[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frozen Teardrop interview

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: 1450995866155.jpg (906KB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1450995866155.jpg
906KB, 1936x2592px
-The actual reason we didn't get the MS designs was Katoki only wanting to draw the covers
-If if gets animated the designs will be altered for animation

Katoki is the new Nagano
>>
>>13665363
So they do talk about animation and even more redesigns? How many revisions will these suits go through? Holy fuck. Three different Snow Whites now?
>>
Hold on... this fucker didn't even draw much. The covers were mostly cloaked with only volumes 11 and 12 having new suits. The fuck was he smoking? Is that why stuff like the Virgo IV was just a recolor? Who did Queen of Hearts and the other 2 revealed years ago? This novel and everything surrounding it gives me a headache. I really hope the whole interview is translated by New Years.
>>
Oh come on, Katoki. I can't believe you.
>>
>>13665363
The hell?
>>
File: 1433729439261.jpg (628KB, 2456x1736px) Image search: [Google]
1433729439261.jpg
628KB, 2456x1736px
>>13665363
Katoki's a shit now?

ONLY OBARI CAN SAVE US FROM HIS FAGGOTRY!
>>
>>13665363
It mentions G-Unit. I need translations
>>
File: cha amuro.jpg (27KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
cha amuro.jpg
27KB, 200x200px
>>13665363
>If gets animated the designs will be altered for animation
>If
>>
>>13665363
Given all the BS capabilities of the MS, I could understand why Katoki was reluctant.

Moreso if it would get animated, as he'd actually have to properly design/redesign them to fit, like the one that can shift into a beast form, Fenrir I think (which we only got a vague image of what it looks like shifted).
>>
>>13665363

He knew it was bad.

When you say Mobile Suits were never seen again YOU BETTER MEAN IT.
>>
>>13665380
>>13665419
>>13665453
>>13665640
>>13666109
>Katoki is an famous designer
>they didn't offer him enough money for him to be interested
How fucking hard is it for you manchildren to understand basic economics? Why would he work underpaid for a shitty novel that only a few fujoshi are going to read?
>>
>>13665419
>>13665453
>>13665640
I think it has to do with Katoki just not wanting to draw anything without color.
Besides, it's not like he decides what gets put in the covers, so the decision to have the gundams cloaked is the novels' author's
>>
Katoki was the one who wanted a Wing sequel so he could design more Gundams, Kadokawa got Sumisawa to write but then Katoki backed off from the project and only the covers
>>
>>13666181
Understandable, since Sumisawa did jack shit with the gundams
>>
File: Frozen Teardrop Picture Drama 7.jpg (152KB, 1281x1284px) Image search: [Google]
Frozen Teardrop Picture Drama 7.jpg
152KB, 1281x1284px
>katoki is responsible for dual backhand scythes
god fucking damn it so much
>>
>>13666170
>this autistic
come on we know dummy.
>>
>>13666181
>>13666201
Both of them seemed to have fucked up on this project. That interview may be good
>>
>>13665363
From what I read, Katoki didn't want to reveal the design of Snow White until Frozen Tear Drop receives anime treatment. The author convinces him otherwise and Snow White ends up on the latest cover.
>>
File: .gif (587KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
.gif
587KB, 400x300px
>>13667598
Why is Katoki so autistic
>>
>>13667598
So katoki just thinks FT will get an anime adaption just because hes part of it?
>>
>>13667658
>>13667606
/m/ it's very simple: the design generates hype, hype generates sales, sales puts money in Katoki's pockets.

And if you do it through anime you get dat crunchyroll gaijin dosh.
>>
>>13667658
It's possible that FT is actually a Bandai novel project like Unicorn.

Unicorn was already planned by Bandai before the novels were even written.
>>
>>13667598
That makes sense. If it was just going to be in a throwaway novel it wouldn't be worth making. Katoki knows his Wing designs sale and wanted to capitalize on that. The problem is that it without designs the novel isn't going to push any sales.
>>
>>13667681
>It's possible that FT is actually a Bandai novel project like Unicorn.
No, Unicorn didn't pull this shit and had a hell of a lot more promotion to back up so its not as if it was just a pipedream like Frozen Teardrop since they announced an anime two volumes before the end whereas FT got nothing so it pretty much has as much chance of getting an anime as Hathaway's Flash.
>>
>>13667734
Not to defend Frozen Teardrop but Unicorn wasn't released during a period of 3 other Gundam series airing with 2 OVA planned. Unicorn also sold a shit load. Frozen Teardrop was doomed regardless of how good the actual material turned out because it had no MS designs.
>>
So, was Sally's daughter just her daughter by another man, or was she Wufei's kid?

Did Catherine and Trowa overcome social taboos?

What happens to Katherine and Trowa Phobos?
>>
>>13667775
>it had no MS designs.
It did but the audience got sick of the teasing and the story was going nowhere so sales dropped and not even the picture drama could muster up hype for it. Now this speciation could very much mean nothing and Bandai could be planning to animate it regardless and they just need to completely revamp the story as stated from the beginning the novels were just random notes to could make a potential sequel so let's just see if they do anything with it.
>>
>>13667658
Pure speculation. I think Katoki is hoping FT would follow the Unicorn formula (novel, kits and then anime). I think we are at second stage right now (we did get a MG Proto Wing Zero) but I think we aren't getting to the anime stage yet.

Interesting enough Unicorn novel is getting a Book 11 (penned by Fukui). So who knows maybe we will end up seeing Unicorn EP8 before seeing FT EP1.
>>
>>13668348
Well that interview talks about animation being a maybe but context is important. What it says and all that. The artbook is supposed to have more story in it too.
>>
>>13668355
The MG Proto Zero was due to GoL. Don't think it originally had anything to do with Frozen Teardrop until the 2nd Lunar War flashbacks.
>>
File: ft_cover.jpg (71KB, 568x800px) Image search: [Google]
ft_cover.jpg
71KB, 568x800px
I seriously hope this trainwreck of a story gets animated. Hopefully we get scans in the next couple of days.
>>
>>13668671
I'd say if something isn't announced by next Christmas then it isn't getting anything. Thunderbolt is only 15 minute episodes so the only thing really stopping it is The Origin which'll be over next year. IBO ends in spring so the only things in the pipeline are the BF OVAs. I'd go as far as to say if it isn't announced after IBO ends it wont happen. It wouldn't make sense to rush the ending if you weren't going to animate unless it was just canned. It either got canned because they wanted to animate it and wanted the novel which wasn't showing designs gone or they just didn't want it taking up ACE space. It still sold like 8k a volume which while bad still should be more that enough to make up publishing costs.
If it does get animated I doubt Sumisawa will be deeply involved. He has his own vision of Wing where Heero and Relena are the most important people in the world and their romance is more important than anything else. It's sickening. Even worse when the novel started off as Heero and the new generation fighting then turned to Heero and Relena in love the novella.
>>
>>13668663
>The MG Proto Zero was due to GoL. Don't think it originally had anything to do with Frozen Teardrop until the 2nd Lunar War flashbacks.
Sumizawa wrote both. He's treating Glory of Losers as the "definitive" Wing story.
>>
File: 1442986489088.png (161KB, 381x338px) Image search: [Google]
1442986489088.png
161KB, 381x338px
>>13666158
Katoki was the one that came up with a Wing Zero with actual wings in thr first >>13668355
>Interesting enough Unicorn novel is getting a Book 11 (penned by Fukui). So who knows maybe we will end up seeing Unicorn EP8 before seeing FT EP1.
place.

Wat? Source!?
>>
>>13670326
Nvm, found it.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.