[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[EG] Victory Gundam BD - Disc 3 (15-21)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 13

I told you I'd try to get this first box done before the end of the year!

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=765895
>>
>>13623164
>Uso
>being happy
>>
>>13623164
That's wonderful!
>>
>>13623164
Huzzah!
Thanks!
>>
>>13623187
>happy
he's obviously at his breaking point anon
>>
>>13623164
BASED!
>>
>>13623164
>Victory BD appeared on Nyaa
Wow, I am so out of the loop these days. I think I was spurred on to come over here and ask last time I saw an update like this but is Zeta V2 still a thing that's going to happen? I know last time I asked you said it depended on Clutchins returning but I'm extra curious now that an R1 re-release is coming out (which will always be second rate because of the OP/ED rights issue that I presume still plagues the series)
>>
>>13623985
I'm not gonna lie, it does somewhat invalidate my efforts a little bit. I will probably consider it dropped when Victory is done, unless Clutchins reappears.
>>
>>13624004
That's a terrible shame. Hopefully somebody does an R1 rip with spliced audio, just for an authentic experience. Either way, Zeta one of those shows I will put money aside to purchase and is likely to be as good visually as the R2 (it's been out since 2008 and is now on a discounted reprint - Sunrise has no reason to care about losing money on imports). The OP/ED will bother me but it's a minor problem. I'm glad to finally own Zeta without paying a Japanese home video premium plus import expenses.
>>
>>13624046
I don't want to drop it really, but how long can I wait, you know? I did that once before with Ideon and ended up waiting two years on BDMVs, then scripts, and finally just dumped the raws. The sooner I can be done with everything the better.
>>
>>13624061
Like Ideon, just finish the raws and dump them like you did with the first half. This is /m/. We make Gunpla. Somebody will finish it. You did 3/4ths already so by this point I really don't see much of a functional problem with a full release done the same way.

You've passed on this suggestion every step of the way but I stand by it. If you have ANY inclination to finish it even slightly, just do what you did for the first 25 and I promise you'll have made at least the diehards holding out for your specialty - the video encoding part - more than satisfied.
>>
>>13624113
I'll see if I have some time for it this week. Almost every disc has been encoded for months now.
>>
>>13624127
Thanks man, seeing this backburner project completed is as exciting to me as it was for most others to see you take on Eva.
>>
Healthy number of seeds now.
>>
Does anyone know where I can find scans of the covers/box? IIRC Yoshinari made one of them and it must be fucking awesome.
>>
>>13623164
Any chance for a mega link to any of these?
My uni has blocked torrents.
>>
File: basklikes.jpg (13KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
basklikes.jpg
13KB, 300x225px
>>13623164
Amazing. I was just trying to get a friend into Victory. Thanks for this.
>>
>>13623164
Wow, thanks. Was not expecting it this soon, surprised I did not see the thread earlier.

On another note,
Does this still have the kind of light in the corners?
>>
>>13623164
>Victory Gundam
Who is watching?
>>
>>13626920
I've been rewatching since he started releasing the BDs, so there's me.
>>
>>13626920
I am.
>>
File: ep 16.jpg (133KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ep 16.jpg
133KB, 1440x1080px
>Episode 16
>dat everything
>>
Does tomino have abandonment/mommy issues?
>>
>>13626883
Nevermind, just went through them and they're not there anymore.

Will we have to wait long for Disc 4?
>>
Why is this show so good?
>>
>>13633088
When I marathoned Victory the first time around it didn't really get me until nearly the end, but now that I'm rewatching it at a slower pace, I think it's absolutely fantastic, and I've been completely engrossed since the beginning (on ep 17 now).

It's criminally underrated. I've said this a million times before, but it's a lot like Zeta where the first time some people watch it they have this knee-jerk reaction to it which makes them dislike it, but upon rewatching you can really see where it shines, and appreciate the smaller details.
For example, I never really took note of Victory's OST, but now I can't help but notice how effectively it's used, and how great it is.
>>
>>13633387
I loved Zeta and Victory the first time I saw each and was able to marathon them. They only got even better for me the next few times, especially Zeta. I was honestly surprised that there was such a vocal constituency that never seemed to get invested and even outright despised them, often for the same reasons I found them to be so compelling. I CAN sort of understand that perception now after seeing Ideon and not being totally blown away by it and finding much of it tedious, but I also know now after *rewatching* Ideon that perhaps Tomino's style is an acquired taste even as it applies to Gundam (which I actually do think comprises the collectively better half of his career than the standalone stuff does).
>>
>>13633636
Most of the criticisms I see of Victory are either kinda irrelevant or could just as easily be applied to Zeta... Extremely high rate of named characters dying? Meh. Flat animation? A bit maybe. Tomino hates it? Who the fuck cares what Tomino thinks, the guy is like George Lucas, he outshines everyone else who works with him yet somehow gets all the credit. He made a fluke and it turned out to be great, why should you hate the show because he does?
>>
File: my balls, they're gone.jpg (54KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
my balls, they're gone.jpg
54KB, 704x480px
>>13633648

I get this feeling too. People see out of context scenes like this is my mother, duker iq motorcycles, lupe drowning uso, etc. and think victory is insane. Then they see the ms design and tomino's criticism in the dvd and think the show is bad. I don't think tomino has ever explained what happened to him during this time, only that he was unhappy about bandai/sunrise conflict. Victory still was a good show. The story is very similar to many gundam series where a popular movement is once again ruined by ambitious members of the military. There are some minor inconsistencies but every gundam series has them.

I think the biggest turnoff is the theme. I don't think people try to contemplate the motives of zanscare because they're confusing. Maria seems like a nice person, but her tolerance of the guillotine and oppression by the military is suspect. Katejina becomes an insane follower with no real explanation as to why she hates men. Cronicle loves to kill but sincerely believes in spreading maria's matriarchal society. Zanscare is never shown as matriarchal. Maria has newtype hax but men like kagatie still have power. Men blindly follow Maria because she can somehow make the blind see and the crippled walk. This is reaching, but this show reminded me a lot of modern feminism. Tomino may have been criticizing this movement.
>>
>>13623187
Don't worry, that was just a brief moment before more friends dying.
>>
>>13628931
The answer should be clear as day if you watch more tomino gundam
>>
>>13634911
>Tomino may have been criticizing this movement.

Any message regarding feminism is completely lost due to Tomino taking a shit on both sides of the dichotomy. He offers nothing coherent or anything resembling insight.

Victory is a mess.
>>
>>13634911

>ms design
>bad
>>
>>13634951

I would agree with you if the criticism was not mostly aimed at female characters. Jinn Gehennam is a hack and the federation is retarded but muh old men protecting the childrens' future isn't criticism, it's exactly what tomino thinks the elderly should do and is consistent with his current thinking. Most of the conflict centers around the shrike team women being too easily controlled by emotion. This is doubly true for zanscare women like fuala and lupe. The children who suffer from the war are in desperate need of mothers. The only women who are remotely happy in victory are marbet and the young girls who accept their seemingly limited yet incredibly important role as mothers happily.

>>13634968

Reading comprehension, I said people see the design and think it's bad. People look at the colors and buy into that theory that tomino was sabotaging kit sales, so he purposely made the ms ugly and used weird colors and features that couldn't be replicated in plastic, like beam wires, lots of transformations, etc. I happen to like the ms design. I was merely postulating as to why so many people steer clear of victory.
>>
>>13634982

I was specifically referring to the women. We got two completely separate cases, ones who are connected to motherhood and care giving like Maria and Shakti, opposite of the violent prevalence in war that twists your psyche until the point of giving birth is foreign to you, who are completely ineffectual, manipulated, naive, lack power and get people killed due to incompetence. They're only good for child bearing because of sheer stupidity.

Then we have the women with power able to actually alter her surroundings represented by the ability to use mobile suits to pursue their goals. Note how twisted and extreme someone like Fuala, Lupe, or Katejina are, and how they're defined by their obsession with our young protagonist for the oddest reasons. In the end, it all comes down to some weird sexual relation to the conflict.

>it's exactly what tomino thinks the elderly should do

Yeah, that was nothing new by that point.
>>
>>13635015

And yet zanscare would have succeeded if not for shakti and maria. Maria is hardly connected to caring. She claims to be nice yet tolerates evil for so long. For years she did not know motherhood because she was separated from shakti. Shakti makes the clear distinction between her being a nice person, which she accepts, and her being a mother, which she rejects. Other than katejina, how can you say there's sexual tension between uso and the women? It's not like tomino dodged the subject. Women love him as a son, not sexually.

You also need to consider the time period. Japan experienced radical feminism much earlier than the rest of the world. The 90s (and even today) are a period of economic depression for japan. Families are not valued and women work more. Birth rates are still too low and men are frustrated.
>>
File: shotaconvic.jpg (528KB, 704x3840px) Image search: [Google]
shotaconvic.jpg
528KB, 704x3840px
>13635037
>And yet zanscare would have succeeded if not for shakti and maria.

Maria was not instrumental in their downfall and she contributed to their power far more. Shakti helped out, but she was the only way their plan with Angel Halo could work in the first place. Even after being rescued for the sixth time due to their naivety before the finale, Zanscare was benefiting from her power and powering Angel Halo through her.

>>13635037
>yet tolerates evil for so long

Yeah, but she was portrayed as mostly ignorant and naive.

>Maria is hardly connected to caring

She is. Regardless of her relationship with Shakti, she's representative of Zanscare's matriarchal ideal, a caring idol that nurses the less fortunate and spreads love.

>Other than katejina, how can you say there's sexual tension between uso and the women?

The dialogue between him and Fuala. Come on.
>>
>>13635075

Uso would have been executed if not for maria. Shakti was necessary for angel halo to function, but she ultimately used its power to destroy the zanscare fleet. Maria isn't that ignorant. She wasn't stupid enough to think the people she oppressed loved her. The very fact there was a resistance proves this. Uso asked her why she couldn't just stop the guillotine and she changed after that point. Maria is representative of zanscare, but you can't ignore the fact that she was hardly a mother to anyone. She's a flawed woman who doesn't truly understand motherhood. I really don't see why you think fuala or lupe wanted to fuck uso. You know who bites breasts? Babies. With all the talk of motherhood you don't actually think tomino threw in random ss for no reason, do you?
>>
>>13624127

If you upload the raws, all that would have to happen is somebody re-time the existing subs, right?

And to bring it to what Clutchin's wanted, somebody else throw in the dub track and maybe the American Op/Ed for that anal retentive feel?
>>
>>13635101
>Uso would have been executed if not for maria

Putting it that way, Haro was more key to Zanscare's downfall.

>you can't ignore the fact that she was hardly a mother to anyone

It's the same with Uso's mother, she even created the ultimate death machine in MS form with him as the pilot in mind, but recall the difference in attitude with his relationship with his father. On the other hand, she had one of the worst deaths in the show.

>a flawed woman who doesn't truly understand motherhood

Sounds like the entire female cast.

>I really don't see why you think fuala or lupe wanted to fuck uso

There's blatant sexual connotations, it's present in almost every relationship Uso has with an older female character but Uso's mostly on the receiving end here.

>You know who bites breasts? Babies. With all the talk of motherhood you don't actually think tomino threw in random ss for no reason, do you?

Interpreting it your way, Tomino's absurd portrayal of Lupe's psychosis and want of a child combined with weird shotacon vibes is not something praiseworthy. It's outright disturbing if you link it to the overall theme and turns it into bigger schlock from a writing stand point.
>>
>>13635170

Haro was very important too, but that doesn't make maria's map any less important.

Uso isn't receiving sexual tension, that's motherly love. There's a big difference. As for uso having sexual tension, he's 13. Surely you remember what it was like to be that young and explore your sexuality for the first time. I don't blame him considering how many beautiful women he's surrounded by. Yes, he misinterprets their concern for him as sexual love. No, that doesn't make their love sexual. When did I say lupe was someone to be praised?

All I was trying to communicate is that most female characters in victory have issues stemming from the fact they are not good women who value or understand the role of women in society. Their behavior SHOULD be disturbing. I think that's the point. If this was the point, it makes sense why tomino was more sensitive to criticism and why people avoided the series.
>>
>>13635202
Lupe was totally in for the shotadick though
>>
File: boyo.jpg (231KB, 704x1440px) Image search: [Google]
boyo.jpg
231KB, 704x1440px
>>13635202

>that's motherly love

Lupe, Fuala, and Katejina were not sending motherly love. I wasn't talking about the Shrike Team or Marbet or his mother (I'm not insane, man), which is why I made sure to differentiate Uso's budding feelings for the older women around him from the psychotics with an unhealthy focus on our protagonist.

>When did I say lupe was someone to be praised?

Not her character, but the actual writing. It's even counter intuitive to the message with your interpretation in mind.

>Their behavior SHOULD be disturbing

I meant Tomino as a human being would be disturbing.

>it makes sense why tomino was more sensitive to criticism and why people avoided the series.

I'm mainly playing devil's advocate at the moment. I like Victory, it's all right and I've seen it twice, but its story and characters are a mess for the most part.
>>
>>13635261
>>13635270

I just did not interpret these dialogues as sexual. The subs make it look much more sexual in english than it is in japanese. I know zanscare women don't come off as motherly. I agree, they don't. They're crazy women, all of whom have issues regarding men. Lupe kissing pippiniden ass, fuala being a pawn, etc. Fuala was actually a nice person before her exile. Lupe wasn't that weird either prior to tassilo's coup. Remember when katejina took care of karlmann initially? She really didn't seem to care about him like shakti did.

I think the overall message was simple. These women were placed in incorrect roles or had poor ideas about what a woman should be and became insane over time. There is a clear distinction between good and bad roles for women in this show.
>>
>>13635352
>I just did not interpret these dialogues as sexual.
you are just too dense
>>
>>13635416

In japanese there was nothing inherently sexual. There is no sexual connotation behind jyouka or isshokenmei, especially not the latter. I would have to rewatch it to explain in more detail but it really did not sound sexual to me. I totally understand that the english makes it sound like that.
>>
>>13635517
There clearly is though
>>
File: 219.jpg (178KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
219.jpg
178KB, 1440x1080px
Holy shit, this was brutal.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.