[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fafner Exodus Thread: Post Seriesherjar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 58

File: 1449871701776.png (738KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1449871701776.png
738KB, 1366x768px
You will soon learn that Fafner threads don't die (yet)

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/yU1UV6xL
>>
Now that the dust has setteled can we all agree that Seri was bestgirl?
>>
File: Zwölf SDP.webm (2MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Zwölf SDP.webm
2MB, 720x405px
>>13696177
Yes
>>
>>13696177
I want to say yes, but she was barely a character in Exodus.
>>
>>13696219
>Barely a character

But I enjoyed how her character got flipped upside down. She goes from being someone who wants to learn how to take care of the islands core into someone who has to be taken care of by the islands core.

Also she tried to fight Altair all on her own. She's a real warrior woman.
>>
>>13696230
>Also she tried to fight Altair all on her own
That was incredibly metal.
>>
>>13696234
Maternal instinct took over it seems.

So anons when are we getting the movie/ova/new series? Next year? Next decade? Never?
>>
>>13696177
I like Rina.
>>
>>13696177
But that's wrong, the best was obviously last future sortie never.
>>
>>13696177
>Now that the dust has setteled
Anon, I should be the only one who shitposts liked that
>>
>>13696308
Well last thread disappeared and no new one was up so I had to write something.
>>
>>13696219
You may say that but she has one of the deepest SDPs (can't eat + devour enemy liforforce) and bonding with Orihime moments, she is arguably the most important gen. 2 pilot. Akira/Rina were more important at the end and Hiroto in the middle, but Seri is always almost a main character.
>>
File: 3e1a6c8e.jpg (38KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
3e1a6c8e.jpg
38KB, 854x480px
>>13696177
Mimika best goubain, best festum, best girl
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (10KB, 456x92px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
10KB, 456x92px
>Now that the dust as settled you say?
You faggots won me over with your constant praise. I'm just starting. Anything else I need besides these?
>>
>>13696361
Something happy you can watch afterwards so that you don't drown in the suffering.
>>
File: WEG Exodus Pt 2.png (792KB, 1100x500px) Image search: [Google]
WEG Exodus Pt 2.png
792KB, 1100x500px
t b h

>>13696361
You should get the [Festum] release of RoL

Also, be prepared for a ton of mistranslations in Exodus thanks to "based" Crunchyroll
>>
>>13696361
Exoddus 1st episode extended.
>>
File: funf protector.jpg (367KB, 1280x2160px) Image search: [Google]
funf protector.jpg
367KB, 1280x2160px
>>13696341
None will ever top the original Goubain.
>>
File: soukyuu_no_fafner_231311.jpg (21KB, 300x361px) Image search: [Google]
soukyuu_no_fafner_231311.jpg
21KB, 300x361px
hmm
>>
>>13696370
>recommending the [Festum] release
Sure, it includes the extra scenes, but that's not worth the tradeoff in sub quality.
>>
>>13696366
We just need webm guy to make AMVs/MADs of all the best fights and put them to music.
>>
>>13696391
Didn't he fix them?
>>
>>13696400
They're still pretty bad. I mean, none of the sub options for RoL are great, but the other options are noticeably better.
>>
>>13696391
I didn't notice anything wrong when I watched the Festum release.
>>
>>13696408
What was wrong with it? I rewatched Festum RoL recently and didn't notice anything off.
>>
>>13696408
Ureshii's are hard subbed right? That alone is worth getting [Festum]
>>
>>13696366
I keep G gundam and Dai-guard on my hard drive for a reason.

>>13696400
>>13696391
I'll just get both and skim through festum then. Not like these are heavy encodes.

>>13696380
Thank you the information. This goes for all of you.
>>
>>13696429
No problem just make sure you watch RoL before Exodus, you could watch it before or after H&E with the same effect, I think, but probably better to watch it before.
>>
>>13696429
Oh, and one important thing. The dogs are the BBEGs
>>
>people bitch at me for calling the NUNS characters memorable

I honestly didn't know any of their names until I came to /m/ in s2 and saw people talking about them, but they grew on me. I fell in love with them at the end. Keith and Dustin had some of the best fights versus Maya of the final episodes.
>>
>>13696580
I agree that they were.
And even in the threads the absolute hatred of Keith proves they were memorable.
>>
File: Mamoru.webm (3MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Mamoru.webm
3MB, 400x300px
>it's a /protecting/ episode
>>
>>13696595
>The movie is a Goubain movie, all the funf pilots help Jonathan protect us from something
>>
>>13696580
That's just retard-kun.
He can't handle the fact that despite the NUNS doing horrible things, they had their reasons that made sense from their perspective and weren't just cartoon villains. He thinks Hester was actually able to do more than track Azazel movement, and that she launched the attack on Hawaii with Roadrunner over Emery and Narian despite the fact that anyone with brain realized those two hadn't met yet and Ashoka hadn't drawn Esperantos to itself yet.
>>
File: 1434048058060.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1434048058060.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>13696580
Trying to argue whether they were memorable isn't the problem its when it comes down to how well they were written is when things get sticky. As this anon>>13696694 points out their actions make sense, Festum are cunts any sensible person would not want to follow the options of a bunch of hippie deserters on an island where they worship a huge fetus. However in the context of this story they come off as being dumb or arrogant and manage to make things worse in comparison to the islanders luckily Fafner is the type of story that doesn't spare any punches to the cast involve because if this was written by anyone other than Tow the NUNs would fall into stereotypical cartoon villian territory instead of just stupid Americans. They offer a gray mindset to the story I just wish they got more development so they didn't feel like dead weight for the cast to clean up after.
>>
File: Fafner pissed off bitch.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Fafner pissed off bitch.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>13697109
Actually I see it as quite pitiful. Many of them seemed like good people, if they got a therapy session with Kazuki they could be probably saved and join the crew, but unlike Canon there was no time for that and nobody was looking out for them. It's sad and pointless but it shows how many sacrifices there were outside the blessed few, and we got some good fight out of it. I mean fucking shit.
>>
>>13697117
Continued: Maya was going Kira Yamato on their asses disabling their fenrirs and it was a riot. The webm should show that too, Maya had great fights these last few episodes and felt like a gundam pilot, fighting humans.
>>
>>13696398
When I get back home next week I'll whip something together.
Kills anyone would like to see included?

>>13697126
She wasn't "going Kira Yamato"
She didn't aim to kill anyone. She was shooting off those Ariels' wings and took away their abilities to fight.

As the person that made that webm, I was just doing that specifically and only to show Keith dying.
Anyways, why don't you just make your own webms instead of telling other people what "should" be shown but you could also just gimme a few minutes and I'll post the scene in question as I realize I didn't make one.
>>
>>13697126
Maya's not whiny or autistic enough to pass for a gundam pilot.
>>
File: 1432242080812.jpg (32KB, 636x622px) Image search: [Google]
1432242080812.jpg
32KB, 636x622px
>>13697117
While some soldiers like Ai were sympathetic because they truly did wanted to save the world others like Keith and Dustin are harder to sympathize with and as you said come off as crazy. Johnathen and Billy are kinda just dumb the difference being that the former is literally a puppet. All of them are better characters than Yukippe who was just a bitch who got what she deserved unfortunately that meant costing the lives of others in the process. Hester really just comes off as haughty and not willing to drop her pride due to what she stands for, S2 did a good job if bringing that out even if it was just for one episode, she definitely embodies what I think of the NUNs as a whole though I wouldn't call her stupid either.

Canon is in a weird place because she was much like Johnathen but more susceptible to change so it is good that Kazuki got to her before she turned out like him.
>>
>>13697171
>if
*of
>>
>>13697171
Dustin's actions make sense from his perspective, especially if you've seen the extended version of episode 1. They're pretty consistent all the way through; the only thing he does that really breaks the pattern is rescuing Billy from the Exodus, and it's obvious why he did that.
>>
>>13697171
I don't think Canon was more susceptible, they just got to her quicker. Fafner/festum stuff seems similar to newtype understanding - just because you understand each other doesn't mean you don't hate each other, sometimes with Canon you get to them, other times like Jonathan he wasn't that good friends with Kazuki and Soushi, even though he was an equally nice guy, no one asked him is he there until after he got mindraped and killed Ai and many people.
>>
>>13697209
>Dustin's actions make sense from his perspective
Sure, but that really doesn't matter. He still is a villain as far as the show is concerned.

And, also Birry and Ai were at Hawaii and they still heeded the call of Kibou until one's sibling was killed, and getting noscoped, respectively.
>>
>>13697153
That is Kira's thing, smart enough to beamspam without killing anyone
>>
>>13697171
Dustin had small scenes like this and the extended first episode that gave him enough reasoning that made sense, but didn't excuse a lot of the stuff he did.
>>
>>13697227
He still murderhobos though.
Maya actually has a little restraint.
>>
>>13697226
And Ai was a hatepuppet of the mir, and was still a good person, she saw nobody was dying, and died to save Jonathan from Kazuki (even though he killed her the first time)
>>
>>13697235
>And Ai was a hatepuppet of the mir
That was a different "Ai"
She didn't become a puppet until after dying.
>>
File: 1441406701538.png (753KB, 985x1059px) Image search: [Google]
1441406701538.png
753KB, 985x1059px
>>13697209
>>13697230

>from his perspective
Yes "his perspective" but he's not sympathetic and is a terrible human being we just get why he does the shit he does which is fine since the show isn't trying to make light of his actions like so many other Japanese media do with antagonist. Understanding why a person does what he does isn't the ssme as sympathizing with them that's what make the NUNs far better characters than the Vers Empire who's actions did not make sense but the show still wanted you to sympathize with their plight.
>>
>>13697240
Was Ai2 a different person or the same person with differences? Seems philosophical, the point was that whatever she was did not be consumed by hate.
>>
>>13697261
>ssme
*same
>>
>>13697265
Fair enough.

Her mannerisms definitely changed from the few scenes she's in.

>tfw Ai actually became an Ayy
>>
File: Shouko.jpg (562KB, 831x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Shouko.jpg
562KB, 831x1000px
>>13696361
The novel

It's not obligatory, but it's really good and fleshes out Shoko's and Koyo's personalities a lot better than the first half of the TV series. It also explains how Festum learned about Tatsumiya and shows how children spend their free time on the island. Oh, and Soshi is a bit different
>>
>>13697583
>pic
Any more like that? If there's a Zwölf I feel like you're sorta obligated to post it for us.
>>
File: Kanon2.jpg (603KB, 831x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Kanon2.jpg
603KB, 831x1000px
>>13697599
Sadly, there is no Seri+Zwölf. The only other pic like that, that I managed to find, is Canon as her first Fafner
>>
>>13697126
>>13697153

Sorry for the delay. Got distracted.
I'm fully aware that this is all cut out of order, but I really like how it flows.

>>>/wsg/885719
>>
>>13697629
Oh wait, I think it's actually Dreizehn. I thought it was her first machine becaus of her original DA hairstyle
>>
>>13697633
Whoops...

>>>/wsg/885736
>>
Just a reminder
This is the the state of the world to a ground level NUNS/Human Army member

You are fighting a losing battle against aliens that have made large portions of the world uninhabitable and killed a majority of the worlds population.

The Information Age is dead where you could learn stuff on your own outside government sanctioned outlets, because there are no satellites because the Festum destroyed them all. If any news needs to be told to a large number of people it comes at the risk of the people broadcasting.

Your enemy is merciless, compassionless, and strong. Communicating with the enemy can get you killed. Not only can it get you killed but the information you know can be used to kill other people. Thus you don't question why you aren't privy to all details if you're in the army because if the enemy mercs you, you've just given them vital information.

Then you hear about these islands of Japanese refugees. Who have super advanced technology, who are preforming human experimentation on their kids using the enemy dna. Who don't help anyone because they got nuked when a clear infestation of the enemy had made a foot hold, was sterilizing them, and was likely getting ready to sterilize the entire world because the enemy has no mercy. Hell, the enemy is likely getting stronger because it's learning how to fight better because they've got the super advanced stuff. So now you're fighting a stronger enemy and the people who are making the enemy stronger are telling you "Tough shit, you're on your own"

So you hate those fuckers, so when the order comes to bomb the shit out of them, you don't question it.

The real cause of conflict in Fafner is the lack of information and inability to communicate. That's the real destruction of humanity that Festum have caused. The destruction of the ability to communicate.
>>
>>13697648
>Just a reminder
Pretty much everyone is aware of this.
It still doesn't change the fact that the bulk of the NUNs have done a whole lot of inhumane shit.

Another big theme of Fafner is that of "humanity" and the NUNs have proved time and time again that they aren't worthy of that.

>Not only can it get you killed but the information you know can be used to kill other people.
The islanders have this problem too. RoL deals with it.
"Deceive your allies before deceiving your enemies"

>the people who are making the enemy stronger are telling you "Tough shit, you're on your own"
Not entirely. Tatsumiyajima took place in the Heaven's Door Op, of their own volition. They were even prepared to give up Sechs, albeit under threat of invasion. Also, their deal to get Maya back was to exchange Nicht, but they sweetened the pot with the Einherjar plans.

If the NUNs were so concerned about preventing the Festum from learning things, they should have never tried to use Vagrant for their purposes in the first place.

Also, the cult-like fanaticism most of the Argos members have is pretty vitriolic and unhealthy. It's also not as if there aren't more temperate heads in the NUN, Narain and Kamal come to mind.

As a grunt NUN you've got a choice, which is another important element to Fafner. Do you choose to be an asshat and accept everything you're told, or do you choose to risk everything and follow some rumors of a mystical island like the soldiers that joined Perseus did in the search for hope?

Everyone has a choice.

Personally, if I was a grunt and I'd heard about an island that had kickass power and even peace, I'd be trying my damnedest to get their veterans working with us, and I sure as shit wouldn't wanna be shooting them.
The mantra of "they are part festum, they must die," doesn't hold up in Exodus especially where everyone piloting the new NUN Fafners has to have the Makabe Factor implanted to allow them to pilot their mechs.

Anyhow, lotta good points.
>>
>>13697795
>If the NUNs were so concerned about preventing the Festum from learning things, they should have never tried to use Vagrant for their purposes in the first place.

That's part of the problem though. Those in power whoa aren't on the front lines likely don't know a lot of stuff. They likely don't know that the island was willing to give the Sechs. Besides those who participated in the operations, they likely don't know that they tried to bomb the island twice.

The Argos members were likely selected because they demonstrated the kind of mind set that those in power want for dirty jobs.

They don't question their orders, they just do it. Whether it be because they justify all their actions like Dustin, or they're just scumbags who don't care like Keith and the guy who was jizzing over getting a Nothung model.

It's why Fumihiko's BIRD plan worked, because he literally info dumped information to people and actually got them to think. It also goes to show the corruption by those higher in power, because Eyepatch guy was just going to start shooting anyone who wasn't going to fight.

Festum may have destroyed communication, but those in power certainly have taken advantage of it, much in the same way that the Argos platoon has. Those who feel they're working for the greater good and thus the ends justify the means, and those who are just serving themselves.

>The mantra of "they are part festum, they must die," doesn't hold up in Exodus especially where everyone piloting the new NUN Fafners has to have the Makabe Factor implanted to allow them to pilot their mechs.

That mantra is once again something that gets twisted. You have the true believers like Hester whose planning to sacrifice any human who has been contaminated for the sake of the pure minority, and then you have the Keith's who just use it as an excuse to kill people.

It's different shades of evil. Zealotry vs being a Scumbag
>>
File: Heinz.jpg (47KB, 760x827px) Image search: [Google]
Heinz.jpg
47KB, 760x827px
>>13697875
>the guy who was jizzing over getting a Nothung model.
Best Argos
>>
>>13697875
Which reminds me, most NUNs still seem to have some kind of hero worship towards Makabe of the "Makabe factor". They do know that he came from D Island, but in that case, do they just not know that they might be killing him, or not care?
>>
>>13697272
Wht bothers me is how similar she was to Yumiko.

>I'll protect it, your hope

Maybe I'm thinking of another scene, but she says hope a lot.
>>
>>13697937
Once again, they live in an age with barely any information being passed around freely.

They only know what information the higher ups LET them know.

I mean fuck, Ai, Johnathan, and Billy say Kazuki worked with the Nuns to develop the factor/Salvator model.

They don't know shit. Hell, the Srinigar group probably knew more than any other group because that had Emery talking with Miwa and thus Emery could actually give them unfiltered information at times and even they weren't properly informed.
>>
>>13697937
Not that anon, but remember we did have a few spies actively trying to kill him.

Tatsumiya are known collaborators with Narain's group, with ROE Alpha in effect they're all just monsters from the NUN point of view, if they question their orders they're monsters too. It took until the scene you posted for anyone to realize, hey, maybe we're being lied to about these guys.
>>
>>13697648
Explain assimilation to me.

"Are you there?"

If you respond you are fucked, however if you have the Makabe Factor and shout "I am here!" you can resist it. However, depending on your willpower you may or may not be powerful enough. "Not being there" makes you more susceptible to assimilation.
>>
>>13697937
I don't think that came up except to give Jonathan a plausible rivalry with Kazuki. "I get to kill the world's hero!" and "I'll pilot the salvator model my dad invented!".
>>
>>13697992
>Explain assimilation to me

"Are you there?" is a targeting system
Responding = Target Locked.
No response = Looking for target

Assimilation is an attack by Festum in which it eats it's target either through physical contact or mental contact.

Success of assimilation is

Mental Power of Target - Mental Power of Festum = If Targets Mental Power is still positive, Target is not assimilated. If Targets Mental power is negative, target is assimilated.

Cores function as buffer that prevents Festum Mental Attack.

Physical contact is far more effective because it's overwhelming them on both a physical and mental front to assimilate them.

Successful assimilation provides a net gain of the targets knowledge and physical assimilation allows you convert your targets physical form into matter to repair yourself
>>
>>13698033
>Cores function as buffer that prevents Festum Mental Attack.
Cores also assimilate their pilots too.
>>
>>13698003
Oh, it came up in like episode 2 or 3. The NUNkids and Narain gush about "Makabe" being their hero.
>>
Prequel time: "The Sinking of Atlantis"
>>
Okay one thing I want to make clear, since it always comes up. Is the "Makabe Factor" really anything all that unique?

As far as we know it comes from samples of Kazuki taken when the NUN had him hostage back in DA, it just didn't come up until Exodus. I would think that any active Tatsumiya pilot would do the job just as well though, he was only there by circumstance. It's basically just a secondhand strain of the Festum Factor the kids all have.

That does bring up questions when Michio was right there, but he had never piloted a Nothung Model at that point, and would have had no Factor "boosters" in years. Kazuki was a newer generation of genetic knowledge, and had been actively piloting. So unless I'm missing something, it could have just as easily come from Maya or Kenji or Mamoru or someone if the situation was different.
>>
>>13698088
Clearly there is unspoken bitterness among the characters that it is not the Tomi/Bartland Factor or Minashiro Factor instead.
>>
>>13696384

This, never forget mamoru's sacrifice. I almost threw up when it happened, absolutely disgusting scene.
>>
>>13698088
Kazuki's synergetic code being closest to the golden ratio probably does contribute to how his genes might be more effective than others, to the point it could turn people who aren't even eligible into pilot candidates.
>>
>>13698088
>it could have just as easily come from Maya or Kenji or Mamoru or someone if the situation was different.
Probably so, although I get the feeling a better SC number like Maya's or Kazuki's (or iirc Kouyou's was pretty good) would be better.

>>13698103
Kenji pls.
>>
>>13698088
Any kid probably could have worked from Kazuki's generation but Kazuki's being the nearest to the ideal likely factored in too.

The whole "Makabe Factor" thing is more than likely more propaganda by the upper NUNS.

"Now you as well can be injected with the Factor of the Legendary Ace Pilot who defeated Polaris. You can have the power to fight the Festum menace as Makabe did."

The Factor itself is probably what is also allowing all these people older than Michio pilot without expiring. It's being used as an extension
>>
This is starting to feel oddly like Gundam Wing.

Jonathan/Mitsuhiro Bartland = Miliardo Peacecraft
Maya = Relena
Hester = old aged Relena
Boy team pilots = Gundam terrorists
>>
>>13698132
I'm not seeing it.
I'm not seeing it at all.
>>
>>13698115

Oh come on it was pretty shocking at the time. They hadn't killed off major characters in DA for a while. The kids were somewhat successful and then mamoru had to go like that. It was both tragic and gruesome, especially when his father and mother saw his remains in the pod. In hindsight character death seems normal in fafner but mamoru's death was very shocking.
>>
>>13698132
>Maya = Relena
Man what the hell, I didn't think anyone could hate Maya like that.
>>
>>13698103
Mamoru probably would have ended up an awkward third wheel if he had survived and Kenji and Sakura got together.
>>
>>13698145
I was more shocked by Hiroto and Mimika's

As stupid as that sounds.
>>
>>13698158
>It's a Mamoru gets un-tang'd episode
>All the pilots are in the sick bay
>No Rina or Akira on call
>Only Kenji and Sakura are available
>They pilot Zero refitted as a 3-seater
>KIMOCHI
>IT FEELS SO GOOD
>GOU SPAAAAARK
>>
>>13698158

I would still prefer that to him being dead. His character annoyed me at first but I felt horrible when it happened.

>>13698159

I guess it depends on what you were expecting. I knew fafner was depressing but there was a streak of success after shoko and koyo died. I didn't watch DA when it first aired so I also knew there were sequels, so I figured major characters might live on. Boy was I wrong.
>>
>>13698033
Responding is only necessary for mental contact lock if a core is buffering, right? There are a few cases where "Are you there?" is enough to establish a link and assimilate.
>>
>>13698195
A few times in exodus, festum hacked in their monitor and did the "anata wa soko ni imasu ka?" thing slowly followed by "they're getting into my mind" by the pilot. Direct contact/empathy is probably the most effective. There was also one time in Heaven & Earth where a crying baby type turned into a violent eurus type since Kazuki felt bad for it.
>>
>I was only 14 years old
>I loved Goubain so much, I had all the manga and even the helmet
>I pray to the mechanical forearm every night before bed, thanking it for the power I've received
>"Goubain protects love," I say. "Goubain protects life."
>Kenji-sensei hears me and says I read too much manga
>I called him a retiree
>He reprimands me and injects me with assimilation blocker
>I'm crying now, and an eye is gone
>I sleep in the Fünf and its really cold
>I feel sense the unbreakable katana nearby
>It's Goubain
>I am so happy
>He whispers in my ear, "You're gonna be a protector"
>He grabs me with his powerful samurai hands and puts me on my feet
>I'm ready
>I spread my Aegis for Goubain
>He assimilates my body
>It hurts so much but I do it for Goubain
>I can feel my body crystallizing as my last eye starts to transform
>I resist against the phenomenon
>I want to please Goubain
>He roars a mighty roar as he fills the sky with his shield
>Kenji-sensei and Acht run over
>Goubain looks him straight in the eye and yells "GOU SPARK"
>Goubain leaves me as a bowling ball
>Goubain protects love, Goubain protects life
>>
File: 1391974471645.gif (406KB, 533x300px) Image search: [Google]
1391974471645.gif
406KB, 533x300px
>>13697642
Rad
>>
>>13698195
It depends on the strength of the Festum.

Weaker Festum generally need a response to make a good contact. That's why WORM SPHERE SPAM is preventable among them. That's the equivalent of just carpet bombing and hoping to hit something.

Stronger ones don't need a response, however as Festum have learned hatred, the "Are you There" has become less of a target locater and more of a deliberate psychological attack to weaken mental defense.

It's why the Diablos types drag it out so much. Fear and panic makes shit a lot easier to assimilate.

>There was also one time in Heaven & Earth where a crying baby type turned into a violent eurus type since Kazuki felt bad for it.

That's incorrect.
The Sphinx in HaE converted into a Eurus type as a means of regenerating itself. You are correct that it only regenerated because Kazuki got distracted and didn't smash it's Core, but it didn't transform as a direct result of Kazuki's feelings affecting it.

It was just an example of Festum's regenerative properties, and another example as proof of what would ultimately be Soushi's fate at Exodus.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j32OrAXyhEA
New Fafner AMV from the channel that has that ANGEL one. Can't say I like it quite as much though
>>
>>13698335
>those flashes of all the dead pilots when Kazuki shows up.

Man. Some good stuff in there though.
>>
>>13698335
Regardless, it's still awesome to see the final fights used in something.
>>
>Rewatched Exodus episode 1
>Kazuki says he has 3 more years
>He'll stay on the island

>Ending
>2 year time skip
>He's not on the island
>>
>>13698563
>y on the island
>>Ending
>>2 year time skip

>Dying off the island?

Opinions on whether Kazuki's still dying in the epilogue or if he's really festum and eternal now.
>>
>>13698775
I'm assuming he's like Soushi now, and was pretty much a clean slate after waking up.

But if he continuously pilots again he'll probably end up getting baby'd too. That's how they'll live on now, meeting again and again.
>>
>>13698792
>if he continuously pilots again he'll probably end up getting baby'd too.
This.
>>
>tfw no Driezehn or Zwölf to cuddle with

(._.)
>>
Early Exodus is hard to believe how much it feels like DA/movie except the mecha parts, cause of how much changed during the series.

>Orihime still not born
>Only gen 2s and Maya still active, no gen 3 yet
>No SDPs
>Sushi is in the bridge bunny tank
>Lots of NUNS service
>>
>>13698814
>no Zwölf RD
>Or Dreizehn
>Or even fucking Vier who was in the first season
>Or any Einherjars
>Ever

Itai. Tasukete.
>>
>>13698833
>No Zero
>No Raphael
>No Gabriel
>No Condimentsalvator
>>
>Other Gen 2 pilots forever forgotten
>>
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27639464

Some guy on nico did a real-time version of Episode 20, the Third Azure Sky operation battle. Pretty funny and makes Kenji's work seem so much more demanding than it seems.

>That Leo continuously smashing Festum in the sky
>That Walker and Koyo hide and seek
>>
File: 18Class.png (1MB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
18Class.png
1MB, 900x675px
>>13698839
Some of the class and civilian shots in DA are so strange in retrospect.

Who are all these other kids no one talks about? What's their story? Does the island just throw some kids overboard if their SC code isn't good enough?
>>
>>13698856
They're normal, irrelevant kids. It would be sad if they drifted apart from fafner pilots when they get selected, as if it wasn't already shitty enough.
>>
>>13698845
>>That Leo continuously smashing Festum in the sky
>>That Walker and Koyo hide and seek
Literally retarded.

Especially the Kouyo bit, guess the guy just really likes Vier.

The rest was cool.
>>
>>13698856
Probably all get menial jobs around Alvis after graduating
>>
File: Masoushist.png (771KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Masoushist.png
771KB, 1280x720px
It didn't get much fanfare, but I thought this bit of the finale was a nice way to go full circle for Soushi.

After years of guilt for sending his friends out to the front lines, he gets to see what the other side is like, that he never had any reason to feel guilty. It gets undersold a lot, but in some ways he almost changed the most from DA.
>>
>>13698959
In the beginning he was still a whiny seigfreid system, at the end I forget he was ever not a hotblooded pilot
>>
>>13698856
I guess they had their own coming-of-age ceremony?
>>
>>13698845
This looks more like some video game than an anime at this point.
>>
Just managed to binge watch the second series (both first and second season)

>had a hard time remembering some of the characters, who the fuck is kouyou for example
>for the characters I do remember, it seems most of them turned out to be pretty cool now that they've grown up, and even for the new generation pilots, there seems to be less whiny bitches as compared to the first series
>while Kazuki and Soushi are kind of like a Gary Stu, all characters seemed to had their own spot light respectively (even the whiny twin brother)
>somewhat bullshit that some characters "came back" from dying, but good to know others actually stayed ded

all in all best mecha anime I've watched in 2015 and miles better than the first series.

Also Orihime is the best girl.
>>
>>13699247
Kouyo's the kid that got assimilated early in the first series. Had a thing for Shouko, was mad at Kazuki because she died, later came back as a Festum hybrid. He never actually died. He was even in the movie as just his Fafner.

Some people do find Dead Aggressor, the first series, better the second time through if you're ever in the mood. The whole series tends to reward rewatches since it's so dense with continuity.
>>
>>13699265

Oh now I remember, he was one of the whiny kids I hated and now he turned out to be a bad ass, maybe that's why I didn't make the connection
>>
I hope they end up releasing something similar to the Memorial Book for Exodus, I'd love some concept art for some of those Festum and the Fafner's
>>
File: Folded Over 1,000,000x.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Folded Over 1,000,000x.webm
3MB, 720x404px
Post your fav feats from Exodus

This is mine.
>>
>>13700200
Even though it was no match, I enjoyed Tsukuyomi's turn against Raisin. It was interestint to see funf vs. funf.
>>
File: IMG_20160102_200338.jpg (1MB, 2448x2256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160102_200338.jpg
1MB, 2448x2256px
Gunpla is freedom
>>
>>13700241
>you're literally saying "arbeit macht frei"
>>
>>13700241
I-it's a Fafner!!
>>
When's Mark Destiny making a appearance?
>>
I've always wondered, why does Funf seem to have a unique head compared to every other Nothung?
>>
What color should I grab for Mark Vier
>>13701128
It does
>>
>>13701128
Same reason Dreizehn does.

Different frame.

And isn't it the same as Tsukuyomi?
>>
This is... pretty good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is_sUpPF1u8
>>
>>13700200
My favorite is still the moment when Nicht and Sein show up in India and procede to wreck absolutely everyting,
>>
File: Ori and the crystal forest.webm (397KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ori and the crystal forest.webm
397KB, 640x480px
>>13700200
When Orihime breaks and shows how much she really cares. Seri has done soo much for her and to Orihime she means the world.
>>
>>13700383
Movie, just wait for it.
>>
>>13703606
We will wait anon, we will
>>
>>13703606
>No SEED Destiny/Fafner crossover film.

;_;
>>
>>13700383
After Mark Faith, piloted by Rina.

Which comes after Mark Judgement, piloted by Sui.

Which comes after Mark Altair, which later becomes Mark Loyalty, piloted by Seri.

Which comes after Mark "Goubain", which is really Mark Guardian, piloted by Mimika.

Which comes after Mark Vanguard, piloted by Reo.
>>
>>13704142
Which all come after Maya gets the Mark Death. That Hester creates for her.
>>
>>13703345
That's edited pretty well, I don't feel the song really matches up with the action at times though but oh well.

I've become increasingly fond of this one recently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsju_S8LXok
Just wish it didn't have that weird layer over it.
>>
>Finally get around to rewatching DA
>Kuramae is voiced by Rina

I had rewatched RoL a few more times so I wasn't expecting this.
>>
>>13704245
As long as Mark Death gets an large-bore rifle firing bullets tipped with tactical nuclear warheads that detonate upon penetrating a target.

Nothing would make Grandma nuker happier than her granddaughter delivering nuclear-tipped precision in those filthy Festum, and the beautiful nuclear fireworks that come after.
>>
>>13704445
Why aren't we spending money on this again?
>>
>>13704501
Because Japan won't let us.
>>
>>13700383
Mark Sieben?
>>
File: 54064718_p5.jpg (48KB, 476x600px) Image search: [Google]
54064718_p5.jpg
48KB, 476x600px
"Cookie."
>>
File: 153415313.jpg (663KB, 3044x1068px) Image search: [Google]
153415313.jpg
663KB, 3044x1068px
Rewatching DA is kind of neat. Not sure if just a callback or if random background character became Mai.
>>
Anyone know when the ost for the second season will drop or if it already did, i need to hear some of the songs they used in the final episode on their own.
>>
>>13706582
Both Vols. have been out for a longo time. Since summer, iirc.
>>
Probably been asked way too much but I'm asking anyway, and the pastebin provided no answers.

Do I need to watch the first Fafner show to enjoy this? I keep hearing Exodus is one of the best /m/ shows since MJP. Anyway I tried the first episode of Fafner in the Azure and wasn't really digging it, I might try again but my time is fairly tight so I want to make sure it's necessary. Is Exodus a direct sequel or just have some references to previous events.

Basically tell me if I should just stick with Azure since I wasn't very impressed by it.
>>
>>13707393
Sorry, but yeah, you pretty much have to watch everything to understand any of Exodus. So there's the first series (Dead Aggressor), the prequel OVA (Right of Left), and the movie (Heaven and Earth). They're pretty much all necessary and lead into one another.

DA does start off a little slow, I know the feeling, but it gets much better. A writer switch halfway through helps a lot too, if you're still not feeling it by that point.
>>
>>13707393

Azure really doesn't get that interesting until about 10 episodes in or so. Whenever Kazuki ends up leaving the island for the first time. I was in the same boat as you when I first watched it. I was literally nodding off at point because the beginning is kind of dull but once it gets momentum going it's pretty good. The movie is great too.

So I say stick with it.
>>
File: 1451794913808.png (4MB, 949x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1451794913808.png
4MB, 949x1072px
>>13707393
Exodus is a direct continuation of the story set up by DA (the first series) and the movie (HaE). You really should watch everyting that came before it or you'll be jumping straight in the middele of the story. (you could do that, but it would ruin the series).

DA takes a while to get going, because of the writer change early on, but after that it becomes one hell of a ride that goes on through Exdous.

Just follow the show as described in the image and have a good time. It's totally worth the wait. And welcome to the sufferingclub
>>
By the way anons, good job plugging the series in that "Best mecha of the past 5 years" on /a/. Fafner got a surprising amount of love there.

Does anyone have the final Bingo chart pic?
>>
>>13706216
There are a lot of moments like that yeah. Almost every episode you see something in the background that made it into Ecodus.
>>
File: fafnerbingo.jpg (1MB, 1380x1600px) Image search: [Google]
fafnerbingo.jpg
1MB, 1380x1600px
>>13707598
>>
>>13707832
Thanks anon. Man this stuff really took a turn for the dark towards the end didn't it?
>>
>>13707834
At least we got a bingo out of all the suffering, would've sucked if we hadn't
>>
>>13707856
Imagine the producers sitting there reading /m/ and deciding to fuck up who dies and lives just to spite our bingo chart.
>>
>>13707862
>They somehow arrange it so it says lol
The bastards
>>
>>13707832
I still contest Seri.
She should just have a big question mark
>>
>>13707894
I agree, she's not festumised, but something defenitely happened to her to keep her alive for that long (maybe Orihime will let her slowly devour bits of the island/altair to keep her alive?).

I'm wondering what the lives of the pilots will be like in that two year time skip. Are they still suffering the symptoms from their SDP or are they cured? Imagine Sui being unable to move while Rina rides him and falls asleep. Leo just being a floating head/arms/legs monster and Mimika randomly boxing herself.
>>
>>13707909
>Leo just being a floating head/arms/legs monster
kek
>>
>>13707894
>>13707909
>something defenitely happened to her to keep her alive for that long
Honestly I don't think it's anything that complicated. The island's Mir controls the entire ecosystem, it's not hard to imagine the whole biosphere has been put into stasis, effectively freezing time on the island.

If there is any continuation that's gonna be strange though, if Seri hasn't aged like everyone else.
>>
>>13707935
>Seri leads the next generation of pilots, like Miwa and Soushi who are now her age.
>Seri is now treated like a kid by her juniors
>>
>>13707935
She got sucked into a mirror thingy--like what Sakura's troopers spawn from.

Man out of time shit always fucks me up hard.
>>
>>13707942
Maybe people will get their Soushi/Seri pairing after all. Now with bonus /ss/
>>
>>13707970
Imagine a Soushi that isn't awkward but a total Alpha
>>
>>13707935
Do you think she's permanently sleeping, or is some temporary crossing with the island Mir where she interacts with the dead?
>>
>>13708143
I hope he grows up and becomes his over the top over dramatic self that he is whilst piloting the nicht
It would be great if even 2 year old soushi was like that
the toddler of nothingness
>>
>>13708564
Just sleeping I'd imagine, considering Orihime's words. Remember Altair is being put to sleep too, so there's no room to be careless, this entire process is some heavy-duty last resort type shit.

But things can go any number of ways, the only real answer is "whatever Tow wants". If Seri does eventually interact with the Mir in her dreams there's nothing to contradict that.
>>
>>13708606
>Soushi 2.0 gets his first bike
>He calls it Mark Nicht
>The Training Wheels are limiters
Just imagining it is hilarious
>>
>>13708700
>>The Training Wheels are limiters
kekekek
>>
File: Best mech.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Best mech.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I'm rewatching Heaven and Earth. Fucking hell the Dreizehn is one hell of a good looking Fafner isn't it.
>>
>>13709468
its the thighs
its always the thighs
>>
>>13709468
Yes.
>>13709481
Yes
>>
>>13709481
>>13709488
It totally is. (Those shoulder trusters also rock)
>>
It seems youtube has pulled the Heaven and Earth Intro/OP amv some guy made.

Any anon around who was smart enough to save it?
>>
>>13709765
dammit youtube, I should've saved it.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26352402
Thankfully niconico still has it.
>>
did anyone save the horizon translation an anon did
>>
>>13710084
It's in the pastebin.
>>
>>13707832
anyone still have a blank bingo? friend of mine is just starting the series and I want them to have some fun
>>
File: fafner bingo blank.jpg (1MB, 1380x1600px) Image search: [Google]
fafner bingo blank.jpg
1MB, 1380x1600px
>>13710758

Here you go.
>>
>>13707894
Seri's sleeping with the fishes- I mean, Festums, that's why I marked her with the gold.

She is admittedly a big question mark and more than likely will be alive if there's ever a sequel, but for now...
>>
>>13711132
She didn't die or get fully crystal'd though.
If Orihime was able to "cross" with her she would have to be alive. So I think a big honking ? would be more appropriate.
If you change it I'll make a webm custom ordered for ya.
>>
>>13710043
Good call anon, this time I saved it. Sadly it's low quality.
>>
>>13711690
Tried to see if the video was still in my browser's cache but no luck there. Uploader seems to have uploaded a pitched up version to youtube now too, guess the niconico one will have to do.
>>
>>13711690
>it's low quality.
Unacceptable
https://my.mixtape.moe/pcewwc.mp4
>>
>>13712022
Praise to the all mighty anon
>>
>>13712022
Something something shukufuku.

Different anon, but thank you.
>>
I'm really happy Sakura didn't was kill
>>
>>13712607
I'm still amazed. Her and Kenji literally got married and still made it out of Exodus alive.

Tow was surprisingly kind to couples this time.
>>
>>13712710
RIP Seri/Hiroto though.
>>
>>13713247
One of the ships I actually wanted to work. Instead one is dead and the other has become sleeping beauty.
>>
>>13714150
>One is a ball and the other is an eternal soldier (fixed)
>>
>>13714150
>>13714761
Maybe the Mir will at least let her cross with him while she's asleep.
>>
>Mizoguchi made it out of Exodus alive
>Fought a festum in a jet
>Screamed at a NUN Fafner
>Iced Birry in the last five minutes
Why did I ever doubt the Gooch
>>
File: fafner bingo 9b.jpg (1MB, 1380x1600px) Image search: [Google]
fafner bingo 9b.jpg
1MB, 1380x1600px
>>13711141

I can make a tiny edit to the end result, sure.

Seri a ? because who the hell knows. Taking a long nap.
>>
>>13715108
Well well, there should be no problem with more Seri.

I'll get to it when I get back home late tonight/the morning.
>>
>>13712022
This is somehow more awesome when it's been pounded into my head what their fighting styles are.

>Maya the sniper
>Kenji going crazy commando with his pistol
>Canon charging with her lance
>Sakura on her linderwhatever
>>
>>13714864
Hmm imagine the eternal mental sex. Guess Hiroto could become one hell of a lucky guy after all
>>
>>13714761
I feel like "lunch" should have been worked into that somehow
>>
I miss them

;_;
>>
>>13716447
I hate how the "victorious looking out after the battle" scenes always look more QUALITY than usual, but it's not as bad as the movie.

I miss them too especially Zero Fafner
>>
>>13716447
>>13716642
What even happened to the Zero, I can't remember. Is it just out of frame there somewhere or was it kinda fucked?
>>
>>13716654
>>13716654
It got its head chopped off, but in fairness all the mechs got pretty fucked.
>>
>>13716654
>>13716662
Yeah it's probably no worse off than any others, Kenji was trying to heal everyone he could. The Zero's just huge so easier to leave out.
>>
>>13716692
Nah, it was probably busted worse and locked up in Atlantis' closest tomb or dungeon until the end of the next sequel.
>>
>>13716702
I mean I wouldn't put it past them. The Zero still has too much of an appetite to use often.
>>
>>13707598
I dont think that was us, that was probably just the few people that watched it voicing their opinion, the show is under watched as fuck in the west but exodus really seemed to please most people that had the patience to get to it.. Its just a really good series even with its shortcommings
>>
>>13716814
>the show is under watched as fuck in the west
I'll say, it didn't even get a passing mention in most annual round ups of the years anime on the various English language anime blogs/sites.
>>
>>13716814
I'm honestly on the opinion that anyone who watches it, with proper knowledge of the previous series, OVA, and movie, can't not enjoy it. It's just nobody watches it.
>>
>>13716831
Well ofcourse. Countrary to much off the shit posting on /a/ and /m/ this is actually a series that's objectively good.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT1Njo8bJ04 I guess the channel that uploaded the fanmade Heaven and Earth OP wasn't the original one or something.
>>
>>13717070
More likely the copyright police picking up the music
>>
>>13717178
Pretty sure it wasn't a copyright take down. The video only ever said it was removed by the user as opposed to the usual message you get with copyrights
>>
>>13715108
>>>/wsg/892221
>>
Anyone have the Kazuki/Soushi/Maya Exodus character song CDs yet? I just got mine in the mail.
>>
>>>/wsg/892221
Don't cry Orihime ;_;
>>
BD WHERE?

WHERE'S MY FREE STUFF?
>>
>>13717345
If you mean the ones with all the 3rd gen and Canon too, yes, I picked it up at my local CD shop because anime is just that popular in my country.
>>
>>13716702
Another thing I don't really get, neither Salvatore models actually assimilated anyone completely, and they lock and wrapped it up like some extreme taboo machine, but Zero whose kill count is at 3 now is allowed to be piloted freely.
>>
File: moe.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
moe.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>13711125
you're a good friend
>>
>>13719043
It was submerged underwater bro.
>>
>>13719059
Soushi did I ever tell you about the time uncle misao was a sphinx type who saved you from assimilation and walked around in your body?
>>
>>13719073
It was on display in front of Alvis' resting area.
>>
>>13719119
Didn't it only show up in H&E? I thought the idea was that they drowned it instead of keep it in a normal chamber like the other fafners because it was a cursed mech. inb4 that's what a fafner is
>>
>>13719119
That was a real dick move to the twins isn't it
>this here is the murder machine that assimilated your parents kids
>we are putting it right here for everyone to look at it, but especially for you two, so you will be reminded of your parents death every time you come here for a break
>Oh we are also putting you two into this death machine
>what that Salvatore model that almost assimilated my son but didn't? Lock it up and throw away the key you degenerate fucks. Destroy it if you can too.
>>
>>13719043
Well the Zero wasn't constantly active and capable of potentially assimilating the entire island.
>>
>>13719142
>implying they weren't terrified that it creates green crystals
>>
>>13719137
Retconned to have always been there, I thought?
>>
>>13719214
That's probably referring to this bit from the official timeline,
>The Mark Ein's pilot dies in an accident during training.
Which we've never heard anything else about or who could have been in there. It's weird.

But the Zero must have been there the entire time, the accident with it happened over a decade before DA. It was sealed away just as much as anything else, but remember the first we hear of it was Akira saying he WANTS to pilot it in H&E. Then the twins just happen to get their Fafners rekt to make that an oiption.
>>
Hey was Soushi always a little festumized or something? It seems that way since he always has to teach the festum pain and he learned pain from kazuki and he was that way ever since he got ayyraped by japanese radio.
>>
>>13719290
>twins are canonically the shittiest pilots

kek
>>
>>13719295
He had at least a bit of Festum in him ever since the radio incident, yes.

It's implied that's what prevented him from piloting.
>>
>>13719301
That's Seri unfortunately, she would have been dead several times over if she didn't have a power that makes her immortal.
>>
>>13719320
>Tatekami "I want to eat festum women and the younglings too" Seri is a shitty pilot
>>
>>13719295
>>13719303
Soushi couldn't pilot because his eye was injured, not because of Festum anything. It prevented the full mental link like we see in RoL, that's why he healed the eye when he got the idea from Narain.

The injury is what prevented him from being assimilated in the radio incident. Otherwise he's just as Festum as any of the island kids, he was only there to teach them about pain and everything because they needed his mind intact at the end of DA.
>>
>>13719320
what

Are you the same guy that was trying to claim she died and Orihime somehow brought her back? That's not how any of this works. Just look at Soushi.

Also
>worst pilot
>not Sakura
>>
>>13719339
But then why is it his "first injury"? I don't understand that. He's also the only islander who glows gold until Kazuki and besides Koyo, but that's after the movie.
>>
>>13719357
Well after the movie his body is 100% pure Festum material. It's just a container for his mind, so he can heal himself or whatever else as we see.

The injury is something Soushi sees as an essential part of himself. He wasn't really "there" before that incident. Remember he was less than five years old when he was told the truth about the island and the world, that's bound to fuck a kid up, it's no wonder he didn't have much of a sense of self before that.
>>
>>13719332
She has zero piloting feats throughout Exodus anon
>>13719348
No, but I admit I forgot about Sakura, only picked from the Gen 2 pool because they were the shittiest of the bunch, did Sakura do anything worth while in DA?
>>
>>13719413
>did Sakura do anything worth while in DA?
Yeah.

Getting fewer kills than Kenji.
>>
Wow you guys were right. DA gets a lot better after episode 12. Now they bothered explaining the damn plot and having not shitty battles.

I hope it stays at this quality for a while.
>>
>>13719430
Enjoy. Even some episodes without any fights are great, 18 is one of the best.

Careful though these threads are a spoiler minefield.
>>
>>13719430
Legit spoilers

13-17 Epic battles
18-24 Character/world building
25-26 Final battle
>>
>>13719413
>She has zero piloting feats throughout Exodus
Not him, but she noms a Festum bigger than anything any of the Salvators do and recovers from at least a couple (although it might just be one?) dismemberments with ease, more easily than Sein or Nicht even.

>several times over
If we're going by this count, Akira is easily the worst. He's saved from assimilation by Kenji, and then from Dusin by Billy's presence.

Sui, too would rank kinda low by the saved from imminent doom by "x" count, but that's silly.

If we're going by that realistically, Seri only gets saved by her h4x regen once.

I mean, Drei cut its way out of a Leviathan-type in DA's finale, granted it was much smaller, but Zwölf had been upgraded many times by Exodus, so presumably she'd have been able to cut her way out.

Anyways, I didn't intend to get into dank powerlevels discussion, but you brought up muh feats...
>>
>>13719730
>tfw akira and billy could've been bros
>>
>>13719743
They still can be!
>>
>>13719754
>The loyal coward and the traitor coward come back as festum bros/rivals
>>
>>13719730
Piloting feats anon, not power feats, we all know her nom and regen powers are OP.
If anything almost all usage of her powers are the result of lousy piloting skills.
>>
Wach if S3 changes tone and has a lot of "kimoochi it feels good~" when the kids get transformed by their mechs?
>>
>>13719765
Rina has no "feats" either then.

Neither then does Canon, or Akira, or anyone outside of Maya and Gen 3.
>>
>>13719776
Honestly, Gen 2 is the most disadvantaged group. Gen 1 has the most piloting experience given their age, and Gen 3 is literally made up of prodigies and geniuses.

Meanwhile, Gen 2 was an emergency deployment during a desperate fight that probably didn't last more than a few days, a week at most, and never piloted again until over 2 years later.
>>
>>13719776
>Canon
Did you totally skip past DA?
>Akira
Thats why Gen 2 sucks
>>
>>13719793
>never piloted again until over 2 years later.
Do we know this for 100%
I know Soushi says "my first shared pain in over 4 years", but the Fafners could have conceivably operated in some capacity in the intervening time, even if its unlikely.
>>
>>13719812
>Did you totally skip past DA?
Follow the chain, dude
>>13719413
>She has zero piloting feats throughout Exodus anon
>Exodus

And no, I didn't >>13719730
>Drei cut its way out of a Leviathan-type in DA's finale
>>
>>13719814
Either Hiroto or Akira mentioned Exodus being the first battle in two years, if I recall.

So like the other anon said, they just lacked the experience. Most of them got hit pretty hard with extreme altered consciousness early on too.
>>
>>13719821
>Either Hiroto or Akira mentioned Exodus being the first battle in two years, if I recall.
Ok, I think I remember now. Was it in the medical room?
>>
>>13719821
I don't like the altered conciousness thing, like it's saying you're not really you.
>>
>>13719833
>it's saying you're not really you.
When you're piloting a Fafner, no, you aren't.
>>
>>13719793
>more than a few days, a week at most

I really do wonder about that. They said a substitute could work for a few weeks, and then we see Seri almost getting assimilated before Akane stepped in. Although that was probably because Nicht almost crushed the core pod and reduced "a few weeks" to "right away".
>>
File: Exodus02.png (480KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Exodus02.png
480KB, 1280x720px
>>13719824
Looks like in the cockpit, actually.

So yeah really none of the gen 2 kids piloted all that long before Exodus. It's not like in DA which lasted a decent length of time.
>>
>>13719817
I did, Canon has plenty of piloting feats without needing any powers man.
>>
>>13719847
In Exodus? Not really. She stabs a weakened Walker, but that's really it. Everything else can be attributed to her getting glimpses of the future.
>>
>>13719864
It doesn't have to be in Exodus, the previous anon said exodus because Seri never piloted in DA and spent the biggest fight in H&E in a red vat.
>>
>>13719864
Anonymous, you're ignoring the fact that she managed to survive solo for close to 16+ hours of non-stop combat in the future.

Since dying was shown to auto eject you from the future vision and we were told she wasn't being shown any futures past that point in the end.

Solo fighting against hordes of Festum, without being able to abuse future sight and no support whatsoever.
>>
Alright, be real here. Who actually liked the coloring of the original synergetic suits? Grey and pink just looks so bad.

I'm glad they changed it in H&E.
>>
>>13720089
They have a goofy sort of appeal. Like pink is so ridiculous it's actually charming.

But it does make sense to have a more generic single type of suit like they ended up getting.
>>
>>13719430
It only goes up hill from here
>>
>>13719836
>Seri's Seriz were already big when she was a little kid

On a serious note though I think it's because Misaou's Mir was directly invading the island at that moment (the giant crystal pillar comming from the sky) and their own Mir was getting assimilated.
>>
>>13720089
Yeah the new colors look way better
>>
>>13719290
>That's probably referring to this bit from the official timeline,
>The Mark Ein's pilot dies in an accident during training.
Is there more than one official timeline? The one in Exodus' website doesn't say anything about Mark Eins' pilot dying.
>>
>>13720534
Check the pastebin in the OP. The Japanese site has a more thorough timeline that an anon kindly translated.
>>
File: fafner chrono.jpg (43KB, 1085x229px) Image search: [Google]
fafner chrono.jpg
43KB, 1085x229px
>>13720546
Anon must have made a mistake then, because the line they translated as "Mark Eins' pilot dies during training" merely states that Yumi and Ryo died. That, or the Japanese timeline was incorrect and it has been edited since then.
>>
>>13720590
Even in the expanded info bits when you click on some sections? A few of those look like links.

Not that I'm doubting you, but that makes me question the entire timeline translation now.

Though it would make a lot more sense of they were talking about the Zero in RoL, continuity-wise. Surprised it was even thought of at that point, but hey Akira was in DA, so Tow's gonna Tow.
>>
Anyone ever come across a clean version of the image that was used with that CG Magazine?
>>
anyone know the ost that plays during this part?
>>
>>13720103
male and female suits come in different shades >>13716447
>>
>>13720646
The expanded info bits are the same in both versions. The 2144 entry is the only one that talks about Mk. Ein's pilot, and it's just what we already know from watching the show: Soushi was supposed to pilot it but he couldn't because of his injured eye.
I skimmed through it and the rest of anon's translation seems fine. The official English version is not incorrect, either, just very awkwardly worded and with some poorly romanized names that might lead to confusion.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>13719026
These ones.
>>
>>13721367
/faf/ is REALLY filled with girls wow
>>
File: 1449883361292.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449883361292.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
>>13721186
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdjYPxFMi7c
>>
This was one of my favorite scenes from the series.
>>
File: Forest.jpg (538KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Forest.jpg
538KB, 1280x720px
>>13723188
Yeah, it was really, really cool.
>>
>>13723195
Did you like this pottery?
>>
File: Green and yellow.jpg (515KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Green and yellow.jpg
515KB, 1280x1440px
>>13723399
>>
Why was Tsubaki the core again?
>>
>>13723442
Her pregnant mom got assimilated and they just happened to have an idea in mind for melding a human with Mir.
>>
File: HE3.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
HE3.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Anyone else find these two a little odd? Now that the movie and Exodus have come and gone with them around.

They're fine characters, and I like Ian for giving Tamotsu a friend, but they never get much attention and are rarely even addressed by name onscreen. Giving some of the former Human Army characters central roles is great, and it makes sense some would even become part of the core Alvis staff, but we sure don't know a thing about them in proportion to their screentime.
>>
>>13724547
Just extra side peeps for Hazamilf and Fumihiko's harems
>>
>>13724590
>you will never be part of Youko's harem
It hurts.
>>
>>13724636
Would it truly be worth it though? Almost everything she's ever loved has died after all.
>>
>>13724660
>that voice
>those hips
It'd be worth any price.
>>
What if Maya realizes how much she loved Soushi only after he dies and becomes a shota?
>>
>>13724717
/ss/
>>
>>13724717
It could happen, in the same universe where Fafner is a school comedy harem that goes dark and depressing on its final season.
>>
>>13724746
Fafner: Heaven & Earth's Feel
"You will know true suffering"
>>
>>13724752
Is this the one where we finally get to make Lindwurmslut jokes?
>>
>>13724752
We believed in happy endings. We were wrong. Soukyuu Gakuen Fafner ~Heaven and Earth's feel~ We were here.
>>
>>13724746
>New Fafner announced
>Slice-of-life romcom
>Seri is the main character
>As series goes on, more stuff starts looking out of place
>Contradictions everywhere
>It was a dream world the Mir created for her
>Seri wakes up
>Island rises
>End of season
>>
File: steven-universe-01.jpg (77KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
steven-universe-01.jpg
77KB, 600x450px
So Soushi 2.0 is a combination of a human and a rock space alien, raised by three immortal space rock aliens.

I wish I'd never had this thought.
>>
>>13724861
>Seri is the main character
I like it
>>
File: JFMSU.jpg (91KB, 577x415px) Image search: [Google]
JFMSU.jpg
91KB, 577x415px
>>13724861
>>It was a dream world the Mir created for her
>>
I have some questions about the Fafner Weapons:

1) Presumably all the Nothungs have pistols and knives as standard equipment yet it seems the "Machine Gun" is standard as well. However, it seems inconsistent with what the Fafner is shown to have (Most notably with the ones with Aegis Shields) and it varies from being a sub-machine gun or a rifle. Which one is it referring to?

2) Is there any functional difference between the Gundrake and the Luger Lance? All I can see is one has a trigger while the other doesn't. As far as I can tell they are both can pierce the enemy and shoot from the inside, and both can also be used for ranged attacks so it seems redundant.

3) My memory of DA is a little hazy, but since when could the Aegis Shields actually fire ranged attacks? I admit I like this upgrade.

4) What up Zwolf's horn? It looks like a head mounted Luger Lance and can even shoot ranged attacks, but it apparently it makes a conical barrier around it too.

5) I do remember back in DA that the Nothungs also had laser guns. As in actual lasers that shoot red beams of light as opposed to beams. Whatever happened to those?
>>
>>13726806
1. The rifle and the machine gun are different weapons. I believe they just switch them up depending on what the pilot feels like using.

2. Preference for the pilot. It depends on the fighting style of the pilot entirely. The Luger Lance offers more range when fighting up close with a Festum and can also be used as a blunt weapon. To use the Gundrakes piercing functions you either have to get uncomfortably close to the Festum or pull off crazy shit like Sui.

3. New to Exodus. Just to show that the tech has kept growing.

4. Designed specifically for Seri because her love of Stag Beetles went so far as to be reflected in her piloting. It's just an Aegis shield made to form a point like the Brunhilde System jets Tsubaki/Orihime control. It was basically designed around the following plan
1. The pilot will headbutt the enemy
2. The shield is there to protect the pilot while they charge at the enemy
3. The head mounted Luger Lance is there so that once she has headbutted the enemy she can blast it without getting assimilated

5. Don't know why they fell out of favor. They had them but perhaps just single shot tiny lasers weren't cost effective in terms of damage.
>>
>>13726806
>>13726949
I think Hiroto used it during his first sortie in H&E. Not that we ever see him fire a shot aside from when he shoots upwards in celebration of their first victory.
>>
>>13726806
What video game is this?
>>
>>13726806
Speaking of weapons, how many of these have we not seen?
>>
Starting the series with the ova, I have a question, extra foods & weapons were hidden from everyone such that Festum can't read their minds & figure out their tactics, but if Maya's crippled dad was gonna be on the L-boat too can't they just read his & figure everything out?
>>
>>13727712
Yumi's dad, you mean.

And yeah presumably, which makes the whole thing a little odd. But we have no way of knowing how things could have gone, maybe he had some crazy self-hypnosis shit planned, because technology exists for that in the series.
>>
>>13727724
It's really strange that Alvis decide to hide the alien invasion from the islanders until the series begin and then gave up that whole charade. Going so far as to use hypnotics to secretly train the pilots. Wonder how they do all those hypnosis?
>>
>>13727712
>Maya's crippled dad
That's not Maya anon.
>>
>>13727684
I recall seeing all of these except the gelation bullet and the fire drake. We might have seen those, but I can't remember them.
>>
Zwolf's head weapon is called Shotgun Horn
>>
File: Family.png (3MB, 1000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
Family.png
3MB, 1000x1688px
If we do get any kind of continuation, I hope this scene is a sign of things to come.

Orihime and Soushi almost felt more like siblings than he and Tsubaki did, but it still couldn't work out. Soushi2 and whoever the next core ends up being deserve that normal life of peace. This scene was right after Orihime foresaw what would happen to Soushi, so I have hope that was intentional.
>>
>>13728145
We only saw Orihime's tank flash to gold so how do we know she's really a baby?
>>
>>13728323
She said she was going to return her life to the island, and asked Fumihiko to welcome the next core. We don't have any reason to assume that didn't happen, it's just that nobody was around to see it, unlike Tsubaki.

Right to the end she was still crying alone. I swear Orihime was the real champ of that finale.
>>
>>13706216
More often than not, this type of shot isn't really a "callback" as much as it's Xebec background artists tracing over pictures from the same artbook they have lying around in the office.
>>
Wow, I'm reading the Fafner novel now and, while it does elaborate on some stuff, it also changes so much else that I'm not sure how well it meshes with anime continuity.
>>
>>13730218
Yeah it's not really supposed to, seems like more of an alternate take.

It does have a lot of interesting ideas that didn't get used for the anime though, like the kids all having a unique ability. I think the Nibelung marks were even mentioned in it.
>>
>>13730506
Also talks about the R-complex "dark floor" being responsible for altered consciousness.

I guess I'm inclined to believe that anything that doesn't directly contradict the anime could fit into it. The bit about why Shoko got the Mk. Sechs was interesting too.
>>
>>13731293
>I guess I'm inclined to believe that anything that doesn't directly contradict the anime could fit into it.
Yeah this is basically my take on it, anything that could fit cleanly. If I remember right they expanded on the hypnosis put on all the kids too, with the various security levels in place. Which RoL at least sort of touched on, and I feel like DA alluded to without really getting into it.

But otherwise a lot of it, while just as worthwhile, is totally incompatible with the anime. Soushi for example might as well be a different person in the novel.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.