[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, I just finished the original Macross series, and did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Scene_from_Robotech.jpg (59KB, 473x359px) Image search: [Google]
Scene_from_Robotech.jpg
59KB, 473x359px
Alright, I just finished the original Macross series, and did Misa really win the Hikarub owl? It seems like he was just settling for her.
>>
File: ideal marriage3.jpg (142KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ideal marriage3.jpg
142KB, 1440x1080px
Hikaru a shit
>>
>>13664028

Minmei's a bimbo
>>
File: Claudia.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Claudia.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>13664028
Hikaru is a fucking idiot. He didn't even notice when Claudia made a pass at him. He could have had BEST girl but now he's stuck fucking his boss.
>>
>>13664028
It's not a b owl.
It's a love triangle and she won by default cause Minmay self destructed & fucked her asshole cousin.
>>
File: Misa.Hayase.full.406777.jpg (135KB, 600x991px) Image search: [Google]
Misa.Hayase.full.406777.jpg
135KB, 600x991px
Minmei was a shit. Top class cinnabun hair milf, Misa, was the obvious choice.

In all seriousness though Minmei was a really selfish and oblivious human bean.
>>
Hayase was only 19 years old at the start of Macross
>>
>>13664073
But she acts like a naggy Obaa-san.
>>
>>13664078
She IS a naggy obaa-san
>>
>>13664028
Hikaru realised that if Minmay would even consider someone as retarded as Kaifun then she's not worth it
>>
>>13664039
>didn't stick with the Skull one
>didnt stick with hot brown
Hikaru would do better copying a better character
>>
>>13664078

Read the novel White Reminiscences to find out why she acts. Link to get novel is here:

http://depfile.com/tE8YKdH
>>
>>13664073
What? The Robotech novels have her at 24.
>>
>>13664073
Was the unification war in Macross really so big that there was fighting happening on mars? Zero really didn't give off that impression to me.
>>
>>13665267
I thought there was one single base on Mars that a single government body owned.
>>
>>13665269
Misa's fiance was stationed on a mars base and it was attacked by the the anti-UN forces in an attack. They don't really provide any more information than that. I have no idea if it was just a single base or not.
>>
>>13665278
The Macross went to Mars to resupply and they made it sound like there was only one base. Also, the Anti-UN forces attacked a ship going from Mars to Earth, not the Mars base itself.

The only reason I know so much is because I just got finished watching it.
>>
>>13664028
I think she did.

While he obviously cares deeply about Minmei, it is as he always reminds himself: they live in two very, different worlds.

I think Hikaru realizes that he can emotionally connect with Misa: if he doesn't love her now, he will definitely grow to love her; things will get better for them down the road, stability wise. So maybe he is settling for her, but not because Minmei's unobtainable
>>
>>13664028

No, Hikaru and Misa had a deeper connection with each other than Hikaru and Minmay did. Hikaru was really only in love with her at the start because he was star struck. Minmay only fell for Hikaru at the end because she was coming off of an abusive relationship. Misa and Hikaru always had more chemestry together and they actually had things in common.

Basically, Hikaru, Minmay and Misa all knew what they wanted at the end and the love triangle broke up amicably.
>>
>>13664028

The Hikaru/Minmay relationship was extremely toxic from the start. You weren't supposed to root for them to get together and if you did you kind of missed the point of their characters. Minmay never really thought of Hikaru as more than a friend and Hikaru was an idiot for stringing himself along and waiting so long to make a move because he thought the move was already made for him.

Cue the timeskip and its even worse. Hikaru is in a stable relationship with Misa but tries to rekindle something with Minmay to relive the past. Minmay on the other hand is a broken down mess coming off of a bad relationship, trying to idealize a relationship with someone she doesn't love because anything is better than Kaifun.

Listen to her lyrics in Sunset Beach. Unlike My Boyfriend Is A Pilot, that one actually is written about Hikaru and is a desperate cry for help. And in Angel's Paint she basically realizes that she made a horrible mistake in choosing Kaifun and that its too late to try and wedge herself between Misa and Hikaru just to make herself feel better.

>>13664064

Minmay was a 16 year old girl and acted like one. I really like her character because she gets dragged through the mud and suffers for her mistakes. By the end of the show and the movie she's a much more mature person who has learned from her past. Its really not fair to judge her too harshly since being an oblivious teen is part of her character and part of what makes her post-war decent tragic.
>>
>>13665476
I've only watch SDF Macross, which series/movie/OVA does the timeskip happen in?
>>
>>13665481
After ep 27
>>
>>13665489
Oh, that timeskip. I didn't know that's what you were talking about.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.