[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get it What was the point?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: Mobile_Suit_Gundam_0083.jpg (48KB, 317x450px) Image search: [Google]
Mobile_Suit_Gundam_0083.jpg
48KB, 317x450px
I don't get it

What was the point?
>>
>>13622219

It lacks a lot of small extras which in it's whole damages it quite a bit.
>>
make new kits to sell
>>
-Show why the Titans were formed

-Show the Federation is just as horrible as Zeon

-More Gundams

But otherwise it was pretty pointless, stupid Zeon only made things worse.
>>
File: MEN OF DESTINY.jpg (34KB, 712x480px) Image search: [Google]
MEN OF DESTINY.jpg
34KB, 712x480px
>>13622219
>What was the point?
MEN OF DESTINY!
>>
Hey man, we had all this budget and we had to put it somewhere
>>
>>13622219
Sets up the who's who of Zeta, and the GPO models are sexy as fuck. Back when I was like 7 years old and didn't know shit about Gundam, that GPO2 model in the toys section of stores really stood out.
>>
>>13622236

None of it necessary, its established in MSG that the Federation are some shady pricks but they're nowhere near as awful as Zeon or at least not willing to go to the same extremes. There was no reason to show why the Titans were formed when its pretty clear cut in Zeta that they were formed directly as a result of the events of MSG, plus 0083 does a pretty shit job at showing much of anything Titans related.
>>
How many years has it been now?

I would have thought we'd get some sort of story regarding the Albion Crew becoming part of the Titans.
>>
>>13622236
>-Show why the Titans were formed

It does kind of a terrible job at this.What Jamitov arrives points a gun that's that "LOOK HE WAS THERE". His entire character story is directed to personal profiles and the zeta novel...
>>
This thread again? Seems like every other week we get a 0083 UNDERSTANDING thread where all the motivations and various weak plot points are explained.
-Why is Kou a weeny?
-How come Nina doesn't see Gato in the hanger?
-Why is Cima a misunderstood character?
-Does Stardust add up to anything?
-Muh ideals vs. GATOOOOOO
-etc.

Give this shit a break and pastebin these conversations...
>>
>>13622271
In all honesty they probably got blown up by Kamille "Violence doesn't Solve Anything Wait up While I Murder Everyone Without Even Trying" Biden
Dood was a bigger Sue then Amuro.
>>
>>13622219
Watch Zeta and find out.
>>
you look at the mobile suits in 0083, then the ones at the beginning of Z Gundam, and it feels like technology regressed quite a bit.

Yeah 0083 was made years later but still.
>>
>>13622331
You mean the Hizacks?

Yeah, that was a producer influenced design choice. They wanted the dumb Jappo kids watching Zeta to know who the villains were at a glance.
>>
>>13622340
No I mean the GM II.

Practically ANYTHING from 0083 is miles better than that.
>>
File: 1448684717858.jpg (518KB, 1200x1643px) Image search: [Google]
1448684717858.jpg
518KB, 1200x1643px
>>13622331
It always came off to me (after watching 0083) that maybe the federation sped up a load of R&D and greatly swelled its ranks to both make up for the losses during Stardust and to ensure something like that couldn't happen again.

thus a shit ton of basic bitch grunt machines get the green light, and stop gap machines using loads of old parts like the Hizack get built

then again I probably am just making excuses for a cartoon
>>
>>13622352

Not necessarily. The C-Type GM can't use beam rifles, for instance, and has no linear seat cockpit; the GM Custom can use beam rifles, but it's more expensive, has no linear cockpit, and is generally not suited for mass production the way the GM II is due to its cost. Hell, the GM II is literally an upgraded original GM, to the point where the Feds converted stock GMs into IIs.

>>13622357

Also this. So much shit got blown up by Stardust that even reusing old Zeon designs and tech as an emergency stopgap makes sense.
>>
>>13622340

The Hizack was introduced in UC 0084 after the Titans were further expanded. They needed a new mobile suit because the GM QUEL was very expensive and difficult to maintain. The Hizack was found to be a very cost efficient and very fun unit to pilot(hence the Hobby Hizack) early Titans cadre were pretty much swallowed by the expansions these new guys were trained with the Hizacks and Galbaldy Beta's at the academy hence the newer generations simply didn't care about the whole mono eye thing.

source zeta define and ecole du ciel
>>
>>13622219
MORE UC GUNPLAS
>>
>>13622352
>>13622369
Where do we see GM IIs in Zeta? I only remember seeing Hizacks, and Marasais, among the other unique TITANS suits like the Gabthley or Gaplant. The only GM type suit I can recall are the Nemos.
>>
>>13622219
to showcase some of the best looking mobile suits ever.
>>
>>13622388
The first few episodes.

The pilots complain the GM IIs are useless.
>>
everything but the ova is good
>>
>>13622375
>in-universe explanation excuses meta shit
fuck off
>>
>>13622683

If it's got your insignia on it and it's a good design, People really don't give a fuck.

Just like how Polands PT-91 is a NOT T72 etc ,
>>
I GOT A BURNING HEART
>>
>>13622236
>-Show the Federation is just as horrible as Zeon

well when the zeeks drop a colony on the earth then you did a pretty piss poor job of it
>>
>>13622219
Floofy blonde hair I guess. That's pretty much all I understood.
>>
>>13622219
Honestly, it's a simple tale of Gato's revenge.

He's fucking nuts.

>how did we lose to these people?

>SOLOMON I HAVE RETURNED.
>>
>>13622862
Anon, your thirst for Nina's hair never stops being amusing for some reason.
>>
>>13622889
I can't forgive her, but I forgive her hair.
>>
File: 1268535910234.jpg (524KB, 2268x3351px) Image search: [Google]
1268535910234.jpg
524KB, 2268x3351px
>>13622340
Hizack obviously shits on anything mass produced in 0083 though. There's been some secondary justifications after the fact but it's clear that it 1) combines Zeon and Federation technology and 2) is more advanced than the contemporary GMs.
>>
File: msk-008.jpg (93KB, 700x503px) Image search: [Google]
msk-008.jpg
93KB, 700x503px
Plus even though the Hizack has the most out of universe symbolism about it, adoption of Zeon technology across all factions is an omnipresent design motif in Zeta. Even the Gundams have exposed power cables and shit.

It's 0083 that confuses things by running with all these bland Alex influenced GMs with useless solid firing weapons when they're better served just fielding captured high performance Zeon designs like the Galbaldy.
>>
>>13622261
>Sets up the who's who of Zeta

Not really.
We get three players featured.

Haman is little more than a glorified talking head at the Axis talks. Distinguished only because they actually show her instead of just being a voice in the shadows.

Bask just plays the role of the standard callous EF shitheel commander with his only display of genuine cold-blooded behavior limited to a single grin during the second Solar System attempt. Otherwise, there's little distinguishing his role in 0083 from someone like, say, Ethan Ryer from 08th MS. About the only distinctly Bask element of his role in 0083 is his appearance.

Meanwhile, Jamitov doesn't even fucking say anything. He points a gun and salutes. That's it. It's not even implied he's the top wheeler and dealer in the conspiracy so much as he's one of Corini's button men.

For how little they actually do with their particular characters, it's more accurate to call the Zeta cast members in 0083 fanservice rather than setting anything up.

If you've seen Zeta (which presumably most Japanese viewers had) their appearance is an "Ooooh shiiiit!" moment. If you haven't, the OVA gives you little to no reason to care about these people or imply they're going to be something bigger. It assumes you already knew that going in.

It's the same problem with watching VOTOMS in chronological order. Events depicted in the prequel installments are presented with the assumption you already saw everything made before, so they have no reason to be coy on certain matters and just say them figuring "You'll know, am I right?"
>>
>>13622315
>Kamille
>Sue

The guy was pretty regularly hit, yelled at, and reprimanded. He watched as lots of people he tried to protect or talk out of fighting were killed in front of him, his efforts to save them ultimately futile. By the end, between being overwhelmed by death and an NT attack from Scirocco, his psyche was essentially broken, with only his childhood friend/semi-love interest being all that broken up by it.

You have a most unusual definition of Sue, my friend.
>>
>>13622219
Show that zeon is nothing but a bunch of terrorists
>>
>>13622219
Answers how the Federation could have been desperate enough to put the Titans in charge. Also, more cool Gundams, including one with a nuke.
>>
>>13622271
Maybe a manga of them going "fuck this shit," and joining another segment of the AEUG at least.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>13622286
I AM NOT A WEENIE!!!
>>
>>13622357
Even before that though, the Feddies don't seem nearly as invested in Mobile Suit production as they were in Zeta. The Naval Review is notably a big ship sausage fest and the new Birmingham class doesn't even have MS hangars.

>>13622897
The powered GM in the first episode being a pretty clear Hizack predecessor was a neat touch, I thought.

>>13622949
I don't think it's that confusing, the Federation pre-Operation Stardust is the victor still basking in the glory of its success. The GM and the Gundam are symbols of that success even though there are elements who would rather abandon mobile suit warfare and go back to big meaty ships again.

Post-Operation Stardust, the Federation has no choice but to accept mobile suits as the premier dogfighting vehicle of its theatre that is here to stay, Anaheim Electronics has demonstrated its raw design tallent, and the GM has symbolically gone from the suit that won the One Year War to the suit that couldn't stop Operation Stardust, thus vicariously lifting the Gundam up to its semi-mythical status by the time we get to Zeta.
>>
>>13622219

Shading
>>
>>13624126
Someone screencap this
>>
>>13624126
>The powered GM in the first episode being a pretty clear Hizack predecessor was a neat touch, I thought.
Really? I never picked up on that. IIRC the Powered GM was an AE development and was supposed to be a testbed for enhanced thrusters. IIRC the Hizack was an EFF creation, not an Anaheim Electronics machine.
>>
>>13624367
Hizack is AE if only just to make the model numbers work. But it would be because AE has the people that made the Zaku to start with and eventually evolved into the Geara Doga, it's just in this case the EFF was more involved with its development than later units like the Marasai.

>>13624126
You can rationalize the GM spam in 0083 like that but it's not like it really improved the MS development timeline by existing.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.