anakin are pandering to anything but himself. Jar Jar for instance was just his desire to see a Buster Keaton style physical comedian in the film. Fans played no part in that.
>>
>>13697390
There's an entire chapter alone on how he cast Samuel L Jackson to get the black vote, er, box office. Seriously, if you actualyl have seen it, you know how much of it is devoted to how Lucas tried to make the prequels all things to all people to get teh monies. Another example, attempting to emulate Titanic's romance in EpII after it made so much bank.

I'm not going to regurgitate three reviews that are hours long when you claim to be familiar.
>>
>>13697210
How the fuck can she jump so high?
>>
Bright and bloody, is kind of ironic but outside of the whole idols segment the first episode of delta have more deaths and destruction than any other Introductory episode of the franchise
>>
File: greedo-shot-first.png (520KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
greedo-shot-first.png
520KB, 1024x576px
>>13697352
I was going to argue that Anno would have been slightly closer to being Lucas, but then I remembered how Kawamori edited DYRL the BD release and made it more kid-friendly by censoring all the gory scenes. Fuck, I think you might be on to something, anon.
>>
>>13697417
MIDI-chlorians
>>
>>13697414

> An online reviewer said he did these things to get people to see films therefor it must be true
> Never mind that they were already part of the biggest franchise in history and were guaranteed sales from both black people and women regardless of whether there was a black jedi and a romance in it or not
> or that there was a prominent black guy and a romance subplot running through the original trilogy too

You realize he could be wrong right?
>>
>>13697404
I don't like her outfit to be honest.
The asymmetry of the skirt just isn't working well in this design. The dual color scheme of the outfit also doesn't work in this ether. The Red and Black is contrasting why to heavily with the pink and yellow and together creates and just creates a strain on the eyes. It's just really bad over all. At least the girl is cute, though she could do with out the hair gradient.
>>
>>13697420
>Kawamori edited DYRL the BD release and made it more kid-friendly by censoring all the gory scenes.

Wait, are you fucking serious? Jesus christ, fuck Kawamori.
>>
moeblob idol shit anime JUST fuck Kawamori the faggot he is proof that engineers are autistic as only the biggest of sperglords would enjoy this cancer moeshit fuck the anime industry is dead there is not doubt that /a/ will love this show and those faggots will start posting here
>>
>>13697430
and pundits could be wrong about Trump being a terrible President.

...but I doubt it. I didn't assume this position simply because something or someone popular said it and I bandwagoned, I did it because once I heard it, I ruminated on it, and decided it made sense.

People saying Lucas is still in any way an auter with an uncompromising creative vision have not done much to sway me.
>>
>>13697176
>VF-171fags getting BTFO for the second series in a row
>>
>>13697442
How you can call anyone a sperglord after a rant like that is beyond me.
>>
>>13697445

Okay, then why would he care about getting blacks and women in to Star Wars showings when blacks and women had been in to Star Wars all along. And why would it be such a surprise for him to include those kinds of things given that he already had those things in the original trilogy as well as the sequel one?
>>
>>13697392
Fuck anon. You're even gayer than I thought. Basara was nothing more than a retarded hippie who sang with pure autism. He couldn't sing himself out of a Vajra colony if he tried.
>>
>>13697387
>I still agree with what he said about the new movie though.

What did he complain about, not enough CGI and laser beams for him?
>>
>>13697176
Say, is Delta only going to air April?
>>
>>13697457
white slavery

shouldn't be surprised teh 4channers agree with that sentiment.
>>
>>13697445
I'm voting for him, and you can't stop me.

Also, since I buy into the Jar Jar being a dropped concept theory. It seems to me something had to have changed the way Lucas was handling the character Namely, how much everyone hated him.
>>
I dont get how people are shocked. SDF had mechs and an 80s style idol. 7 had mechs and a late 80s/early 90s jrock band. F had idols which reflected its own time period, and delta has idols similar to the big groups which dominate today.

How is this a surprise or a letdown? Macross has always been about planes, aliens and moe idol waifus. Why would you watch one made in 2015 and expect it to appeal to a 45 year old demographic?
>>
File: walkure.png (3MB, 1918x1076px) Image search: [Google]
walkure.png
3MB, 1918x1076px
Seems like the CG needs some work and the animation varies so wildly just based off the first episode.
>>
>>13697454
I don't know why, I doubt anyone understand why, it's all proof that he had lost touch with his motivations for making these films. Who are you saying was surprised?
And he didn't have children in the original, but felt compelled to compromise Anakin as a character by making him a child in the first one off some bizarre notion that children only want to see child characters, despite it being clear kids always love star wars regardless.
>>
>>13697474
That sounds about normal for most series though. They tend to get better as they go on though.
>>
>>13697472
b-but sunrise does it for their beloved UC fanbase!
>>
>>13697457
>"They wanted to do a retro movie. I don't like that. Every movie, I worked very hard to make them different," Lucas said. "I made them completely different – different planets, different spaceships to make it new."

Basically, he felt they were just rehashing a New Hope. Which is 100% correct.
>>
>>13697472
http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=43297&page=3
The butthurt from the older fans is delicious.
>>
>>13697484
>He doesn't like bookends
>>
>>13697472
I don't remember SDF Minmay having gymnastic space laser powers.
>>
>>13697484
if absolutely nothing else, as a /m/echhead I always appreciated that Lucas tried to cram as many new designs into each film as he could, even when it turned out a clusterfuck like the Separatist droids in Attack of the Clones.
>>
>>13697457

That Disney played it safe and that he didn't really like that they didn't try anything new, that when he was making movies he preferred to take a few risks and to make stuff that people hadn't really seen before or at least wasn't big.

He also made a crack about it being like selling it to White Slavers, but he was the one contacted Kathleen Kennedy in Disney about the deal and he was the one that set the price and he was the one that put the whole thing in motion, so he really has no grounds to complain. He stopped half way through the slaver line and it's almost certainly a dry joke on his part, but he did compare it to a break up and say that like with them you just have to cut yourself off cold and not go over and try and see the people making the films or interfere with them and so on.

>>13697476

You must be surprised that he'd include them, else why would you think he was putting in something that otherwise wouldn't be there. Those things were there all along though so saying he must have compromised by including them is just silly. If you can't understand why you think it, it might just be because it doesn't make sense.

As to Anakin, the original films made it clear that people were usually trained as kids so Anakin basically had to be a kid if he was going to make it in to the order when they were at their height and not struggling for members or relevance. You don't need pandering to explain that, just following the cues of the original. He still filled the rest of the movie with adults. Anakin was the sole child character and only in the first movie.
>>
>>13697478
Nope, most series' first episodes usually look the best. Then the rest of the episodes look like shit, except for the middle and final "boss battles".

If this is what the best this series has to offer right now is, then I think we'll be seeing many QUALITY-worthy screencaps once it actually starts airing.
>>
File: tumblr_n8s1n4vZ9f1ryr2u2o1_1280.jpg (100KB, 599x957px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8s1n4vZ9f1ryr2u2o1_1280.jpg
100KB, 599x957px
>>13697456
>Basara was nothing more than a retarded hippie who sang with pure autism.

Better an autistic rock star than just plain autistic like the majority of Frontier's cast was. Stay mad, you tasteless waifufag~
>>
>>13697484
Well he did show new planets in phantom menance despite also showing Tatooine plus he introduced pod racing.
>>
>>13697496
None of the idols have laser powers so I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>13697516
Laser-blocking powers, I mean.
>>
>>13697506
Usually it's the first episode and climax episodes that look the best including the last one. All other episodes especially those in the middle are filled with quality. Of course some series run out of budget before they reach their climax episode so that ends up looking like shit too.
>>
>>13697496
I remember her being nothing but bait and pandering to the otaku of that time period. SDF was fucking stupid, and is only lumped together with Gundam and such because of its time period and artistic design. Other than that it was always much sillier.

I'm sure some Yamato and 0079 fans were repulsed by SDF when it came out. It wasn't made for them and it isn't made for you.

Perhaps you would rather another UC gundam?
>>
>>13697522
Still wrong. Those were all the boomerang droids doing. They don't have powers outside of their singing affecting those with the Var syndrome.
>>
File: le-tip.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
le-tip.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>>13697527
>SDF was fucking stupid, and is only lumped together with Gundam and such because of its time period and artistic design.
>>
>>13697504
I'm not surprised, but the fact that he could have put in any random dude in the Mace Windu role, but picked the statistically highest-grossing African American actor at that time in what is essentially a filler role is thought provoking. Likewise, his vocal frustration with being incapable of matching Titanic's BO is a matter of record. That he decides to ape it's tragic romance plotline in what is otherwise a straight war film like AotC is suspicious to, well, people other than you.

Look, it's fine if you don't agree with an opinion or train of thought that doesn't align with yours, as in this case.

But you should consider the possibility that just because that's the case, doesn't make it inherently wrong.

Learning that early on can save you a heap of issues in adulthood.
>>
>>13697472
Here's the real problem. /m/ has made Production order a away of life on this board.
Naturally people start with SDF, and those who like it don't see the franchise for what it really is. SDF is a clash of cultures story, about aliens and how they are shocked at the PROTOCULTURE on earth: Kissing, Music, Male female relationships in general. It shocks the hell out of the aliens, and they react. This is what anyone would come to expect from the franchise as a whole starting here. Macross II, the non-canon entry, continued in this kind of trend. Then you get to seven, & the focus shifts from music being a small part to music being primary. It's extremely jarring. As the franchise continues with the exceptions of plus and zero the franchise continues from 7. SDF's core is reduced to being secondary. Honestly, if I was telling someone to get into macross, I could not in good conscience recommend the original, it's just a bait and switch for viewers.
>>
File: hideaki-anno.jpg (297KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
hideaki-anno.jpg
297KB, 670x377px
>>13697527
>I'm sure some Yamato and 0079 fans were repulsed by SDF when it came out. It wasn't made for them and it isn't made for you.

This guy disagrees with you.
>>
>>13697459
PLease respond
>>
File: ebin-nife-fite.jpg (63KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
ebin-nife-fite.jpg
63KB, 720x480px
>>13697527
>SDF
>artistic design

The show almost as many QUALITY moments as 0079, the fuck are you smoking you shitposter?
>>
>>13697510
>implying Basara is a rock star
>implying Basara isn't the only Macross character with autism
>implying I'm even mad
Keep telling that to yourself. Stay delusional like him, cocksucker.
>>
>>13697578
To be fair, most anime from that time period looked that bad.
>>
>>13697537

He picked the highest grossing African American actor for a very simple reason anon: because he had been told by someone that Jackson really, really wanted to be in the film and when he met with him he liked him. Jackson has publicly confirmed that. It's the same reason he made Brian Blessed Boss Nass.

And while he might be annoyed at not topping Titanic, he was also annoyed that Spielberg pipped him with Encounters because he and Spielberg were friendly rivals. He presumably saw Cameron in much the same light. He never pandered to put in something similar to Encounters or ET though.

And again, the original films already had a romance element. The new films were always going to have one too, because the films are and always have been, in Lucas' own words, soap opera and that's what he wants. If you're going to put a romance in a film (or film trilogy) that by necessity has to end on a down note, then it's going to be a tragic romance. Again, pandering isn't necessary to explain it, because all you have to do is look at what the film has to do to line up with the original trilogy and it becomes obvious that those things are necessary.

I'm perfectly happy to admit that Lucas is a flawed film maker and probably even a flawed person, though I don't know him personally to know or care on that second one. I just don't believe that pandering is needed to explain behavior in that films when common sense already adequately explains them as trends of his own normal film making process. You might not agree, but trying to imply that I'm being childish is just sad.
>>
>taking macross seriously
How did you people manage to watch 7 and still complain about delta
>>
File: heidi.jpg (42KB, 510x382px) Image search: [Google]
heidi.jpg
42KB, 510x382px
>>13697590
Nope, SDF and 0079 were some of the worst looking shows of their time. Even Yamato managed to look a bit better. Hell Xabubgle, which aired around the same time as SDF, had better animation. And let's not even mention the super high-tier stuff like the WMT series.
>>
>>13697417

Shes an ayy
>>
It was nice. I've never been into idolshit but this didn't bother me at all, and I liked the ending song.

I expect more valkyrie action in the future though.
>>
>>13697598
I don't know about that for 0079. When I look at Harlock, which came out the exact same year, it's a different kind of issue. Though Harlock has better art in general the animation is much more stiff. Choppy movements and panning shots all over the place. It's the same for Galaxy express' tv series. 0079 really isn't that bad in it's era, when you look at it's animation, it's art was all over the place though. Macross, I have no excuses for.
>>
It's going to make huge stacks of cash and spawn a lot of merchandise.

Only problem is that I'm not living in Japan at the moment. So I can't get any of the merch that is Japan only. Like I did when Frontier was on tv.
>>
>>13697598
SDF was made on a small budget and started out as a parody of 0079. Then had to make more episodes than planned.
>>
File: 32021190.png (518KB, 694x781px) Image search: [Google]
32021190.png
518KB, 694x781px
>>13697579
>implying I'm even mad

Well, yeah. You are acting awfully triggered over an opinion that differs from yours. Otherwise you wouldn't have replied to my first post to begin with. :^)
>>
>>13697176
I have faith it'll be one hell of a ride. Regardless of whether I'm sober or drunk.

And hopefully spawn more porn of the idols.
>>
File: basara_leaf.jpg (32KB, 610x414px) Image search: [Google]
basara_leaf.jpg
32KB, 610x414px
>>13697632
>Otherwise you wouldn't have replied to my first post to begin with
Not at all. And you completely misinterpret me that I'm even triggered. I simply just take pleasure messing with faggots like yourself with several layers of shit taste for Macross 7 and idolizes an MC with Down's syndrome. :^)
>>
I grew up with Mac 7 and watched all of Frontier. Don't like Delta that much. Too much focus on idoling and less on the mechs or the conflict. Soothing people's minds using the power of songs is like almost like a Magical Girl trope and they've explored this many times in other Macross series but this time it's just too in my face.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (47KB, 607x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
47KB, 607x1080px
>Macross has been shit longer than it's been good
>>
>>13697802
>8 mins build up with encounter with both love interests
>8 mins aidorus
>8 mins vf dogfighting action
With how many new features the 31/262 has, I'm actually quite happy.
>>
I think Kawamori may have gone too far in a few places.
>>
>>13697176
I gave up.
Never getting anything like Plus ever again.

Kind of hurts.
>>
>>13697176
Pretty bad when you consider that Kawamori is going to die someday in the future and the franchise will either end up going extinct or being given to someone who doesn't understand it.

I'M LOOKING AT YOU OSHII, YOU BASTARD WHO RUINED CYBERPUNK
>>
>>13697885
He hasn't gone far enough.

We need a cyborg idol in Macross who becomes the core of the super special VF, which is also piloted by her love interest. Together they fight the enemy, the idol's power of song controlling a swarm of remotes while the pilot has his machine literally dance through Itano Circuses and enemy weapons fire.

In addition, the idol's singing would allow her to control and guide modified missiles into their targets, ignoring all jamming methods.
>>
>>13697176
If Kawamori goes as crazy with it as he did in 0048, I'll be overjoyed.
>>
>>13697897
>Never getting anything like Plus ever again.
We got Plus because it was about synthesiser music. It was popular once. Music change with Macross, not the show's fault to use what is selling music CDs in Japan.
>>
Vars is the SONG OF PEACE

fucking space idols oppressing it from deculturally enriching the galaxy
>>
File: 3207230363_1_12_xo0ei4cR.gif (3MB, 330x186px) Image search: [Google]
3207230363_1_12_xo0ei4cR.gif
3MB, 330x186px
>>13697913
So, Mayuyu Mk. III?
>>
>>13697437
Yeah her outfit comes off as annoying to me too. I don't know maybe it's just a bad first impression.
>>
File: CXi0nA_UAAAB6KB.jpg (51KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
CXi0nA_UAAAB6KB.jpg
51KB, 599x337px
This is the lyrics to Unreachable Borderline

歌詞 耳コピですのであってるかどうかわかりませんが

見つめあって恋をして 無我夢中で追いかけて
だけどもっと知りたくてメラメラしてる
願うほど謎は増え 思うほど熱になる
だからもっととびこむの未開の世界
恋とか夢とか誰でも信じるけど
そこそこ攻めなきゃつまんないよ
ギリギリeye いけないボーダーライン
難易度Gでも全て壊してみせる
ギリギリmind さらなるGへと
意識は溶ける 体は制御不能
いっちゃうかもね

ふざけあった友達と求めあったあの時と
また会える日のためにキラキラしてる
光るほど影は出来 燃えるほどhighになる
走るほど見えてくる あぶないライン
自由も平和も望めば生まれるけど
モタモタしてたら腐っちゃうよ
ギリギリeye あぶないボーダーレース
非常識だね まだ加速しているよ
ギリギリmind
限界点なら塗り替えていい
破壊と再生から私は出来る

ギリギリeye いけないボーダーライン
難易度Gでも全て壊してみせる
ギリギリmind さらなるGへと
意識は溶ける 体は制御不能
いっちゃうかもね

ギリギリeye いけないボーダーライン
燃え尽きながらまだ輝いてみせる
ギリギリmind あなたのために
未来のために何度砕け散っても

愛することで生まれ変わる
愛されたくて生きて帰る
>>
>>13697560
>Honestly, if I was telling someone to get into macross, I could not in good conscience recommend the original,

No you just tell them to stop at 7.
>>
>>13697802
>Too much focus on idoling and less on the mechs or the conflict

There was at least a third of the run time devoted to each of Macross' three aspects
>>
>>13697983
I don't think I would tell someone getting into Macross to be into 7 unless they were really into MotW shows
>>
The creator of Mikumo Guynemer was a genius. The team that created her basically combined Lynn Minmay and Sheryl Nome.
>>
File: OpwoPad.png (77KB, 1096x689px) Image search: [Google]
OpwoPad.png
77KB, 1096x689px
SDF fags are the worst.
>>
>>13697176
Only Macross I like is Frontier and now Delta.
Plus was also good, rest can fuck off, really.
>>
>>13697466
>voting for Trump

Congrats,you have brain problems.

No, I'm not calling you retarded as an insult.

I'm calling you retarded as a medical diagnosis
>>
>>13697223
>love live frontier
If you actually watched AKB0048, Delta is kind of expected.
This ain't the first time Kawamori did aidorus in spess with robots, and since his previous, 0048, was somewhat decent, I think we should be fine.
>>
File: Denial - Starscream.gif (834KB, 300x231px) Image search: [Google]
Denial - Starscream.gif
834KB, 300x231px
Man, as if Macross 7 wasn't bad enough...

This show is gonna SUCK ASS
>>
>>13697996
There's literally nothing wrong with what he said. Most anime is shit.
>>
>>13698021
Really this desperate for replies huh? >>13698015
>>
>>13697990
7 is where thing started to take a nose dive but its still passable.
>>
>>13698029
>I honestly am not a fan of "anime"

Well then he's just a faggot. Not saying you have to like everything but expecting anime to be stuck in whatever time period is stupid and wrong. Judge a show for the content not your personal pariahs. The episode didn't even do anything wrong story-wise yet unless you get triggered by idorus
>>
>>13698017
>random diagnosis
Where's your P.H.D, faggot?
>>
>>13698044
There was another user in the same thread hating Delta for using "modern anime designs". What the fuck was he expecting, 80s Mikimoto designs again?
>>
>>13698034
He's been doing this for days, just ignore him or report and move on.
>>
>>13698044
>personal pariahs

don't use words you don't fully understand on 4cha. You'll get eviscerated eventually.
>>
>>13697966
wtf is wrong with her left arm, elbows don't bend that way
>>
>>13697176
Animation 8/10
CG 8/10
Fight Scenes 10/10

Just what I would expect from a Macross Anime. Fuck /m/ for disliking this show, they did the same shit with frontier
>>
>>13698059
Mine does, are you crippled?
>>
>>13698059
It's hyper extended, not bending.
Even if it did, it's a fucking cartoon you fat stupid cunt.
>>
File: kabaneri.jpg (287KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
kabaneri.jpg
287KB, 1024x1448px
>>13698053
>What the fuck was he expecting, 80s Mikimoto designs again?

I wish, but his talents are being wasted on some Attack on Titan ripoff right now.
>>
>>13698072
Modern Miki looks nothing like 80's Miki anyway.
>>
>>13697948
Yes, more or less. With a functional reproductive system. Kind of like Kitty from Silent Mobius (90+% cyborg, but can have sex and reproduce if so desired), rather than a robot with a functional reproductive system like Armitage.

And if we have to make it some sort of bizarre love triangle only Kawamori can do, then the special VF itself is the 3rd member, a female AI.
>>
>>13698059
Are you really this autistic?
>>
>>13698077
Still, it's way better than the designs we got for this show. Even Frontier had much better designs, especially the outfits.
>>
File: 1447792518473.jpg (138KB, 970x582px) Image search: [Google]
1447792518473.jpg
138KB, 970x582px
A lot of people are too old to be still watching cartoons.
Maybe they should grow up and watch Shakespeare or some shit and leave Mongolian Tapestry weavings to kids who actually enjoy it.
>>
>>13698083
Does the Pope shit in the woods?
>>
>>13697996
he says anime so much
>>
>>13698044
>Guy just going "You know I don't think I like anime specially modern anime just cool science fiction stuff"
>You bitching about that

I see a sperg.
>>
>>13698102
I dunno man
this one maybe?
>>
I waited all day to watch it and I'm glad I don't have to wait for someone to make the sky-is-falling thread.
You've all proven highly entertaining. Thank you for behaving so predictably.
>>
>>13697176
Makurossu is a kirred
>>
>>13698178
making fun of slow people isn't nice, anon.
>>
>>13697474
Those fucking fingers.
>>
>>13698051
You don't need fucking a P.H.D. to know the retardation that is voting for Trump.
>>
So is redhead idol having rough, passionate sex with Delta Squadron's ace pilot?
>>
>>13698044
Dude, Gundam has been made by dozens upon dozens upon dozens of different people, and even it managed to maintain some semblance of consistency in tone and approach through most (keyword most) shows. Even when I watch two separate universes, there's always something that makes it recognizably Gundam. At the risk of sounding like an elitist, Universal Century especially manages to always feel like itself, even through over three decades of passing shows and directors/staff. I can always immediately identify a Universal Century Gundam series by simple virtue of how everything feels within seconds of tuning in.

Macross, on the other hand, is all over the fucking place. It's as if instead of following his own unique style and approach, Kawamori just kind of tries to follow industry trends with varying levels of success. Strangely enough, the only time Macross really feels recognizable is when VFs are on screen doing VF stuff, or if Kawamori's being held in check by other staff members. Frontier luckily had a fuckton of references and tropes that Macross pioneered in the first place to keep things feeling like a Macross show.

Don't get me wrong, I love directors that like to show a tendency to try newer approaches to their work, but Kawamori's just bit of a inconsistent wackjob in that department, and as a result, his work is always a heavy case of "mileage may vary" because he doesn't have a distinctive feel to his works anymore.
>>
>Jenius in the love triangle
>another protagonist that likes to make his robot dance
>Aerial Knights are all pretty boys
>VF-31 is a cool evolution of the YF-30's design
>Idols who actually do shit in a fight

I kinda dug the preview episode. It was nice to see some more Zentraedi machines other than the Queadlunn-Rau in CG. And I'm always interested in the different ways that each of the N.U.N.S. fleets all branch out.

I'm also interested in hearing more about the Protoculture, since that's something they said we'll see more of in this one. I was kinda miffed that Frontier's only revelation about them was "They feared and revered the Vajra, going as far as to make biomechanical things that resembled them(Like the Bird-Human)".

I also like how they finally made good on the YF-30's modular container thing. It's looking like each VF-31 will have something different in it's option slot.

I'm legitimately wondering if Draken III is either the actual name for the enemy VFs or if it's just a N.U.N.S.-issued codename. Since it seems weird that a bunch of aliens would name their aircraft after an Earth-made plane that was almost a century old at that point.
>>
>>13698238
>G Gundam
>GBF
>IBO
>X
>SD Gundam Force
All of those shows and more are barely fucking Gundam. Macross has more consistency than Gundam at this point.
>>
>[gg] Macross Delta (Preview Special) - 01 [E4E85FC6].mkv
>[gg] Macross Delta (Preview Special)
>[gg]

Well now.
>>
File: 1448039866605.png (3KB, 327x207px) Image search: [Google]
1448039866605.png
3KB, 327x207px
>>13698238
>this is what butthurt UC crybabies actually believe
Cry more,
>>
>>13698241
X is just Bad End OYW, I don't know what you're going on about with that one.
>>
>>13698238
And that's what I like about Macross. Each entry feels different, so I don't find myself watching slightly tweaked versions of the same show twenty times in a row.
>>
>>13698238
Posts like this is why nobody like you, anon.
>>
>>13698238
You have to remember that unlike UC, where everything is shoehorned into almost every last bit of timeline possible while remaining relatively "canon", Macross takes it more loosely; letting each series effectively be its own thing just set in the general universe. Kawamori himself put it as every series could be considered a retelling of events that happened in the series, with some looser interpretations (kind of like the differences between the war drama movie Pearl Harbor and the real events at Pearl Harbor, where all of Macross is basically different Pearl Harbor movies). For all we know, the real Basara may have actually painted himself in black and white face paint and be KISS 2.0 while Mylene was a mature seductive vixen in true Macross reality.

This results in UC at least feeling relatively consistent, whether it's the original MSG or Unicorn, and everything in-between (though personally I find Crossbone to be stretching things with their Jupiter MS designs).

Macross on the other hand can do things that slightly contradicts previous story/design elements, so the result does sometimes feel like it's another show only using the Macross name and a few design elements.

Both do work in their own respective way, but I can see where you're coming from.
>>
>>13698241
>X
>Majority of characters and MSes are donut steels
>Barely Gundam

Okay buddy.
>>
File: WnLjxDk - Imgur.png (397KB, 610x457px) Image search: [Google]
WnLjxDk - Imgur.png
397KB, 610x457px
>>13698255
>And that's what I like about Macross.
The fact that it peaked too soon and has been going a downward spiral until its become a parody of itself with none of the elements that made it a classic in the first place?
>>
>>13697417
Obviously she's doing SQUATS AND OATS along with SS
>>
>>13698238
>Kawamori just kind of tries to follow industry trends with varying levels of success.

There now you understand.
For better or worse Macross has become a reflection of the times.
>>
>>13697472

well i would say its a cultural thing. the whole idol deal is a very japanese thing
>>
>>13698308
are we not counting the last 15 years where it's been a bi-annual televised contest in America? Or Eurovision?
>>
Macross always had idols, singers, and bands this is nothing different, since its all about music being important to the world in the end.
>>
File: 1434554187912.jpg (28KB, 458x258px) Image search: [Google]
1434554187912.jpg
28KB, 458x258px
>>13698238
>For better or worse Gundam has never forgotten its roots and isn't a slave to industry fads and trends

>Macross is literally an idol anime now because idols are a big thing now

Sounds about right.
>>
>>13698308
No it's really not. We don't really call them "idols" over here, but pop singers are all over the place.
>>
>>13698323
>Macross always had idols
Found the retard
>>
>>13698313
Even without that show, you had people like Madonna all the way back in the 80s who would could easily qualify as "idols".
>>
>>13698325
>Macross is literally an idol anime now
>now
>>
>>13698331
Sharon Apple is an idol
>>
>>13698337
SDF wasn't about idols retard
>>
>>13698241
>>G Gundam
>One of the only AUs to understand the core themes of Gundam

>>GBF
>MS fanwant the fucking anime

>>X
>Its fucking what if UC era BAD END

Gundam is pretty consistent in being Gundam Only exception that comes to mind is the 00 move.
>>
>>13698308
>boy/girl bands
>Taylor Swift
>Justin Bieber
Yer stupid and full of shit.
>>
>>13698337
SDF, II, Plus, 7 and Zero wasn't about idols retard.
>>
>>13698241
>(keyword most)
and X is more recognizably "gundam" than almost every alternate universe.
>>
>>13698331
https://youtu.be/L1nP2vYO24k?t=13
>>
>>13698331
Congratulations. Almost all retards are unable figure it out themselves. I guess makes you a retard exemplar.
>>
>>13698341
>>13698346
With the exception of Zero, yes they were.
>>
>>13698346
The job descriptions of Minmei, Sharon Apple, Wendy Rider, and all of Fire Bomber are all "idol singer".

And there were literal idols in Zero.
>>
File: 1443161228885.png (469KB, 764x402px) Image search: [Google]
1443161228885.png
469KB, 764x402px
>>13698358
>>13698359
>A show having idols means its about idols
>>
>>13698358
Zero and actual literal religious idols, kek.
And they sang.
>>
>>13698346
Technically Plus had to deal with an evil AI idol gone crazy because MUH ISAMU, SDF's had Minmay rising to fame as a pop idol which is how music played an importance to Macross.
>>
>>13698359
Don't forget the Milky Dolls and Jamming Birds.
>>
>>13698358
No they're not.
>>13698359
You're an idiot. There's a difference between a show having idols and it being about idols.
>>
>>13698365
okay, what's your fucked up, non-normative definition of "about"?
>>
File: 6923_837a_960.jpeg.jpg (124KB, 960x360px) Image search: [Google]
6923_837a_960.jpeg.jpg
124KB, 960x360px
ITT
>>
>>13697472
>SDF had mechs and an 80s style idol
But the idol was a vehicle for the entire thematic point the show made. You know, the one about culture shaping humanity into what it is today, and expressing that fact to an alien race with no culture of their own through music, the biggest aspect of culture that transcends time.

Now, I have no idea what Macross is about anymore. It doesn't even seem to have a theme...just tropes and cool transforming planes.
>>
Up until 7, Macross was about music as a notable element of culture.
>>
>>13698367
>Technically Plus had to deal with an evil AI idol gone crazy because MUH ISAMU
It wasn't about Sharon Apple

>SDF's had Minmay rising to fame as a pop idol which is how music played an importance to Macross.
That's a plot point sweetie. Minmay's rise mostly happens in the background, SDF was primarily about Hikaru and the conflict itself.
>>
>>13698379
why not at least Zero? IT hits the "song as culture" button harder than any other series, bar none.
>>
>>13698378
And her singing was never a key component of the plot or fighting, of course.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxahwxY_5jg
>>
File: VF-2SS.jpg (141KB, 873x514px) Image search: [Google]
VF-2SS.jpg
141KB, 873x514px
Is it bad that Macross II actually managed to be more worthy successor to the Macross legacy than anything Kawamori made?

I mean, the music kind of sucked but was it really that bad?
>>
>>13698384
again, clarify this "about" that you redefine when you're off your meds.

The rest of the English speaking world needs a little help from your end to bridge the disconnect.
>>
>complaining about muh aidorus
>when we only have an incomplete version of the first episode
Guys, for all we know, Kawamori might probably pull a 0048 and sideline the shit out of the idol shenanigans like he did in 0048 for character drama and plot and only bring them in for concerts/battles for maximum suffering when green gets captured
>>
>>13698391
gr8 h8ful 8 b8 m8, not too l8 to have a pl8
>>
>>13698391
Only real marks against is that it's non-Kawamori.
Like non-Tomino Gundam.
>>
>>13698378
>But the idol was a vehicle for the entire thematic point the show made.
It wasn't, fuck Minmey is barely given any fucking focus, her singing is a plot point that's as well done as 0079 introduction to psychics. The singing only got more attention in 7 where it becomes some retarded DBZ esque bullshit and then in Zero some mystic religious bullshit and then in Frontier where its just bullshit.
>>
>>13698393
>>13698374
English isn't your first language I can see.
>>
>>13698378
>Now, I have no idea what Macross is about anymore. It doesn't even seem to have a theme...just tropes and cool transforming planes.

but that's what sells blu rays
>>
>>13698402
>then in Frontier where its just bullshit.
Singing as a form of communication aided by bacteria that does the actual communication is bullshit?
The singing effectively works to jam the Vajra's communication network, at least until the end where the Vajra figured out individuality via 2 singers.
>>
>>13698410
So bullshit. Got it.
>>
>>13698400
At this point, I'm not so sure non-Kawamori is a bad thing.

Hell, Plus was more Watanabe than Kawamori, and he didn't have that much to do with the actual production of 7.
>>
>>13698391
I liked it too. Looking back on it now, it wasn't so bad after all.
>>
>>13698414
No. You're the bullshit because you don't fucking get it dumbass.
>>
>>13698406
is that a refusal, then?
>>
File: 1434662118284.jpg (322KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
1434662118284.jpg
322KB, 531x471px
>trying to make sense of Macross
It's just Uncle Kawamori's Shake 'n Bake mix of space planes, robots and idols.
Don't think too hard about it, lads.
>>
File: 1440997058793.jpg (66KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1440997058793.jpg
66KB, 1440x1080px
>>13698325
Because Gundam is a leader while Macross is a follower. Look what happened after SEED? Tons of ripoffs Frontier included.
>>
>Macross then: Music as an element of human culture is important

>Macross now: Idols in particular are the messiah they will being about salvation with magic music. Oh and some music is evil.
>>
>>13698423
You need to work on your English first.
>>
File: Maaakuuross.png (2MB, 1600x720px) Image search: [Google]
Maaakuuross.png
2MB, 1600x720px
>>13698402
>Minmey is barely given any fucking focus, her singing is a plot point that's as well done as 0079 introduction to psychics
You mean aside from her singing introducing the Zentradi to the concept of culture on a wide scale, slowly setting the stage for their internal conflict and serving as the focal point for their self-evaluation and eventual acceptance of humanity?
>>
>>13698421
>Y-y-y-y-you just don't understand
You sure told me!
>>
>>13698414
About as bullshit as the Zents getting so much culture shock that they can't fight effectively at all.

The singing-to-jam-enemy-network part at least made some sense, and singing to communicate, is pretty damn common in nature, hell, some animals sing to attract mates, that's, in a way, communicating their desire to find a partner to mate. Which is also covered by the fact that Aimo, despite how annoying it is, was an in-universe Vajra love song.
>>
>>13698424
>Don't think too hard about it, lads.

The problem is he doesn't think to hard about it, which his why his shows are shit while his planes are cool.
>>
>>13698417

I'm not sure where people get the idea that Macross is "his" to begin with. He may have came up with some of the major concepts, but it was Ishiguro who made it the classic it is, not him.

In a better world, all the sequels would have been in his hands up until his death.
>>
>>13698440
Nice fanfiction but know of that happened, her singing being a focal point came out of nowhere and was only done to make her relevant.
>>
>>13698452
>know
*none
>>
>>13697417
The planet has less gravity than earth
>>
>>13698443
Good that you have at half a brain to realize it. It only makes your whole argument completely shit anyway.
>>
File: 1447479174725.gif (2MB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
1447479174725.gif
2MB, 300x196px
>>13698440
>>13698431
Because most of the Earth is blown away, Minmay, her songs and the idol singing becomes the cornerstone of the post war human culture.
It's completely justified in universe.
>>
>>13698452
>Literally didn't watch the show.
Frontier-babbies are actually worse than Robofags.
>>
So basically everyone in the Macross universe is an idiot.
>>
>>13698480
Like all mecha universes pretty much.
>>
File: 1428682143499.png (143KB, 282x339px) Image search: [Google]
1428682143499.png
143KB, 282x339px
>mfw Robotech is more loyal to SDF's themes than any Macross after II
>>
>>13698480
Everyone is stupid except for you, anon.
>>
File: 1447459457183.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1447459457183.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
>>13698494
>Robotech
took you long enough
>>
>>13698431
The importance of music has changed with every Macross entry. In SDF it was about introducing culture, in Plus it was for brainwashing, in 7 it was for combating the Protodevlin, in Zero it was...to make rocks float, in Frontier it was about communication. Now Delta is using music to cure a disease and quell violence so in a way it's closer to SDF than the other series before it.
>>
>>13697966
What? You're telling me that it's GIRIGIRI EYE, not GIRIGIRI AI?

I don't want to believe you.
>>
>>13698512
Jesus Christ this franchise is a trainwreck and people here complain about newtype hax.
>>
>>13698378
What could it be about? Theyd have to do alternate reality rehashes to continue with that theme. And I'm sure you guys would eat it up since you can't handle actual change between entries of a given franchise. That's why this place refused to acknowledge G Gundam for literal years and stuff like X and Turn A are largely ignored-they arent straight rehashes of the same story you saw as a teenager. Get over it old man. Youll never be that happy again
>>
I come form an alternative time line /m/ a time line were the love triangle is a guy and a girl going after a mentradi ace. And the guy is the titular singer and hes based of David Bowie.
>>
>>13697176

The good times are definitely over.
>>
Macross is the best idol anime
http://ranking.goo.ne.jp/ranking/category/026/-79qTqC98u9S/
>>
File: 1447450542941.jpg (32KB, 383x349px) Image search: [Google]
1447450542941.jpg
32KB, 383x349px
>>13698543
>beating out Creamy Mami
Impressive.
>>
File: TRIGGERED-.png (1MB, 795x870px) Image search: [Google]
TRIGGERED-.png
1MB, 795x870px
>>13698528
>Youll never be that happy again
Don't worry, anon; I and many people here have made peace with that long ago when it comes to Macross...
>>
>>13698450
As we all know his legos are serious fucking business.
>>
>>13698555
The man knows his priorities.
>>
>>13698391
Ishtar best girl
>>
>>13698475
>idol singing becomes the cornerstone of the post war human culture.

Looks at this fucker forgetting Fire Bomber is a thing everyone faps to them harder than any idol in universe.
>>
File: 1424909463109.jpg (108KB, 497x732px) Image search: [Google]
1424909463109.jpg
108KB, 497x732px
>>13698534
That actually sounds really amazing. Would watch, anon
>>
>>13698391
The VF-2SS always hit a lot of right notes with me, especially in that artist's rendition of it.
>>
File: 1447641652493.gif (2MB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
1447641652493.gif
2MB, 300x277px
>>13698571
>Basara
>not an idol
>>
>>13698574
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSH--SJKVQQ

Just imagine.
>>
>this entire thread
Holy shit, this is some fucking autism.
Why are you taking Macross so seriously? It's like seeing someone take Metal Gear seriously. The more seriously you take it, the less you enjoy it.
>>
>>13698584
Technically, he's a rockstar.
>>
>>13698648
>Something people liked is shit now
>No you have to like it just don't take it seriously

No fuck you
>>
>>13698657
Nah, he's a rockstar who is technically an idol.
>>
File: 1447617005760.gif (2MB, 300x241px) Image search: [Google]
1447617005760.gif
2MB, 300x241px
>>13698662
>now
>>
>>13698662
Are you really planning on spending the next nine months hanging around in every Macross thread, bitching about how Delta should be more like Plus?

If you can't stop taking the franchise so seriously, fine.
If you don't like Delta, fine.
Move on.

Don't fucking make us suffer you.
>>
>>13697417
she's a sub-human Italian
>>
>>13698665
>>13698657
>Rockstar
>idol
pick two
>>
>>13698092
truth
>>
>>13698662
You're just a parasite, a leech, Kawamori owes you nothing.
Your kind means nothing, brings nothing to the franchise.
You buy nothing, you create nothing.
You feed on borrowed dreams you have no right to share.

Get a grip.
>>
File: 1447638941754.jpg (173KB, 866x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1447638941754.jpg
173KB, 866x1300px
>Macross will finally reach Gundam level shitposting
What a time to be alive.
>>
>>13698685
>You buy nothing

I have bad news for you faggot.
>>
>>13698691
happened during frontier's run didn't it? both movie and TV.
>>
>>13698695
Your 2 VHS tapes bought at Suncoast in 2003 doesn't count.
>>
>>13698685
>This is the type of person that defended George Lucas after the prequel moves.
>Sucking the creators dick as hard a humanly possible
>>
>>13698695
You know what this means, boycott!
Show them you mean business.
>>
>>13698699
Nah, there was enough PEW PEW, and the love triangle kept it in check
>>
>>13698706
>He doesn't know.
>>
>>13698706
Why not, they cost 40 bucks, fuck you.
>>
>>13698715
I meant the shitposting
>>
File: 1447659553483.jpg (56KB, 800x804px) Image search: [Google]
1447659553483.jpg
56KB, 800x804px
>>13698709
>telling the truth
>sucking cock
kek, don't tell me you're catching feelings now.
>>
>>13698709
TPM >>>>>>>>>> TFA, tbqh familia
>>
>>13698719
The show hasn't even started.
I guess this is preemptive pooposting.
>>
>>13698676
>bitching about how Delta should be more like Plus?
I'd really rather it be more like SDF...

The more I watch Macross the more I realize the only good Kawamori contributes to it is VF designs. The best parts about Macross stories are always other people
>>
>>13698685
>Kawamori owes you nothing.
I'd really rather he just stopped making things...
>>
>>13698738
Go watch Robotech then.
>>
>>13698744
you know you can just not watch it after seeing how much you didn't like this preview episode.
>>
>>13698744
>>13698738
When is the time to let go, how long can you stay on until everything feels like a hollow imitation of life?
>>
>>13698685
>You buy nothing
I bought the Blu-ray hybrids for the games and every Macross that has been released in the US.
>>
>>13698429
fuck yeah Simone
>>
>>13698751
I can stay on for the VF battles, but goddamnit, I will skip to them.

>>13698749
Why?

Genuinely curious, because I wasn't around for the original airing so I don't know the appeal.
>>
>>13698753
>released in the US
kek
Buying one shitty single from Japan would matter more.
>>
>>13698750
I don't like the idea of Kawamori fucking the corps.
>>
>>13698758
Don't bother, it was just on TV after school, so they all saw it as kids, nostalgia, that's it.
>>
>>13698763
I bought one of the sharon apple singles back in the day. Does that count?
>>
>>13698780
One half portion!
>>
>>13698345
>>13698345

yes we have cartoon shows and movies about 14 year old girls who want to be singers, and they're all insanely popular

fucking idiot
>>
>not liking AKB0048: Macross edition

Pretty damn awesome.
>>
>>13699048

Also, as good as the first season of AKB0048 was, this has potential to blow it out of the water.

There's no AKB48 cocksucking, including shitty general elections arc.
There's no shitty AKB48 music. The soundtrack is better so far.
That first action scene was easily better than anything is ABK0048. It was almost Symphogear-tier. I had a big smile on my face throughout the whole thing.
The girls aren't scrawny.
No outright creepy use of CGI.
There's no shitty voice acting from amateurs.

Really, the biggest flaws of AKB0048 came from the fact that it was an AKB48 anime. If it wasn't tied down by that, from everything from world building to character design... Well, it was already amazing, but it would have been even more amazing.

This is following a premise that's similar in a few ways, but without the AKB48 restriction, and a larger budget, in a universe that's housed several other really good series. I'm pretty damned hyped.
>>
Frontier was better.
>>
>>13699064

Delta episode 1 > Frontier episode 1
>>
>>13698657
Is there any actual difference?
>>
>>13699084

>rock stars
>rock music
>masculine or at least tough aesthetic
>usually plays an instrument; guitar, drums, bass; at the very least, the people on the instruments are important public faces of the band
>not so much emphasis on dancing

>idols
>pop music
>feminine aesthetic, usually cute
>people who play the instruments are almost never public figures, much less the idols
>always dance; a strong emphasis on dance routine is basically a part of the definition of what it means to be an idol
>>
>>13698525
But Macross has New-Type hax only what New-Types were originally envisioned to be by Deikun.

Macross Chronicle Worldguide 02A: The Birdman
>The Abilities And Maintenance Systems Of The "Birdman"
The Birdman has abilities that stand out, as a semi-organic cyborg that was produced in the golden age of Over Technology. However, operating for an extended period of time was impossible in a state without maintenance. So, it was arranged that the regeneration and activation would be carried out by the "space-time resonance ability" of the primitive Earthlings. Mayan Island was certainly a place where a religious form that centred on the Birdman was adopted, and the family of the head priest, who had powerful "space-time resonance ability", where the "Shrine Maidens".

>Mayan Shrine Maidens
Among the majority of Earthlings, who lost their space-time resonance abilities due to gene manipulation, they are from a family in which the space-time resonance abilities remained in order to regenerate and activate the Birdman. They have the beliefs of the Protoculture and Birdman at the genetic level. Also, it's said that families with identical abilities exist in various places on the Earth.

Basically Basara and co., Sara and Mao, Sheryl and Ranka all have Fold Wave hax that the Protoculture intended for humanity to maintain their bio mecha weapons kit but not necessarily control them. The Bird Human and the non-possessed Evil Series on Macross 30 needed female singers with Space Time Resonance ability to activate.
>>
>>13699060
>There's no shitty voice acting from amateurs.

Freyja, like Ranka, is an amateur.

>There's no shitty AKB48 music.

Sempai, I'd never listened to AKB music before 0048, but Aitakatta is glorious.
>>
I like what I've seen from Delta so far. Var Syndrome is horrifying when you think about it. What will happen when an entire planet gets infected by it?
>>
>>13699430
Conaidering that the Var victims we saw don't attack fellow Var victims so far, an entire planet infected with it will probably end up invading other planets.
>>
>>13699430
>>13699432
Dimension Eater. Why take a risk?
>>
>>13697359

kawamori's aging like shit desu.
>>
>>13699432
Based on Var Syndrome alone,I can tell this series is going to start out silly and become dark later on.
>>
>>13697837

so like gundam?
>>
>>13697176
I liked AKB0048 and it's been decades since Macross even pretended to be hard sci-fi so I'm ok with it.,
>>
What are the odds that Mirage is actually pretty bad at a lot of shit unlike the rest of her family and she moved to an outer rim system because the people there aren't as likely to have expectations of her because they don't know about the Jenius family?
>>
>>13699564
Why are people assuming she's so bad when we've only seen one episode?

I mean, Mylene was pretty shitty but nobody seems to care about that.
>>
>>13699443
Drugs are bad yo
>>
>>13699594
Let's see.
She and Mikumo go to the surface of the planet to do some covert recon. Mikumo instantly ditches her because she knows Mirage will blow their cover, indicating that Mirage already has history of doing so.
Mirage proceeds to forget her mission and starts chasing down some unrelated stowaway.
She ends up arresting the wrong person.
She ends up telling two complete strangers her identity, one of which she just mistakenly arrested, and the other a criminal stowaway.
During the concert performance, her movements are sluggish and lag behind the other pilots.
During the dogfight, she's the only pilot to get pinned down and require saving while fighting a single enemy VF.

Final verdict: SHAMEFURU DISPRAY
>>
As someone with no previous experience with the Macross franchise (apart from watching SDF, and I'm only at ep.17) and who doesn't like aidorus, here's muh opinion:

-The animation is pretty good but the CGs aren't
-The idol stuff allows cool flashy effects
- Freyja is annoying as fuck
-The battles are amazing
-The songs are awful
-It was neat to see the Regults

/blog
>>
>>13700280
Speaking of Regults, why is this board not focusing some attention on those Queadluun-Regult frankenmechs?

If I didn't know any better I'd say Robotech's Stingers are now Macross-canon.
>>
>>13697176
>Another MC fag
>Idols bullshit
Fuck! I just want a alpha as fuck like Isamu
>>
>>13700557
then watch Plus again.
>>
>>13700557
Isamu was the MC to cannon fucked girls in Macross? Not counting Max, because he is a secondary charcter.
>>
>>13700576
what in Jupiter's cock are you asking here?
>>
>>13700557
I'm not sure Macross is the franchise for you.
>>
>>13700584
I dont hate the idols but, will be that bullshit to remain the idols "pure"
>>
File: character_04.png (234KB, 650x770px) Image search: [Google]
character_04.png
234KB, 650x770px
at least we have titties
>>
>>13700557
To be fair, the MC of the best Macross series was also kind of a fag
>>
>>13700587
Macross generally doesn't display much of a purity fetish. I mean one of the essential elements of a Macross series is at least one love triangle.
>>
File: Hiyon_Katsuragi_6-1.jpg (277KB, 1000x1416px) Image search: [Google]
Hiyon_Katsuragi_6-1.jpg
277KB, 1000x1416px
>>13700584
It isn't, really. Macross is definitely one of the trashiest examples of trend followers and Kawamori's always been a hack outside of his talents in mecha design. This latest incarnation seems to be putting far less emphasis on the unique sci-fi identity Macross has acquired in favor of pandering to the lowest common denominator of waifu-obsessed otakus...so I guess you could say that Macross has always been a reflection of cultural trends at the time, but given that this is modern japanesen idol culture and the creepy implications it has for an entire generation we're talking about, I wouldn't really call that a point in it's favor...

Oh well. Another Macross in the trash. I'll always rely on Gundam to scratch my soft sci-fi itch, I suppose...
>>
>>13700576
Alto fugged Sheryl
>>
File: 1392217035533.gif (1MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
1392217035533.gif
1MB, 700x394px
I liked it, thought it was definitely the next evolution from Frontier.
Singers get more involved in the battle but it was a bit too camp I must admit but that's just how Macross is.
Actually enjoyed the songs here and cant wait to hear more and hope the songs get uploaded, didn't enjoy every song in Frontier apart from Seikan Hikou, Ranka's what about my star was great too and Sayonara no Tsubasa was GOAT, I thought all of Macross 7's songs were great but the series itself had some of the slowest pacing I've ever seen with a full 20 episodes of Basara singing the same fucking song with the same recycled scenes over and over before they began to progress.
Animation was alright, CGI was odd in some places, namely with the Zentradi and ground units, the Valkyries themselves were alright and was plenty of action, dislike the use of another gay toyboy looking protag again.
My biggest interest for the series is really that it seems that the enemy who is causing this Var shit is another singer, having music has always been big deal in Macross and seeing it used to fuel the enemy from the get go is interesting to me.
>>
>>13699564
Why wouldn't people know about the best ace pilot family name?
>>
>>13700682
Sheryl and Myung canonically have sex in the course of their respective shows. It's pretty heavily implied that Ishtar and Hibiki have a one-night stand in II. Did any similar implications ever occur in Zero with Sara and Shin? I can't recall.
>>
File: yf-29-art.jpg (144KB, 1400x566px) Image search: [Google]
yf-29-art.jpg
144KB, 1400x566px
>>13700686
>and Kawamori's always been a hack outside of his talents in mecha design
I'm not so sure I can even say that anymore. Siegfried is the first animated VF that I can honestly say is not particularly attractive in any of it's forms. He's slipping.

Durandal was too underutilized. I really hope it shows up again...
>>
>>13700576

Both Isamu and Guld fucked Myung**.

On a sidenote, singers getting more involved in battle has some tremendous potential for death scenes later on. Based on what happened to Grace in Frontier I can only hope Kawamori shatters the akb formula.
>>
>>13699633
Mirage is much like Gamlin before he learned to chill.
>>
>>13700739

Kawamori's best mecha design work and coincidentally his last good ones, were those done for Gundam 0083.

Everything after then has been mediocre to shit. I know he's inherently limited when it comes to valkyrie design but god damn why can't there be some neat gimmick like valkyries that combine like ZZ/AGE-3/Impulse
>>
File: 1451642778516.gif (2MB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
1451642778516.gif
2MB, 400x286px
>>13698534
>guy is the titular singer and hes based of David Bowie.

Goddamn I never get the good stuff.
>>
File: macrossdeltaa.png (2MB, 860x1899px) Image search: [Google]
macrossdeltaa.png
2MB, 860x1899px
Cautiously optimistic. Macross is about love triangles and music affecting living beings in fundamental ways. The crazy light and sound technology Walkurie uses is a reasonable evolution of what we saw in Macross 7 and Macross Plus. Just like passing judgement on the new Star Wars trilogy, cautiously optimistic, but waiting until I've seen where they go from the first installment.
>>
>>13700686
>putting far less emphasis on the unique sci-fi identity

The blend of sci-fi with pop music and melodramatic love triangles is literally Macross's unique identity and always has been.
>>
>>13700791
>why can't there be some neat gimmick like valkyries that combine

Because combining mecha are shit.
>>
File: 1451642567227.gif (3MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1451642567227.gif
3MB, 320x180px
>>13700834
>combining mecha are shit
Haha, that was really funny friend tell me that joke again mate because it was funny I can't believe how hard I laughed at that one. It was slamming good joke my friend.
>>
>>13700791
>why can't there be some neat gimmick like valkyries that combine
Because he used his gattai ideas for aquarion
>>
>>13700827
Not really. It's something it invented, but has always been applied in differing ways, and not always in a graceful fashion.

Macross's identity has always been about human culture, the potential relationships between humankind and alien races, and transforming planes. The music aspect was always just a vehicle for the cultural/alien interaction aspect of the show.

We'll see how it goes with Delta, but given Kawamori's more recent track record, I'm not getting my hopes up for any meaningful application of music. The mediocre VF designs aren't helping it's case, but maybe with a super pack, it'll look better...
>>
>>13700964
>The music aspect was always just a vehicle for the cultural/alien interaction aspect of the show.

That doesn't really hold true for 7 at all, except in the most metaphorical sense.
>>
>>13700644
Who also happens to have a fetish for mecha. She was all but oogling those Zentradi mechs.
>>
>>13700557
Alto wasn't a fag at all.
>>
Delta is shit but GIRI GIRI AI is awesome
>>
I like it. I like every Macross show. Don't be too snobish over a series like this
>>
Delta looks average at best, but I have hopes.

Like the music so far though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgS_AZSxS0w
>>
I see discussing this series on /m/ is gonna be impossible.
>>
>>13702178
Definitely. It's sad, but oh well I guess.
>>
File: diamond_physics.jpg (187KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
diamond_physics.jpg
187KB, 640x480px
>>13700775

Oh god, imagine if she turns out to be the Gamlin of Delta.
>>
>>13702178
>I see discussing this series on /m/ is gonna be impossible.

How have the shitposting levels been in Delta threads over on /a/?
>>
>>13697369

What? The entire PT is horribly done Vader pandering.
>>
>>13699449

Gundam was never good.
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.