[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if this thing is what the original Gusion looked like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

before the Brewers got it and mashed it together with Man Rodi parts?
>>
in all honesty it looks pretty good. I may like it more than the barbatos at least.
>>
>>13679262
what's that?
>>
>>13680429
The VF from the new Macross.
>>
>>13680441
Fuck off.
>>
>>13680446
It's from the new Muv-Luv anime thing.
>>
>>13679262
Funny thing is, the Gusion didn't look all that smashed in the last episode, so making this kitbash-looking piece of shit should actually be more work than just repairing the Gusion as-is.

I mean, ffs, at least keep the hammer. That rifle hasn't done shit for anyone.
>>
>>13680461
No it looks like something from that new Valvrave project they announced last week.
>>
>>13680429
Ignore the shitposters. Its a new unconfirmed iron blooded orphans ms being spoiled by the model kits.
>>
>>13680477
Excellent shitpost, mi familia.
>>
>>13679262
Not quite. You can see the Graze Kai head and shoulders on that thing. Plus it's very much based on the Barbatos, more so than the Gusion. It's more like an in-universe kitbash.

>>13680466
It's a long-barrel Graze rifle. Maybe the longer barrel will give the bullets enough force to be useful?
>>
>>13680523
The head looks like it might have a visor or something underneath the head censor. Really loving the designs in this.
>>
>>13680523
There is the off chance that is, in fact, not the Gusion rebaked into a new form. It'd make sense that some of the 72 Gundams actually do share parts, which would explain the Barbatos similarities. Similarities to the Graze could be explained away by the Graze being a modern MP derivative of the Gundam frames.

I'm very suspicious of those binders.... the rear view of this MS almost makes me think they'll house hidden arms.
>>
>>13680593
The binders are almost certainly reformatted Gusion legs, not to mention the buttflap is undeniably the chest piece from the Gusion. Though why would they put the chest piece with its high powered cannons on the butt is anyone's guess. I guess it could be a shield?
>>
>>13680600
Because clearly at one time they were thruster nozzles, and someone one day decided they had the right diameter drilled into them to fit a cannon assembly in place of propulsion.
>>
>>13680600
they're similar, but not nearly identical in the sculpting.
>>
File: HG-Gundam-Gusion-Review-image-3.jpg (56KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
HG-Gundam-Gusion-Review-image-3.jpg
56KB, 480x600px
>>13680614
The back has more similarities to the rear flap than Gusion's chest, but it's still quite wrong based on the inclusion of the vents as part of that piece.
>>
>>13680600
it's not the chest piece but the back piece of the Gusion. I know the Gusion is a giant green blob but you aren't even trying.
>>
So this is an entirely new Gundam? I've been thinking that it was just Barbatos with Gusion parts thrown on. It looks like it has the same chest as Barbatos.
>>
>>13680614

It'd look so much better if it just ditched those binders and chest piece. Or even if they mounted the shoulder binders more like the Tallgeese's and pointed out and down rather than sideways and up. I still like it overall, but it could be much better with some simple changes.
>>
>>13680614
It would look great if you flipped it around and had the bottom connect to the hard points on the backpack while maintaining the connection to the waist.

Or as a shield.
>>
File: 2170.jpg (147KB, 1300x1159px) Image search: [Google]
2170.jpg
147KB, 1300x1159px
>>13680614
>>13680620
Proportions are also all out of whack even if they altered the sculpting of the armor.
>>
>>13680628
>>13680620
Okay, you're right, that is a modified backpiece. I'm an idiot for thinking it was the chest.
>>
>>13680626
the binders provide verniers that, I presume, will be valuable in combat - atmospheric or zero-g. The verniers are definitely hiding something, and they seem to be taking a mobile cue from the Schwalbe Graze.

I agree on the lower piece, it just seems tacked on, but the back of the MS lost valuable vernier hardpoints because of those fucking binders.

>>13680627
Shield is a viable possibility. Having integrated canons into a really thick piece of armor could be useful, even if the ammo pool would be limited.
>>
>>13680626
The binders look like they swivel.
>>
>>13680641
Plus if you look at the pic from the front you can see a visible hardpoint behind the leg.
>>
>>13680642
I expect the hardpoint to rotate, the binders to swivel, and the joints on the binders to flex.

Still pretty sure that they open up... the question is why. In UC and the like, they have beam weapons that can easily be stored internally, but PD is all melee.... maybe an electrical weapon to incapacitate pilots or just a pair of arms to grapple with enemy suits?
>>
>>13680642

They probably do, but they seem to rest in that position, which makes them look awful. Even if they do though, they'll still be pointed up, which just looks ungainly and raises it's profile in weird ways.
>>
watch out everybody we got some genius engineers in this thread trying to figure out the most obvious things.

of course verniers are valuable in giant robot combat, of course the binders are gonna rotate and swivel, we can see the fucking joint.
While it looks like there will be some sort of gimmick involving the binders and the rear skirt, there isn't nearly enough informarion or evidence to determine what it is at this point, and no, there are no fucking cannons on the rear skirt, the piece is too thin for embedded firearms, those are thrusters and vents, just like how it was on the back of the goddamn Gusion.
>>
File: 1451356764741.jpg (54KB, 457x417px) Image search: [Google]
1451356764741.jpg
54KB, 457x417px
>>13680628
>>
It has the same thruster layout as Nightingale. Not bad, I like it.
>>
>>13679262

I just can't believe this is a protag suit

it looks like Yasuda had a left over design from the end of G-reco, this is like one of the more forgettable pirates or whatever
>>
File: 20151107103756ecf-1.jpg (350KB, 768x600px) Image search: [Google]
20151107103756ecf-1.jpg
350KB, 768x600px
>>13680834
So, this is 1/144 HG New MS B... it seems we're getting two new HGs besides the Kimaris in January. Considering releases are usually about 2/3rds of the way through the month, how long should we expect to wait before more info is revealed?

In other news, the Kimaris looks to have sensors integrated into the shoulders and the leg-thruster gimmick looks pretty nice.
>>
File: Bertigo.jpg (815KB, 1115x1723px) Image search: [Google]
Bertigo.jpg
815KB, 1115x1723px
>>13680864

brother
>>
>>13680864
The full name of the mecha with Gusion parts will be revealed Jan 15. It's not a Barbatos or Graze variant.
>>
>>13680864
Those things on his shoulders shoot shurikens.
>>
>>13680834
I don't think Yasuda (Akiman) is involved in IBO.
>>
>>13680976
So, like, three days before it goes on sale? Well, that's different.
>>
>>13680864
Huh
>>
The Gusion has been altered from its original form significantly as it's passed from owner to owner. It still does carry the same variant frame as the Barbatos and Kimaris though.
>>
>>13680466
that's why my crazy, probably wrong theory is that it's what the Gusion used to look like, when it was first made. You see it in flashback or something. Then the Brewers got their hands on it, repaired it with Man Rodi parts, and made the froggy Gusion we know and love today
>>
>>13681405
Well, Cudal seemed to lack the A-V system (pictures of his back never suggested the inputs were there), and Barbatos seemed to react after Mika was plugged in.

Since Akihiro has A-V in his back, he might "wake" Gusion up after they reinstall A-V.
>>
>>13681443
I hope so
It's kind of frustrating watching him put all that effort into getting better but coming up short every time they fight
>>
>>13679262
better than the barbatos
>>
>>13680470
>new Valvrave project

what new Valvrave project?
>>
>>13680470
>>13685808
Wait, what?
>>
It is stated that Brewers slapped a lot of shit onto the Gusion when they found it. Teiwaz clearly has records on the Gundams based on how they apparently restored Barbatos to its original configuration, so who's to say they can't do that for Gusion?
>>
>>13680864

>sensors

Those are disc launchers.
>>
>>13687607

Well for a start they're unlikely to be heading back to Jupiter - though I guess there could be a Teiwaz base on Earth that offers to do upgrades.
>>
>>13687618
They could just gut one of their mobile workers for an A-V system; that's what they did for the Barbatos. Or they could transplant the one from the Graze Kai into the Gusion, since Norba's apparently gonna pilot it once Akihiro starts flying the refurbished Gusion.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.