[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So if the Double Riders and Shocker Riders were designed and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: sr.jpg (21KB, 396x227px) Image search: [Google]
sr.jpg
21KB, 396x227px
So if the Double Riders and Shocker Riders were designed and built to be minions of Shocker, why do they not look like the other inhumanoids? These guys are clearly what is meant to be a suit while the others seem to be more organic in nature.
>>
Logically speaking in universe it is easier to account for skills if you base it off a humanoid form.
Out of universe it is probably because the suits would be easier to make/wear, I think. Smaller and mostly identical to the Rider 1 suit = less cash spent on the suits = more cash for special effects.
>>
Professor Midorikawa designed and built the Hopper/Rider type, while Shocker built the others.
>>
>>13640353
The mutants in The First were just leather suits and animal helmets like the Riders, though.
>>
I assumed they were made to look more human to better infiltrate the government and shit.
>>
File: KamenRider01ep09Cobraman01.jpg (43KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
KamenRider01ep09Cobraman01.jpg
43KB, 720x480px
>>13640353
Midorikawa, the one who actually created the Rider, dies shortly afterwards. So, the others are designed by other Shocker personal, unless they deliberately attempt to mimic the original Rider's design style.
>>
The SPIRITS manga explains that the showa riders were super-special bodies meant to serve as vessels for some powerful alien god.
>>
I'm more confused about the skeleton pajamas grunts.
>>
I'm going to pull shit completely out of my ass here, but I always assumed that it shows how humanity is the pinnacle of form to Shocker.

Even if the Great Leader is some kind of gorgon.
>>
>>13640522
>>13640488

He's not a gorgon, not really. He's a demon from hell. Sure, you can get metaphorical about it, but the Great Leader is quite possibly the Devil, and he seeks a host to work his evil upon earth.

It's like the shitshow that was Decade. Tsukasa was never the Great Leader: the Great Leader wanted to possess him, so he could corrupt and destroy all that ever existed.
>>
>>13640353

They're more advanced. The first kaijin were necessarily crude; the Combatmen are even cruder. Hongo, if he had stayed brainwashed, would have become a commander like Apollo Geist, one of Shocker's elite.

But after he killed so many of them, Shocker likely realized his pattern was the most promising. Obviously, the original Riders were a fluke, but I assume the Shocker Riders are production models.

It's sort of like how, at the end of Heisei shows, the enemies are usually very humanoid instead of monstrous. Humanity is the ultimate life form.
>>
>>13640589
>Apollo Geist, one of Shocker's elite.
But Apollo Geist wasn't even from the same show...?
>>
>>13640582
Is Tsukasa a cyborg?
>>
>>13640798

No, he was just an asshole with a belt. It kind of makes sense, in that he was a complete dick normally. I assume the Great Leader planned to just possess him.

>>13640616

I thought all those evil organizations were ultimately various versions of Shocker. In SPIRITS, they're all part of the same overarching hierachy.
>>
>>13640831
The Great Leader claims to be behind all organizations in Stronger, but as far as their own series go GOD and Geddon/Garanda were basically standalone.
>>
>>13640841
In Spirits don't they say that Shocker basically runs most governments too?
>>
>>13640582
>the Great Leader is quite possibly the Devil
I thought he was some kind of other dimension lovecraftian monster genius
>>
>>13641038

Same thing. SPIRITS has it as the Izanami/Izanagi thing, but it's basically the Devil. We're talking an otherworldly, occult, evil force. "It's SATAN" works well enough.
>>
>>13641038
He is from B26 Dark Nebula
>>
>>13640353
Ishinomori always wanted Rider to look like a deformed freak very similar to his foes but Toei wanted a cool hero. See Shin Kamen Rider or the Kamen Rider Black manga to see Ishinomori's true vision.
>>
>>13641129

I dunno, I was thinking more a 'gradual evolution'. Like, you start by blending animal traits - This guy is a lizard who can kick really well, this one is a spider, this guy can transform in a giant bat who can fly. Sure, they're not subtle, but you have super-soldiers! Then you refine the template, so that they don't become rampaging monsters. And it turns out that a superhuman cyborg with bug powers is a lot stronger than just a guy with bug powers.

Remember, this is a constant process. I suppose the ultimate would be a being that is basically God, given that Shocker is big on transhumanism.
>>
>>13641136
Maybe but Ishinomori had a boner for monster rider. Anyway, the rider we know and love had a bigger debt to Hirayama than Ishinomori
>>
>>13641140

Well, at least for Black, there's a hideous monster inside the armor. Like, you can actually see he's a kind of grasshopper-hybrid before the armor closes up around him.
>>
>>13640353
In-universe they all look similar. If you check Ishinomori's manga you see KR is supposed to look more like a monster. He would be Grasshopperman in a sense. Part of the point of the original show was that Hongo and Hayato were the same evil they were fighting against.

The thing is that the Rider suit has to be practical, durable and a bit heroic so they couldnt make it full monster, but the idea is there.
Compare Inazuman's manga design with the suit used in the show and the one used in Fourze. The new one looks way more like a monster, as it is supposed to, but the original didnt because of limitations on suit design back then.
>>
>>13641140
There was a quote from Ishimori
Evil speaks out loud in the world with the mask of an angel, while those with true hearts were being mistaken to be the real monsters.
>>
>>13640353
>applying logic to that mess of a movie.
Ignoring that, like someone said the kaijin in that movie were just humans in masks, too. There's no proper rubber suit monsters in that movie. Dunno where you got your idea that they look organic from, but it's just plain wrong.
>>
>>13642209
Cool gibberish bro.
>>
>>13640841
What about Golgom?
>>
>>13643857
It's lead by the Century King, who is never stated to be the Great Leader.
>>
>>13643857
Different for two reasons:

Real reason for this:
>Black was going to be a Reboot for Kamen Rider, so Century King was supposed to be the "Great Leader" of that.

In universe theory:
>Great Leader is Either a Monk turned into an Evil Undying Lovecraft monster or a Alien(Stronger).
>Century King is a "God" of the universe, likely stronger than Great Leader when at full power.
>Generalissimo of Badan(Great Leader) was a Giant Skull.
>Emperor Crisis is a Giant Head.
>>
>>13641140
To be fair, we've seen Ishinomori's concept sketches for Kamen Rider, an they weren't monster-like. What changed was the theme going from a knight to a skull to an insect.

The biomonster Rider that he pushed for in the late 80s wasn't really his original concept, just a concept that he fell in love with later.
>>
>>13644639
Cit needed, but apparently the Grasshopper Motif was picked by his son(Child at the time).
>>
>>13644391
>>13644634
it was the creation king black and shadow moon are Century Kings
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.