[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam Tekketsu/G-Tekketsu/Gundam IBO/GIBO thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 366
Thread images: 45

File: pushing plastic they said.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pushing plastic they said.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
Gundam IBO episode 12 thread.
>>
1st for wasted potential
>>
It felt like a pretty meh episode to me, who didn't see something bad happening to Masahiro? Kudelia still blushing over stupid stuff is getting old, so is everything having to be explained to her. The action was alright I guess, doesn't really stand out or anything. Its pretty bad when uneducated orphans know more about technology and how it works than someone who's background is supposed to be high class. Masahiro's tiff at the end felt really forced too.
>>
File: 1445823921309.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1445823921309.gif
2MB, 480x270px
First for Bad: The Anime.
>>
It was fun and I liked it.
>>
>>13648513
Well I thought something bad would happen to Akihiro, well I mean I guess this was bad. I thought he was going to die before this episode. Although by this episode I knew Masahiro was probably fucked.
>Its pretty bad when uneducated orphans know more about technology and how it works than someone who's background is supposed to be high class

Is that really that surprising?
>>
>>13648513

Why would Kudelia know the logistics of starship reactors when it's got nothing to do with her goal of fixing ore prices on her home planet? The kids know because they work with wartime reactor technology as part of their job.

It sounds like you're just nitpicking.
>>
>>13648532
>It was fun and I liked it.
Lalah, pls go.
>>
>>13648530
kewl gif snapfit kun
ippei gyoubu is such a great designer
my favourite design by him is the gusion
>>
>>13648542

Yes it is surprising, the depths of knowledge Kudelia doesn't have.
>>
>>13648549
>>13648542
>logistics of starship reactors
There is a difference between that and a basic fact. It just adds to how Kudelia seems to know absolutely nothing about anything apart from Mars is repressed by force, and she doesn't even know the ins and outs of that
>>
>>13648549

Its not just how reactors work, she's shown to know basically nothing except the poor Martians are being oppressed, and we gotta go to Earth to fix it. What did that high price education even get her, knowledge that destitute orphans knew like the Earth being split into 3 economic zones?
>>
>>13648558
>>13648578
Ah I see where you are coming from. They are playing the "Princess doesn't know about the real world." card maybe a bit too thick at times.
>>
Is anyone else having trouble with the torrents for this episode?
>>
>>13648555
>my favourite design by him is the gusion

you're a fucking liar.
>>
>>13648593
how do you not like Gusion

it looked like Urban toys in Gundam form. well considering Ippei is a popartist
>>
>>13648578
>What did that high price education even get her
Clothes.
>>
>>13648578
It brings up the question why is she even here? Out of all the characters she top possibly with Orga just beating her for screen time

It would be much better if we just saw her from a far but never got to see too much of her. Sets up a mystery so when it is revealed she is shy and feels useless it is an interesting development
>>
>>13648513
Does a politician know about the scientific intricacies of a naval nuclear reactor?

Does a Tripfag on a chinese cartoon imageboard know the intricacies of a computer chip?
>>
>>13648713

A rudimentary knowledge, which even Kudelia lacks on even basic subjects.

>>13648666
Agreed, less Kudelia could actually be more.
>>
>>13648600
>how do you not like Gusion

I didn't like all of G-Reco's designs at first glance either. It's not just about how something looks.
>>
File: geese_howard.jpg (56KB, 550x670px) Image search: [Google]
geese_howard.jpg
56KB, 550x670px
>>13648436
>>13648513
IBO is so PREDICTABO

Seriously the story composition is too predictable, bland and boring, Sigh I miss GBF/G-Reco
>>
>>13648734
Then explain to me what band gap theory is and how it relates to the use of Silicon in computer chips.

And no googling it.
>>
>>13648751
It isn't that it is predictable, it is so frank about being predictable

Nothing is left to your imagination. Everything is set up went they need it no mater how awkward that feels and we learn all about it then and there. The only sort of mystery is does Char actually have something going on and is something weird going down on earth. Neither have had any proper hints about them sor there is nothing to go on.
>>
File: 41.jpg (67KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
41.jpg
67KB, 640x464px
>Kudelia
They should drop her off the ship.
>>
File: 1445924670244.png (14KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1445924670244.png
14KB, 400x225px
>>13648751
Holy shit, they're going all out.
>>
>>13648755
You still don't get it after he explained 3 times in this thread

It isn't knowing what that theory is, it is knowing that it makes a computer go. Kudelia doesn't have gaps in her knowledge, her knowledge is a huge gap that grows when the show requires someone to explain stuff even when it should be in her field of knowledge like mars economy
>>
>>13648773
thats the problem I'm having with it, but I wonder after G-reco, this is why they decided to spoon fed the idiots thus making the show pretty popular
>>
>>13648783
It would have needed to be in production too long for Greco to have any effect.

The show just lacks anything going on so fills it with repeating the same stuff, it just isn't well written
>>
>>13648779
Here comes the Tekkadan defense force
>>
File: efefw.gif (2MB, 475x237px) Image search: [Google]
efefw.gif
2MB, 475x237px
This bit annoyed me as you can so obviously see they are on a different layer
>>
>>13648813

Isaribi is a 3D model, the Gundams are 2D cells, of course they're on a different layer.
>>
File: d12.gif (1MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
d12.gif
1MB, 360x270px
>>13648782
People with higher education don't know everything. They only have in-depth knowledge on what they studied. Kudelia is a political activist and likely has knowledge of economics and history. This is why Gjallarhorn considers her such a big threat. She knows how to accomplish political goals based on her knowledge of fields relevant to politics. But she has no clue on how to solve those goals with knowledge relevant to technology.

That's what Tekkadan does. Having her understand the physics and engineering of a space vessel is unrealistic. Kudelia is simply using a space vessel to accomplish her goal. She knows there is gravity on the ship but if you were to ask her why there is gravity, she wouldn't know a damn about it. Now, if you ask someone who does specialize in the use of space vessels, you'd get a good explanation.

Most politicians who make ample use of America's nuclear-powered aircraft carriers to conduct foreign interventions likely have no idea how nuclear fission is accomplished on-board the ship in a tight space or what materials and designs are required to achieve it in a method that is practical and safe.
>>
If Kudelia lived in space most of her life maybe I'd expect her to know, but anyone not in the loop (LIKE THE VIEWERS, FOR ONCE) would have been puzzled by how a mere debris field could exhibit such gravitational phenomena. They kinda blindside the viewer with the ahab reactor gravity generation detail in this episode, it's actually ridiculous how much they embarrass Kudelia for not knowing about ahab gravity.
>>
>>13648813
>Implying Banrise should care about making it's toy commercial appeal to an adult.

Just wait for G-Reco's delayed appreciation it will be the most talked about thing on this board.
>>
>>13648821
>People with higher education don't know everything.
But Kudelia basically doesn't know anything

>likely has knowledge of economics and history
The show has proven that to be false. She at best knows the basics of Mars being oppressed. A orphan soldier who by his own admission is not interested in that stuff understood the economy better than her

>But she has no clue on how to solve those goals
That is literally her job and she was the one selected to go and debate the earth government on this mater, alone. Do you see the issue here?

> understand the physics and engineering of a space vessel is unrealistic.
How many times? SHe doesn't have to get how it works but know the engine makes gravity is a simple think she would have likely heard. But instead she has fuck all knowledge in every sector, she couldn't even cut a fucking carrot

>idea how nuclear fission is accomplished
No you would get the basics as it is fucking basic schooling

AGAIN people aren't complaining she isn't a scientist but that she doesn't know shit out side the very basics in what should be heard field of mars politics.
>>
>>13648813
average anime fan will enjoy this scene
>>
>>13648839
Just like Turn A gundam...

Lets not forget about 10 years go, Turn A was considered the worst Gundam in history.
>>
>>13648848
I always find this amazing. How could anyone hate Turn A? the soundtrack alone is just incredible
>>
>>13648842

She's been with Tekkadan for how long now? With numerous mentions of Ahab reactors, particles, etc. in her presence, not including off screen interactions and she's just now asking about how it works?

I don't mind some exposition but almost all of it has been because of Kudelia's lack of knowing anything, it makes her come off as childish.
>>
>>13648839
G-Reco has it's fanboys who will defend it to the death and claim it's bad writing is complex writing the same way there are people who keep defending eva.

Seriously thou, the only thing that made G-Reco special was the amount of hand animation used in it and because people have spent years moaning about how they hate CG, the same people are now feeling obliged to defend a show that's just about all hand animation despite it having writing worse than SEED.
>>
>>13648848
>Just like Turn A gundam...

Delayed appreciation is normal in post-modern works. You have to realize some people feel jilted because the show was not what they expected it to be. It's like when something hyped doesn't turn out the way you want it or prepare for it.

>>13648852
>I always find this amazing. How could anyone hate Turn A? the soundtrack alone is just incredible

The song when the Turn A and Turn X start fighting in episode 50 is not in the OST.
>>
File: 1446398829017.png (170KB, 455x499px) Image search: [Google]
1446398829017.png
170KB, 455x499px
>>13648859
>the only thing that made G-Reco special
Your sentence not ending with these two proves you are wrong
>>
The first point against IBO, even before it aired, was that the character & mecha designs were boring and uninspired. But whatever that doesn't matter much if the content ends up being good.

Then the first few episodes were actually good. I liked Mika. I liked Orga. I liked Kudelia. The fact that it got confirmed Atra will show no character development was a disappointment but whatever if they don't want to focus on her and instead on other characters that's their right to do. IBO started off with a good slow character-building tempo.

Then the worrying signs started ramping up, such as how every antagonist was mindnumbingly one-dimensional and their character design even reflected their character role (being a villain). One time is okay, but now it's been at least +3 times.

Anyways for me the point when IBO started to no longer be good for me and shifting more to mediocre was when the Turbines got introduced. The actual episode was probably the best action episode IBO had so far. But the characters? Some suave knows-best guy with a harem that worships him? A cliche space godfather gets introduced? Then the latest Brewers antagonists... with the (literally) fodder Debris. It's episode 12 and Kudelia is STILL being insecure. At least Ms. Teiwaz lady is a nice addition and likely the only female character with some potential for future depth but wouldn't count it.

To me the strength of IBO is Mika/Orga and the rest of Tekkadan. The rest is underwhelming to say the least.
>>
File: 1382482042805.jpg (23KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1382482042805.jpg
23KB, 429x410px
>>13648859
>Something something pretending to know what I'm talking about.

I think you're less on the delayed appreciation curve and more in the underage department. Just remember the show was not made for you and you will be OK with it.
>>
>>13648821
Kudelia's basically an audio recorder who's been repeating her one message over and over again, for an audience of her own class.

She is not much of an orator, she doesn't have people's skills and she doesn't have any of the knowledge that people would normally use to bridge the gap between them and others. She doesn't even have hobbies, for fuck's sake.

The girl's a manufactured media event, because calling her a media personality would require her to have an actual business face she could use to successfully interact with a wide range of people.
>>
>>13648873
Its kind of hard to hold speeches or take part in hobbies when people are actively trying to kill you.
>>
>>13648866
My problem with the Turbines is they don't really have a character as an organisation.

The head guy is a weird mix of styles, but we don't see that mix anywhere else and it is very segmented (really only being Japanese for the ceremony). As a character he also lacked much to him. Then to join this huge organisation what do they need to do? Nothing really just turn up and have a guy say yeah they are cool. But do we see some crimes going on and maybe they aren't as good as they appear? No, they barely seem like a mafia really outside links with a black market we never really get into. But maybe this change causes some reshaping of the crew? No just asking nice will let you do as you wish really.

People kept saying Okada would cause huge drama, and I don't always like that but it would be something. Instead nothing happened
>>
>>13648876
They could have had her do speeches for the kids, maybe there spirits were down after they lost that Danji kid.

Hobbies you could do. Have her reading and maybe Mika comes up to talk about it, show he is actually sad that he can't read it and maybe have a cute moment where she reads him a story
>>
>>13648859
so it's wrong to like G-reco the way it is huh. you're so damn annoying
>>
>>13648839
>Just wait for G-Reco's delayed appreciation
I will be over here laughing when at least 6 years pass and it's still considered a blunder.
>>
this episode was better at least
>>
>>13648882
>Whole post is about how G-Reco had good animation, but failed horribly on the writing and idiots defending the horrible writing
>Hurr durr... So you're saying that it's all shit

>>13648872
>People who don't like something don't like it because it's not made for them, not because there's something actually wrong with it
There's a difference between a show like My Little Pony aimed at small kids with ADHD and Gundam that tries to be more than just some magical ponies being magical ponies.

>>13648865
>That annoying spoiled shit that kept being annoying spoiled shit throughout the show and wrecked a good chunk of a whole city and killed probably hundreds just because he didn't like what his dad had made him do
>A reason to watch the show
Main reason why I watched the show to the end was that I was hoping Tomino would have ended it with a bloodbath similar to the end of Zeta and he would have ether been killed Scirocco style or ended up fucked over like Mr "I'm Going To Violate You"
>>
>>13648925
>People who don't like something don't like it because it's not made for them, not because there's something actually wrong with it

You implied the writing was worse than SEED and that G-Reco fans will defend it to the death. These baseless assumptions do not illustrate your point. Neither does the monologue about magical ponies. You think G-Reco is only special for your reasons but that's just your opinion. You're just try to give the impression you're coming some kind of sophisticated point of view but you really don't. Your view is as jaded as twelve year old's is about power rangers.
>>
>>13648942
You, I like you
>>
>>13648866
>To me the strength of IBO is Mika/Orga and the rest of Tekkadan.
If either of them were to die I would not give a shit.
>>
>>13648980
But if Mika died we'd miss out on.....characters fawning over how great he is?

They are gonna be fucked for lines to put in the games. "here i go cause i care about people"
>>
File: cringe.gif (442KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
cringe.gif
442KB, 800x600px
>IBO "not available in your country" of California
>nyaa not working for me
>>
>>13649005
Someone posted the only thing to happen in the last thread

It was just more exposition, Kudelia is useless, Mika is very blank and adults are bad
>>
I fucking hate Gundam.
>>
>>13649009
>exposition
>all the brewer pilots are dead except steroid rapesnake
>brewer ship is collapsing like a house of cards
>exposition

It's like there's some competition about who can be the most retarded in IBO threads.
>>
>>13649009
I know but I still want to watch it.
>>
>>13649013
>characters who don't even have fucking names are dead
Wow....
>>
>>13649015
Honestly, its worse than it sounds, Nothing interesting happened in this episode at all, like usual.
>>
>>13649013
>nameless unimportant characters are dead

Woah...
>>
>>13649018
gone through 11 episodes of it. might as well go all the way.
>>
>>13649005
>not just going straight to the fan-sub website and getting the torrent there.
Fagt.

>>13649016
Never said it was good writing, but it doesn't really qualify as exposition.
>>
>>13649023
>>going straight to the fan-sub website
>thinks i didn't do that
come on anon I'm not an idiot that needs to be spoon fed.
>>
>>13649013
>nameless pilots with a line dead
>ship got hit and we never actually see what happen from this
Class that as shit not worth mentioning
>>
We lost Dante, didn't we? Masahiro's line about debris dying in space was directly cut with Shino's boarding party and someone getting taken out. That had to be Dante, right? since Chad is on the bridge.
>>
>>13649045
The fuck is dante?
>>
File: stakedriver.png (475KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
stakedriver.png
475KB, 1280x720px
I'm happy that Mikasuki didn't completely abandoned the Hammer, its the barbatos best weapon 0% elegance 100% brutality, the stake driver just makes the hammer even better
>>
>>13649045
>We lost Dante, didn't we?
Who is that?
>>
>>13649013
>>all the brewer pilots are dead except steroid rapesnake
>>brewer ship is collapsing like a house of cards

Woah... are you telling me... that enemies.... are getting killed? Truly, this is the pinnacle of Gundam.
>>
>>13649075
Remember when Ramba Ral forces got annihilated by Amuro? Remember when they actually managed to kill someone on the White Base?
>>
>>13649005

Could watch it on daisuki.net
>>
If this were /tg/, they would throw an even bigger shitfit on how their comfyness was violated with this episode.

What? Did their father not spank them enough?
>>
>>13649075
>Woah... are you telling me... that enemies.... are getting killed?

That's really all it takes to entertain a 15 year old. It was literally made for the market. That's Banrise for ya.
>>
>>13649075
Oddly we didn't actually see that many people dying. Not as many as the next episode preview showed

I remember this >>13649081 having quite a lot shot, I think at least one of those dumb transports were blown up
>>
This place might be even worse than that shithole /a/. Not only do you have grown men with nothing better to do then complain about every episode "nothing happens faggot" but we got losers on here even critiquing the deaths of characters. Oh wait they aren't characters because they didn't get names or aren't important enough. No no on here someone important has to die or else the episode is shit.

Why I keep coming is beyond me. You have to shovel through disgusting shit to find a few gems of quality post. Christ this suck steaming donkey dick.
>>
>>13649082
totally forgot about daisuki. thanks.
>>
>>13649104
Every thread.

It's obvious bait every time though, because no one in their right mind can seriously believe that there is a board worse than /a/.
>>
>>13649104
>Oh wait they aren't characters because they didn't get names or aren't important enough.

There's a difference between a character in a strict sense and a protagonist made to fit people's expectations of a 'child soldier' or a 'princess.'
>>
File: image.jpg (183KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183KB, 1024x768px
>>13649072
>>13649051
"Sideburns" in >>13643015

He was the third Human Debris guy who stuck around with Guts and Chad after the takeover, and the guy who hijacked the Turbines' computer systems when they boarded.

He was cool
>>
>>13649115
>"Sideburns"
Ah.
>>
>>13649115
Well the fucker should have listened to his group leader
>>
>>13649106

Well anon you got a point here but my main issue is that you guys harp on damn near every gundam. Cal it shit, go into detail why you feel the characters are lackluster and even question the direction of the classics. It is like you guys will shine up the old school gundam and shit on completely the new ones. Christ when was the last time an IBO episode was phrased by the majority of the anons on here?

>>13649112

So I guess you aren't a fan of Mika and his harsh background?

Fuck it the whole "child soldier" is definitely not thing completely right? Not a fan of good old Setsuna right?
>>
>>13649115
I actually don't remember him from any scenes
>>
I feel this show would be much more better if they brought in ethical complexity into this. Questioning why they are in the situation and if they are actions are just or not, should a human debris have remorse for his actions, do I have the right to be happy even though society deemed me trash and most of all is my life meaningless?

These characters all seem (for the most part) well adjusted and don't seem to have any psychological trauma. I made the inference that rape was a thing with the punk cobra muscle guy and being giving one granola bar as food is down right abuse. Where is the questioning of what is good in the world or how adults are the true evil rather then the system.

It really feels like it lacks depth imho. These characters act very cliche and there is no introspection on bigger things then the next battle or whatever issue crops up.
>>
>>13648842
>No you would get the basics as it is fucking basic schooling
You overestimate people.
>>
>>13649132
It's great that you're enjoying IBO and all but absolutely no one here is obligated to fulfilling your requirements on discussion pertaining to the show. I shit on the show heavily ITT but whenever there is something worth discussing I'll pitch in.
>>
>>13649148
No, you see whenever Gundam goes into that it gets disregarded as superficial space hippy crap taking away from my manly brotag killing people and never ever having emotions and then we get cherry picked screencaps of contextless Tomino dialog and memes.

IBO on paper is what a lot of faggots on /m/ wanted, it's no surprise the show comes off as shallow to a lot of people.
>>
>>13649132
>So I guess you aren't a fan of Mika and his harsh background?
>Fuck it the whole "child soldier" is definitely not thing completely right? Not a fan of good old Setsuna right?

The premise here is we're supposed to accept blatantly stupid characterization so no, I don't like Mika. I don't know Setsuna I dropped 00 really fast.
>>
>>13649166

>IBO on paper is what a lot of faggots on /m/ wanted.

Even when they get something they want they still hate it.
>>
>>13649176
No one on /m/ wanted IBO.
>>
>>13649138
He's around, his only memorable one was boarding the Turbines with Orga, really.

He seemed like he was gonna be a Job John, reliable background dude. RIP
>>
>finally watched the episode
...was i supposed to feel something when all these guys died? Masahiro was weird, vito(?) raging about pedro was nothing, then a tekkadan faceless died and they said "we'll teach him his lesson in heaven" like i was supposed to know who he was.

And here i thought a harem girl was going to die this episode.
>>
>>13649174

Wait what? Why does Mika have stupid characterization?
>>
Is the only source of this shows character driven drama up until this point been Kudelia's whining?

Is this the first time something is actually about someone else other than Kudelia feeling insecure? The talk with Atra doesnt count to me because Kudelia immediately pulled her up on it and went "You are so strong, it just makes me feel even more shit boohoo".

>>13649176
No one wanted this. Personally I wanted something that kinda looked like this but actually had some sort of substance with it with factions more "complicated" than G Reco because I get off to faux military wankery and autistically building up entire nations and armies through world building and a backstory dump here and there.

Basically I want LoGH but with Mobile Suits.
>>
>>13649182
Wow did they kill Dante?, didn’t pay enough attention, well shit we was the electronic expert, hardly relevant but still, I still don’t think it was him but who knows next week will tell
>>
>>13649186

Anon, no anime is a combo of LoGH and Gundam. It will never happen okay? The sooner you can come to this realization the better because quite frankly stacking IBO to this idealistic dream you had will only bring you disappointment.
>>
>>13649192
No don't get me wrong, I know it'll never happen hell I wasn't even expecting IBO to be like that with Okada and Nagai on the team and GReco MSV reject suits.

But I'll hold on to the dream hoping that one day it'll be real. Someones gotta be crazy enough to give me Gundam fleet battles and smalled armed conflicts involving mobile suits.
>>
>>13649186
No we also have people saying family a lot, cause if you repeat a word a lot but don't change your actions at all that counts

Like the great struggle where Fellini shouted at them cause family, so Orga was sad and then to change nothing happened and they were let in anyway
>>
File: .jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
>>13649192
>It will never happen okay?
>>
>>13649185
>Wait what? Why does Mika have stupid characterization?

Mika has no personality. He is child soldier and that's basically it and you will be reminded of it every episode. He's also a gender swapped Mika Ackerman but I won't go into that.
>>
>>13649183

Its going to end up the opposite of how it started, with a bunch of girls and 2 guys. Harem end
>>
>>13649185
Completely blank but not cause child soldier as he was like that before in flash back.

Doesn't care about the conflict and mars but also knows all about the economy of mars and other shit in enough detail to monologue out the blue

His defining traist are caring about Orga who he has barely any interaction and caring about people which can be sumed up by he sometimes says he cares
>>
>>13649197

You are thinking as a fan and not a person who sees the bigger picture. Gundam has to sell toys and toys are primarily geared towards the younger demographics. Exposition, character development, military tactics, backstabbing, politics of planetary levels, deeps concepts such as economic blockades, child soldiers (done right) technological advancements in war and mobilizations of fleets from both sides for a grandiose battle is only good in theory but for tv audiences who want actions blazing on their screen.

The more cultured anon would love this but the average anon wants to project themselves as hero who kicks ass and gets chicks doing it. Never in a million years, hell there are people who hate LoGH because of how boring it is with all the tactic and military jargon. Anime today is simply too expensive to go for a huge project like that that will in all likely hood eclipse the 52 episode of the current (long running) anime of 2015.
>>
Can we at least agree that Norba is a badass?
>>
File: ONOOOOOOOREEEEE.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ONOOOOOOOREEEEE.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>13649214
I'LL DREAM FOREVER, DAMN YOU. YOU CANT TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME.
>>
>>13649215
Who?
>>
>>13649215
Is this the guy who shouts umai at everything he eats and gets laid?
>>
>>13649218

Oh no dream on anon, all I am saying is putting IBO on the same pedigree as something as that grand and amazing will make it look piddly in comparison.
>>
>>13649221
Yes
>>
>>13649228
I love that guy. He's great, they should replace all of Kudelia's screentime with him.
>>
>>13649213
>His defining traist are caring about Orga who he has barely any interaction

Jesus fuck I can't even laugh at this
>>
>>13649224
I think it is more sad that IBO isn't even trying to be something more. There is no sense of, well anything really it just feels like something pushed out. Not got enough plot to fill an episode?Just have them repeat stuff. Can we interlace this information some how or make the exposition seem natural and tell us stuff about a character with how it is said? Nah that's work. SHould we do something cool and unique with this mech and weapon? Nah just make it act like the others
>>
My favorite character is the guy who fucked in the brothel, because he reminds me of Kai.
>>
>>13649232
Some episodes it feels like the OP has them interact more. most it is just "EH MIKA DO THE THING" "k" "EH MIKA FAMILY" "k"
>>
>>13649234

Gundam IBO's main foundation is brotherhood and the journey of Tekkedan's adventures. Gundam's aren't really for characterization or hell decent exposition. Their money maker is fights, epic rivalry's and cool end boss fights. This has solid fights aren't flashy which I can appreciate, they have a solid core of characters who are like a family which is cool and the Mars battle at the end should be cool.

Step off your foot on the brakes and loosen up dude. Enjoy the show and let it to come forth into what it is trying to portray.
>>
>>13649244
>epic rivalry's

of which there are none in IBO
>>
>>13649206
You've just gone full retard, please kill yourself.
>>
>>13649238
There are two. If you mean blonde dog who originally was all about criticizing Orga, that's Eugene. If you mean earring dude that's apparently leading boarding parties, that's Norba Shino
>>
File: QUALITY FIGHTING.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
QUALITY FIGHTING.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>13649244
>solid fights
>>
>>13649257

As I said brotherhood and the adventure is its strengths, it tries to stray away from usual Gundam formula.
>>
>>13649268
>adventure
go on
>>
>>13649271

From space debris punching bags to now being part of an independent crew allied with a powerful faction trying to escort a wanted princess to a crisis riddled planet. Do you not see how far they have came from piling up sand bags?

Come on anon. And it will only get better.
>>
IBO is the new X

at least it won't be as bad as Age and Try
>>
>>13649290
That's just a basic outline. Really get into it and tell me why this wanted princess and the powerful fraction is so adventurous
>>
>>13649290
>Do you not see how far they have came from piling up sand bags?
And especially how easily!
>>
>>13649314
But anon, having next to no struggle is what makes an adventure so interesting!
>>
File: 53201961_p1.png (554KB, 1929x1377px) Image search: [Google]
53201961_p1.png
554KB, 1929x1377px
Well if this episode proves anything, it's that Mika doesn't discriminate.

He kills everyone equally.

Adults, Kids, Women, Men, Black, Shite, Gay, Straight, Space rat, Earthnoid
>>
>>13649441
He feels kind of selfish to me
>>
File: Yazan_gable.jpg (82KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
Yazan_gable.jpg
82KB, 500x362px
>>13649447
I like him.
Pilot after my own heart.
>>
File: 1450624850014.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450624850014.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
so has takaki healed or was it more of an emotional injury?
>>
>>13649470
Merrybut healed his heart as well.
>>
>>13649460
Yazan and Mika are best Gundam boys.
>>
>>13649470
He's probably coping with the fact that his penis had scrap metal pressed against it even with a suit on.
>>
>>13649470
Nanites son.
>>
>>13649470
Is he completely naked?
>>
>>13649460
Yazan actually has a personality unlike Mika
>>
>>13649516
>everyone in Zeta actually has a personality unlike any character written after the 80s
ftfy
>>
>>13649516
They both have personality.
>>
File: 1449481507100.jpg (49KB, 600x839px) Image search: [Google]
1449481507100.jpg
49KB, 600x839px
This episode bored me to death.
They got across the point about human debris last week, now its just monotonous. Then you have the show go," I know let's zoom in on the cockpits and give a every time mika kills one of the kids, That'll really pull at the heart strings, by reminding everyone they're humans dying."
It didn't, it just made the episode tedious with how obvious they flagged their bad ends coming. Then at the end the brother was just laughably insane. Honestly, why are they wasting time with this plot line it didn't help anything it should have been done in 2 episodes now it's going to last at least 4. Just steal the Guison and move on already please.
>>
>>13649520
Shhh, retards can't deal with introverted personalities.
>>
>>13649554
>introverted
I remember people using the same defense for Inaho.
>>
>>13649460
Is Yazan the best UC pilot?
>>
>>13649554
He isn't though. He is completely open about how he feels with people
>>
Was one of the Brewer's human debris voiced by Kenichi Suzumaru? One of them sounded like him a lot because of the yelling was pretty similar
>>
>>13649554
There's introverted, there's stoic, and there's sociopathic.
>>
Is this worth picking up or should I find a better series?
>>
>>13649590
He's pretty stoic. I'd like to see him and Orga cry for once.
>>
>>13649595
Watch Fafner Exodus instead
>>
>>13649601
Didn't Orga cry when he got drunk and rant about how he had made a place for them to belong?
>>
>>13649595
Watch it and form your own opinion.
>>
File: 1450449658065.jpg (217KB, 2560x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450449658065.jpg
217KB, 2560x720px
>>13649601
I think they were both close to it last episode
>>
>>13649601
I feel like Orga has bared his soul more than enough.

And Mika's emotions have bubbled up a few times.
He's just not the kind of guy who SHOUTS ABOUT HIS EMOTIONS ALL THE TIME like most other mecha MCs.
>>
>>13649619
I liked having small details like Mika eating the sandwich and studying in his cockpit this episode. It's small details, but they are nice character traits.

Also: Him and Lafter/Azee are OTP
>>
File: 54032672_p12.jpg (294KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
54032672_p12.jpg
294KB, 800x1200px
>>13649637
>Approving of bread crumbs in the cockpit
>>
>>13649652
>Not wanting to eat a nice lunch while on the way to battle
>>
>>13649652
>Implying a glutton like Mika would let even a single crumb escape.
>>
File: 1450348833649.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450348833649.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>13649652
That present is for Merrybit isn't it?

She's already my favorite.
>>
>>13649661
>She's already my favorite.
why? she has done fuck all
>>
>>13649670
Found the retard
>>
>>13649670
She has saved pretty boy.
She has sexual tension with Orga and tells him when he fucks up (in a way she's the Mirai to his Bright).
And she fills the role of the One-san type in the crew since Fumitan is too reserved for it.
>>
>>13649679
so theres sexual tension between her and orga but if anyone brings up atra or kudelias feelings towards mika theyre wrong?
>>
File: 1449432131894.jpg (147KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1449432131894.jpg
147KB, 1920x1080px
>>13649683
That elevator ride was just too awkward.
>>
>>13649683
>kudelia
>feelings towards mika
shipper pls
>>
>>13648821
At first I thought the guy was just nitpicking and bashing Kudelia like usual but if you think about it. It's like a person with high education but doesn't know anything about nuclear plant and nuclear fission. You don't need to know the mechanism of how nuclear plant works but at least you should have heard about nuclear fission and such.
>>
>>13648821
If you go ask a normal person about nuclear fission they will go
>oh that is like creating energy
>it happens at plants with those big towers like the Simpsons
>It creates like green waste which is really deadly or something
>I think that's how those bombs work as well

Basically even if you don't know the fine details people will know round about stuff even if it isn't 100% accurate and effected by media cliches. That's just what a normal person gets from living in the world. Kudelia lacks all of that which makes you question her. Now if one of the kids didn't get it then that could work as they haven't had a formal education or much of a life outside being shot at.
>>
>>13648866
Totally agree with you.
I quite enjoyed the early non-fighting episodes but now I just fast forward most of the scenes and just watch the main story plot and fighting scenes.
>>
>>13649661
No, it's his own present. He's even saying so
>>
>>13649737
If you're not going to watch it properly then drop it you retard.
>>
>>13649683
They're just different kinds of relationships.

Atra's is a pure and almost naive longing for the boy that was nice to her. It's the usual chilhood-friend-next-door thing, but the relationship there is friendship that she's trying to nudge to the next level. It's not on its face sexual, it's more like puppy love.

With Kudelia and Mika, it's more fascination of a cultured girl with a boy who embodies a roughness that's alien to her. It's the stuff of many bodice-ripper novels, and it's been tread by previous Gundam entries as the connection between the male and female leads. It's kinda contrived, but it boils down to a woman being entranced over time by masculinity itself. But since he's not really paying attention to her, and as yet she's just curious about him, it hasn't really developed to a stage where you could say if they'll develop feelings yet, just that it has potential to.

With Orga and Merrybit, though, it's innately the tension between a grown and worldly woman and a guy that's never really paid that much attention to girls before. Here's a woman in full control of all her faculties, both sexual and non, who freely drinks and actually helps him out when he can't hold his alcohol, with a seasoned hand of someone who's been there. She oozes the aura of a woman who's been around the block a few times, is completely comfortable in her own skin, and thus comes off as incredibly seductive without really trying to be. While in the narrative she's the Mirai to his Bright, in their tension she's also the Matilda to his Amuro.
>>
>>13649767
That's a whole lot of bollocks to write when there has been fuck all about the relationships

blood from a stone much, you had to read into shit pretty hard to get that
>>
>>13649770
Only because all of these have been done a million times. All the signs of the archetypes are there, you just have to stop yawning and pay attention to them.
>>
>>13649770
IBO really is anti-ADHD.
>>
>>13649780
>IBO really is anti-taste
FTFY
>>
>>13649790
>Reco really is anti-taste
FTFY
>>
>>13649790
only if your a retard
>>
the gusion and man rodis have been a massive disappointment. they look cool but they did nothing with them
>>
>>13649817
IBO has that problem in general. Some of the suits look nice but they have nothing special about them, they are just more hard to hit

Imagine making a new DW or VS Gundam game and putting IBO suits in, what would be the iconic shit you give them? There is just fuck all
>>
>>13649817
At least the Gusion debris bashing scene in this episode was cool. Wasted opportunity indeed.
>>
>>13649777
Fags keep bitching about the plot being simple and over-explained, but the most basic character work eludes them hard.

It's like they can't deal with people not screaming out their personal feelings and thoughts constantly.
Tomino kind of did a number on them.
>>
>>13649166
>then we get cherry picked screencaps of contextless Tomino dialog and memes

Tomino dialogue is bad, stop pretending it's way above ordinary chinese cartoon writing.
>>
why did they trry to save guts brother but not the rest of the orphans? seems kind of wrong
>>
>>13649900
Why did the pirate kids keep fighting?

Why not send out some big message to all the kids saying "hey we are orphans to, come with us and we'll give you snacks." Might not work but you'd probably get a few and would distract them if nothing else.
>>
I'm really ok with this series, in ep 11 we tought that the new aniki would die in that ep, but he survived, and on this ep we thought that those debris child will be saved and... Nope All dead, Mikazuki has 0 mercy
>>
>>13649900
Because they went MUH PEDRO.
>>
>>13649266
>>13648530
I really dont know how you guys pay attention to these things, I just enjoy the whole I dont watch the episode searching for mistakes
>>
>>13649986
I'm so glad they spent 10 minutesish over 2 episodes with these characters so they aren't fleshed out enough to be interesting but aren't quite just random mooks either.

The show is really good at hitting that shit underdeveloped character mark
>>
>>13649913

Child soldiers generally do not surrender unless their commanding officer tells them to stand down.

That's just how it works. They're hopped up on drugs, gunpowder and beaten.
>>
>>13649994
I didn't know we had an expert on child soldiers in here. And I mean the child soldiers are so realistic in this show that they must act like the real world counterpart
>>
>>13650000

You can look it up, there's UN conventions on how to deal with them. You have to get their commander to tell them to stand down, take away their guns, then get them some sort of job that doesn't involve killing if you don't want them to go back into bloodshed.
>>
>>13650008
I think you missed the point anon. They never showed any of that and you just did one google search and are acting like you know shit.
>>
>>13650019

No, I'm just giving an answer as to why it'd be pointless in the general situation to broadcast a message. Don't be such a prick.
>>
>>13650024
How is pointing out the show didn't develop any of that and you don't actually know what your are talking about but trying to fill gaps teh show doesn't give a shit about being a prick?

You IBOfags have such a weak skin, fuck off to MAL
>>
>>13649166

Reallly? I'm unironically enjoying this. After watching TFA, I'm glad Kudelia is pretty useless; she's not an obnoxious Stronk Womyn, at least. She'd an overprivileged noblewoman who is being bundled about as a care package - that's all she needs to do.
>>
>>13650038
>that's all she needs to do.
I guess that's why she gets 10 minutes scene of the same shit each episode
>>
>>13649197

Thunderbolt.
>>
>>13649994
>>13650008
so why not just go take out the commander?
>>
>>13650034

It doesn't need to develop any of that because it's already shown that the kids are whipped as fuck and angry at the Tekkadan over Pedro. The protagonists don't even know if Masahiro is a slave or if the other MS are piloted by slave kids, they just know that their opponents are pirates coming after them on a mission. There's no room for negotiation, just to have Guts grab his brother and try to talk him down. They took the chance, it failed.

You can complain all you want about your interpretation but yelling at me like a spoiled brat isn't going to make me change mine. I'm not a big fan of this show but you guys are ridiculous about pissing in everyone's cornflakes.
>>
>>13650047

They're going to take pigman captive you can see that in the next ep preview
>>
>>13648436
>Suffering Guts in next episode
>>
>>13650053
>It doesn't need to develop any of that
If you want to use it as a reason then yes it does

>The protagonists don't even know if Masahiro is a slave
Yes they do. The clue was the time he was taken as a fucking slave

> if the other MS are piloted by slave kids
Ask Fellini. Plus they heard them over comms episode before. there is also a million ways outside that they could have had them find out

> There's no room for negotiation
Cause you say so, great

> yelling at me like a spoiled brat
Wow, just cause you fucked up trying to explain shit doesn't mean you have to cry at me. But yeah you are totally not a fan and it is just /m/ being meanies
>>
>>13650040

We needs a tits quota. That's about all she's really good for, see? I mean, in her position, I wouldn't care about the child soldiers at all, only things important to my own survival. I would mostly stay in my room, keep my mouth shut, and wait for this trial to be over.

If I was really nice, I would pay them a bonus. For the rest of my life, I would eat out on my exciting journey to Earth. Like, do you remember your taxi service?
>>
>>13650076

Fuck, man.
>>
>>13650073
>If you want to use it as a reason then yes it does

It's self-evident from the narrative.

>Yes they do. The clue was the time he was taken as a fucking slave

So were the Tekkadan kids, what's your point? They have no way to estimate the circumstances of him or his unit. Nothing solid, just assumptions.

>Ask Fellini. Plus they heard them over comms episode before. there is also a million ways outside that they could have had them find out

Not while in transit. They're off-network remember?

>Cause you say so, great

Yeah, and my reasoning is fine. You're the one acting pig-headed.
>>
File: Lafter newd filter.jpg (412KB, 1605x901px) Image search: [Google]
Lafter newd filter.jpg
412KB, 1605x901px
>>13650076
>tits quota

Doesn't Lafter fill that quota?
>>
>>13648513
>Its pretty bad when uneducated orphans know more about technology and how it works than someone who's background is supposed to be high class.

Dude there are people who actually pay Geek Squad to plug in their Playstation. "Educated" people can be retarded.
>>
kind of disappointed the pirate ships are nothing but recolors of tekkadans. like
>>
File: 56834684678957957.jpg (219KB, 888x480px) Image search: [Google]
56834684678957957.jpg
219KB, 888x480px
>>13650199
are they going to make little baby ships?
>>
>>13650199
>there is no such thing as ships of a class

I thought they showed a green Isaribi earlier on in the series, too.
>>
>>13650205

They did. It seems to be a common model.
>>
>>13650238
So yeah, ships of a class.

Letting you get away with model reuse legitimately as long as you remember to change the textures as needed.
>>
File: 1448864436046.jpg (115KB, 929x523px) Image search: [Google]
1448864436046.jpg
115KB, 929x523px
>>13650129
The thing people don't seem to get about Tekkadan is that they aren't the good guys.
They're a group of mercenaries focused on their own survival and betterment.
There may be individual members that hold greater ideals, but it sure as hell doesn't seem like Orga does. And he calls the shots.

The only reason his approach with the Turbines was non-lethal, was because he needed to be on good terms with Taiwaz.
Otherwise he might have had the orphans mow down Naze's entire harem, once they boarded.

Perhaps Orga knew that they were facing kids in those Man Rodis and he chose to keep this fact hidden from most of the crew. Because at the end of the day, it comes down to his family's survival.
He was willing to welcome Guts' brother into the fold, because of Guts. Not because he had a moral investment here.
>>
whens thunderbolt coming out?
>>
>>13650297
episode 1 is already out
>>
>>13648436

From dialoges between Guts and his brother, I was having this intuition that Masahiro is shown as a lost cause. I didn't feel any hope for him being reunited with his brother since it's a common cliche in drama plus knowing where the show's central theme was going - bonds of family v/s bonds of blood (Hint-Kudelia)

Well, I was thinking that he might get loose from Gut's hold and escape,later causing more casualties to Tekkadan and Teiwaz where Guts will be driven to such critical condition where he himself have to put down his brother. Masahiro died within the span of 3 episodes he was introduced.

From preview it seems that pirates are defeated and if they pass this sector, they each earth soon, right?

Because I don't think they will repeat the "pirate attack " again.

Space Somalia is the only thing that has been consistent so far. Mika is really Heero Yui with an aura of Wu-Fei. Is he even the protagonist anymore? Orga and Kudelia fit the bill more than him.
>>
File: 1450616181326.jpg (51KB, 851x479px) Image search: [Google]
1450616181326.jpg
51KB, 851x479px
>>13650420
Yeah things aren’t looking good for Gusion, poor fat Gundam he was kind of cool but ended up been a throwaway villain
>>
>>13650431
They could had gone for Masahiro piloting Gusion and him reconciling with Guts.Unfortunately he had to fill the "grimderp" quota while Gusion went to "Evil Adultz" quota.
Seriously , it would had been more disturbing having normal designs for Brewer duo than making them comically gay joker and pig.
>>
So did anyone else notice that sideways glance on Fumitan right after they said something about how they could only be tracked if someone knew their Ariadne data?
>>
>>13650431
IBO may recover it. They repaired Ramba Ral's Graze after Mika wrecked it.
>>
>>13650586
I fucking hope so. The fat bastard deserves better
>>
>>13650498
Meh the team it’s already big enough, I’m glad they actually killed the pirate boys
>>
>>13650591
Come to think about it, Masahiro atleast should have pointed that out to Guts before getting hammered since they were the only companion he had for all these years.
>>
>>13648436
>Ahab reactor can produce artificial gravity.

Are we ging to get really OP suits like TurnA and 00 Quient ?
>>
>>13649213
He tried to outright murder that one guy when he thought they hurt Biscuits sisters.
>>
>>13650606
i hope not
we've finally got a cool grunt gundam made from spare parts and i hope it stays that way
>>
>>13650606
i doubt barbatos can do anything that interesting and noteworthy

better just play it safe with that flimsy hammer
>>
>>13650654
I dunno about that. They keep saying that the great fuck-up war was brought to an end by only 72 of those Gundams. There's gotta be something going on there besides a pile bunker.
>>
>>13649595
If you want hte opinions of a bunch of wanna-be edgy 15 year olds then ask away on here or save yourself the timewaste and watch the show/decide on your own. because the loudest/most frequent posters (snapfit cunt) are the most retarded
>>
I'm not entirely sure what this is scheduled for, so I can't really question the pacing, but it's pretty incredible, through 12 episodes, it has yet to "HAPPEN", whatever that might actually be, I just seem to be patiently waiting for a climax to occur, and it doesn't seem like any time soon, and certainly not within the next few episodes.

I mean, Kudelia gets to earth, and then what, I don't see the end game of the series so far.
>>
>>13650019
no you're just a stupid fuck that doesn't know what he's talking about/trying hard to criticize. stop trying to critisize every little thing, you just don't have the capacity to analyze and think on a larger scale.
>>
>>13650694
Pile bunker combat knofe
>>
File: x50Pj.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
x50Pj.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>13650694
then they better make use of that far more interesting backstory soon

jesus, knowing okada i thought when two Gundams met it's gonna be more dramatic and suspense, like suddenly both reactors reacting like how Jehuty and Anubis resonances giving it some kind of foreshadowing.

you know, something not boring. the stuff.
>>
>>13649056
Just seems like it is (understandably) hard to store the mace in that booster. So he just uses the katana when he uses the booster.
>>
>>13650590
its going to get stripped of its armor and become skinny
sorry
>>
File: .jpg (168KB, 736x971px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
168KB, 736x971px
>>13650820
already been done, they are obviously intending for it to be a big review when they capture the Gusion and strip it off its armor to reveal a Gundam frame bellow.
They already hinted at it with it having the same ahab wave as barbatos, so people who dont use the internet are probably going to be surprised.
>>
I feel the need to point out that officially guns are so ridiculously shit in this series that ships don't even bother shooting at each other and they just jump straight to ramming and boarding parties.

What is this shit even
>>
>>13651247
The armor in this series is just ridiculously strong. And they do shoot at each other, they just need to burn the armor down with napalm first. In one of their ship battles they were trying to avoid getting hit by the missiles of them because it can actually burn through the nano laminate armor and leave them vulnerable to cannons.
>>
>>13648813
Ok, but can you do better by yourself or do you have money for a studio?

Neither? Alright.
>>
> As we reach the halfway point in Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, we witness the most significant character death yet. With an expertly paced story arc that will have you shocked that it's already over, this dark and powerful episode reminds us that Gundam isn't all warm fuzzies and family bonding.
>the most significant character death
> expertly paced story arc
>shocked that it's already over
>powerful episode
>>
>>13650498
I feel like Akihiro would've been better to kill off and have Masahiro join the team; it would've given Kudelia something to do. Normalize him, get him out of the funk for sort-of being responsible for his brothers death, get him to the point where he gets in the Gusion himself.

He basically could've been Shimon from Gurren Lagann.

>>13651247
Guns blow things up - boarding parties take valuable loot. Why have one ship when you can have two? Why not take prisoners if they're worth taking? Why not steal all of their food and materials?
>>
>>13651342
The delusion is real.
>>
>>13651342
You forgot the best part!
>I can't say I was satisfied with this death—I don't think I was supposed to be—but there was a sort of poetry to it
>but there was a sort of poetry to it
>poetry
>>
>>13651342
just as i thought, IBO really appealing for this kind of kids
>>
>>13648842
>A orphan soldier who by his own admission is not interested in that stuff understood the economy better than her

He knew the price a specific person in a specific region sold her corn at. I don't think the treasurer of my country knows how much farmers sell milk for in one corner of my state.

That said for someone with a double degree in economics and history, who became a major political figure nine years before the show began, Kudelia does come off as extremely out of touch, which is ridiculous.
>>
>>13648436
This is most "family " oriented Gundam since the Build fighters.
>>
So what I'm getting is that regardless of what kind of characterization, developments, battles, or anything else happens, if a named main character with a minimum of 40+ minutes of screentime doesn't die, then nothing happened and the episode was boring.

Is that really the stupid fucking metric people judge a Gundam show on these days?
>>
>>13651427
stop being so obtuse and face the reality
>>
>>13651342
>all those comments saluting Masahiro

For what reason ?
He is not Bernie ffs.
>>
>>13650606
They used their gravity manipulation to fuck up Australia.
>>
>>13649900
Because they don't know who are oppressed orphans and who are assholes. They want to save their friend's brother, but as Mika pointed out they don't have the luxury of relaxing and asking them to play nice till they joined. There's still a very "kill or be killed" element to things. How the hell can you miss that?

>>13650583
She's been suspect for a while now.

>>13651433
The show is far from perfect, but a lot of the "criticisms" are fucking retarded.
>>
>>13651427
So what did happen?

>Kudelia being useless
>Mika kills other kids
>Muh Human Debris
>>
>>13651445
>launch a counter attack
>seeds of doubt/foreshadowing to a traitor have been planted
>Battle begins
>Enemy ship is boarded
>Grunts on both sides dying
>More little touches on the characterization (Kudelia is useless, Mika is very analytical and blunt, Altra acts like a good wife again)
>Small amount of exposition for world tech
>Guts jr. is an angsty little shit
>Guts jr. is a dead angsty little shit
It wasn't the most exciting episode in the world, but saying "nothing happened" is just fucking wrong. If they didn't spend some time showing kids who were all skin and bones sitting in a small room and getting yelled at, Guts jr.'s levels of angst would be an ever harder sell.
>>
>>13648436
Iron blooded Orphans?
More like Family blooded Orphans .
>>
>>13651465
Gundam Chart "muh" edition can have "muh family" in IBO's space.
>>
>>13651444
>but a lot of the "criticisms" are fucking retarded.

For example ?
>>
>>13651484
>Literally nothing happened
>The characters have no personality because I'm autistic and don't know what personality means
>Named characters don't die faster than they change underwear
and my favorite
>I don't have an actual criticism, but I'll just call it complete unadulterated garbage because I'm literally too fucking stupid to articulate a point, so I'll just shitpost instead
>>
>>13651489
G-reco deja-vu is strong with this one.
>>
>>13651498
>When in doubt, shitpost about G-Reco
Excellent.
>>
>>13651408
>He knew the price a specific person in a specific region sold her corn at.
No he knew way more than that. He knew that grand implications of that and could go on to describe the economic and social status of the people on mars. He was able to bring this all up in a well spoken speech out of no where
>>
>>13651467
muh space trip, or muh uselessness, or muh nanolaminated close combat
>>
>>13648436
At this point I feel disgusted to admit that I prefer AGE even if barely to the vomit IBO is.
>>
>>13651567
IBO is one of the easiest shows to sum up with muh, as everyone is so simple and repeats the same shit all the time
>>
>>13651569
AGE Asemu arc is decent. even Kio arc is kind of okay, i mean, something actually happens, sure the eden plan was retarded, but it able to keep me watching. and the damn space lemon
>>
>>13651293
Wait the nano laminate armour is just painted on right? Luke they were saying white was the cheapest kind or something, so it's all tells fan can afford
>>
There's no tension in any of these fights, the only thing holding my attention is the soundtrack
>>
>>13651606
I guess it lacks beam-spam or the overpowered Gundam winning every fight on its own.

I can see why you're disappointed, anon.
>>
>>13651606
But aren't you so invested in all these characters? The pirate kids were so full of character like being angry and being angry. Then there is Mika who is so emotionally invested in the events around him and has such strong agency in the plot it would be terrible if he died. Then there are the mafia who are girls

>>13651611
> lacks beam-spam
Most gundam doesn't have spam (and many of those that do is on occasion) but I'd take that over completely ineffective guns that when you see you know at best is gonna sort of scratch someone. It isn't like the melee combat is well choreographed to make up for that

>overpowered Gundam winning every fight on its own.
But it is. It is the only suit we see ever getting big damage
>>
>>13651580
>AGE Asemu arc is decent.
Stopped reading there
>>
>>13651611
>or the overpowered Gundam winning every fight on its own.
Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
File: 1446412478037.webm (2MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1446412478037.webm
2MB, 1024x576px
>>13651611
You fags make this too easy.
>>
File: gerfda.png (152KB, 445x497px) Image search: [Google]
gerfda.png
152KB, 445x497px
>>13651626
>I'll hit his weak point!
>Barely even scratches it
>Never gets him there again
People say this show has good fights
>>
>>13651611
beam spam meme spam
Also when was the last time barbatos didn't seem over powered and not including that fight with lafter where they had to keep reminding us that the only reason barbatos and Mike didn't mop the floor with her was because it wasn't tuned up properly.
>>
>>13648551
0/10

they weren't naked
>>
The amazing thing about barbatos is it feels overpowered yet also boring

It wins every fight even when outnumbered (was even about to turn tables on lafer or whatever she is called), gets it's paint messed up at worse and can puncture suits when no one else seems able. Yet there is nothing special about the suit. It has no special ability and even the show points out it is old and busted
>>
>>13649992
You don't search for them, its right fucking there in your face sometimes, you just cant avoid it.
>>
File: AGE.png (27KB, 1426x446px) Image search: [Google]
AGE.png
27KB, 1426x446px
>>13651580
>AGE Asemu arc is decent
AGE-2 is IBO level of nothing is happening.
>>
>>13651672
Asemu and Zeheart got that sweet ass fight in the asteroid belt, at least.
>>
>>13651635
When it failed to make a single dent in Guison.

Next.
>>
>>13651686
You mean that time it came out of no where, killed a guy, scared the rest off on it's own, out manoeuvre them all and didn't get damaged at all? While not even using it's weapon that is good against heavy armour?
>>
>>13651691
He surprise attacked and killed a grunt suit.
The other grunt suits were surprised and in disarray.
Guison shows up NOPEs away all of Mika's attacks and only withdrew because it was running out of fuel.

Yep, the Barbatos didn't seem overpowered in the confrontation with the other Gundam.
>>
>>13651696
So he took one out and got them to retreat, by himself, with what should be an ineffective weapon and not getting damaged at all, yet you are saying that isn't overpowered

You are trying hard to make it sound like the Guison was at all a threat but Mika was dodging all of it's shit easy, there was no danger in that fight
>>
>introducing a character solely so he can die an episode or two after
Some writer Okada is
>>
>>13651691
you mean that completely wasted mobile suit whose pilots brings it to the battle late only to spend the entire fight running like a bitch whilst squealing for backup from children

Next.
>>
>>13651700
>So he took one out and got them to retreat, by himself
Factually wrong. They kept attacking him, but since they didn't take him for an Alaya-Vijana user like them, they still underestimated him.
The battle was then decided when reinforcements in form of the Turbines showed up. Cadel said he didn't have enough fuel to take them all on and withdrew.

You could pay a little attention, you know.
>>
>>13651714
Almost on par with Victory-era Tomino, right?

Oh wait he already did that during ZZ.
>>
>>13651724
So he took on the unit by himself, was able to take on out with an ineffective weapon and didn't get scratched

next
>>
>>13651726
Wrong on both accounts dumbfuck.
>>
>>13651714
That isn't unusual for Gundam, the problem is we are expected to care super hard about the relationship.

When most gundams do that it isn't to make us feel sad but for the character to make a point. They tried this with the human debris stuff but it is so badly developed that it doesn't sink in. We don't see how being one is different from everyone else who was part of CGS, at best we are told. The whole idea is puddle deep and just sometimes they get hit by the nasty ugly men
>>
>>13651727
>So he took on the unit by himself, was able to take on out with an ineffective weapon and didn't get scratched
If a Gundam taking out a grunt unit and fighting another Gundam to a stalemate seems overpowered to you, you must have been shedding your fur during G-Reco, where it effectively turns into Son Goku.
>>
>>13651731
What is the Shrike team, faggot?

And don't give me this "Hurr Durr they were in more episodes therefore it doesn't count!"

Most of them didn't receive an iota of screentime or characterization until directly before they were killed.
But I guess Tomino is the master and he gets to do that.
>>
>>13651726
>I-IBOs not shit because all those other shows were shit first
>>
>>13651741
>What is the Shrike team, faggot?
Characters that were established and introduced and given FUCKING NAMES before their deaths?
>>
File: bath towel.jpg (58KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
bath towel.jpg
58KB, 368x368px
Has everyone ordered their official IBO towel?!?

What about your hand towel? They come in both Mika and Orga flavour

there is gonna be warehouses full of this shit
>>
>>13651733
Okay, I get your point, but I disagree.
You weren't meant to feel sad for the Human Debris. You were just supposed to understand that they were a lost cause.
Mika mowed them down almost off-handedly.
The only one that mattered was Guts brother.

However even then you were meant to feel sad for Guts. This is character development for him.

You can't really tell me that we were supposed to feel anything when Mika comedically shoves his mace into that PEEEEDROOOOO! faggot, shutting him up instantly.
>>
File: 1450129765686.png (138KB, 241x321px) Image search: [Google]
1450129765686.png
138KB, 241x321px
>>13651741
>Don't give me a rebuttal that proves me wrong.
>>
>>13651749
>You were just supposed to understand that they were a lost cause.
We were?

>However even then you were meant to feel sad for Guts. This is character development for him

It was?
>>
>>13651746
Established and introduced?

Yeah, so were the Brewers.
They received about the same amount of attention.
The Shrike team were barely characters to begin with. Just generic hot chicks, piloting grunt suits.

It's pretty unintentionally hilarious how Uso cries over some bitch he exchanged like 3 sentences with directly before she died.

Give me a break.
>>
>>13651752
this is mari okada, her writing is so dramatically simplistic that you have to have mental issues if you can't tell what she's forcing down your throat with a very unsubtle sledgehammer
>>
>>13651749
>You weren't meant to feel sad for the Human Debris.
Then they should actually of done something more interesting with the concept

I'm not going to feel sorry for them cause the show tells me feel sorry look at this comically bad guy being bad

>This is character development for him.
And some of the worst I've seen done in a while. His brother coming out of no where was terrible. They had already been over the you are not a slave any more but suddenly he was back on it and had the same conversation so much even in show they were bored of it. He didn't change at all, he just said the same shit a lot and then people sucked his balls for a bit

And then cause they had to kill his brother he suddenly goes crazy without any signs before he was like that. You actually have to set up he has that crazy in him
>>
>>13651714
The problem lies more in the fact that said character accomplished absolutely nothing and his demise only happened to fuel drama for the sake of drama.
>>
>>13651760
>he problem lies more in the fact that said character accomplished absolutely nothing and his demise only happened to fuel drama for the sake of drama.

Isn't that typical for Gundam though?

In fact this is the first time IBO has really felt like a Gundam series to me.
>>
>>13651760
It isn't just that, the middle part is incredibly repetitive and feels more like they have absolutely nothing to do. The actually ideas are clichéd and leaves little for the imagination as they just tell you how to feel
>>
>>13651754
Uso had emotional connections to people in the Shrike Team, not your fault you're too fucking stupid to get that. Majority of them also had more screentime than the Brewers, so go fuck yourself you idiotic cunt.
>>
>>13651756
>I'm not going to feel sorry for them cause the show tells me feel sorry look at this comically bad guy being bad
And what did I just tell you.
Okay, fuck it. Moving on.

On the subject of Guts. One of the things IBO has been doing differently from most other Gundam series is to make the character development much more gradual.
When Guts meet his brother, he was reminded of the life he could have lead and felt massive guilt over being so "well off" right now.
Mika and Orga told him to cut that shit out and that they'd help him.
However that only made him feel humbled and he still considered himself trash, just trash with good friends that lowered themselves to interacting with him.
That's why Orga told him this episode that they were basically the same and that they can decide who they become.
But Massahiro was already broken from years of abuse and living like an animal. He actually enforced Guts original thought that he had a better life than he deserved.
We'll see if that means that Akihiro will now regress back to his initial state or if he'll be able to move forward with the help of his friends.
Some clear thought went into these interactions and his development

. It can't be helped that you're too blind to see it.
>>
>>13651771
No, you go fuck yourself, the Shrikes only had marginally more screentime. Uso would learn about and connect to one for 1/3rd of an episode max before they died.
>>
>>13651777
>One of the things IBO has been doing differently from most other Gundam series is to make the character development much more gradual
I love it when people who obviously haven't watched any other Gundam tries to say shit like this. The levels of delusion is through the roof.

You're writing a paragraph about things that are obvious and basic as fuck. We get that that was what Okada & Co. were trying to do. But the execution was trash and they failed.
>>
>>13651780
Factually wrong, but I won't try and correct you, since you're obviously mentally impaired. Their deaths were still more impactful and meaningful to the show as a whole than whatever bottom of the barrel forced drama trash IBO tries to shit out.
>>
>>13651771
Look at this delusional Tomino-drone.
You can clearly see I struck a nerve because of the namecalling.
The entire post radiates butthurt. I guess I must be on to something.

I'm rewatching Victory right now (thanks EG) and it really is like that.
Especially Mahalia's death was crazy stupid.
I mean she's visually present for a few episodes, but virtually indistinguishable from any other member of the team.

When they're at Arti Gibraltar she has a generic conversation with Uso, goes on about revengenance, puts lipstick warpaint on and then dies. All this happens over the course of like 7 minutes.
And then Uso sits around bawling at her ruined Mobil Suit.
Cut to Winners Forever.

It was crap. Hilarious, but crap.
>>
>>13651781
>>13651777
Not only is it obvious and basic, it is just badly done. What we aren't just told is put front and centre and hammered into us. The "regression" is just that characters go back and fourth on the same concept and not actually saying anything interesting about it

You can make as long a paragraph you want about it but there is a reason this episode had a pretty bad reaction on all sites (even people on MAL were calling it out), the shit has finally piled up enough so everyone can see how badly the characters are handled
>>
>>13651787
Look at this delusional Okada-drone.
You can clearly see I struck a nerve because of the namecalling.
The entire post radiates butthurt. I guess I must be on to something.

I'm watching IBO right now (thanks Daisuki) and it really is like that.
Especially Masahiro's death was crazy stupid.
I mean he's visually present for a few episodes, but virtually indistinguishable from any other member of the Brewers.

When they're in the Shoal he has a generic conversation with Akihiro, goes on about muh family, puts tears warpaint on and then dies. All this happens over the course of like 7 minutes.
And then Guts sits around bawling at his ruined Mobile Suit.
Cut to Orphans, Namida.

It was crap. Hilarious, but crap.
>>
File: 1447057088915.png (563KB, 861x990px) Image search: [Google]
1447057088915.png
563KB, 861x990px
>>13651789
>NO U
>>
>>13651793
>one redditman
>>
>>13651793
>epic reaction picture from generic seasonal trash that /a/ circlejerks over

>>>/a/
>>>/trash/
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
> all these butt hurt tomino fags...
>>
>>13651803
>all this underage

Back to >>>/a/ and stay there, little shit. Go circlejerk your waifus and reddit anime all you want over there
>>
File: 1442951171358.png (681KB, 840x720px) Image search: [Google]
1442951171358.png
681KB, 840x720px
>>13651796
>>13651799
I didn't realize we were talking about my taste in reaction images now. I guess that really reinforces your arguments, right?

Here, have more.
>>
If we're comparing this to Victory even Chronicle did more than the Char clone in this series. He's literally a planet away and hasn't done shit. Worst Char clone ever.
>>
File: Just-Ein-things.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Just-Ein-things.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>13651818
Well, I'd argue that by not getting his ass kicked every episode like Chronicle or Mask, made me slightly respect Chocolate Man more.

However, at this point I'm not even sure he's supposed to be a Char. He just looks like one.

If anything it seems more like they're trying to frame Ein as the rival. Which makes sense since he's been getting his ass kicked since his introduction.
>>
>>13651606
>There's no tension in any of these fights
No that's literally Greco.
>>
File: physical autism.jpg (66KB, 277x296px) Image search: [Google]
physical autism.jpg
66KB, 277x296px
>>13651835
>>
>>13651835
IBOfags can't even say why their shitty show is good, they always have to deflect criticism to another show, as if that makes IBO pathetic flaws go away.
>>
>>13651818
Chocolate man has a spy on board their ship and he's chilling on Earth preparing his attack when they reach Earth. That's like a lifetime of accomplishments next to Chronicle and Mask.
>>
>>13651780
The Shrike Team lasted throughout the entirety of Victory Gundam and several members comfort and support Uso throughout the show despite their own circumstances. Did we watch the same Victory Gundam? I'm not arguing that they're stellar written characters but to say that they had marginally more screentime is flat out wrong.
>>
>>13651841
>IBOfags can't even say why their shitty show is good
Pretty sure they already told you many times that it was "because of Okada".
>>
Thinking about it, this is basically the X to G-Reco's Gundam Wing.
>>
>>13651851
Except Banrise actually cares about this show and is trying to push it onto western audiences with very positive reception from everywhere that isn't /m/.
>>
>>13651851
Makes sense that they don't want to make it 50 eps, even if it would have benefited from it narrative wise - they know it'd be canceled before it's even over.
Even if anime never gets canceled nowadays, but for shitposting purpose we'll pretend it could get canceled.
>>
>>13651855
>Even if anime never gets canceled nowadays
AGE was cancelled.
>>
>>13651855
For this no s2 would likely have a similar effect considering the pacing
>>
>>13651854
/a/ is mixed, MAL is mixed (and has very low poster count for ibo threads) and tumblr doesn't care
>>
>>13651854
You should also mention that the japanese viewership has been steadily increasing since the average numbers at the start.

Not that it really matters.
I don't get off on my show being successful or not. What matters is that I enjoy it.
>>
>>13649258
>You've just gone full retard, please kill yourself.

>Characterization is the process by which the writer reveals the personality of a character. Characterization is revealed through direct characterization and indirect characterization. Direct Characterization tells the audience what the personality of the character is.

Mika has no personality. He's a stand in for a child soldier that pilots a Gundam. He's also a genderswapped Mikasa Ackerman from Attack on Titan but I won't go into that.
>>
>>13651892
Tumblr is just fujoshit shipping central which is all that matters for them, just another seasonal hunk show.
>>
>>13651909
But there is barely any. The show barely gets reblogs on most posts
>>
>>13651909
I'm huge on Tumblr and I can tell you G-Reco was much bigger.
>>
>>13651935
>I'm huge on Tumblr
That explains a lot.

You should probably stay there.
>>
>>13651899
>japanese viewership has been steadily increasing since the average numbers at the start.

Wrong. There was an increase from 1 to 2 and a huge increase from 2 to 3 but after that the show dropped a whole percent. It's tracking worse than X.
>>
>>13651998
Japanese reception of Gundam is like the way we receive star wars. If star wars had alternate universes or alternate galaxies I'm sure people would eat them up to the very end.
>>
>>13651935
I use it too and it very clearly wasn't. Most people dropped it because they couldnt make sense of the plot.
>>
>>13651899
>the japanese viewership has been steadily increasing since the average numbers at the star
>steadily
Nope.
>>
>>13649206
>He's also a gender swapped Mika Ackerman
Mikasa was a yandere at least.
>>
>>13652076
Mikasa's sole defining trait is MUH EREN.

At least Mika cares about all his bros.
>>
>>13652079
>Mikasa's sole defining trait is MUH EREN.

What is MUH ORGA?
>>
>>13652108
I just said he cared about his other bros too.
And this isn't up for argument, given how much time he spends caring for people that aren't Orga.

Jesus Shagfag-kun, get your shit together.
>>
>>13652115
>I just said he cared about his other bros too.
>And this isn't up for argument, given how much time he spends caring for people that aren't Orga.
>Jesus Shagfag-kun, get your shit together.

Get my shit together? If you are watching IBO past where I dropped it then you're definitely an asspie. It doesn't even qualify as a show for me it's just a Gundam-esque interpretation based on the reception of Attack On Titan. If you can't see that you must be terribly in denial.
>>
File: shiggydiggydarjun.png (124KB, 626x564px) Image search: [Google]
shiggydiggydarjun.png
124KB, 626x564px
>>13652125
Why are you even still in these threads, you useless cretin?

Go hotglue some Zakus or pay a prostitute to dress up as Puru and shove the Argama up your ass.
>>
File: Uso_Junko_res.jpg (2MB, 720x9720px) Image search: [Google]
Uso_Junko_res.jpg
2MB, 720x9720px
>>13651741
>>13651754
Please, wake me when IBO will have 1% of the pathos Victory had just in these few lines.
>>
>>13651869
>AGE was cancelled.
It wasn't.
>>
File: Shrike team.jpg (44KB, 600x393px) Image search: [Google]
Shrike team.jpg
44KB, 600x393px
>>13652189
fug

rip Shrikes
>>
>>13652301
>all those literally whos
>>
>>13652306
nah don't worry about it, if shit posting gives you some small amount of pleasure then you're welcome to it

happy holidays anon
>>
>>13652199
>The series was originally plan to be a year-and-a-half long in length; however, sometime during broadcast, it determined that the show was to be cut short to the final length of 49 episodes
>>
Shrike weren't really noticeable on my 1st and only watch. You may be attached to them, but that doesn't mean they're any better written than IBO's version.
>>
>>13652888
>but that doesn't mean they're any better written than IBO's version.
But then how do we shitpost like retards?
>>
>>13648582
But how else are we supposed to get exposition and world building!?
>>
>>13648866
>the character & mecha designs were boring and uninspired.
I mean, I'm not going to tell you your opinion is wrong, but I'm interested in why you feel this way.
>>
New OP next week, right?
I'm sick of RAISE YOUR FLAG
>>
>>13654046
I just hope they're keeping the ED.
>>
>>13655100
>I just hope they're keeping the ED.

They will keep the ED to remind you of the characters that die and how they were at the start when you first saw them. Watch.
>>
>>13652438
So not canceled then
>>
>>13651788

>citation needed
>>
>>13652438
Damn, you got me there! They definitely CANCELED the show.
Thread posts: 366
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.