[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eva virgin talks Eva

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: The_End.png (621KB, 1153x634px) Image search: [Google]
The_End.png
621KB, 1153x634px
"How disgusting..."

SO, I literally JUST finished the entire series+EoE a couple of hours ago, and I must say... I don't know what to say. on one hand, I can honestly the ride to EoE was incredible. it built amazing characters, staged amazing fight scenes, and atmosphere.

THEN, cam EoE. and it was honestly heart breaking to see everyone come to an end, and see Shinji revert to the miserable husk from the first episode, leaving the world in an unfinished mesh due to his indecisiveness of his own will.

Did anyone feel this way when EoE happened?
>>
>>13657796
You will grow to love EoE over the next couple of days.
>>
>>13657796
EoE was garbage Anno shat out to appease the people too stupid to understand the original ending.
>>
>>13658115
But TV 25 and 26 is where the characters just sit around and spell out all their motives. It was a complete insult to the intelligence of the audience and removed any semblance of subtlety from the plot and characters.
>>
>>13657796
see
>>13658103
>>
>>13658149
fucks that suppose to mean
>>
I'll never get the appeal of Eva.
>>
>>13658115
I agree. But I still think EoE was good in its own way.

Can't say I really cared for Eva as a whole though.
>>
>>13658189
it's too deep for you, pleb
>>
Eva was better when I rewatched it as a robot anime instead of a "so deep shinji is so relateable xD" anime.
>>
>>13658314
>it was better when i decided to not even try and use my brain anymore so everything pleases me
>>
>>13658130
Plen. EoTV was GOAT
>>
>>13657796
>revert to the miserable husk from the first episode
I think you need to rewatch the movie, he did the exact opposite of that at the end of the movie
>>
I did not care for Eva much as a whole. There were only two parts I liked. Episode 18 and EoE
>>
>>13658115
>>13658189
>>13659580
edgy contrarian fedora underaged poster /v/tards
>>
>>13658189

I'll never get the appeal of Gundam.
>>
>>13657796

EoE was the apex of the franchise, it builds on every strength the series had. Shinji was far worse than he was in the first episode during EoE and comes out a better person.
>>
>>13657796
>THEN, cam EoE. and it was honestly heart breaking to see everyone come to an end, and see Shinji revert to the miserable husk from the first episode

You mean Shinji accepting that instrumentality is actually shit and that pain is actually important to personal growth and development is him reverting to the miserable husk from the first episode?

What?
>>
>>13659948
See what I mean? The gross amount of buzzwords in her posts proves she was too stupid to understand the original ending and thus flocks to EoE because it spoonfeeds you everything.
>>
>>13657796
I love Eva, but I never really liked EoE
>>
I like Fafner better
>>
OP here, seeing all this conversation about the EoE and the philosophical side of it actually makes me wish the series was longer so we could get more Eva action in there. like, I was loving the fact that the angels got smarter, and more challenging with each progressing episode. Armiseal was probably my favorite because of it's crazy manipulation powers. I wish we could've gotten more of that to level out the character development

I felt like near EoE, the show wasn't about the Eva's anymore. Shinji just kinda broke down, argued with the Lillim and himself about what he even wanted anymore, and fucked over the fate of the world because of it.
>>
File: wat.jpg (5KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
5KB, 243x207px
I literally just finished 25 + 26. I didn't even watch them completely I skipped a couple minutes, watched for 30 seconds and then skipped another couple minutes.

People seem to think the last two episodes are some great catharsis, some relief, a realisation of self; I suppose it was, to some extent. What annoyed me is the fact that it was just circular dialogue repeating over and over, as though they forced Shinji's character development over 40 minutes rather than letting him unfold like an actual human being.

I don't watch much anime but I read plenty of books and I have to say I was severely disappointed by NGE. I was expecting robot battles entwined with philosophy, religion and ethics. I definitely got that, but I only got about 30 seconds of it per episode, the other 20 minutes are wasted on characters that don't grow and plots that are so busy trying to appear mysterious and meaningful that they've forgotten to also be entertaining.

Is all anime like this? NGE was executed with the finesse of a first year college student studying creative writing and psychology. What a fucking let down.
>>
>>13661178
>Is all anime like this?
You basically described a lot of anime

>20 mins talking heads
>2 mins robots
>30 seconds fight, it might have good animation or might not

That's just how budget works.
>>
>>13661178
No, NGE is not all anime. It's the epitome of babby's first "deep" anime and for many a pleb it's the oldest anime they'll dare watch.

Go watch Dougram or something. How about MSG? Giant Gorg? Wings of Honneamise?

If you still want a good "babby's first" Akira is both a good movie and great manga.
>>
>>13661260
>Giant Gorg?

He didn't like Eva and you expect him to be impressed by a shoddily written and generic sci-fi adventure story for kids?
>>
>>13661260
Akira is boring shit.

Ideon is fun.
>>
>>13661271
>>13661295
Ah well, I thought robot ripping and the like'd be better. I suppose I was wrong.
>>
>>13661260

I'll do some research and give anime another chance. When I started watching anime I just wanted to watch some cool as fuck battles. I can definitely appreciate the themes and plot... as long as they're executed well. If they aren't there better be some good action to supplement.
>>
>>13661328
Just fucking watch Jin-Roh: The wolf brigade and Patlabor 2

Then your pleb ass views will get BTFO
>>
>>13661328
Personally I enjoyed Eva more after I watched anime for a couple years. It's got good animation and interesting homages to old stuff but it's not as DEEP as faggots make it sounds, just very popular. It is probably still important to watch anyway early on. If someone just started watching anime I would recommend watching old stuff if they can accept it like Tomino or Macross, or open a seasonal chart and watch the latest "trainwreck" mecha anime to see what those are like.
>>
>>13661328
You don't have to if you don't want to. Other guys say what I said wasn't right, so it's wrong. Do as you like.
>>
>>13661328
I would recommend you watch SDF Macross. If you can get by the older and limited animation style, it'll get you hooked
>>
>>13661178
>I didn't even watch them completely.

Did you find char to be out of character in CCA too?

> NGE was executed with the finesse of a first year college student studying creative writing and psychology
I agree with you on this, but as far a the animation goes it's very slick in many a part.
>>
>>13658130
>25 and 26 were an insult to the intelegence

well mybe it was 2deep4u
>>
>>13657796
>Did anyone feel this way when EoE happened?

It felt like looking in a mirror and it made me feel like a weight was on my chest and wouldn't leave. I decided to watch the most dumb lighthearted /m/ stuff from then on. Being a Shinji is shit.

Evangelion felt like Anno was trying to exercise his personal demons and I'm going through shit right now so fuck that goddamn.
>>
>>13661271
>>He didn't like Eva and you expect him to be impressed by a shoddily written and generic sci-fi adventure story for kids?

Shoddily written robots fighting for kids is almost all the giant robot anime. If you can't appreciate that I don't think it's for you.

Even 10/10 series like Patlabor isn't exactly on the level of literature.
>>
>>13661295
>Akira is boring shit.

You best be talking about the movie there nigga. The manga was great.
>>
>>13661178
The last two episodes of Eva are complete shit because they ran out of money.
>>
>>13657796
Now watch Rebuild.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.