[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kamen Rider Ghost 12

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 46

File: KAIGAN.jpg (60KB, 648x366px) Image search: [Google]
KAIGAN.jpg
60KB, 648x366px
http://over-ti.me/releases/kamen-rider-ghost-12/
>>
File: GhostTransform12.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
GhostTransform12.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
File: Javel is still strong.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Javel is still strong.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>
File: Dedghost.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Dedghost.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>
File: Boost Transform.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Boost Transform.webm
3MB, 640x360px
https://a.uguu.se/pwxtpl.webm
>>
File: Blocking.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Blocking.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>
File: Sunglasses.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Sunglasses.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
File: BoostRiderKick.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
BoostRiderKick.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
Has it been said that Specter was resurrected in exchange for his service to the Gamma? Because it seems like this happened.
>>
>that Boost music

Damn that's good but we keep getting blueballed on insert songs.
>>
Aran looks like a cool guy
>>
I was afraid that they would botch the death thing, but it was handled nice enough. Rather cliched, but nice enough.

Also does Akari just live at the temple

Think there's any pre-death hanky-panky?
>>
>>13683671
she stayed there to research the monolith and save Takeru's life
>>
Akari a cute
>>
I'm starting to really hate the show now. Not even Wizard dragged bullshit on and on like this.
>>
>>13683812
Are you literally insane? The story in Ghost is the fastest Kamen Rider had in years, maybe ever.
>>
With the way Takeru's father, Ryu, telling him to gather the souls/hearts of the 15 heroes and unite them, I wonder that was meant instead of there wishing feature but for the Grateful Damashii form Ghost will acquire?
>>
>>13683812
Except they've already resolved a whole plot arc?

If this was Wizard we'd be in like Episode 38 before they even addressed the Kanon thing.
>>
>>13683812
Except Ghost has the exact opposite problem
>>
>>13683825
>>13683845
>>13683848

I'm not saying nothing happened. I'm saying it's dragging on things that shouldn't be issues at all.

The fast pace was something I loved about the pilot, but everything that has happened so far feels extremely unimportant. Takeru not meeting the deadline didn't matter, Eyecons just spread back after granting wishes, Spectre's betrayal of Aran only resulted in "next time we'll be enemies" bullshit as opposed to dealing with a confessed traitor there and then, Saionji studied the Eyecons for over a decade but didn't know shit about how you needed a belt to activate the thing despite knowing everything else and collaborating with the prince of Ganmas, Javel died over the sentai troupe of a general leaving a subordinate behind to do something else.

Nothing so far really mattered.
>>
>>13683865
Javel's coming back
>>
>>13683865
>Nothing so far really mattered.
Gaim wasn't really doing anything until the INVES ARE PEOPLE tweest, which was around 12 or so IIRC, and remember that time in Drive when Chase got re-brainwashed and they fucked around with the same shit a second time?
>>
Great, all the form changes are pointless now I guess... Not that it's gonna stop them from using them, and even the "Ore" form because GOTTA SELL THAT FUCKING BUNDLE.
>>
>>13683878
to be fair, that form looks fucking dope
>>
>>13683877
Gaim's twist was obvious from the get-go and all actions had consequences.

Chase's shit was absolute bullshit too, granted.
>>
>>13683886
>Gaim's twist was obvious from the get-go and all actions had consequences.
Gaim's twist was obvious but the characters didn't know it.

And most of the consequences for actions were only apparent after the first arc was over.
>>
File: heded.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
heded.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>13683884
It does, but Toei is gonna run out of Gasoline at this rate.

Also they've literally done the same plot as Fourze, except in 12 episodes instead of 38 with the main rider dying for about 3 minutes and then coming back, coinciding with becoming friends with the former butthead 2nd rider.
>>
>>13683812
I'm sorry, what?

We've established now that there are a minimum of five factions in play: Takeru and the Paranormal Research Institute trying to collect the Eyecons for Takeru and stopping the Ganma when they can, Sage and Yurusen supporting Takeru for reasons that may or may not be nefarious and openly not giving a damn about whether other people get hurt along the way or not, the bulk of the Ganma led by Aran's as-yet-unseen father and brother, Aran himself with his own plans that are related to theirs but not strictly identical, including his interest in what they're hiding from him about the Eyecons, and Saionji with his plan to collect the Eyecons to become a god, which seemingly failed but I wouldn't count him out of the show entirely just yet.

We also have Makoto, who was originally working with Aran but now is drifting slowly towards working with Takeru instead, something that visibly upset Aran and gave him a personal reason to want Takeru dead for real.

We established that even when Takeru defeats the Ganma of the week, sometimes they're successful in having first established the giant seals that Aran is setting up and that he doesn't want to use right now, in fact he got really pissed at Javel for using one and thus wasting weeks of effort. Javel clearly had no idea that Aran was saving them for something, further proof that he's not exactly aligned with his family.

We covered that there's still plenty we don't know about the Eyecons, and the few people who do seem to know everything aren't telling. We've seen that they still have sentience of a sort, able to communicate with Takeru as the jackets, and that this may be related to Takeru's dad saying he needs to show them the future. Javel knew significantly more than Aran about them, and felt uncomfortable about Aran studying them.
>>
>>13683922
>Sage and Yurusen supporting Takeru for reasons that may or may not be nefarious and openly not giving a damn about whether other people get hurt along the way or not

That's what we believe the Foundation in OOO was like, and then nothing ever happened. If you believe KR writers really have a plan that's great but it's wishless thinking.
>>
>>13683932
Kougami had a plan, he just had to abandon it because of Maki's. His plan was to forcefeed Eiji a shitload of Cell Medals to make him basically all-powerful. What his plan was after that, if anything, we never got to see because Eiji used up all those Cell Medals on that uberswing that didn't work.
>>
>>13683932
This.

But sure, let's pretend five factions of people who definitely have no idea what's happening, be it about Takeru's lifespan, what it takes to use the Eyecons with the sky thing, why Spectre made a deal... that all this really matters and isn't going to get rewritten halfway like Kamen Rider shows always are.
>>
>>13683878

He can combine Boost with them... maybe. We've seen a set picture with Boost + the Robin Hood jacket being held by the production crew.
>>
>>13683932
Well, in this case we got them blatantly disliking his use of power to save someone else. Kougami was always portrayed as dubious, but never had a comparable negative scene like that.
>>
File: dbru.png (1MB, 1283x720px) Image search: [Google]
dbru.png
1MB, 1283x720px
Even Onari knows that they're basically Dragonballs.
>>
The things they do to make a children's TV show come to life.
>>
>>13684115

I expected to hate Onari at first but he's been a really fun character.
>>
I was really hoping takeru would become makoto's new form when he talked about protecting them in his stead. But, i guess death really can't stick around in kamen rider no moe.
>>
File: KamenRiderBoostGoemon.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
KamenRiderBoostGoemon.png
2MB, 1600x900px
So Ghost can stack Boost with Eyecons? Or is Boost his new base form?

I haven't seen any spoilers about Ghost so I don't know if this is old news
>>
>>13684238
As far as we know, only Goemon, Ryoma, and Himiko use the Boost base... For some reason.

He might be able to use other jackets with Boost too, but we haven't seen that yet.
>>
Ghost has been great so far, I really love how the plot's moving along with no signs of slowing down. I do hope Takeru actually comes back to life after this set of 99 days, presumably when he gets Grateful, and not another extension, I thought it worked well enough this time, but it'd be bullshit to do it twice, especially after Fourze and Drive doing basically the same thing.

I also really liked Takeru basically coming to terms with his fate, and instead trying to make his friends happy by making memories with them with what time he had left.

>>13684249
It'd be weird to have him use his regular base form for some while only using Boost for others, but at the same time it'd also be weird for the main Rider to just stop using his base form altogether after just Episode 12. Another thing is that while Boost looks cool by itself, it doesn't work nearly as well as an undersuit for the other forms as regular Ore did.
>>
>>13683569
The Ganma probably "saved" him and Kanon when they got sent there.

>>13683578
Fingers are crossed for the bgm from episode 9

>>13684238
Could be either. There was a location photo that had Boost with no jacket and a staff member holding Robin Hood but we don't know if he wore it.

>>13684317
One thing I've found very good about how Ghost handled itself was it taking the time to have all the non Rider characters be relevant, Akari and Onari was of course the bulk of Takeru's help but you still had Narita and Shibuya pitch in, giving them a place in the story rather than just having them as background pieces.
>>
>>13684238
We've seen a production shot with Boost and the staff holding the Robin Hood jacket. Nothing is officially confirmed about Boost using the older Eyecons though, only upcoming ones.
>>
>>13683790

I almost thought that Takeru wouldn't show up in the picture.
>>
>>13684326
Yeah, I really liked how these last couple episodes even Narita and Shibuya have been proving themselves useful and not just constantly in the background. I really liked the scene with Takeru taking the picture with the whole group this episode.

The Episode 9 fight bgm was top notch. While I'd like some insert songs, the soundtrack has been so good I'm hardly missing them.
>>
>>13683959

Well, Goemon and Ryoma have to specifically be used by Boost. Hopefully they don't end up outclassing his other forms for physical/gunner stats.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-29-19h37m57s133.png (992KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-29-19h37m57s133.png
992KB, 1280x720px
>"Makoto, is there anything we can do for Takeru?"
>Makoto proceeds to go to Comiket
>>
File: 5.jpg (200KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
200KB, 640x360px
>>13684348
Exactly, it feels like a group. If we could get to the point where the current events gives them a little more importance, if even for an episode it would be great.

>>13684350
With the sheer power difference Boost have it's almost inevitable.

Base:
■身長:204.0cm
■体重:96.0kg
■パンチ力:5.5t
■キック力:10.0t
■ジャンプ力:ひと跳び42.0m
■走力:100mを5.8秒

Boost:
■身長:204.0cm
■体重:111.0kg
■パンチ力:8.8t
■キック力:13.0t
■ジャンプ力:ひと跳び43.0m
■走力:100mを5.4秒

It could be circumvented if the previous forms can be used on Boost. It would also be about damn time a power-up actually became permanent but seeing as he still uses his base form in episode 13 it could still go either way.
>>
>>13684317
I kind of wonder if they'll implement some kind of limitation to Boost. Like every time he uses it, it eats an extra day out of his next 99, or something.
>>
>>13684381
Unless for some reason they can't use the original they'll keep using it, at least as long as they are using it as the de facto look for Ghost, and sell the toy.
>>
>>13684387
who knows, boost is actually Tenkuuji Sr's soul, not Takeru's...

they might use that as a plot point...
>>
>>13684387
I suppose a limitation is possible, I doubt it'd be eating away at his days though. They seem to be trying to keep the shows events roughly happening at real world time, and I imagine this 99 days will be resolved once he gets Grateful, which should be around the start of the third quarter.
>>
File: kakugo.jpg (215KB, 640x1439px) Image search: [Google]
kakugo.jpg
215KB, 640x1439px
I made a thing.
>>
>>13684437
That's a pretty ok thing you've made.
>>
>>13684437

I chuckled a bit.
>>
>>13684437
Remove the last picture and change the filename to "allahu ackbar"
>>
>>13683505
Can we get a sound version of this one too, maybe including the last bit where Javel's Eyecon breaks?
>>
>>13684466
There's one in the Toku thread on /wsg/.
>>
>>13684354
Assuming those are Grimm and Sanzo, can we also assume his brother is Necrom?
>>
File: Waterfall Training.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Waterfall Training.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>13684466
https://a.uguu.se/tdcuvw.webm

Anything else people want covered?
>>
>>13684465
開眼! ムハンマド!
アッラー! アクバー!
ピースのリリジャン!
>>
Oh sweet he made a new Rider Heaven vid
>>
Is there a MEGA link up?
>>
>>13684502
Why not Aran himself? At the moment he seems to be the most likely user of Necrom.
>>
>>13684648
You could always have someone else be the user and then Aran steals it from them to betray out of differing ideals until we get a partnership with Makoto and Takeru.
>>
>>13683922
>which seemingly failed but I wouldn't count him out of the show entirely just yet.

Flowers, sport.
>>
>>13685014
Getting flowers just means his actor's gone. If he comes back it'll obviously be as some kind of super-Ganma.
>>
>>13685025

Which would probably need to be voiced for any sort of respectable plot point to be made of it.
>>
>>13683843
Huh?
>>
>>13685031
He can still be voiced, you don't get flowers when you're done with ADR. You get them on the last day you'll be filming on set.
>>
>>13684011
Fucking WHAT!?! Are you serious, they're just messing with us at this point
>>
>>13683505
This is very Kuuga.
>>
>>13685130
<3 Kug
>>
I think I just heard the Hikari Studio Painting Unravel Sound Thing when Sage appeared (around 21 minutes in) Am I hearing things?
>>
>>13683878
Final Form already? So soon? Is this show 24 episodes?
>>
>>13684648
Secondaries seem to always be new characters when they're introduced.
>>
>>13685605
Not even close to final form. This is the Dead Heat / Jinba Lemon equivalent, we still have at least one more form to go with Grateful and maybe even something beyond that.
>>
I feel like Necrom might be a guy whose job it is to seek out and punish traitors amongst the Ganma, which is why Aran and Javel were giving Makoto warnings about his betrayal.
>>
>>13684521
They look like they're having so much fun! Imagine the director that day:
"OK boys, go stand under that waterfall and scream for a bit."
>>
>>13685715
True enough, but that doesn't mean Ghost will necessarily follow that pattern. Plus, Necrom isn't the secondary, even if he's showing up around the time for them.
>>
>>13683482
>Duuuude weed
And I'm referring to Takeru's eyebags.
>>
File: ghOSTtOYSCOMINGSOON.jpg (54KB, 640x333px) Image search: [Google]
ghOSTtOYSCOMINGSOON.jpg
54KB, 640x333px
>>13685605
Grateful is the Kachidoki and the Formula of Ghost. Both Ghost and Specter will get a final form.
>>
>>13685736
How is he not the secondary? Sure, Specter fits the role a lot more, but Necrom looks like he'll be the equivalent to guys like Mach and the Energy Riders. Necrom gets a new transformation device and the toyline's second belt is going to Ghost.
>>
>Dead
>Was alive again so he can do the same shit all over again for 99 days
>Specter started to become a bro again
>Becomes a stuck up douche once Ghost is alive again.

Oh man, The last few episodes is the one i think it's started to get good. But not it took a sudden crash down...
>>
>>13685909
I know. I'm so close to dropping this.
>>
I'm sure sage and yurusen are good guys, don't know why some would think they have ulterior motives.
Aran would probably be a good guy in the end too.
He would be giving Makoto something to focus on after getting his sister back.
>>
>>13685909
>>Becomes a stuck up douche once Ghost is alive again.

Nah, he's just doing that bullshit acting distant thing because of whatever he has to deal with now that he betrayed the Ganma.
>>
>>13685941
Then just fucking drop it.
>>
>>13685953
>waah just express positive opinions kr can do no wrong
I've probably been watching this for longer than you because I've been doing it since I was a kid and I'm fucking old. I'm not telling you to drop it, just that it's not living up to standards in my opinion.
>>
Fuck you, Toei.
>>
>>13686010
They already have almost all of them, there's three months next year to introduce three Eyecons and show off Houdini, which Makoto already has and just hasn't used because reasons.
>>
>>13686015
Assuming they don't lose any when Necrom shows up.
>>
>Shit, we resolved the plot too fast.
>Oh I know! Why don't we just restart the eyecon chase from scratch?
>Fucking genius! Jenkins you're getting a half yen raise, keep this up and you might even be discounted from this year's intern pit lottery.
>>
>>13686020
This Jenkins guy keeps popping up around these parts. I don't like him. How do we get Konami to lock him away in the pachinko mines? Jenkins and John Toei need to go.
>>
Why do they think rushing a whole fucking arc in a episode is a good idea again?
>>
I wonder what happened to Saionji's 2 magic briefcases.

That one with the eyecon magnet could be very useful.
>>
File: Soralol.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Soralol.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>13684465
>>13684531
>>
>>13686025
"Sir, the internet is telling us our shows can take a bit too long to develop the plot."
"Rush it then!"
"What do we do with the remaining episode slots?"
"Just repeat whatever was done in the early ones, they'll eat it up!"
>>
>>13686035
>they'll eat it up

Judging by this thread, Jenkins was right again.
>>
This show have some people keeping secrets from each other, so does Makoto know that Aran is creating ganma gates, possibly for an invasion?
>>
>>13683482
Damn, that explosion was so fucking cool.
Like, not just the concept of your upgrade's first henshin being literally explosive, but also the editting and effects were pretty spot on. Well done and impactful.
>>
>Your used up your 99 days, but we'll give you 99 more, just don't do it again or else!

Fuck off, Sage. Why should anyone listen to you anymore?
>>
>>13686125
Yeah...it kinda undoes takeru's sacrifice for Specter's imouto. They should've done an Ultraman Nexus. Have the Ghost driver being passed off to Onari or something.
>>
>>13686653
Would be funny if what happened in Ultraman Ace happened in Kamen Rider W.
>>
>>13686125
I don't understand why they aren't more hostile against this prick. He seems like a jerk.

Although I hope there'll be some kinda repercussion for getting another 99 days, maybe something to do with Ryu's ghost?
>>
>>13686653
Or at least have him gone for more than 90 seconds. Didnt even have a chance to miss him before he was back
>>
>>13686708
>I don't understand why they aren't more hostile against this prick. He seems like a jerk.
What are they meant to do? They need his help
>>
>>13686738
>They need his help

They really don't though. Especially now. They know they need a belt and all 15 eyecons to get a wish, and to do the eye thing in front of the monolith.
Sage is useless now. Same for Yurusen. They've served their purpose of being piss poor toy advertisements and can now disappear for good.
>>
The Rider gang are too lucky in this show.
I mean a bad guy can totally succeed taking off all the eyecons from riders and a monster general and somehow it's still Takeru who gets the wish.
>>
>>13686750
Before now he'd straight up tell them what eyecon of the week they'd be getting, even now
>Gives them the gizmos that make up the weapons for new forms
>Calls the Ghostricker and Iguana
>Obviously knows a ton about what's going on

And despite how they're kind of pricks, they've never really done anything that wasnt in their best interests. There's no reason to tell them to fuck off
>>
I think the sage can't risk telling Takeru a lot of stuff, because Takeru is a chosen one destined to do a certain thing and him knowing certain things may throw a spanner in his development.
The sage is lucky that Takeru and gang are taking it in stride and not pushing him though.
>>
>>13686801
As it seems, its tenkuuji sr. who believes takeru is destined to something big with the eyecons, given sage's reactions to takerus return (including choking yurusen) it seems he was gonna to prepare to search for another fool to take takerus place.

Though, its intriguing the sage met tenkuuji sr. before, and he knew it was him who revived takeru.
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-30+at+12.13.57).jpg (120KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-30+at+12.13.57).jpg
120KB, 1920x1080px
That bass line

The music for this show is so fucking awesome.
>>
>>13685774

If I'm reading this right, Specter gets his own Necrom Eyecon to use. Don't tell me they're doing the "secondary's upgrade is a hand me down" thing three seasons in a row.
>>
>>13683922
>I wouldn't count him out of the show entirely just yet.
You must be new. In Japan an actor is given flowers once his time on the show is done. Saionji has recieved his flowers now that his character is dead and he is no longer needed. For comparison, Gabi Raizou died in Ninninger but the actor wasn't given flowers because as seen Gabi Raizou has returned to the show and thus his VA isn't done with his job yet.
>>
>>13687042

Baron got Lemon because of his unexpected popularity. The Lebaron suit was a rush job from some extra Baron and Duke bits they had.

Mach got Dead Heat because of his unexpected UNpopularity. Only the fight with Piss Drive brought him back and even then he used a kitbash.

So for Specter to get his own unique suit, he has to be exactly in the middle?
>>
>>13687052
>Mach got Dead Heat because of his unexpected UNpopularity.
No, that was always planned even before his debut, just like Spectre getting the Nekrom Eyecon and this upcoming final form after it.
>>
>>13685069
>you don't get flowers when you're done with ADR
>implying voice actors don't get followers
>>
>>13687042
Gaim didn't do that...
>>
>>13687116
I guess he means Lemon Energy.
>>
>>13687127
Oh, that.

Gaim had so many fruits but it seems like they barely used any of them in an attempt at keeping all the Armored Riders recognizable.
>>
File: You're gun get Mahhaed.png (448KB, 688x1012px) Image search: [Google]
You're gun get Mahhaed.png
448KB, 688x1012px
>>13686653
Man, why does it look like Onari has wings composed of Akari and Kiriko's asses in that picture.
>>
>AKARI AND TAKERU HOLD HANDS
LITERALLY DATING , HAVING SEX, FUCKING AND ALL.
>>
>>13687154
They couldn't use the Arms freely because part of the fruity bit is one-piece with rider's under-suit. Here, you can see them...taping up Ryugen's under-suit bits so that it would look nice on Zangetsu.

It's also how fans could tell that Baron Lemon Energy was a kitbash. His chest had bits of Duke's black under-suit

Not sure the Ghost's hoodie prop works and if it's truly interchangeable.
>>
>>13687205
but no sex jacket
>>
>just watched the episode

God damn the part where Onari and Akari are having a breakdown the day before the deadline nearly made ME cry.
>>
>>13687591
When Takeru survived, did you feel relieved or did your tears retract back into your tear ducts?
>>
>>13687596
Why can't they keep a rider dead for even half an episode?
>>
>>13687596

I already was spoilered for him coming back, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't tear up a little regardless.
>>
>>13687154
They stopped using most of them because once the Genesis Riders showed up the only thing that mattered in a fight was if you were a Genesis Rider or not. If you had a Sonic Arrow you were going to be able to beat the shit out of anyone without one unless you were a god of war like Takatora.
>>
How are Ghost and Drive series compare to Gaim? Is this series better than Gaim?
>>
>>13687657
Which seems like dumb planning. It's nice that they actually at least somewhat considered power levels, but all the cool unique weapons got supplanted by everyone using the same dumb bow with an arrow glued to it.
>>
>>13687695
I remember back in the good ol' days when I thought Sid was going to have some sort of powerful non-fruit based trump card form.
Instead Sonic Arrows everywhere.
>>
>>13687693
This series is by far the best of Neo-heisei rider followed by Gaim and Drive, not to mention it's only just episode 12
>>
>>13687693
None of the characters are any interesting, and despite the show having a very brisk pace it feels like it's going from cliché to cliché, with the young survivor hero and his criminally retarded rival who does nothing but yell and scream about pride. Episode 11 was really good and had a great 2 on 1 battle, but then episode 12 was mostly just boring scenes of people crying and talking about life followed by the main character dying for a minute and coming back with the first major upgrade.

I think it's one of the worst form changing gimmicks I've ever seen. Forms are changed for almost no reason at all, but just to change. There seems to be no implication that it's more effective, or to keep the enemy on their feet, but just to show off as many of the toys as possible.

It might get better but at this rate it's gonna end up barely better than Wizard in my book.
>>
>>13687755
W-wow, thanks. I'm gonna drop this series then.
>>
>>13687693

Ghost is moving WAY faster than Drive was at this point, but I feel Gaim did better with making the actions of the main characters more weighty and have more real consequences.

Really, I'm kind of "eh" on Ghost at this point, but what helps is that all the characters are likeable and contribute to the events of the plot. I'm gonna keep watching if for no other reason than I'm invested in the characters and want to see what happens to them.
>>
>>13687776
Don't take my word for it, just giving my 2 cents here, but this feels like another show that is more about form changing than storytelling.

And I know that's at the heart of modern Kamen Rider, to sell toys, but it never felt this intrusive in Fourze with the switching of Switches, or Core Medals in OOO. This just feels like they gotta go from Benkei to Beethoven for really no reason. Combined with characters that aren't interesting in the slightest that makes for a show that is gonna be hard to keep interested in.
>>
>>13687879
Incidentally, I read some Twitter posts from FantasyLeader that echo what you're saying.
https://twitter.com/sentaibandicoot/status/681266231018676224
https://twitter.com/sentaibandicoot/status/681266444663975937
https://twitter.com/sentaibandicoot/status/681266618962472961
https://twitter.com/sentaibandicoot/status/681266765435957249
https://twitter.com/sentaibandicoot/status/681267071104204800
https://twitter.com/sentaibandicoot/status/681267299207221248
https://twitter.com/sentaibandicoot/status/681270460777119746
https://twitter.com/sentaibandicoot/status/681270707108593664
It's pretty depressing, when you let it all sink down.
>>
>>13687693
Drive is worth watching, though it's slow burn for the first half.

Ghost has been a slog so far. I'd hoped that they would be over it by now once the holiday toy craze was past, and it might pick up, but it hasn't yet.
>>
>>13687986
It's a new arc now, and there's not as many toys left to introduce, but hopefully the show gets going soon or I'm gonna lose my desire to continue watching. For a show that introduces the secondary rider by episode 4-5, and gets the midseason powerup by episode 12, it feels a lot, lot more plodding than it should be, probably because the main character, the main girl and the comedic sidekick are all mostly terrible, and even the occasional comedic spot is even more dry and dull than Wizard's.
>>
>>13687755
Indeed Ghost is way shittier then Gaim's I LOSE MY MOTIVATION EVERY 5 EPISODES plot.
>>
>Aran: "Javel please just don't do anything while I go off to see my brother who's probably even twink-ier than me, you really fucked up last time"
>Javel: "I fucked up? I MUST DO SOMETHING TO MAKE UP FOR THIS"
it's bad enough that Gekichopper is jobbing already
he's already at comically dumb underling tier too

Also man how is Makoto going to even get by without powerups now, Spectre + Ghost just barely beat Javel but Boost Ghost wrecked Javel by himself
>>
>>13688172
In Ghost this is happening every episode. We still barely know anything about the villains so nothing interesting there yet, and Takeru is somehow managing to be even more whitebread milquetoast cream cheese than Haruto from Wizard. Makoto is your skeletonized "dick rider", we've got our archetypes of cryptic old man, mascot, disapproving token girl, and comedic relief guy who sticks his face into the camera. It's so fucking terrible, why am I watching this.
>>
>>13688287
Akari stopped being disapproving token girl like 7-8 episodes ago, you're on point about everyone else though

and they're dripfeeding plot details, I don't see the problem with it. People keep bringing up Wizard but Ghost's actually moving faster than KR usually does, we're only 12 eps in and we're already started to get an idea of the different factions involved and the larger backstory behind everything
>>
>>13688287
You know that Gaim had Bravo?
>>
>>13688367
What about him?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-30-17h31m22s757.png (895KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-30-17h31m22s757.png
895KB, 1280x720px
Coolest weapon ever.
>>
I'm fucking done with Kamen Rider.
>>
>>13687693
Drive starts off slow and builds up into being awesome by the end.

Ghost is the opposite: it starts off way too fast in the first few episodes, like they were cramming two-episode plots into a one-episode bag. The characters start off annoying and frighteningly reminiscent of Wizard's do-nothing supporting cast. Then those first few episodes pass, and it starts getting better. Akari stops being such a one-note character, Onari starts actually doing some mentoring, Takeru finds his resolve to help others and keeps it even when he knows it's probably going to cost him his life again. Makoto shows up and the fights improve as Takeru goes from being hopelessly outclassed to gradually getting better and better at holding him off. The increase in skill extends to his other battles too, and by the time we get to Billy the Kid he's even starting to get some badass lines.

Ghost is still far from perfect, but it's growing on me more and more with each passing episode. They really are getting their shit together.
>>
File: MY BLOOOG.jpg (72KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
MY BLOOOG.jpg
72KB, 640x480px
>>13688588
>>
File: DaikiKaito2_SHTaisen.png (294KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
DaikiKaito2_SHTaisen.png
294KB, 848x480px
>>13688631
I'm fucking done with you too, cunt.
>>
>>13688803
>I'm gonna kill you, little brother
>>
File: Mighty_Glaive.jpg (44KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Mighty_Glaive.jpg
44KB, 960x540px
>>13688812
>It's treason, then. ARRORORORORRRRRORORRUUGGGGHRRRRRRRR!!
>>
So, where would Columbus, Darwin, napoleon, and the rest of the gang fit in with the story? Are they gonna be the "lost driver sounds" in this series coz they're just sticking with the original 15 now. Or will they be shoehorned as failed ghost rematerializations in the past/planned ghost for the future just like what OOO had in Megamax?
>>
>>13687693
Gaim was good, easily the best of of the three options for me.

Ghost is fast paced and pretty bad despite it. Onari is the only character that isn't a complete bore, and he's supposed to be a gag character.

Drive started out silly and slow but build up to a rather serious and heavy show, just like Kamen Rider Mach did.
>>
>>13688367
You mean a strong as fuck character with a consistent personality whose only real defect was being flamboyant?
>>
>>13688990
>will they be shoehorned as failed ghost rematerializations in the past/planned ghost for the future just like what OOO had in Megamax?

Probably somewhere along the lines of that. There's also the Summer Movie.
>>
>>13688581

Yeah, but its standby noises are even more annoying than "BACCHIRIMINA" AND "GAN GAN GAAAAAN."
>>
File: gunpherd.jpg (11KB, 256x215px) Image search: [Google]
gunpherd.jpg
11KB, 256x215px
>>13689141
>"GAN GAN GAAAAAN."
>>
File: sunako-nakahara.jpg (9KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
sunako-nakahara.jpg
9KB, 320x240px
>>13689141
"MABUSHIII! MABUSHIII!"

It's annoying but I dig it.
>>
>>13688631
Does he still have a blog?
>>
>>13688286

Houdini, then hand-me-downNecrom, which will probably be his final form a-la Dead Heat Mach.
>>
>>13689598
And Necrom is his kitbash form.
>>
>>13689598
>>13689638
>Spectre Necrom
well clearly there's something here that I've missed
>>
So is the Shiranui ever gonna come back?
>>
>>13683482
Can someone reupload this to pomf/puush or post it in the /wsg/ toku thread? The version with sound 404ed
>>
>>13690231
When she makes a MkII that kills mooks
hopefully
>>
>>13689313
>Mabashi means 'too bright'
>the jingle stops after pulling down the sunglasses
>You're putting sunglasses on your weapon because he said it's too bright
>>
>>13689598
The toy commercial picture implies Spectre will get something for Q3 or Q4.

Necrom get jack shit though.
>>
at this point, I'm just eagerly waiting for what theme the next kamen rider will be based on, Ghost had a lot of potential but its really terrible. I'm just gonna come back every so often to these threads to get the main plot points instead of sitting through an unbearable half hour every week.
>>
File: SadBlogMan.jpg (203KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
SadBlogMan.jpg
203KB, 1280x960px
>>13689465
Yep, he uses it with twitter to keep us updated. Mostly twitter though.
>>
>>13690257
Seriously?
What next?
A binocular or microscope to amplify eyecon powers?
>>
Is there a link to Spectre's theme somewhere? I want it so bad
>>
>>13690448
Next is an eyedropper that Necrom uses to transform.
>>
>>13690409
Aren't we supposed to hate him because he raped Hana and made her leave Den-O or something?
>>
>>13690233
https://a.uguu.se/zlkoxu.webm
>>
>>13690588
Thanks chief.
>>
>>13690588
I just love how he explodes like a barrel of gasoline. Almost Showa-ish.
>>
>>13690548
Uh, sauce?
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 240x280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 240x280px
>>13690448
No, binoculars and microscopes to exceed their kicking potential.
>>
>>13690257

And then you get some vaguely tropical island music. fucking thing is on vacation.
>>
>>13690705
Someone's ass.
>>
>>13690817
In this show we have gadgets that add on to weapons instead, I wonder what the sage will give Takeru next.
Maybe nothing more though because the boost forms would probably use the sunglassslasher
>>
>>13690864
He'll either give him the Eyecon Driver G, or some sorta final form weapon. I don't think we're getting anymore Ghost Gadgets though, and that's a shame.
>>
>>13690916
I wish they'd stop doing the shitty CG-plastic animal thing, they've done it for like every other show now since W.
>>
>>13691077
Wait what was the animals in Gaim and Drive?
>>
>>13690351
>'m just gonna come back every so often to these threads to get the main plot points
That's what the recent episodes have been doing though
how the hell did you people even survive during Drive, Gaim, Fourze, OOO or W, those all moved slower with their main plots than Ghost has been doing
>>
>>13691084
They skipped the gadget toys though Shift Cars sort of played their role.
>>
>>13690916
What if his final weapon is sunglasslasher plus all gadgets combined
>>
>>13691434
PLEX isn't that smart.
>>
File: JIBAN_ep35.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
JIBAN_ep35.webm
3MB, 640x480px
Self-explanatory: metal only.

Jiban's Rambo mode.
>>
>>13691512
Jiban has subs?
>>
>>13691555
The first episode and the movie. However, the group doing Jiban, besides having Detective Conan as the main focus, is busy helping on a collab for Dragon Ball Super.
>>
>>13691566
ah
oh well, tokusatsu robocop seems pretty cool
>>
File: 1438612475726.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1438612475726.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>13685715
Mr. Knuckleman would like a word with you.
>>
>>13691590
Gaim was very much the exception to every other Kamen Rider after Decade.
>>
>>13685715
>>13691590
Chase was around for ages before actually becoming a Rider
>>
>>13684381
So, if Ghost is flatlined, and Specter's got a pulse, but Boost is on fire...
>>
>>13689147
Y'know, why weren't the Engines used for Shift Cars? More money that way.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 328x353px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 328x353px
>>13691738
That would be kind of a huge stretch to justify. Like, even more so than the Ranger Key sets Bandai's been funneling out as of late. They didn't even sell any Toq or Ninnin merch for Drive.
>>
>>13691340
Slower isn't always worse. Kuuga was slow and it was one of the best Heisei shows. Agito was also really slow and it has barely any criticism.

It's hard not to feel underwhelmed by a show eliminating consequences like this. Besides introducing the forms and naming characters, nothing really happened. The enemies don't come across as a real threat or seem to have any control over the situation.
>>
>>13691782
Well what I'm saying is, what if Drive met up with all the car-themed Sentai? I mean yeah, there's only the Carranger pose reference to work on, but it's just a "wouldn't it be cool" thing?
>>
>>13691854
It's fine to dislike Ghost
I'm saying that to dislike it for being "slow" doesn't even make sense
>>
>>13691905
I don't think anyone is saying it's slow, just that nothing that happened mattered much so far and it makes it feel slower than the other series despite the fact there is a lot happening.

It might turn out being one of those shows that will be appreciated a lot more when marathoned, but for now, on the week-to-week basis as it is intended, it's disappointing me a lot.
>>
So his boost eyecon is not only an upgrade but the plot device that allows him to have another 99 days extension, but at what cost to his father?

The sage seems to think like Ryu did a bad thing.
>>
>>13692034
He and Yurusen must have an ulterior motive beyond the Eyecons bruh.

... Naaaaah. Toei doesn't like interesting writing!
>>
Where the hell did Takeru go when he met the sage and then when he met his father?

ow powerful is Aran anyway?I thought those ganma needed gates or summoners getting them over and suddenly it shows that Aran can cross over anytime without a fuss.
>>
>>13692120
Aran can create eyecons and shit by hand to (as opposed to Saionji who needed his bag) so yeah he's clearly somewhat powerful
>>
>>13692097
They might, that doesn't mean it will amount to anything significant.
>>
>>13692137
Isn't that just because Aran is a Ganma while Saionji was a regular human?
>>
>>13691692
Wasn't there a rumor about the writers of Drive wanting Chaser to be the secondary that was introduced late like with Riderman but Toei said no?
>>
>>13691683
it was also shit : ^)
>>
>>13693469
Better than this boring Ghost crap.
>>
>>13693494
12 episodes in? No it wasn't.
>>
>They're sadder now than when he died for the first time
ok
>>
>>13695667
You're really trying to force this meme here, but it's worth remembering episode 12 had the preview/debut of the new driver, Micchy trying to gaslight Kouta into getting rid of his driver like no good could ever come out of it, Mai getting a prophecy about how she wouldn't have control over her destiny if she stayed in Zawame, and Hase being abandoned by everyone.

By Gaim's episode 13, we got Hase becoming a monster. What we're going to get with Ghost's is "go after the Dragon Balls again". Criticize Gaim if you want, defend Ghost if you want, but Gaim was in fact far more developed than Ghost at this rate.
>>
>>13695803

Yeah, episode 14 for Gaim is really where shit hits the fan, but by this point in the series, it was pretty obvious where the plot was developing in that sense. The groundwork was laid out for it.

Ghost is a bit more confusing about what it wants to do. I feel the characters are really well developed at this point, but aside from Takeru's upgrade (which let's face it, is still kind of an asspull), the general layout of the show with "WE GOTTA COLLECT ALL THE EYECONS" hasn't substantively changed.

Gaim on the other hand moved pretty decisively away from the pokemon dance battles and into dealing with the conspiracy behind Yggdrasil and the true nature of Helheim. At this point in Ghost we have hints of conspiracy from Sage and Yurusen, and some conflict with the Ganma faction between Alan, and his brother with Javel, but it feels like that's being pushed to a B-plot to the Eyecon collecting A-plot. I would've expected the reverse to be true, with all the Eyecons made and in play, they would be pushed to the background while the conflict between the different factions built up comes to the forefront.
>>
Well both him and Specter have like 10 eyecons together, so they only need to find 5, it would probably still drag though.
>>
>>13696583
That's only considering they don't lose any, which is practically impossible since the Sage was very adamant about 99 days and the writers need some sort of drama.
>>
File: 1000102020_1.jpg (150KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1000102020_1.jpg
150KB, 560x560px
>>13696583
Depends on how they tackle Necrom who's going to get two of the fifteen.
>>
u r effectin my rites
>>
So all this time a ghost was probably watching a ghost and the other ghost didn't even notice...

I'm guessing the next upgrade comes when he gets all 15 eyecons together and probably does something with them.
Hopefully it's him doing something instead of suddenly reaping the fruits of some other villain's effort like last time.
>>
>That fucking henshin inside a burning inferno

Oh god I'm having Ryuki Survive flashbacks in the BEST WAY
>>
>>13691782
>They didn't even sell any Toq or Ninnin merch for Drive.

There was that one Tridoron Shuriken from GP.
>>
>>13696818
I don't think Necrom's eyecons are from the 15 he has different ones.
>>
>>13700374
hoping that they won't drag out this hunt for eyecons
>Heeeeeeeey Takeru my boy
>You fucked up and your 2nd chance at 99 days is gone
>But it's okay, 15 eyecons may not be enough to revive you, but WHADDAYA KNOW, this Necrom guy got with him 15 OTHER eyecons!
>Just collect all 30 eyecons and we can save you, even past the expiry date!
>>
>>13696583
There's only three Eyecons left to find, plus the one Eyecon Specter has but never uses, and they're getting Goemon next episode.

It's standard Rider toy pacing, with Gaim as a particular example. Shovel twelve Lockseeds out within the first ten episodes, then cool off and only introduce four in the next arc, then the semifinal upgrade, then the final forms.
>>
>>13700374
I think Necrom gets at least Grimm.
>>
File: 15+4 Eyecons.jpg (50KB, 640x276px) Image search: [Google]
15+4 Eyecons.jpg
50KB, 640x276px
>>13700374
He gets Grimm and Sanzo.
Thread posts: 229
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.