[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me, /m/, why do you care so much about official power levels?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: fanfiction.jpg (84KB, 792x592px) Image search: [Google]
fanfiction.jpg
84KB, 792x592px
Tell me, /m/, why do you care so much about official power levels?
>>
>>13678025
so I can brag to my friends that gurren lagann is the strongest robot in all of anime
>>
File: ..png (12KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
..png
12KB, 256x256px
To make powerlevel autists mad
>>
>>13678025
It's the same thing as "my dad can beat your dad", except for manchildren who care too much about shitting on other manchildren's tastes.
>>
>>13678085
this
>>
>>13678025
Western audience is pretty much where most of the powerlevel autism cancer is rooted from in general.
>>
>>13678245
Do japs have power level arguments?
>>
>>13678288
Yes.
>>
>>13678288
Yes, except they are not as obnoxious as /a/ OPMfags stupidity.
>>
>>13678309
Objective best anime of the year.
>>
>>13678025
How is the Demonbane anime? I keep hearing how OP the robot is, but is the show any good? Does it have good fights?
>>
>>13678317
The OP robot appears on its VN only for a short bit. The animu is kinda forgettable I suppose. Feel free to watch it and if you are really a fan of robotto using magic and stuff then go read the VN. At least the anime has a good OST/OP/ED. I really forget about it.
>>
>>13678317
First thing you need to know about Demonbane in general is that the super busted one is not the star of the original story.

No, the Demonbane of the VN is an underdog fighting against literal god-machines. By the end of its story the most busted things to its name would be the ability to regenerate, and a particularly nasty fuck you stick that punts whatever it touches into a prison realm full of the baddest angriest mother fucker old gods and whatnot. And the latter was a gift of sorts given by the crawling chaos itself as part of some ridiculous plans that don't really play out correctly but I kinda haven't read DB in a while so I'm rusty on the details.

Oh I guess it also can sublimate stuff with a fist full of infinite heat but that feels really wowitsnothing in the world of Demonbane, that's how ridiculous a full fledged deus machina is expected to be; bootleg shining finger just looks tame in comparison.

It starts off a textbook heroic super robot when it needs to do degenerate stupid shit to keep up with New England's dirtiest.
>>
>>13678317
no metatron/10
>>
File: THE BEST.png (551KB, 1022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
THE BEST.png
551KB, 1022x1094px
>>13678025
>>
>>13678025
I don't.
>>
>>13678025

I don't care about power levels, but I do enjoy power level discussions because I enjoy discussions about shows I like. I'd also enjoy threads asking which was weaker just as much more than likely. Or which was weirder. Or whatever. I like the fact that they bring up all kinds of weird minutae and make me think about those series I like in different ways and consider different things.

I almost always have a set stance going in and it rarely changes during discussion, but it does make me aware of new stuff all the time and I like that. The worst part of versus discussions is the dicks who don't like them coming in and trying to shit them up by acting like the existence of such a thing is somehow an affront to them personally and like it isn't something they can just ignore.
>>
>>13678025
The answer is Demonbane. To any question.
>>
>>13678579
>still posting this shit
You got told in the other thread why that image is bad.
Just do it again with a different style
Not just copy-pasting the demonbane one.
>>
File: DOCTAHWESTO.png (893KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DOCTAHWESTO.png
893KB, 1024x768px
>>13678317

Anime is budget as fuck and cuts out a lot of things from the original story. If you want to get into it then then VN is the best way.

Also >>13678350

That Demonbane copypasta, while rooted in truth, mainly talks about stuff that doesn't even appear in the main story or is only mentioned briefly. A lot of it sounds dumber than it really is without context as well, but that's the entire point. Regular Demonbane is your pretty average Super Robot all the way up until the finale where it gets most of its powers back. For a good 80% of the story Demonbane is actually struggling in most of its fights because it's simply outclassed by the other Deus Machina at the time and Kurou, the pilot, has to rely on being smart rather than sheer brute force.

It's a fun read though. Lots a zany and likable characters with a ton of genuinely badass moments throughout it. The Lovecraft stuff is also handled fairly well too.
>>
>>13678579
>>13679597
Haven't watched Logos. Is it really that strong or your ass is toast?
Because that's what I am seeing in that pasta.
>>
>>13679627
It can remove concepts.
That's as far as i'll go.
>>
>>13678851
>I do enjoy power level discussions
>I do enjoy being an autistic wanker

Kill yourself.
>>
>>13679701

> I judge other people on minor and completely inoffensive stuff they like

You start, I get there too. Some day.
>>
>>13679627

The main basis of Logos is that everything has a word associated to it. If something has its word destroyed then that thing's entire concept is effectively erased from existence.
>>
>>13679709
what if you were to erase the concept of existence itself?
>>
>>13679709

What if your robot is based on something necessary, like stars? Or gravity? Or atoms?
>>
>>13678025
Because my robot can kick your robot's ass.
>>
>>13679718
>>13679719

Then you accidentally the entire universe I guess.

Wouldn't be the first time it's happened.
>>
File: 1447530155188.jpg (517KB, 1311x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1447530155188.jpg
517KB, 1311x2000px
>>13679709
>>13679718

So basically Belcross is Logos' worst nightmare?
>>
Wasn't someone working on the Demonbane PS2 game awhile back? What ever happened to that?
>>
>>13681498
Someone wanted to work on placing the scripts of the PC release into the PS2 game; however, Moogy explained how much of a pain in the ass it would be to actually do such a task and the guy who planned to do this decided, to no fault of his own, quit.
>>
>>13679709
How does it destroy words, though. Does it just go "Well, I guess the concept of blue is gone", and then everything blue just stops existing?
>>
>>13681629

It basically uses the Vectors to go into a pocket space where the word is given a physical form which it can then destroy.
>>
>>13681650
Does the word fight back or anything? Or the enemy they are fighting tag along to fight? Otherwise, it sounds like a kind of boring concept for a mecha anime.
>>
>>13681665

You could like, you know, watch the show yourself.

But anyway the main bad guy wants to destroy written language because he believes that people have forgotten the importance of actually speaking with each other (It's more or less a stop fucking texting PSA). So he uses magic to bring certain words alive in monster of the week fashion which causes anything associated with the word to run wild. For example in the first episode he bring the kanji for "twist" to life which results in stuff like hurricane tornadoes spontaneously forming and stuff like people's ties and belts trying to strangle them. Heroes use the Vectors to go into the word space to slap the word's shit and make it calm down and return things to normal without completely destroying the word itself, because as said that would cause anything associated with it to cease existing entirely. The words that are brought to life act as your typical MOTW and fight back within the word space while causing havoc in the real world.

It's not as stupid as it sounds but at the same time it kind of is, but that's pretty par the course for Aquarion.
>>
>>13681680
Me being curious as to what Logos does doesn't mean I'm going to subject myself to yet another Aquarion anime. I've learned my lesson after two times.

But anyway, thanks for the explanation. Would Logos still be able to go into word-space to fight words if they were not brought to life as rampaging monsters? Or rather, are the only words they are able to fight/destroy the words that get magic'd into a MOTW?
>>
>>13679729
Belcross has eyes, Logos erases the concept, therefore Belcross is erased.
>>
>>13681698
Watch for yourself, it is surprisingly thought provoking.
>>
>>13678085
Oh yeah faggot I bet your dad couldn't beat my dad in a fight. He was in the army and he can do lots of push-ups so your weakass dad doesn't stand a chance so shut the FUCK UP
>>
>>13686693

Wouldn't that just erase Belcross's eyes at worse? Besides which, Belcross has the power of existence so he might just be able to unerase a selectively erased thing like eyes.
>>
>>13686828
One of Logos's enemies was existence itself, Belcross is dead as dirt
>>
>>13687773

Oh? Never mind that then. How did it beat existence without erasing existence out of interest?
>>
>>13678025
Because the entire population of this board is nothing but mouth breathers, as is easily shown by what is liked around here.
>>
>>13678025
I don't though.
>>
>>13688201
Tell us your perfect tastes.
>>
>>13687782
watch and find out
>>
>>13688412
I don't have time to watch your shitty power level cartoons, I just want to win internet power level arguments, shut up and tell me.
>>
>>13678025
So we can have DEATTTHHHBAAATTTTLLLLLEEEE
>>
>>13678025
Official power levels don't mean much.

Officially the Turn A is the strongest Gundam. In actuality, it would get bodied by the 00 Qan[T].
>>
>>13688299
Never claimed to have good tastes, it's just very easy to see why people here care about this stuff
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.