[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Furi Kuri

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: flcl-card.jpg (226KB, 3000x1875px) Image search: [Google]
flcl-card.jpg
226KB, 3000x1875px
What does /m/ think of this OVA?
>>
What is it with you big faggots and wanting to know what /m/ thinks of every fucking thing?
>>
>>13642029
Calm down brah, I was just curious since I just finished it and it's /m/-related, so I wanted to maybe start a discussion about it.
>>
>>13642020
It fucking blows and would be forgotten forever if it wasn't for millennial american kids seeing it on cartoon network.
>>
>>13642020
it had its moments but it's nothing special
>>
>>13642020
One of my all time favorite anime. I love the art direction, the music, the animation, the characters. Especially the characters, I feel like this show does more with its characters in 6 episodes than most anime can do in 26. The story itself isn't particularly deep but I like the fact that it focuses on the mundane kid instead of the details of intergalactic conspiracy. Some of the awkward fan-service-y moments bring it down, though.

My other favorite mecha anime are probably Turn A, Giant Robo, and Patlabor 2 if you are interested in how FLCL fits in with stuff I like.
>>
It was alright. It had a lot of style. And it made me look up what the areola is, so that's my personal takeaway from it.

>>13642029
>>13642034
Is there a better way to start a thread that trawls for opinions? One that doesn't start with a blatant declaration? I'm trying to think of one, but nothing comes to mind.
>>
>>13642020
>>13642034
Fuck off back to /v/.
>>
The art direction is definitely unique, I wouldn't say it's one of the best series I've seen but I did have a lot of fun with it.

One of my favourite elements of it was probably Canti, he's so plain from a design standpoint but super expressive. Along with that killer soundtrack, of course.
>>
>>13642020

it was bonkers and fun

plus it made me a fan of the pillows
>>
>>13642133
I don't even go to /v/

Try again, shit-heel.
>>
>>13642020
I think it was executed perfectly and did everything it wanted to do without fail. It may or may not be the best thing I've ever seen, but it was flawless, and that's good enough for me.
I'd love to jerk it off but I don't really have it in me to say positive things about what I like anymore.
>>
>>13642020
I think I watched it at just the right time so the message struck home, it really gets what being a kid turning to a teen feels like under all the crazy metaphors but at the same time they add to it

Repeated viewings always make me see new things in there. The Pillows are amazing. Fuck Haruko and Mamimi
>>
I liked how it had subs on the R2s for most of it.
>>
It makes me feel depressed and old.
>>
I do not get how it became regarded some sort of high tier show. It was kinda meh to me.
>>
File: flcl.jpg (46KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
flcl.jpg
46KB, 1200x675px
>>13642246
First of all, it's really well-directed. When it come to cinematography, every shot looks fantastic. I know a lot of people don't give that as much credit as they should but I feel like it's a very important distinction between shitty media and good media.
Secondly, it has a notoriously bitchin soundtrack that complements the mood of the series well. This is Gainax's forte, so it's to be expected; but ever song feels like it was used in exactly the right place. This is much more noticeable than to the uninitiated viewer than something like cinematography and art direction, and is an easy way to manipulate your audience's emotions.
Thirdly is not just the spectacular animation, but the simplistic visual direction. This is definitely more of a subjective thing to measure, but the way it ties into the themes and atmosphere of the series is part of it's appeal. The color coordination is fantastic as well, with dull sepia when you're meant to feel Naota's angst and bright blues and whites added in when things go out of control.
Finally, I think people really like the ending. Brittle Bullet is probably the weakest episode overall, although there are some good moments, but it sets up for FLCLimax. FLCLimax is pretty weak for the first half, too, until the second half picks it up and puts it squarely on top of the "really good series" list for most people. There's a sense of urgency, a new song with that perfectly captures the je ne sais quoi of the series starts playing, and the final battle starts. I think it's this iconic ending where nothing is gained except for a glimmer of maturity inside Naota and nothing is lost except for a reluctant love. There is no progression. Naota's just a stupid kid who can't appreciate the cool, crazy shit that happens to him, and the final episode really hammers that in. It's a message that really resonates with the middle Americans who saw it on Toonami.

At least, that's my two cents.
>>
>>13642417
word
>>
>>13642417
It's interesting how people can write so much and yet say so little with what they've written.
>>
>>13642020
It's the anime of my preteen years.

I actually prefer the light novels, though, as they go deeper into the characters and we get to see everyone's thoughts.
>>
I thought the manga was better.
>>
I didn't understand it.
>>
>>13642020
Watched it last year and thought it blew ass. Can see why tweens liked it though, just like Wing.
>>
>>13642020
According to my headcanon , FLCL means " Full of LCL " which means it is the sequel to Eva.

Seriously apart from random : the anime and boy dealing with his puberty, I can't see why it is gobbled like NGE.
Then world is full of plebs who perpetuaute whatever the local dvd store had since 90s.
>>
>>13642960
Stick to A/Z
>>
It's awesome. It'd be in my top 10 favorite anime, easily.
>>
File: 1448857442178.jpg (72KB, 657x557px) Image search: [Google]
1448857442178.jpg
72KB, 657x557px
>>13642029
Newfags who think boards are hiveminds

Also not /m/, check em
>>
it just makes me remember that I'm a virgin
>>
File: 50244116_p2.jpg (340KB, 689x900px) Image search: [Google]
50244116_p2.jpg
340KB, 689x900px
Now I know there was alot of things in FLCL, but significant chunk of the OVA was made of various girls hugging Naota, cornering him on his own bed, tickling his sensitive cat ears, kissing him, and other forms of affection or molestation. But no matter how delicious the girls were, and they were very delicious, I could only pay attention to Naota.

FLCL made me gay.
>>
>>13643464
>Naota
>gay
>>
Hardcore nostalgia for it, Ride on Shooting Star is my second favorite anime ED.
Shiki no Uta is my number one favorite
>>
>>13642020
It's great, has a lot of references to from Gundam and Gainax shows, to South Park.
It's Catcher in the Rye the anime.
Various visual styles, and great directing.
The voice cast is not that good, to the point where the dub is an improvement.

I think it's severely underrated.
>>
>>13644376
>I think it's severely underrated.

>DA BEST ANIME EVER to newfags everywhere
>underrated
No.
It was just ok.

Best ED ever, though.
>>
>>13643849
>That spoiler

MY MAN
>>
>>13643849
Excellent taste anon.
>>
>>13644382
I think he means severely underrated by people who matter.
>>
>>13644382
>>13644741
It's like the band Queen. Their seven most popular songs are so completely overrated by the unwashed masses that connoisseurs likewise only focus on those and disregard the rest of the band's body of work. Underrated and overrated at the same time.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.