[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Tomino trying to kill Gundam during Victory?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: vic.png (781KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
vic.png
781KB, 1366x768px
Was Tomino trying to kill Gundam during Victory?
>>
File: my balls, they're gone.jpg (54KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
my balls, they're gone.jpg
54KB, 704x480px
>>13687105

Why do you think that? It makes sense why zanscare fears the gundam. It's a symbol of power just like their guillotine and historically, gundams always win. Once people start to believe they can oppose zanscare, their facade of power crumbles. Similar to cosmo babylonia and the jupiter empire, they weren't actually that powerful.
>>
>>13687105

If he honestly thought he could kill a franchise with that kind of momentum behind it with a single bad tv series he's kind of stupid. He might have been taking his personal problems out on the production but I doubt he was ever thinking "I'm going to kill the franchise by doing this".
>>
Nah that was G
>>
>>13687105
No, that was Turn A and good thing SEED and Destiny stopped that shit.
>>
Honestly, it's impossible to be sure.

Yeah, you have a bunch of stuff that seemed like deliberate sabotage (the Shrike Team, mass-produced Gundam, the DVD commentary telling people not to watch this show, literally pants-on-head retarded end plot, and especially the way that a bunch of characters die), but all of that could also be explained as standard Tomino fare.
>>
>>13687105
I wish he did
>>
>>13687302
Victory is an interesting case.

You really can't be sure what the hell constitutes as good or bad in Tomino's head.
In fact if nobody had told me, that he was apparently trying to get fired, I'd have said that his writing actually kinda improved since ZZ and CCA.
>>
>>13687105
You mean ZZ
>>
>>13687105
So should i just skip V gundam?
>>
>>13687363
No, it's leagues better than ZZ and there are a few people who prefer it to Zeta.

Tomino isn't a good judge of his own work.

If he had the possibility he'd travel back in time and kill himself before he got into the anime industry, because I think he hates everything he's ever done.
>>
>>13687363
Yes, watch SEED instead if you haven't already. It's actually a lot better than Victory, believe it or not, and I think everyone here will agree with me.
>>
>>13687363
No its one of the best actually, darkest and most morbid beautiful gundam with a beautiful classical score.

It only has a few "wtf, why?" moments
>>
>>13687379
>watch SEED
>I think everyone here will agree with me.

Nope
>>
>>13687378
If anything, he'd pull a jihad on either the Sunrise or Bandai president. Preferably if said president is an old guy.
>>
>>13687174
Came here to post this. I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking such things anymore.
>>
>>13687363
No. Don't skip ANYTHING. Watch it all, even if it's shit. At least you'll know WHY it's shit, and you'll be able to discuss it better.
>>
>>13687105
This scene struck a cord with me.
It's as though the name "Gundam" has become so well known throughout the Earth Sphere that the mere mention of it's name brings up bad memories of the past.
>>
>>13687410
I loved in Turn A how they said Gundam was the ultimate enemy of Spacenoids. Thunderbolt is nice seeing how the Gundam is strictly propaganda and how the Zeeks initially lost their shit.
>>
File: uso erwin.png (148KB, 550x388px) Image search: [Google]
uso erwin.png
148KB, 550x388px
>>13687105
Yes actually,IIRC Tomino was mad about the whole Banrise situation and depressed as well and was intentionally trying to sabotage the show. This is why Victory had such a dark tone but,I don't know whether it was planned to be a happier type of Gundam show because the music and art style used throughout definitely invoke more of a hopeful,happy and even childish emotion.
>>
>>13687481
There are quite a few very emotional tracks in the series though, and I don't think the OST is at all inappropriate for what Victory ended up being. During a lot of the fights the OST is also very tense and helps make them that much better, the soundtrack is very underrated, just like the show.
>>
>>13687515
Yeah,I loved the soundtrack as well but, for some reason hearing it alone makes me feel like it should be in some comfy jrpg
>>
Where does this sabotage meme come from? I did not get that impression after watching victory. I think tomino made a more serious gundam show. If anything, he regrets making it so serious.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.