[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay I am 10 episodes in and so far this seems passable. When

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: latest.jpg (94KB, 658x437px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
94KB, 658x437px
Okay I am 10 episodes in and so far this seems passable. When does it turn to complete it?
>>
>>13649361
Somewhere around that episode count
>>
>>13649362

I would say around episode 15.
>>
>>13649361
Personally, I'd tell you to stop right now and read a synopsis, or go play SRWZ1 along with the LP or something.

But if you want to suffer along with everyone else, then keep it going.
On episode 13, the old cast returns, and then afterwards, there's a huge lack of focus because the series wants to focus on so many big players, so it forgets to add extra characters to the cast.

General opinion is that the quality goes up and down between 13 to 34, and that the series has really goes down hill upon episode 39

But it's the last 10 episodes that sink the ship.
>>
>>13649369
Basically this
Think of 1-13 as it's own show, a SEED OVA like the Astrays, if you will.
Think of 39-50 as a SEED sequel, continued adventures of Kira and co.
Think of the part in the middle as bad fanfic that got passed around.
>>
The "Cagalli is crying" episode is where it really starts spiralling down.
>>
>>13649431
someone should recut the first 13 episodes and make them about the fall of junius seven and it's aftermath and have that be like the 9/11 or 0083 of C.E.
>>
>>13649361
You've already watched the peak of Destiny; it's all downhill from there.
>>
Episode 37.
>>
>>13649361
>When does it turn to complete it?
At the final episode is when it is complete.
>>13649369
>go play SRWZ1
Every fucking time.
SRW autists are the worst.
>>
Shinn was the best Gundam protagonist we never had. He was supposed to be the next Kamille but that fuckhead Fukuda and Japan's shit taste blew it all.
>>
>>13649361
It doesn't, really.
Unless you think Shinn is going to be the new Kamille and be the star of the show.
Some people here think the overtly dishonest big bad's master plan is really in your best interests and in no way a power grab for himself, and those people think the ending fails because the show doesn't act like he was right (he's a really good liar, so he always *sounds* like a good guy but the show goes to lengths to show he can't be trusted).
>>
File: gsdflawlessvictory.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gsdflawlessvictory.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
>>13649369
>But it's the last 10 episodes that sink the ship.
The remaster softens the blow, but I think that anyone who calls himself a /m/an should experience firsthand the CRUSHING DISAPPOINTMENT that was the original ending.
>>
>>13650601
They merged the Final Plus with the remasters.
>>
>>13650601
In case anyone's curious, in the original ending:
>The (not!)Tri-Stars do not get hit
>Athrun does not go with Kira to confront Durandal
>Shinn and Luna are left stranded on the moon
>Lacus does not give her speech at the end of the battle
>No epilogue. The last shot is like in the picture
>>
>>13650642
Which is bullshit because it attempts to retcon Destiny as being something other than the worst entry in the franchise's history.

No other series has ever gotten the chance re-do their mistakes like this one. It's cheating.
>>
>>13650595
Durandal was a shady liar, sure. But what was wrong with the destiny plan?
>>
File: Stock Footage Magic.webm (391KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Stock Footage Magic.webm
391KB, 640x480px
>>13650601

>I think that anyone who calls himself a /m/an should experience firsthand the CRUSHING DISAPPOINTMENT that was the original ending.

Don't forget all the QUALITY moments throughout the series
>>
File: 1342229785357.gif (15KB, 646x484px) Image search: [Google]
1342229785357.gif
15KB, 646x484px
>>13650764
Sounds fine on paper, anon
>>
>>13650764
The Destiny Plan is essentially utter subjugation of Naturals by Coordinators, as being the best and most talented at everything naturally means they'd have the best jobs. All relationships will become state-mandated to guarantee the ideal offspring, meaning the vast majority will be loveless. Politics will become even more insulated from the general populace because you're assigned from birth as a politician, meaning you have no experience with any of the people you're supposed to be serving as a politician. If the system makes a mistake, or if you're placed in a role that you're great at but find miserable, you have no recourse to change your career because you've only ever been educated in that one field.

The SRW Z version of the Destiny Plan is literally a better idea and the SRW Z version is "once the Paptimus Scirocco is mass-produced". It's a product of Durandal being overwhelmingly butthurt about not being able to have kids with Talia, but because he sounds reasonable for most of the show and because Kira and Lacus are such shittily written characters that people feel compelled to oppose them on principle, people say it's a good idea.
>>
>>13651192
>bad people dead
>everyone else jobs
Desk Char truly was a genius, wasn't he?
>>
File: gsd.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gsd.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
This is the exact moment it starts going downhill
>>
>>13651280
Why didn't he shoot the bridge? He was fine casually slicing ships in Jachin Due
>>
>>13651249
>the SRW Z version is "once the Paptimus Scirocco is mass-produced".
That's the SRW SC2 version.

SRWZ's is more played straight, but it ends up leading to a few shitty futures or two. But instead of finding out about it via Lacus finding it in a notebook, you're told about it by characters it affected; the Frost Bros. In their timeline, the Earth Federation had a copy of the Destiny Plan and used it to sort people out accordingly

The Frost Bros got Category F and had to live like peasants. which is why they're so butthurt
>>
>>13651288
Looks like the cannon was about to fire, and taking out the bridge isn't guaranteed to stop the weapons systems from firing. Furthermore, the bridges retract - hitting the sub-bridge would be a bit of a hit-or-miss proposition.

Better question is why he didn't blow their engines and completely incapacitate them after taking out the canon. Disarming the enemy through strategic use of PoWs sounds like a far better plan then shooting people and letting them limp off.
>>
>>13650513
Well, first of all
a) SRW Z1 is a good game, better than most of it's peers
b) The game actually tries to make something out of the story work. Having sat down through the original airing, I can't actually recommend watching it, unless you want to see what all the rage is about. Even the "main character's" voice actor went to praise said work over the original series.
c) Fucking stay mad.

>>13650595
The problem with the ending isn't that Shinn didn't win, or Gilbert being a badguy and losing. The problem is that it was shoddly written and rushed. Shinn has little or nothing to do about the Destiny Plan, and there's no real good reason he's fighting for it, other than he's ZAFT and that's what he do. There's no asking if he actually believes in or or not, because by that point, the series has up and abandoned him.

He fights against Athrun because that means that they can use stock footage from I-Justice and Freedom from the last series against Providence, and they probably could have made it into something meaningful if they actually made Athrun and Shinn into something like friends, or at least have Shinn doubting if he was doing the right thing.
Have you noticed that all of his dialogue there is GRRR YOU TRAITOR or SHUT UP I'M SHOUTING. Because they ain't got shit for him. No character arc, or nothing. Shit, at least Jerid had something going on in the series at the ending.

And that's just on this end. The original airing is such a mess, it doesn't have an actual ending. Shinn having a crappy final battle is the last of it's issues.
>>13650695
It was damage control, they HAD to do it. That or they actually leave a 50-episode Gundam series with less of an ending than Gundam X had.
>>
>>13651315
Because that would have left them with their big gun to shoot at Orb with.
>>
>>13651356
>after taking out the canon.
>>
>>13651353
>t was damage control, they HAD to do it
Nice damage control.
>>
>>13651288

Same reason he later actively stops what's his face from shooting the bridge. He doesn't want Minerva destroyed.
>>
>>13651353
>It was damage control, they HAD to do it. That or they actually leave a 50-episode Gundam series with less of an ending than Gundam X had.

> Q: - Shinn seems to have realized that he's wrong during the final confrontation against Athrun, have you ever thought of the possibility that he may go to Kira's side?

> Fukuda: I have absolutely no such intention right from the start, because I always want to create a story where in the end Shinn loses everything except Lunamaria. I hope people don't misunderstand it, I don't think Shinn is incorrect (unjust? wrong?) at all. What Shinn and Dullindal have done are all for the good of the world, on the other hand Kira's side is the one which has somewhat deviated from the path of justice.

Then Final Plus happened.
>>
>>13650496
I wouldn't say all downhill. There is a brief spike around episode 39 solely because of how satisfying it was to see Kira get his ass beat after all the unintentional build up of him being a fuckhead.
>>
Still better than Age
>>
I really should've listened to my friend when he told me not to watch this series. I didn't believe that it was that bad; at worst, I thought it would end up like the second season of Code Geass. I was wrong - Destiny was worse. What the heck happened with the anime's direction after episode 10?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.