[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Linebarrels of Iron

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12

File: kurogane-no-linebarrel-714860.jpg (76KB, 800x957px) Image search: [Google]
kurogane-no-linebarrel-714860.jpg
76KB, 800x957px
Rewatched the anime and reading the manga and they're both pretty good. I absolutely love the mecha designs and I like how just being a hot blooded brat doesn't work for for the MC. Let's talk about them.

Also, does anyone know the name of the music that plays when Yajima dies in episode 4? Been looking everywhere with no luck.
>>
The manga's art is fucking amazing. Shame about the shitty anime.
>>
Does anyone know if smg plans to scanlate the rest of it?
>>
File: HINDTANK.jpg (479KB, 832x1200px) Image search: [Google]
HINDTANK.jpg
479KB, 832x1200px
HINDTANK
>>
File: HINDTANK 2.jpg (538KB, 832x1200px) Image search: [Google]
HINDTANK 2.jpg
538KB, 832x1200px
>>13663301
HIND

TANK
>>
>>13663307
Pls don't bully
>>
File: hindtank.jpg (2MB, 1630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hindtank.jpg
2MB, 1630x1200px
>>13663307
>>13663315
HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIND

TAAAAAAAAAAANK
>>
>>13663121
>liking a thing
>on /m/
Oh you poor sod.
>>
>>13663480
Hind tank a cool.
>>
File: hindwhat.jpg (385KB, 800x769px) Image search: [Google]
hindwhat.jpg
385KB, 800x769px
>>13663307
>>13663315
H
I
N
D

TANKtop.
>>
>>13663484
This isn't /v/ newfriend
>>
>>13663505
Have we been visiting the same /m/ this year?
>>
>>13663500
But wasn't manga Yamashita a dude?
>>
>>13663522
Have you?
>>
>>13663653
Have you?
>>
>>13663661
/m/ isn't a hivemind. Just because a vocal minority hates something doesn't mean that's what everyone thinks.
>>
File: 994910099.jpg (24KB, 267x384px) Image search: [Google]
994910099.jpg
24KB, 267x384px
>>
>>13663121
>I like how just being a hot blooded brat doesn't work for for the MC

Congratulations, you enjoy shitty Gonzo directors changing shit to fit their preferences.

While the shitty Gonzo version is all about that the authors original intent was paying homage to classic Toku such as Kamen Rider where becoming a Hero of Justice means one must sacrifice their humanity
>>
>>13663853
What I mean is that I like that hotbloodedness alone isn't enough to sage the day. In both the manga and tv series, he has to grow as a person and actually learn how to strategize and pilot Linebarrel effectively.
>>
>>13663860
Sounds like your average /m/ series to me. Or the pilot in question already knows that from the start, but still
>>
>>13663918
It's just that the way it was executed was really good.
>>
POST SEXY MACHINAS
>>
>>13664002
>>
Did the second lineart collection ever get scanned?
>>
>>13663922
Or you're really fucking new
>>
>>13663307
What always makes me smile is how Moritsugu reveals that he is just big dork as the others
>>
>>13664353
Its almost like I'm actually on /v/!
>>
>>13663525
...In theory, yes.

>>13664369
Speaking of that, doesn't one of Vardent's frames have shoulder cannons? I seem to remember him using them against that really big Arma.

Is Volume 23 the last translated one?
>>
>>13663121
>Rewatched the anime
>pretty good.
So how does it feel to have absolute shit taste?
>>
Were Japanese raws (not Chinese ones) of the last volume ever uploaded? I can read moon to an extent so I read 24 raw, but I haven't seen the last one anywhere back then.
>>
Now I'm not against Hiraiface since I like S-cry-ed and Fafner and all, I also heard in general that it was just a really bad adaptation, so I never saw it.

Liked the OP though.
>>
>>13665090
I think the OP was the worst thing about the anime.
>>
>>13664994
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=729139
>>
File: Vardant Cannon.jpg (81KB, 778x401px) Image search: [Google]
Vardant Cannon.jpg
81KB, 778x401px
>>13664489
If you mean these than I'm not entirely certain I'd call them shoulder cannons
>>
>>13665090

The soundtrack in general was pretty solid. I liked the Ali Project opening. But, man. Conisch's music was killer. The OST is probably the anime's only saving grace.

Although Hiraiface isn't all that bad, since Hisashi was adapting someone else's designs, everyone looks pretty distinctive still.

The worst parts are:

>wonky pacing
>stiff CGI
>bland animation in general
>simplified mecha design
>none of the manga's twists and turns
>a hell of a lot more fanservice and tentacles
>>
>Faggots with shit taste liking ALI Project
>>
>>13668359
Quick look of it myself, stiff isn't the right word to describe the CGI.

It's definitely a Gonzo work though. You can see they're a decade ahead of the curve in terms of technical prowess, but their inability to simply adapt things and maintain a budget proved to be their downfall. Real shame too.
>>
>>13668423

Yeah, I mean. Their early digital and CGI stuff was way ahead of the rest of the pack.

They just never really moved beyond that.

There's a noticeable bump in the quality of the CGI riiight around the half-way point (Compare "The Black Executioner" to the episode before it and it's a seriously glaring difference) but it never really moves beyond "okay".

Compared to other mecha series with mostly-CG mecha that came out around the same time, it definitely is towards the lower end of the spectrum no matter how you slice it.
>>
It's not so much the CGI for me, but the shitty fight choreograph and how they frame the shots. The manga had the machina drawn in such a way that they look huge and have a strong presence. In the anime they are just kinda there.
>>
>>13668457
That was around the time people started moving towards chopper CGI to better mesh with traditional animation though, right?

It's kinda weird now that fluidity is praiseworthy again when that was like one of the things people would finger Gonzo for doing, the way I remember it.

I've been meaning to sift through the whole Gonzo catalog to more properly make a case about their contributions to the medium, anyway.
>>
>>13663121
>Also, does anyone know the name of the music that plays when Yajima dies in episode 4?
Anyone know the answer to this? I'm interested too.
>>
>>13665536
Oh, I thought they were shoulder cannons. Disappointing.

>>13664994
>>13665465
So, what were the last two volumes like? I imagine they kill MURDERBITCH and beat Deus, but what all went down? Any other deaths? Did Shangri-La finally get majorly involved in a battle?

>>13668359
>The OST is probably the anime's only saving grace.

PROUD.

That is all.
>>
>>13670677
>not liking Vardant's VSBRs
>>
So no way to find the last 2 volumes in english? I checked in mangaupdates and the last update was almost a year ago, I can't find them anywhere
>>
>>13670677

PROUD's overrated. And a bit too slow for my tastes.
>>
>>13672173
No. SMG has disappeared as he likes to do
>>
>>13668423
>It's definitely a Gonzo work though. You can see they're a decade ahead of the curve in terms of technical prowess

Yeah, the way Zearth moved in Bokurano was in a way that actually felt believable for a machine with that much mass.
>>
>>13672146
I mean, they're nice, but Moritsugu is right in that it needs shoulder cannons. Plus, pretty sure VSBRs aren't handheld.

>>13672176
Boooooo.

>>13672199
>actually felt believable for a machine with that much mass.

What's your opinion on Reideen?
>>
>>13672916
>What's your opinion on Reideen?

Never saw it, all I know is it's supposedly really gay.

Also in Bokurano's case I was referring to Zearth being CG. CG generally has problems with a sense of weight being displayed, but when Zearth moved you felt it. You see the ground buckle, cars shaking or being lifted into the air, windows in buildings shatter from the force that just got exerted on the ground near them. I reminded me of showing Big O walking in the first episode.
>>
>>13672934
We're talking about different Reideens here. You're thinking Chouja, the 90s series. I'm talking REIDEEN, the 2000s series. This guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4aLUYBCbUU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS3dHVajHlA
>>
File: 3180217.jpg (624KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
3180217.jpg
624KB, 1280x1024px
>>
File: gallery_28_2.jpg (320KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
gallery_28_2.jpg
320KB, 600x800px
>>
>>13672916

REIDEEN is a Production IG work. Not sure if that's a fair comparison to something Gonzo put out, if only because of the (presumably) big difference in budgets.
>>
>>13673061
More was talking in the "big robots that move as if they have actual weight" sense.

Which is one of the things that show had going for it, that and the OST. Everything else... eh.
>>
>>13673061
Gonzo didn't have problems securing good budget from time to time, it had problems pacing its budget.

The joke went that Gonzo could make amazing early episodes only to descend into shit later on as they run out of money (the other half of the Gonzo effect was that they couldn't just simply adapt a work 1:1 and their habit of reinventing things peeved off people a lot), and that's why they kept going bankrupt. No sense of budget control.
>>
File: tumblr_mmr785lgD21ree25uo4_1280.jpg (154KB, 740x902px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmr785lgD21ree25uo4_1280.jpg
154KB, 740x902px
Don't get why Gonzo made him a bad guy
>>
>>13664727
this desu senpai
>>
>>13664994
Iirc bitch gets killed by edgemeister cause she disgusts him and NTRs her pets. Lincoln believes in MC's justice and bless him with more power. Glasses bros it up with MC. Robogirl falls for delinquent turned otaku albeit very, very reluctantly. Edgemeister blindsides MC but he soon recovers and makes edgemeister realize how he wanted to be justice all along but didn't believe in it enough. Then MC goes back in critical condition. Sniperboy is now leftover twin's copilot and boy. Final confrontation split between defending on earth and attacking the moon. MC comes back in a heavy config Linebarrel with lots of swordcape-holsters and transam. Turns out robots made men because otherwise robots have no purpose but failed in breaking past the imagination limit so the people always died and got reset over and over again. Edgemeister dies trying to be justice one last time saving earth's ass and Robogirl fights to the death for love now that she finally understands it. Kouichi and Deus battle it out evenly even though his body isn't supposed to last that long using linebarrel at supermode performance. He wins, Deus commends his justice and being able to surpass his imagination and dies leaving behind his cape for Linebarrel. Everyone returns to earth and the truth of the victory is revealed Kouichi is just a brain now. The remaining half of his body couldn't be recovered so he decided to use a brainpod to keep piloting linebarrel in super mode. Everyone gets their happy ending, Katou is grows decrepit old while Emi takes care of him and Kouichi watches over the Earth in Deus' place from the moon taking up his cape.
>>
>>13681769
>Robogirl fights to the death for love now that she finally understands it.

So... Lovebarrel was completely pointless?
>>
>>13681795
Well she did give the otaku a robot waifu so not completely pointless. She also bonded with the woman from Katou's crew and saved her too.
>>
>>13681830
Yeah, but the otaku was kind of pointless after Volume 2 or so.
>>
>>13682754

Alot of characters turned out to be pointless.

Honestly the manga end kind of sucked after being so much better than the anime for so long.
>>
>>13663121
>Rewatched the anime and reading the manga and they're both pretty good.

OP is a faggot and a troll.
>>
>>13683302
It would probably be a lot better if it was more spaced out and had more time for character development. Like, say, if it got an anime.
>>
Yeah you can definitely see that the mangaka wanted to end it and move on to Ultraman. The story falls apart sharply after the timeskip.
>>
>>13683355
I wouldn't say it falls apart because they wanted to move on, but I think they just had too much riding on the last portion of the manga. Sawatari is now apparently a somewhat important character out of fucking nowhere, the entire Miu thing, and pretty much the entire Machina War.
They had ideas they wanted to use, and they used them, but the pacing and the track of the manga didn't work well with their use, and the only remedy for this would be to flat-out rewrite past chapters.

Poor planing is more to blame, I think.
>>
Linebarrel VS Ultraman when
>>
>>13683725
To be fair, Sawatari becoming important sort of became a thing just before the timeskip when he became Lostbarrel's Factor.
>>
>>13687260
Emi should have become the Factor for Lostbarrel. She should have then had to sacrifice her body like Kouichi and they should have been giant robot husband and giant robot wife
>>
>>13687265
Even better: Robot girl gives her Lovebarrel to pilot.
>>
>>13687268
Lovebarrel never should have been a thing.
Her arc should have been combined with Miu.
Miu still goes crazy but finds redemption in love and then dies at the place Lovebarrels pilot dies.
>>
>>13687271
>Lovebarrel never should have been a thing.

Well I'm not denying that, but if it had to be a thing at all, at least give it to her.
>>
Pretender is best girl
>>
>>13687265
>>13687268
>>13687271
>>13687285
This is not fanfiction.net. Take your shitty ideas there if you're going to take them anywhere, you asshats.
>>
>>13687271
>Miu
>redemption
That would defeat the entire point of her character. No thanks.
>>
>>13688525
Her character had no point in fact it was obvious that they had more plans for her and then the timeskip happened and forgot about it, hell the cast don't seem to give a shit about what happened to her at all.
>>
File: 011.jpg (41KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
011.jpg
41KB, 640x640px
http://heros-ultraman.com/topics/20151231/post-218
>>
>>13687869
Nice blog post.
Care to add a trip so we can fellatio you?
>>
>>13688537

They just forget all about her, with Kouchi giving off a "I should have just let her die way back when" and that was it.

Even the cover showing the original Juda team didn't have her in it. It's like they regreted her whole character and just wanted her gone.
>>
>>13683355

It's a complete fucking mess. I honestly prefer the anime's ending when all was said and done. I expected better from this honestly.
>>
>>13692812
I think the final cover did but she way in the background as a head while everyone was smilling and add insult to injury Izuna is in the front with his sister. Yeah..they really didn't like her character which begs the question why they didn't do anything to improve her or make her actions more significant.
>>
>>13692818
How about the SRW endings?
>>
>>13692818
>I honestly prefer the anime's ending when all was said and done.
I wouldn't go that far since the anime ended with Juda becoming a fucking spa resort.
>>
>>13692818
>expected better from this honestly
You expected better from mindless fanboys writing their own mecha? Yeah, I don't think so. This just further goes to show that the less a fan someone actually is of /m/ stuff, the better they are at making /m/ stuff and vice-versa
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.