[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just watched ep:1 of Thunderbolt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 47

File: 1446062222111.jpg (34KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
1446062222111.jpg
34KB, 500x284px
What were your guys thoughts?

Is this Alternate UC or just UC? I can't really tell.

There were a few moments where I said "neat" and just had to rewind. Im pleased with it so far for a first episode. The main pilot, Io seems like a ver cocky person. Totally different from other MCs. It's not to say I dislike, but its not what I would prefer either. I like the calm and cool 'Mwu La Flaga' character types, but this is what we're stuck with.
>>
>>13666385
It's Alternate UC.

I personally wasn't all that impressed. The action was fine, but everything else was just "ok".
>>
http://otakumode.com/news/52fc76ef80cd488c6b00068f/Interview-with-Mobile-Suit-Gundam-Thunderbolt-Author-Yasuo-Ohtagaki-3-3

>YO: I’m humbled [laugh]. I think in that sense Thunderbolt started off in a very fortunate position. Just as the lack of attention given the first Gundam TV series allowed it some freedom, my Gundam series is on a unique platform with Shogakukan’s Superior, so it’s not as tied down. In the beginning, I told them that I wanted to be able to work freely, even if that meant it wasn’t part of the Gundam canon, and they told me I could do what I want. However, that makes it difficult to adapt into anime and Gundam models... I suppose [laugh].
>CS: So it wasn’t that they approached you and said, “Do it at this point in the Universal Century calendar.”

>YO: It’s a bit off from the so-called “correct history,” but I did that on purpose [laugh]. I started off on the sidelines without much attention, which actually allowed some freedom as I wrote and I didn’t have to defend myself, so I decided to change what I wanted, and I think it was good that I could start that way. Being in that position is similar to how it was for the first Gundam, so I’ve been happy with it.
>>
>I went in without reading manga
what was up with glasses boy handing out tissues? is he the main characters friend? also it would appear that main character was in a relationship with the cute captain. also when do the space monks show up?
>>
>>13666447
>I pretend that 'liking something before it was popular' makes me better than others.
Does anon have multiple copies of the manga? Does he furiously read and re-read the manga over and over again on a daily basis? Did the manga come before the TV series? Is anon a faggot?
>>
>>13666475
i bet you read the plot of 0079 on the wiki and skipped straight to cca
>>
File: page160.jpg (599KB, 1100x1600px) Image search: [Google]
page160.jpg
599KB, 1100x1600px
>>13666447
The glasses guy, Io, and the female captain are all old friends who lived on Side 4. Io has a cold or allergies
>>
>>13666475
why you mean on Christmas anon? I didn't read the manga and i read that this OVA doesn't follow it 100% and cuts things out. since the video is only 18 minutes I thought lots were cut out.
>>
>>13666483
cool thanks, I figured it was something like that.
>>
>>13666481
Oh yeah well I bet you're a faggot.

And for the record, believe it or not, I have watched 0079 tv 2 times, the movies 6 times, and im currently reading the Origin. 0079 is one of my favorites next to Zeta. And the funny part? I havn't even watched CCA yet, im waiting until I can watch ZZ on bluray.
>>
>>13666507
Puru dies
Puru dies
>>
>>13666518
Well I've spent enough time on /m/ to already know that. Sorry to burst your bubble. Lol
>>
>>13666411
The manga may be alternate uc but the anime they have and will adjust things to make it fit within the Gundam animated universe. Or they can treat it like zeta and the zeta movies and accept both happnened even if there are contradictions.
>>
>>13666385
It's pretty, there's not really much to discuss unless you've already read the manga.
>>
>>13666552
No, please stop. It is its own continuity, end of story. The events of the OYW go differently and entire technologies are changed. I doubt Thunderbolt has psycommu remote weapons at all, as that's not how psycommu works in thunderbolt.
>>
The more mature story is want I want out of a gundam story. This might be a limited ova but it worlds better than iron blooded orphans.
>>
>>13666749
Please find a different series to watch. Gundam is not for you, stop asking them to ruin it with "edgy" or "mature" entries. Recent gundams have barely been goofy at all, and it needs it back, you're not helping.

Id like to enjoy thunderbolt. Please dont make me decide to not do so and shit up the threads because the fanbase is solely edgelords who want Madoka Gundam.
>>
>>13666764
The original gundam, zeta and wing are not goofy. maybe it is the other way around gundam is not for you.
>>
>>13666776
>The original gundam wasn't goofy
Thanks for confirming you never watched 0079.
>>
File: sei.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sei.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>13666764
>Recent gundams have barely been goofy at all
>>
>>13666776
>and wing are not goofy

Zeta's first episode also invalidates your statement.
>>
>>13666776
>wing

>going this fucking far out of your way to avoid ZZ and SD
>being THIS wrong about 0079
Edgelord pls go.
>>
>>13666776
>wing isn't goofy
Wing is a fucking comedy
>>
>>13666811
Wing tries so hard to be serious it ends beign a fucking joke.
>>
>>13666807
I should have said 'non-meta' gundams.
GBF out-goofs Shangri-La even.

He wants All You Need Is Gundam, I want Crossbone.
>>
>>13666824
Wouldn't F-91 have been the series McEdgerson would have wanted anyway? It had all the personal conflicts you could have wanted, and they actually made sense as conflicts. Most significantly being Seabook's mothers hypocrisy regarding the use of the F-91 by its pilots ("As long as its not YOUR son, huh?").
>>
File: Spike_Spiegel_Official.jpg (221KB, 1035x668px) Image search: [Google]
Spike_Spiegel_Official.jpg
221KB, 1035x668px
This was basically a very nice graphics demo for Sunrise' showreel.

Otherwise it's a really basic concept and execution so far. Plus it's trying really hard to evoke Cowboy Bebop, isn't it?
Also
>>
File: im sick of your space bullshit.png (465KB, 1033x733px) Image search: [Google]
im sick of your space bullshit.png
465KB, 1033x733px
>>13666840
>Plus it's trying really hard to evoke Cowboy Bebop, isn't it?
>>
>>13666840
Or should I say but, it's far to short to get the mood right.
>>
people complaining about edginess in war stories?
>>
>>13666749
>UC master race
>no children/teens
>no people who aren't pilots piloting
>grunts galore

This is as close to my ideal as I'm ever going to get, so I'm happy.

>>13666764
Your autistic post is probably the edgiest thing I've ever seen m8
>>
>>13666847
any time any show that takes place in space features jazz music it's OBVIOUSLY trying to emulate cowboy bebop
>>
File: fukuda bait.jpg (87KB, 663x643px) Image search: [Google]
fukuda bait.jpg
87KB, 663x643px
>>13666859
>>
>>13666847
>>13666860
>simple, personal story
>Jazz music
>cool, laid back guys doing cool, laid back things, even underreacting in life and death situations

Well what else would you compare it to?

Even if the guy was listening to opera instead it wouldn't feel like Gundam.
>>
>>13666776
>The original gundam, zeta...not goofy
You must be blind or just skipped everything except the battle of the week because Zeta was littered with comedy. Particularly in the first half.
>>
>>13666856
Because people often mistake gore with depth.
>>
>>13666867
It's in space and has jazz, that's all it has in similar with Bebop.
>>
>>13666840
Just because there's jazz and its in space doesnt mean it's fucking Bebop. It's like you have no idea what makes Cowboy Bebop what it is other than jazz music.
>>
>>13666883
You must be new to /m/.
>>
>>13666840

I didn't see any space western in there at all.
>>
>>13666385
Pretty fun, simple and straightforward. Way too short though. Feels so good after IBO.
>>
>>13666840
>if an anime has jazz then it means its bebop

Is dubbed FLCL, Cromatie, Berserk, Kill La Kill and TTGL your favorite anime?
>>
Bandai wants to sell the toys it made that didn't sell enough so they made a small series for it.
>>
>>13666867
The Zeon guy is super quiet to the point of being kind of withdrawn, and Io is clearly on crack cocaine. I wouldn't call either of them particularly laid back/cool.

You're just reacting to jazz in space.
>>
so whats with the hate for orphans exactly?
>>
>>13666926
I thought that was what Build Fighters was for
>>
>>13666921

Fuck you faget,dubbed cromartie is the shit
>>
>>13666938
Yeah but that's over. They have to keep their brand out. After Bandai bought out Sunrise it's more about toys than ever before.
>>
>>13666937
People dislike IBO because they feel its boring,has too much exposition and the main character is "emotionless".These are probably the same people who complained that G Reco was too confusing and the main character was a weirdo.
>>
>>13666937
It's put together in the most retarded way so the most braindevastated retards can understand what's happening which is actually pretty much nothing and the action sequences absolutely blow.
>>
>>13666518
You child.
>>
>>13667048
That and it's sole purpose to sell frame arm-I mean Gunpla.
>>
>>13667048
Action scenes actually have some weight to them,and no beam weapons.
How is that not awesome.
>>
>>13667092
Source?
>>
It was good but honestly it would be better without the jazz music. It doesn't really have enough energy and drama to be battle music. It feels like I'm waiting in line at JCPennys.
>>
I can't believe there are people saying this was going to be better than IBO. This is terrible. Besides the pretty visuals this was very disappointing.
>>
>>13667109
>It was good but honestly it would be better without the jazz music. It doesn't really have enough energy and drama to be battle music. It feels like I'm waiting in line at JCPennys.

It also feels cheap and forced. The music in the series feels awkward, like a poor executive decision.
>>
File: Kek.png (38KB, 239x178px) Image search: [Google]
Kek.png
38KB, 239x178px
>4 15 minute episodes
>MC has fucking drumsticks in his mobile suit
>Nothing explained
>Shitty forced Jazz and music in space
>Crappy romance that wasn't needed
>Snipper gets killed because the pilot went to his blind sport
>Didn't show MC come back to his ship
>MC is a power hungry dipshit

Why am I not surprised this shitty board would fall in love with this crap?
>>
>>13667146
>>MC has fucking drumsticks in his mobile suit
Amuro had a pube talisman, pilots are allowed to carry some personal affects in their cockpits.

>>Nothing explained
its the OYW, you should know whats going on already. the only thing different is the space lightning and cripples, which was obviously a recurring theme that will be explained lately.

>>Shitty forced Jazz and music in space
it justifies the unique soundtrack and integrates the music into the plot without being dumb like Macross.

>>Crappy romance that wasn't needed
that was one of the least romantic scenes ive seen in an anime, borderlining on rape.

>>Snipper gets killed because the pilot went to his blind sport
best way to get to a sniper's position. i doubt MS sensors can pick up on individual humans in minovsky-rich space.

>>Didn't show MC come back to his ship
he made it clear he would be flying back through their blind spots.

>>MC is a power hungry dipshit
MC is arrogant, ambitious, competent at what he does and doesnt take shit from anyone, sorry if that kind of person intimidates you.
>>
>>13667100
Every recent Gundam show except for build fighters has "weight" but IBO's physics are just as awful as build fighters try sometimes, like any time a ship moves in anything other than a straight line and every scene with the Barbatos outside of the duel with Crank.
>>
File: top kek.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
top kek.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>13667206

>it justifies the unique soundtrack and integrates the music into the plot without being dumb like Macross.
>>
>>13667206

>stop hating what I like

ThunderboltFags are the new UCfags
>>
There's literally nothing you faggots will admit to liking.
>>
>>13667270
>>13667287
Jesus are IBOfags the new greco fags?
>>
>>13666880
>>13666883
>>13666929
Cowboy Bebop among other things draws from the french nouvelle vague.
You know, black and white, jazzy, everyone acts pretty detached, people are usually very self focused and carry around a lot of emotional luggage.

I think Thunderbolt wants to do something similar, with both protags being fairly uninterested in their factions and its goals, the whole war being portrayed rather dispassionately and instead choosing to hone in on the duel between these two guys who act very above it all in their own way (It's a bit less noticeable with the cripple, but getting invested in avenging a guy he didn't even like makes it pretty clear that he's more interested in proving that he's better than Whiplash.)

The key problem as far as I can tell, is that there's virtually no down time in the entire episode. It's just GO GO GO. And that makes them both feel kind of flat. I think it would have been great if the episode were like 3 or 4 minutes longer and they would have sunk that into character work.
>>
>>13667100
The ideas are good, the execution isn't.
>>
I always thought /a/ loved Ideon, Zeta, Unicorn and the first half of 00 but hated everything else.

Why are people surprise that their is a lot of negativity with this show?
>>
>>13667270

>geez louise how can someone like X, they sure have bad taste

>response

>oh ho you answered my clever bait, let me act as if I never had such coming!
>>
>>13667206
>>>Shitty forced Jazz and music in space
>it justifies the unique soundtrack and integrates the music into the plot without being dumb like Macross.

Yeah not forced or dumb like making countless prototype Gundams to shoehorn into your plot, pick one and mass produce it win the war already.
>>
Regarding the female Captain, is it just me or do the crew not respect her in the least?
>>
>>13667364
>>13667146

define 'forced'.

simply having thing in media is not forced. please let me understand what you mean by it.
>>
>>13667364
they already did, it's called the GM
>>
>>13667377
The female characters we've met aren't exactly great.
Both seem like the usual fragile, overly emotional and useless butterflies.

Not that Gundam is a great place to look for compelling female characters (unless you're into psycho bitches).
>>
File: 1447810258476.webm (3MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1447810258476.webm
3MB, 800x600px
>>13667100
>actually have some weight
ayyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>13667462
why is the aspect ratio fucked up?
>>
>>13667377
She's not respected because she doesn't deserve her position because she got it due to being part of one of the family elites in Side 4 and is weak willed.
>>
>>13667355

The real funny part is that I am not even samefag. Your butthurt was just that funny.
>>
10/10
>>
About time a Federation pilot have some style and not be a whiny faggot, or Amuro.
>>
>>13667462
The appalling part being that this has more animation than most of IBO fights.
>>
>>13667287
I really like 0079
I really like Zeta
I like ZZ
I really like CCA
I really like 0080
I like 0083
I like F91
I really like Victory
I like G Gundam
I like Gundam Wing
I like Gundam X
I kind of like 08th MS Team
I really like Turn A
I don't like 00, I'll give you that
I like AGE
I really like G-Reco
I think IBO is meh

But I don't like this.
>>
>alternate UC
Retards still think this is a thing.
>>
>>13667627
>I kind of like 08th MS Team
>I don't like 00, I'll give you that
>I like AGE
>I really like G-Reco
Humongous shit taste right here.
>>
>>13667287
See >>13667642
It's easier to say you hate something and spout memes at people than admit you like something.
>>
I guess maybe Im a sucker for jazz, but it's really interesting to see a Gundam show with an arrogant MC. yet at the same time, I love the detachedness everyone has. Also that final scene where he bum rushes the Zaku, that was well done. How many episodes does this OVA have?
>>
>>13667287

I'll admit to liking anything that's actually good.
>>
File: Legilis.png (599KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Legilis.png
599KB, 1280x720px
>>13667627
>I like AGE
>>
This was great. It managed to really draw me in despite how short it is.

The grittiness of everything as well as the general tone made me think of Votoms.
>>
>>13667557
>assuming you're responding to the same person

you must be new here
>>
>>13667627

This list is horrendous. My god.
>>
It's a perfectly fine little diversion. The jazz theme is cool, even if it's not nearly as deep as the show things it is. The action is on about the same level as Unicorn, except it's all grunts. It is edgy as fuck, but not in a Nine Inch Nails sort of way. (Or even a 90's comics sort of way.) There does seem something slightly off about it, it doesn't seem to have any great message behind it like most Gundam does, but it doesn't have a forced message either, which has been a greater problem in recent years.
>>
>>13667319
They typical anime fan only knows about Bebop when it comes to mixing jazz with anime.
>>
>>13666954
Doesn't stop you from being a pleb if that's the view points of reference you have.
>>
>>13667206
>that was one of the least romantic scenes ive seen in an anime, borderlining on rape.
You know, there's pulling somebody in to a kiss they didn't expect or want and then there's rape.
A bit hyperbolic, don't you think?

This is just the usual
Slap Slap Kiss stuff, that you used to get in Hollywood movies.
>Imma act like a bitch to you!
>Yeah? But secretly you want my cock!
>Do not!
>Do too!
>*smooch*
>>
>>13667319
>Cowboy Bebop

nigga , I saw the first episode of that shit i thought i was watching Desperados
>>
>>13667287
I like the video games.
>>
>>13667287
I like boobies.
>>
>>13667769
Let me fix it to suit your tastes then

I hate 0079
I hate Zeta
I really hate ZZ
I hate CCA
I hate 0080
I really hate 0083
I really hate F91
I hate Victory
I really hate G Gundam
I really hate Gundam Wing
I really hate Gundam X
I really hate 08th MS Team
I hate Turn A
I love 00
I really hate AGE
I hate G-Reco
I think IBO is great
>>
File: Hyperdimension Neptunia (15).jpg (1MB, 3980x2239px) Image search: [Google]
Hyperdimension Neptunia (15).jpg
1MB, 3980x2239px
>>13667287
I like cute girls doing cute things.
>>
God the first person view from zaku point of view, wish more scenes or games did this, have cockpits screen like rise from the ashes, the mobile suits head as the point of view or over the shoulder selection be great.
>>
>>13666385
It was fucking awesome. It's unfortunate that its only 4 episodes. Pretty much all the cool gundam premises are given no time.
>>
The reaction the Zeon pilots have to the Gundam, priceless. Still those GMs jobbed pretty damn hard
>>
>>13668179
The only intel they had was Zeon had set up snipers in the area, didnt know where. Zeon was dug in with weapon platforms that seemed to have computer aided trajectory in strategically placed positions covering specific routes. They have to be aware of their flight paths and the debris, on top of the lightning from electrical storms. The minosky particles and electrical interference got worse the further in they went, it seemed only contact suit to suit was the only way at one point. yeah the odds werent good, nor was the plan. usually you send sniper after sniper or try to flank the snipers not rush head first. Stealth isnt really a option especially when the one who really fucked up was the pilot who panicked let his main camera get smashed which in turn caused him to collide into what was left of that ship. Now the thing im wondering is if the impact caused the explosion from the speed of the suit, if it got punctured by the debris and hit the reactor or if the reactor was still functioning somehow on the ship and in its wrecked state triggered an explosion?

Do you guys think this is just a test to see what the fans think of this type of gundam series? like a bit of bait in the water to see if anything bites and if it does well make a order for more to the series?
>>
>>13668277
>Do you guys think this is just a test to see what the fans think of this type of gundam series? like a bit of bait in the water to see if anything bites and if it does well make a order for more to the series?
Yeah, since it's UC, I'm certain that the ONA will get enough attention to warrant more episodes. The only thing to keep in mind is whether the manga will end.
>>
I loved it.

I like Jazz but I didn't really feel most of the music.
>>
>>13668067
So, a buttblasted 00-fan getting "revenge" against the rest of Gundam because you got shat on while it aired?
>>
>>13666840
>>13666847
>>13666850
I got the Cowboy Bebop vibe too.

Gritty Jazz Romance in Space.

This one might be one to watch, but if it's like most Gundam it'll fall apart as time goes on.

The Living Dead unit seems interesting.
>>
>>13667627
Do you enjoy the taste of toilet?
>>
>>13668302
Well at the end of the episode they did show current hg kits of the series, but they said mg coming soon too. Granted it be easy with the multiple gundam kits and gm 2.0 frame. But damn id be happy if a official and none magazine exclusive ball, guncannon, gm cannon and that dom from this episode would show.

But it does feel more like a test, this quality in a standard anime episodes time frame? yeah I hope that they dont withdraw after this.
>>
File: hoovered.jpg (164KB, 1411x792px) Image search: [Google]
hoovered.jpg
164KB, 1411x792px
>>13667206
How is Lo able to open Hoover‘s cockpit from the outside?

is he a skilled hacker or zeke just has shitty lock?
>>
>>13668419
Probably some kind of emergency or maintenance latch. Same way Amuro gets into the Gundam on Side 7.

Cornelius the glasses guy probably taught him that trick
>>
>>13668419
I think all mobile suits have shitty locks. (i.e. none at all) And they always seem to have an emergency open button.
>>
>>13668430
IO did said he took some lessons on piloting Zeek mechs.
>>
>>13668437

Well he does mention the Rick Dom's cockpit is different from a Zaku's
>>
Am I the only one bothered by the mistimed subs?
>>
>>13666860

Gee I wonder what studio created Cowboy Bebop as well and has a thing for jazz music in it's sci-fi anime.
>>
>>13668419
I've heard that the only safety measures protecting modern day fighter jets are the ones outside the cockpits themselves and that, assuming you could actually get close enough, anyone could turn on the jet and start trying to fly it away as they don't even have ignition keys.
>>
>>13668477
The same one that created Zero Tester, which Cowboy Bebop was based on in the first place, you fucking dingus.
>>
IBO soundtrack + mech designs + story > blunderbolts
Keep eating shit UC fags
>>
>>13668508
Shouldn't you be advocating the creation of more safe spaces, millenial?
>>
>>13667092
I think you're watching the wrong franchise
>>
>>13668508
Go raise your fags somewhere else
>>
Fuck this was horrible. The main character is a total cockhead, shit jazz......blaaaagh.
>>
do you get pleasure from baiting
>>
>>13667206
>Amuro had a pube talisman

Except he didn't. Everyone was giving him shit for not having one.

That was sort of the whole point of that scene. A scene that, by the way, came in the third book of the series, as opposed to being Amuro's introduction to the audience.

This is why you never let /m/ do your research for you.
>>
That was pretty damn cool. There were some great scenes, like the GMs/Gundam being equipped in the launch bay, and especially the first person view from the Zaku.
>>
>>13668559
>main character is a total cockhead
you say that like its a bad thing
>>
they seem to cut some parts from the manga, the plot develops ALOT faster in this 18min episode. I seriously thought the gundam wouldn't even appear until like ep 3.
>>
>>13668559
Io is MOST DANGEROUS.
>>
File: RGM-79.jpg (161KB, 850x493px) Image search: [Google]
RGM-79.jpg
161KB, 850x493px
>>13666385
I did like that a good number of the pilots that sortied in GMs actually survived with totaled GMs instead of just exploding because they merely got hit. I always figured that with size, durability, and general ability to function with damage that mobile suits have, actually killing the pilot would take more effort than a mere critical hit.
>>
File: boom.jpg (782KB, 1100x1600px) Image search: [Google]
boom.jpg
782KB, 1100x1600px
if you liked the show, read the manga

it's not long, has amazing art, and is readily available online
>>
So they're fighting to take back a wrecked colony with a fuckton of debris that is so numerous that suits need multiple shields to navigate, that also seems to have fucking thunderstorms in it.

Why does Zeon feel the need to defend such a shithole?
>>
>No female pilots
Why the hate of girl pilots lately, Sunrise?
>>
>>13668756
Don't worry as there are cute zeek girls that die later on.
>>
>>13668757
>Zeek
Like anyone but Buttpain Knight cares
>>
Kinda on the fence about it.

I didn't hate it but something was off about it.

Maybe it was the episode length or somethin'.
>>
>>13668800

There wasn't a whole lot of time spend on exposition, building up the world would be my guess. Probably working on the assumption anyone watching already knows the basics, though they didn't drop any info on what the Thunderbolt Sector is, Living Dead Squad, Moore Brotherhood, etc. I'm fine with that, and I would be fine with the episodes being mostly nicely detailed action sequences.
>>
The thick lines made me think of Votoms. Io is like they saw Full Metal Jacket and slammed a few of those characters together. Short and sweet with some nice action. If the rest are as good as this I'll be pleased.
>>
>>13668436
Makes sense. In an emergency, you don't want to make it complicated for mechanics or first aid staff to gain access to the pilot.
>>
>>13668121
Yeah, the only games that does that are the old Side Story games like "Rise from the Ashes" or "Blue Destiny". I'm probably forgetting some others...
>>
Considering I wasn't interested in Reconguista, and Iron-Blooded Orphans looks actually terrible, Thunderbolt was a nice surprise. I really enjoyed it.
>>
>>13666385
>What were your guys thoughts?

200% better than G-rectum
>>
>>13668737
Still on-going or already finished?
>>
File: 8578579975.jpg (59KB, 304x412px) Image search: [Google]
8578579975.jpg
59KB, 304x412px
>>13668897
>G-rectum
kek/10
fuck showed those
grectals
grectums
grectum sniffers
gwrecked faggots
grwrecucks
>>
>>13668911
Stay buttblasted, G-rekt
>>
File: faceplam-picard.jpg (24KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
faceplam-picard.jpg
24KB, 500x329px
>>13668913
>implying id ever watch that shitshow
clearly your the rectard
>>
>>13668903
On-going but the anime will only cover the first part. The second part takes place after a timeskip
>>
>>13666385
I really liked it. Pacing was a bit quick but the Io was a delightful jackhole, the jazz and the lightning set a definite atomosphere, the action and art were both solid, Io and Claudia felt like a genuinely strained relationship, and I'm actually looking forward to the next episode.

Not a 10/10, but probably a good 8/10.
>>
What does it feel like taking a beam saber to the face?
>>
>13666385

I thought it was pretty solid. The animation and art direction are top notch. They did a great job communicating character personalities and relationships in such a short amount of time. Pacing was a little quick, but I guess that's reasonable given that the series is only four, 18 minute episodes. There was quite a bit of grittiness and I generally like when Gundam gets a bit gritty. I love the soundtrack and I love that the soundtrack is important to the characters.

That said, I think they went a little overboard sometimes. The way that they used lighting and shading together could be over the top. The scene between Io and Claudia stands out as an example. Stuff like that takes me out of the episode. There was a lot of tension built up from the opening of the episode, but whenever something goes over the top with MUH GRIT like that it really pulls me out of the episode and I lose my vibe. It really sucked here because I thought that what was going on in that scene was really working otherwise.

Still good though, a solid 8/10. I definitely need to read the manga now, I don't know why I've put it off for so long.
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 1136x640px
It's the little things. I could pour over every second if the animation and still find neat little details
>>
File: page111.jpg (296KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
page111.jpg
296KB, 847x1200px
>>13668958
Your body will go from 0 to hamburger faster than you can think
>>
>>13668962
I should read the manga
>>
Zeon are the good guys.
>>
>>13668747

Because it's one of the approaches to A Bao Qu. Remember, to assault the fortress, the Federation hit it from multiple directions at once.
>>
File: page022.jpg (541KB, 1100x1600px) Image search: [Google]
page022.jpg
541KB, 1100x1600px
>>13669068
>>13668747
Here's the explanation.
>>
>>13668962
Is that cornelius and the scientist chick getting merked at the same time?
>>
>>13669180
No, it's 4 zeon girls who are going to blow up the engines so that they don't get captured. And Cornelius talks them out of it. And then for their trust in him, the other Feddies fry them with a beam saber.
>>
>>13669222
Only good Zeek is a dead Zeek.
>>
>>13669229
Why do we allow feddie scum to post on /m/?
>>
File: jupiter.png (653KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
jupiter.png
653KB, 700x700px
>>13669229
>>13669255
why is anyone allowed to post on /m/?
>>
>>13669255
Moral fags and newfaggotry are one in the same.
>>
File: shot0002.png (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shot0002.png
3MB, 1280x720px
>you will never make out with Jerid
;_;
>>
>>13669301
I thought I heard someone say Jerid, but that dude looks like a layyyyydddeehh
>>
File: shot0001.png (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shot0001.png
3MB, 1280x720px
>>13669306
They just put lipstick and eyeliner on him to confuse your boner.
>>
>>13668756

Because the majority of people who serve in armed forces are male.
>>
>>13667627
I loved MSG
I LOVED Zeta.
I didn't like ZZ much.
I liked 0080 alot when I first saw it.
0083 was my bae.
F91 is fantastic.
Victory was... soo good.
All AUs are shit.
Turn was pretty good. I understand it more now.
G-Reco is definitely my favorite.

IBO is just absolute trash. My friend says it even rips off a show called aldonoah zero.
>>
I leave /m/for a few weeks due to deadlines and broken limbs and suddenly there's a new Gundam OVA?
What's it like?
Are the MOBILE SUIIITTSSSSS CG?
>>
>>13669324

>My friend says it even rips off a show called aldonoah zero.

Stop talking, you idiot.
>>
>>13669337
Needless to say, he dropped IBO faster than I did. I can understand why teens like it though, they're the market and they don't want to go back and watch stuff like Victory although I first saw V when I was 15/16.
>>
>>13669337
At least he didn't say Valvrave
>>
>>13669354

>15/16.

I assume that's a few months to a couple of years ago, judging from how you act.

>hurr durr i dropped it

Care enough to shitpost about it every fucking day, don't you?
>>
>>13669331
All 2D

HAND DRAWN 2D AND THE CHARACTERS HAVE SHADING!!
>>
>>13669354
cant tell if this guy is a master shitposter or literal autist
i know i shouldnt reply but im just baffled hes still here after all the shit he kicks up
>>
>>13669384
I just grabbed ep.1 but I'm at the family home for Christmas...do I put anime on the big screen surrounded by normies who think its all cartoon babby shit for literal 5 year olds?
>>
>>13669396
It's 18 minutes long and has adults kissing
>>
>>13669396
>Space Opera
>body count
>headshot
>free jazz
>babby shit for 5 year olds

Disown your family.
>>
>>13669435

And at the end of the day it's still cartoon robots going pew pew.
>>
>>13669438
And Breaking Bad is just meth addicts going snort snort

And Citizen Kane is just Kane going Rosebud Rosebud.

And The Wall by Pink Floyd is just them singing "All in all we're just another brick in the wall"

What exactly are you trying to say?
>>
>>13669435
>>13669438
Some people are odd like that though. It's been this way since the 90s. I would put on something like Akira and my mother and brother just see cartoon shit, no different to the Flintstones or Bugs Bunny. Same with the TIE fighter short I did.They live in a strange mindset.

Pixar stuff is totally fine for them though. Yesterday we had Polar Express, Scrooge (Jim Carrey cg version) an a bunch of other CGI festive stuff.
>>
I liked the jazz, I liked the animation, I liked the action.
I can't fucking stand the feddie MC. He's just too "I'm the best". If this whole OVA becomes about Zeon's Wrong Trousers killing him off than I'll have no problem with Thunderbolt.
>>
>>13669463

Yes, perhaps a bit of gross simplification on my part, but at least those examples have depth and cultural resonance to them. In that you could show them to members of your family without subsequently being ridiculed and embarrassed.
>>
>>13669469
>Pixar stuff is totally fine for them though.
>Proceeds to list two non-pixar movies
Also I watched that Jim Carrey Christmas Carol adaptation just the other night. The CGI has aged like milk, and the parts that were suppose to be 3D are ridiculously out of place. That's no really related to anything, I just needed to get it off my chest since I've had no one to complain about this to. Merry belated christmas Otaking.
>>
>>13668894
Found the retard
>>
>>13669506
Merry Christmas and a happy year of our Lord 2016, anon-kun.
It's weird...we watched so many versions of Christmas Carol yesterday and each one has bits from the book that the others don't, and misses out bits that the others include. The Robert Zemeckis CG one actually had some really nice moments and the ghost of Christmas present dying and turning into a laughing skeleton was 2spooky5me. Obviously they had to include a lot of 'zany' action scenes for the ADD kiddies of today, but I reckon the flying house perspective bit was pretty great and innovative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWcjYuyhjSM

The Patrick Stewart one is good too,and the Muppet one.
>>
>>13666764

Goofy is really, really bad for Gundam. So is the peacenik drivel recent AUs have been pushing. The past few AUs were so fucking stupid, I was about to give up on the franchise for good. Thunderbolt and IBO were like a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>13666860
>i have no seen 1980s sci-fi anime in my life only Cowboy Bebop
>>
>>13669730
>IBO were like a breath of fresh air.
>IBO has goofy shit right out the ass, almost to the point where it sticks out like a sore thumb
>>
>>13667287
I liked Turn A.
>>
File: 201512251033340255.jpg (64KB, 500x709px) Image search: [Google]
201512251033340255.jpg
64KB, 500x709px
>>
>>13669807
Is this from Thunderbolt?
Is SHADING back on the menu, boys?
>>
>>13669834

No, it's promo art.

Actual episode doesn't stray beyond two-tone, but I hope you're not going to back to your phase of calling everything that has less than four a piece of shit.
>>
>>13666481

Why the fuck would someone skip the only good Gundam anime?
>>
>>13669834

Haven't you seen the episode?
Hatching out of the ass everywhere, and SHADING where shading's due.
>>
>>13666937
Exposition and the Author is really trying way to hard to make Mika a cool character and it ended up shitty and boring.
>>
>>13669841
No no no... 3 tones are fine.
Everything that has less than three is a piece of shit.

>>13669849
I'm going to watch the episode in half an hour whilst the family's watching It's a Wonderful Life again. Some /m/en showed me screenshots of some nice looking shading though, so I'm interested.
>>
>>13667287
I am a muslim and I like to masturbate.
Especially to Aida porn
>>
>>13669852

Just be warned that the shading is mostly limited to characters, mobile suits are pretty realistically shaded, so no absurd SHADING on them.
>>
>>13669301
>YazanXJeridOTP.png
>>
>>13669469

They're engineered like that from society.
The sad thing is, people will flock to see MCU shit without realizing it's even worse than cartoons.
>>
>>13669312
I wasn't aware the armed forces have a Mobile Suit
>>
File: Jerid Messa Tränen.jpg (21KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Jerid Messa Tränen.jpg
21KB, 320x240px
>>13669872
If only...
>>
>>13669885

Insert tank joke here.

It's a basic reflection on how shit is in the real world. If we want to use some numbers - outdated ones, admittedly, but they're still statistics - 203,000 women were in the US armed forces in 2011 out of 1.4 million, and 2.7 percent of enlisted women were in front-line units in places like Afghanistan. Hell, deviating from the matter a bit, you guys had official legislation in place outright barring women from infantry combat until a couple years ago.

There's just less women in armies than there are men, it's a natural thing.
>>
>>13668756
Not even Sunrise's fault this time, actually, blame Ohtagaki. His modus operandi is manly men doing manly things.
>>
Does the captured Rick Dom ever come into play, or is it largely forgotten?
>>
>>13668756
>No female pilots
>Why the hate of girl pilots lately, Sunrise?

Would you actually prefer a gender-neutral killing zone?
>>
>>13669913
It does in the very first EP broski...
It show the whereabouts of the sniper
>>
Just watched it and I thought it was really good!
Shading when it needs it, very Nobuteru Yuuki chara designs at times (I'll have to look into who the character designer was) and a lot of atmosphere. Have we ever seen MS pilot bunks before?
The first person Zaku view was a very nice touch.
>>
>>13669913
Information taken from it helps to give some idea of where the snipers are.

Think it was sent off to the EFSF to study but i might be wrong.
>>
>>13669933
>>
>>13666385
I think Dayrel's taste in music is really shit.
And no sexual rape,so I had to content with Mobile suit Rape.
>>
>>13669936
>>13669930

Well I meant does anyone pilot it, but I'm guessing not. Also that seems like plot hole, they gather information about the sniper's positions and rotations from the Rick Dom that's fine. Though shouldn't Zeon I don't know, not use those positions and change up their rotation since they know their information has been comprised?
>>
>>13669951
They probably did change it, but then they just had the luck to face the gundam without their ace sniper on the field.
>>
>>13669951
Maybe because those position are considered hot spots...
>>
Can't we all just get along? Some people think Thunderbolt is shit; others think it's the new hotness. Same with IBO, same with G-Reco though if you say that G-Reco's good I'll fucking cut you, same with 00, same with Unicorn, same with every goddamn series in this here franchise of ours.

Let's learn to fucking be civil about this shit for once, ok? Can't we just agree to fucking disagree every once in a while?

I know, I know! /m/ *THRIVES* on people being elitist, stuck-up, flaming assholes. That's kinda our schtick.

All I'm asking is that we not be that right now because it ain't the time. PLEASE.
>>
File: Zeong_Thunderbolt.jpg (528KB, 1200x848px) Image search: [Google]
Zeong_Thunderbolt.jpg
528KB, 1200x848px
>>13666745
>I doubt Thunderbolt has psycommu remote weapons at all
>>
>>13666507
ZZ has been out on bluray for a while, shitdick
>>
>>13666970
sounds like az and no one liked az
>>
>>13670137

Surprisingly, the Psycommu hasn't shown up in the series. The P-Reuse device seems to be an exceedingly crude version that even Oldtypes can use, however. Daryl might be a Newtype, but I doubt that he'll turn out to be one. The mangaka usually explores cybernetics over outright supernatural phenomena.

It's interesting to note that Zeon has a captured Gundam, while the good guys have captured Mobile Armors/Psycommu. I'm personally wondering if there's going to be some kind of 'waifu swap' - i.e. The Feddie protagonist in a Mobile Armor, the Zeon protagonist in some kind of Zaku Gundam.
>>
>>13666385
>What were your guys thoughts?

I really enjoyed right at the beginning where he was playing with his controls and they animated his thrusters responding to it. Otherwise it was pretty dull.
>>
>>13669933
character designer was Hirotoshi Takaya
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=3631
>>
Did anyone else think this was REALLY silly? Like, what a retard would consider mature? The jazz, the awful characters, the dying. It was goofy as hell.

If you want a Gundam that actually has mature storytelling, try 0079.
>>
>>13670238

Only silly thing was Claudia's pompadour
>>
>>13670238

Really? I thought it was one of the most dignified Gundam shows I've ever seen. It actually reminded me a lot of Ace Combat, for some reason. Or, Top Gun.

It feels like an actual story set during wartime. If you're familiar with Garth Ennis, it's like his Battlefields series.
>>
File: wtf am I reading.jpg (228KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
wtf am I reading.jpg
228KB, 750x750px
>>13666385
>>13666411
>Alternate UC
>>
>>13670314
Like Origin, it takes place in a UC setting with some tweaks to it. The author straight up says he has permission to do whatever the hell he wants with it regardless of how well it fits with the rest of UC.
>>
>>13670314
Apparently, Gihren and Kycillia survive the battle at A Baoa Qu. No idea if the adaptation will get that far, though.
>>
As someone who likes Jazz a lot, this just adds extra comfiness to the show.
>>
>>13670258

When I think 'dignified', I don't think Top Gun.
>>
File: fraw buffalo wild wings.png (159KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
fraw buffalo wild wings.png
159KB, 500x334px
Eh, it was ok.
Generic and LOLMATURE as hell like Igloo, but with good action.

I like the bit with the Zaku getting rekt in first person. Makes me wish there was a decent Gundam fps with both ground and space battles.
>>
>>13668737
more like buy the english release
http://shogakukan.asia/mobile-suit-gundam-thunderbolt-1/
>>
Why is this so much fun? Literally Gundam: Redline.
>>
>>13670395
That's a bit of an exaggeration.
>>
My god the main character is probably the least likable I ever seen. Also this show is just so amateurish. Everything from the cringe worthy jazz shit, to the main character always catching a cold, to forced kiss and the lame ending where he is jizzing his pants screaming "Gundam".

Disappointing to the say the least considering how much /m/ hyped this shit up.
>>
>>13670398

Well, at least partially.
>>
>>13670399
>My god the main character is probably the least likable I ever seen.

>loves Jazz
>talks shit to other people's taste in music
>makes fun of cripples

>least likable

Better than angry autist and autist with a girl name.
>>
>>13670399
/mu/ please go.

>to the main character always catching a cold
He sneezed one time.
>>
>>13670418

Twice you fucking idiot and each time he asked his glasses wearing friend to toss a tissue. Is that his lame gimmick? Being a sneezing asshole and drumming in the cockput? Fuck off with your blind fanboyism you tard.
>>
>People still thinking Io is the only protagonist
>>
File: emi friends.png (243KB, 627x578px) Image search: [Google]
emi friends.png
243KB, 627x578px
>>13670421
>>
Of course when someone completely shatters your argument you post a lame meme. Sad to see what happens when you can't argue and have to deflect to save face. Faggots like you are amusing.
>>
File: bosleyfunnytoddfuuny.jpg (81KB, 526x492px) Image search: [Google]
bosleyfunnytoddfuuny.jpg
81KB, 526x492px
>>13666385
>Is this Alternate UC or just UC?

Thunderbolt is alternate UC just like the MSG series
>>
>>13670433
>meme
Found the Facebook fag.

Why the fuck are you so triggered by a character sneezing? Did a man with a cold rape you?
>>
>>13670437

>Triggered
Go back to reddit faggot

It is his lame gimmick you moron. In a 15 minute episode, he did it twice and both times it was the exact same thing. Simply put it was lame as fuck. Are they trying to make this dipshit more likable by always sneezing? It looks forced as hell and doesn't fit in with his ruthless nature.
>>
>>13670450
Seriously, why are you so angry about this? It's just emotionally irrational.
>>
>>13670450
>It looks forced as hell and doesn't fit in with his ruthless nature.

Yeah, he should take a rusty shank and cut himself with it instead.
>>
I hope they play some Fukui somewhere. some of the music in there sounded like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fHBAtZh150
>>
File: shot0003.png (773KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shot0003.png
773KB, 1280x720px
>>13669872
I want to throw her off Mt. Kilimanjaro...
>>
>>13670426
Are we talking about the Zeek who hated the guy who died but wants to avenge him anyway?
>>
>>13670577
Daryl and Io are supposed both be protagonists, though Io got more screentime.
>>
>>13666745
how does it go differently? the dialogue within the Thunderbolt OVA itself acknowledges the war is about to end. And what technology is changed? All they did was add what amounts to more MSV that the OYW is full of unless you count things like Johnny Ridden and Shin Matsunga as not canon either?
>>
>>13666965
>Yeah but that's over. They have to keep their brand out. After Bandai bought out Sunrise it's more about toys than ever before.

This misinformation needs to go away. Both Bandai the toy company and Sunrise are part of the larger Holding Group that is Namco Bandai. As such, Sunrise has even more immense power now as the license holder for Gundam because they are in a separate SBU from the Bandai toy company. Bandai has to pay Sunrise licensing and royalty fees for any merchandise.

Do you honestly think Bandai would allow episodes of merchandise to die in the same episode it debuts in if they were actually in control of Sunrise?
>>
>>13670340
But this is the anime, which Sunrise is making tweaks to make it fit. The Full Armor Gundam already is different from the manga version
>>
>>13670258
>dignified Gundam shows I've ever seen
Holy shit, are you 14?
>>
>>13670679
This. I probably would have eaten this shit up when I was 14.

Now it's just kind of unintentionally funny.
>>
File: 1446318219212.jpg (103KB, 364x525px) Image search: [Google]
1446318219212.jpg
103KB, 364x525px
>>13670632
They aren't variants, they are what the ms actually look like in thunderbolts setting. The model numbers are even identical to the originals to reflect this. So far there has also been no mention of newtypes from what I've read and psycommu is developed from prosthetic technologies that require a direct interface to function.
>>
>>13670732
So the RX-78 Full Armor Gundam is completely different from the RX-78-1 Full Armor Gundam, its not a repurposed, or variant?
>>
>>13669939
If they've ever shown quarters on a Zeon ship I'm pretty sure it was just a room with a bed in it, ala White Base. I love seeing details like this, even smaller stuff like when you see the GM pilots huddled together smoking cigarettes and blowing it into a vacuum tube. Stuff like that adds a sense of life to the art that tends to be neglected in, shall we say, more faggy Gundams.

>>13670399
>people bitching about "the MC"
You guys realize Io is straight up drawn like a jerk right? That you're supposed to kind of not like him, and actually empathize with Cripple Crew when he merks their friend on live video and makes fun of them?

>>13670577
Even if Daryl didn't particularly like Hoover, he was still his NAKAMA DESU and he still wants to get revenge for the sake of his team that got humiliated and traumatized. This isn't hard to understand if you're not autistic.
>>
File: page059.jpg (666KB, 1100x1600px) Image search: [Google]
page059.jpg
666KB, 1100x1600px
>>13670732
>So far there has also been no mention of newtypes
Literally in the first fucking episode and volume. Also the Psycho Zaku uses something called a "Reuse(P) device" which may be an offshoot of Psycommu tech.
>>
>>13669730
>Thunderbolt
>IBO
>breath of fresh air
>>
File: 1446275276160.jpg (296KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1446275276160.jpg
296KB, 847x1200px
>>13670772
Forgot about that.

>>13670749
The gundam is literally thunderbolts version of the F.A.G. Complete with rx-78 inside.
>>
>>13670792
So whats the crazy Fed girl pilot? A crappy GM?
>>
File: page123.jpg (388KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
page123.jpg
388KB, 847x1200px
>>13670802
Probably Thunderbolt's version of the RX-79[G]
>>
>>13670206
>Kaiketsu Zorro
Well, the characters do have visible noses in tha--
>AnimeRG put its entire English dub on a torrent
What, when did this happen?
>>
So with them skipping the introduction scene with chars zaku pimped out thuderbolt style, do you think they will be retconing the animated stuff to fit into normal uc or origin? Or is it still going to be its own thing?
>>
>>13670857
It's going to be its own thing
>>
>>13670860
>>13670821
So in the Thunderbolt UC, Pegasus Class ships/White Base is called Spartan?
>>
>>13670732
we're talking about the OVA not the comic. This panel is already not in the OVA, meaning sunrise is tweaking the manga adaptation to make it fit.
>>
>>13670887
It's just the name of that specific ship
>>
>>13670749
let's just wait for the MG coming out this year to confirm since its manual will have the fictional design lineage
>>
>>13668419
Hoover opened it himself to check the communication wire.
>>
>>13667270
Yes.

>>13667301
Yes.
>>
>>13667343
>I always thought /a/ loved
>/a/
>>
>>13670942
No, he seemed pretty surprised when the door opened by itself
>>
>>13670683
>This. I probably would have eaten this shit up when I was 14.
>Now it's just kind of unintentionally funny.

Isn't that all anime when you get to a certain age?
Everything becomes a 'trope'.
>>
>>13671008
It's definitely almost all anime. Not because you "know the tropes" per se but because most of the writing and even the concepts themselves are bad, and as people develop they become more aware of how bad.

It's funny though, the guy you quoted. At age 14 I thought UC was boring, because all I wanted to see was any and all AU shit about 1 invincible guy killing 500 guys at once using beam melee weapons.

I'm 28 now and Thunderbolt is the closest thing to what I could want from a Gundam show. Not to say that it's the epitome of class and good taste or something; ultimately you need to really enjoy mechporn to like it, and liking mechporn is in itself indefensibly kinda weird. It succeeds though in leaving out a lot of the stuff that I just can't stomache anymore, and leaving in a lot of the things that I still enjoy.
>>
>>13671056

Reckon you'll hate it before it ends.
>>
>>13671056
Basically, you fried your brain by watching too much anime and now you just want to shut your brain off and enjoy the nice flashy colors, explosions and edgyness? Christ, Thunderbolt really appeals to the mouthbreathing mentally 10 years old retards with shit taste. Bet you unironically enjoy capeshit and thought Bayformers were great films as well.
>>
>>13671068

you sure are mad someone insulted animu

it's fucking autistic samey shit, that's why it only appeals to nerds and only will ever appeal to nerds
>>
>>13667287

I liked Gundam 00. At least the first season. Crossroad ruined the second season, along with all the shallow romance, "I'm not going to tell my team shit they need to know about until it hurts them first" and those "just kill him already" moments.
>>
>>13671110

>>>/a/

why are you on the wrong board though
>>
>>13671123

>You like something I don't?

>back_to_reddit.jpg

Fucking chill, dude. He likes 00. You don't. No need to be an ass about it.
>>
I really liked it.

I Lo He's not a good guy.. No he's just the main character with decent taste in music for the scenario.

Also I could see this fucking up.. Gundam Unicorn started off strong and we all saw how that turned out.
>>
>>13671110
>I liked Gundam
Stopped reading there

>>13671104
>I'm 28 now
>you sure are mad someone insulted animu
>it's fucking autistic samey shit, that's why it only appeals to nerds and only will ever appeal to nerds

You sound like a 15 year old from /v/ or /tv/.
>>
>>13671189

>You sound like a 15 year old from /v/ or /tv/.
>>
>>13671194
>You sound like a 15 year old from /v/ or /tv/.
>>
>>13671068
Not that anon, but almost all of the mainstream media is enjoyed better while having turned off your brain.
>>
File: ZieE9Fj.jpg (347KB, 1057x1008px) Image search: [Google]
ZieE9Fj.jpg
347KB, 1057x1008px
>>13671068
>>13671068
I didn't say that I don't enjoy the story aspects of Thunderbolt. I do, especially in comparison to the kind of trash I used to like when I was 14. I'm just conceding that ultimately, you do kind of need the love of mechporn for it to work. I wouldn't show this to anybody who doesn't. Is it strange to you that part of the enjoyment of animated art is aesthetic? Do you think all of the other Gundam shows could survive without people having some visual fascination with giant robots and space sci fi shit?

Anyway I don't dislike stuff like Gundam SEED just because it has worse mechporn. The story is inherently more retarded by various details typical to that subsect of Gundam, i.e being about a bunch of high school sophomores piloting robots and manning a space battleship and etc. etc.

There are people my age that have such stunted emotional/social development that they make my weird look normal. These are the people that can still stomach all of the bad writing present in most anime. Perhaps because of legitimate autism they have no idea what even average dialogue looks like. Perhaps because of loneliness, they love shows that help them pretend they have an imaginary girlfriend. Perhaps they can't watch "edgy, grimdark" shows because it reminds them of their depressing lives. Perhaps this person is you, and that's why you're so ass-devastated? Are you so mad because I'm acknowledging that the shit you like is 100% for fucking babbies m8?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (190KB, 539x800px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
190KB, 539x800px
>>13670802
Guncannon
>>
>>13671265
>There are people my age that have such stunted emotional/social development that they make my weird look normal
You haven't even finished growing chump, I'm sure you'll find your place in the world and develop your own identity when you graduate from high school.
>>
>>13671273
Slutty showing off her ass like that
>>
>>13670314

Why does this even matter, its not like we ever see amuro or anyone outside of the zeong
>>
>>13670351
the ova is 4 eps long only, at around 15 mins each. So no, it's not going to get that far
>>
It astounds me how many people will still carry on about "MUH CORRECT TIMELINE" or correct tech lines and established mythos, holy fuck take a tip from Gundam and let go of that gravity before it weighs you down so much your head will fall into your ass
>>
>>13671355
Unless it somehow gets a big burst of popularity to get an extension like Unicorn did. Anything could happen within the next several months.

>>13671296
That cleavage though.
>>
>>13671273
more pictures of her please
>>
>>13670351
Where does this meme come from? They're only mentioned briefly before the end of the war.
>>
>>13670375
>Release Date 22 April 2015
Is it being distributed anywhere in the US?
>>
>>13671386
Unicorn's extension was because they couldn't fit the entirety of the novel which they had already announced to fully animate within their allotted budget.

This is different from Unicorn because Sunrise will only be animating up to a certain plot point in the manga just like how The Origin adaptation is only animating Char's backstory.
>>
>>13671490
it requires one of the manga publishers like Viz/Vertical to license it
>>
>>13671506
Oh. I suppose that's fair then, since there's no telling when the manga's publication will end anyways.
>>
>>13671490
You could try one of the online bookstores they list in the distribution part, but my guess is few, if any, will allow shipping to North America
>>
>>13671289
For the record, you don't even have the basic reading comprehension to know what my first post was about, nor could you stop yourself from sperging out after misinterpreting it.

You also assumed that I was this guy >>13671194 >>13671104 but I can't blame you. You're clearly in some kind of blind, autismal rage.
>>
>>13671565
>You're clearly in some kind of blind, autismal rage
Stop projecting, buddy. Why are you trying so hard?
>>
>>13671582
That's really weak 4chan judo desu senpai. You're supposed to tell me that my opinion is a meme, and that I need to go back to tumblr and/or reddit
>>
I read a bit of the manga, so I think I'll just avoid this fucking thing.
>>
>>13671655
Your loss, it's only 15 minutes
>>
Alright /m/autists, tell me this since /a/ seems incapable of holding a gundam thread. How long will it pass before bloody Zekes start using mobile armors that destroy spaceships by themselves, funnels and similar shite?

Also, just finished Stardust Memory today, which left me dissatisfied. I mean, Zekes are so incompetent, it hurts. They threw a goddamn colony on wheat fields? On Federation food? You took out 2/3 of their fleet, you dumb Zekes! Cripple them more. Otherwise you just look like crazy terrorists. Also, Nina is a dumb bitch.

Now that my blog post is over, my question. I go straight to Zeta now, right?
>>
>>13671714
Should have watched Zeta before 0083 in the first place, but sure.
If you don't understand why dropping the colony on their major source of food is much more crippling than taking out their fleet, I doubt you'll understand anything past this point. And 0083 isn't even particularly hard to understand or well written.
Just throw the towel in, and watch some moeshit instead. Maybe that type of show is more your speed.
>>
>>13671714
>chronologicalfag

you fucked up
>>
>>13671655
It's just mechaporn.
>>
>>13671123

I like Gundam 00 and I'm gonna stay on /m/. Deal with it, princess. I'll enjoy discussing mecha with you without you knowing about that fact.
>>
>>13671745

No, I get why they dropped it, I just don't like it. Plus, it backfired, didn't it? What with Titans rising. So, Zeta it is then.

>>13671800

Got a better suggestion?
>>
>>13671876
>Got a better suggestion?
In the order it was actually made and released.
>>
>>13670314
Alternate UC, as in non canon stuff in UC. like ZZ.
>>
>>13672861
Except even unicorn brings up events and things that happened during zz....
>>
>>13666937
Apparently it's "NOT ENOUGH ACTION TOO MUCH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AND DIALOGUE WHERE IS MY FIGHTS AT?!"
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.