[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys like about Patlabor? Is it worth picking up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: Patlabor_manga_cover.jpg (30KB, 300x437px) Image search: [Google]
Patlabor_manga_cover.jpg
30KB, 300x437px
What do you guys like about Patlabor?

Is it worth picking up?
>>
Watch You're Under Arrest instead.
>>
>>13624087
>What do you guys like about Patlabor?

A great many things

>Is it worth picking up?

very much so

>>13624106

also yes
>>
>>13624106
Only watch the OVA, after that the actual series begin and the animation quality takes a fucking nosedive back to mid-70s quality standards. The only well-animated shot of the series is a close-up of the main girl's ass.
>>
File: B009JZHGG8.01.S003.LXXXXXXX.jpg (233KB, 764x1200px) Image search: [Google]
B009JZHGG8.01.S003.LXXXXXXX.jpg
233KB, 764x1200px
My favorite series bar none. It's got a fantastic soundtrack and the series itself is just super versatile and tells all sorts of stories and does so perfectly. Comedy, action, tragedy, it has it all. Amazing cast of characters too.

There's two timelines, the TV Timeline which is the TV series (47 episodes) and the OVA sequel "The New Files" (16 episodes) and the Movie Timeline covers "The Early Days OVA" (7 Episodes) and the Three films. The movie timeline is more 'serious' and has a totally different vibe (in fact all three movies differ too) but both timelines are worth checking out. The BD's are on sale at rightstuf at the moment.
>>
>>13624327
REMEMBA PEARL HARBOR
>>
>>13624106
>not Dirty Pair

Shit taste.
>>
It's still quite a unique /m/ franchise.
>>
>>13624087
I'm halfway through the TV series and from what I've seen so far, the SOL parts are entertaining enough and the robot fights actually have some semblance of tension unlike many srsbsns mecha series
Defo worth picking up
>>
I watched the first two episodes yesterday and I got bored. Does it pick up?

For the record, I liked it, too.
>>
>>13624732
What did you watch? The first Ova or the TVs series? Im going to say if the ova and you're not really feeling it now then it's probably best not to continue. If it's the tv series you've watched first maybe give it a couple more episode but really the tone is pretty consistent throughout
>>
>>13624732
The TV series? Yes and no.

No, because it's a slice-of-life series
Yes, because there are some episodes that deal with an ongoing plot thread about the Ingram labor.
>>
>>13624582

How is Dirty Pair at all like Patlabor?

Patlabor is at it's core a character driven slice of life police show. So is Yua.

Shove your 80s boner up your ass for two damn seconds an actually try thinking for a change. Despite the lack of mecha, the two shows have more than a few similarities in tone and style. Very slow, deliberate pacing with the characters often carrying whatever plots through sheer personality.

Really if someone wanted something like Patlabor, Dirty fucking Pair would be one of the last things Id recommend to them. I mean for fucks sake, we're talking about comfy, fairly grounded slice of life shows and you want to bring up WACKY SPACE EXPLOSION CAT FIGHT EXTRAVAGANZA?
>>
I've watched the OVAs and the movie that goes with them (Really liked the Movie btw). Is the TV series rehashing the same story or is it worth it to watch the series and the other movies as well?
>>
>>13625800
Yeah, all 63 episodes of the TV series rehashes the same story. Don't bother with the movies either, because they also rehash the same story but with more icky CG. You've basically watched all the Patlabor you need to watch, don't listen to what anyone else says.
>>
>>13625809
No need to be such a cunt. I didn't realize it was such a large series.
>>
File: 1406935921345.jpg (113KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1406935921345.jpg
113KB, 600x450px
>all this shitpost about Patlabor
this place has gone to shit
>>
>>13625859
Someone answered your question earlier in the thread. Read before posting, idiot.
>>
>>13626102
It's really sad that /m/ has fallen so far within just a few months.
>>
early days ova + 3 movies
TV + new files ova
>>
>>13624087
i am downloading the 500GB BDMV.
>>
>>13625122
>autism: the post
>>
>>13624087
Jesus, does this question even need to be asked?

fucking yes. Patlabor is one of the best /m/ series ever made.

It's fucking mecha japan...and nobody has a cellphone. I love it.
>>
>>13626996
>hur dur you're just being autistic

nice argument there, guy.
>>
File: totally anal.jpg (92KB, 184x215px) Image search: [Google]
totally anal.jpg
92KB, 184x215px
>>13627890
Nobody's trying to argue with you, idiot, just chill out.
>>
>>13626996
He's right. You're Under Arrest shares a ton of similarities with Patlabor, way more than with Dirty Pair. If you have a problem with people posting an argument that isn't just greentext and a buzzword, you're actively bringing board quality down.
>>
>>13627921
Wiw I didn't know that the only alternative to a footlong rant full of buttmadness was just greentext and a buzzword
>>
yua also seriouses the fuck up for the movie like patlabor
>>
>>13628198

the series had a few serious plot lines here and there too. Even had a multi part Magnum Force ripo..Homage
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.