[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Dimension Century Orguss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: OrgussEyecatch.jpg (30KB, 621x475px) Image search: [Google]
OrgussEyecatch.jpg
30KB, 621x475px
Is this show a piece of shit or what? Finished it recently and hoping that OVA is much better. Discuss.
>>
WHERE ARE YOU GOING WHEN ARE YOU COMING HOME?
>>
>>13659755
I liked it
>>
>>13659770
The opening was really enoyable - I'll give it that.
Kinda sucks that I watched the ancient DVDs and not the gorgeous looking BDs.

Also the last episode's ending is one of the worst I have seen in any anime ever.
>>
>>13659755

Really liked the premise, but they kind of gave up on early on. Jabby stops appearing almost entirely after a couple of episodes. The Mu robot dude never does anything of meaning until the end of the show. The Chiram and the Emaan have distinct and alien cultures for about one episode each, and then are treated as perfectly normal humans for the rest of the series. They even made a point of establishing that the Emaan don't mourn for prolonged periods of time, and then they do exactly that for every single person that dies from that episode on.

It feels like they had a bunch of neat ideas so they wrote them all down, put them all in the show, and then realized that they were out of ideas so they just did standard boring shit for the rest of the show.

Also, the animation is terrible. I kept expecting there to be one good fight because they have to have been saving their budget for SOMETHING, right?

Wrong.
>>
>>13659788

What was there to like? The characters were paper thin, half of the episodes could have been easily discarded, the story went nowhere and there were tons of re-used animation shots.
>>
>>13659799
>The characters were paper thin, half of the episodes could have been easily discarded, the story went nowhere and there were tons of re-used animation shots.
All of this but the contrary.
>>
>>13659755
Original was meh, but Orguss 02 is fucking amazing. Highly recommended.
>>
>>13660043

Okay, most of this is opinion and you're allowed to have your own opinion.

But not the re-used animation shots. I definitely watched the exact same Ishkicks exploding repeatedly in almost every episode. Usually multiple times an episode. That shot of Orguss pushing off of a wall to change direction was reused so much that he once did in space, where there was nothing for him to push off of. And that's just when they bothered to animate anything. Most of the fight scenes are just still frames sliding around slowly.
>>
>>13659755
I'm laughing at Orguss a lot more than I'm laughing with Orguss, but after you've seen a bunch of other 80s stuff it's one you haven't seen yet.
>>
>>13659799
>What was there to like?

Dude, so much. If you're a fan of Macross, it's really easy to see shallow similarities between the two casts, so I liked imaging Orguss characters as alternative universe versions of Macross'. That made things like the time travel incest plot even funnier when it's Milia trying to jump Max's bones.

When the tentacled girls kept saying they'll become unwanted hags after they turn 18 always made me crack a smile.

When that one guy died then came back to die again, I busted out laughing. The look on his face was priceless.

Fights did suck, I started skipping through them so it wasn't a big deal to me.

Watching every crowd scene or computer monitor for cameos was fun too. Naked Misa, a bunch of Vifam characters, Magical Emi, ect. ect.

Like the other guy said,
>It feels like they had a bunch of neat ideas so they wrote them all down, put them all in the show, and then realized that they were out of ideas so they just did standard boring shit for the rest of the show.

But instead of "just did standard boring shit", they kept throwing more crazy ideas out hoping you don't notice that they didn't know what to do. That quick shot of Mecha Mecca was pretty great. The robot loli getting on a turret to fend off marauding cavemen was fun.

As for the ending, I liked it a lot. I know they were going to undo the dimension splitting, but I couldn't imagine their solution was to pull a gun their past selves! Then their past selves pull guns on their future selves! Then they all dive and fire and I just laughed at the obsurdity of it all.

So yeah, I think it's a mess and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they had a certain sense of humor, but I liked it. I bought the recent DVD release to show my support, but it's not going to be opened any time soon.
>>
>>13659755
I disagree I loved it.
>>
File: eac94121fbb485a0c4748c68ccaad54f.jpg (249KB, 950x1166px) Image search: [Google]
eac94121fbb485a0c4748c68ccaad54f.jpg
249KB, 950x1166px
>not posting the best part of the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RjKv8J1y4U
>>
>>13659755
I enjoyed it. It collapsed a bit at the end but there wasn't any time I felt it wasn't fun to watch.
>>
>>13662450

Why does everyone look like chipmunks in this pic and why does Kei have a laser sword?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.