[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did /m/ think of Trailblazer's counterattack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: ayy lmao.jpg (885KB, 4605x6330px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.jpg
885KB, 4605x6330px
What did /m/ think of Trailblazer's counterattack
>>
>>13621606

>Graham dies

;___;
>>
I appreciate that the aliens were actually alien rather than just being blue skinned humanoids but beamspam against CG blobs for 90 minutes doesn't make for a good movie
>>
>>13621606
I always felt that other will discourage Gundam00.

so, i used to cheer for gundam00 when movie came out. Gundam00 had a tough fight did it;s best among animu fans who were critical of it.
>>
Loved it. Fuck the haters especially ANN.
>>
>>13621626
I think 00 is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.
>>
>>13621657
But no one appreciates him.

So i always accompany him for drink in weekends.
>>
>>13621606
Worse than Seed destiny and cross ange combined
>>
I laughed a lot I guess.
>>
>>13621606
My respect for the writers for actually doing something different and not throwing to the trash all the progress humanity made in S2 with another man vs man war. I didn't like it the first time I watched it, though.
>>
I liked it. Wanted to see more Descartes though (maybe a Descartes vs. Setsuna).

Really grateful for the movie designs. The S2 designs sucked (except Gadessa/Garazzo series).
>>
>>13621606
The very last part where Setsuna and Marina meet felt weird, but I think I kind of got the message. Setsuna understood that conflicts can indeed be resolved through dialogue, compromise and a desire to work for a common goal; Marina came to see that sometimes, you have no choice but to destroy wicked and utterly twisted people like Ribbons and Ali in order to save the world and achieve peace.
>>
>>13621606
I liked it.

>>13621609
THIS ISN'T DYING!

THIS IS ENSURING THAT MANKIND WILL SURVIVE!
>>
I like it.

It's not disjointed like EW was or It's plot was shallow like F91's.
>>
>>13621606
I liked it overall. Really my only complaint was the Quant not getting enough screentime, but whatever.
>>
I really enjoyed it, I thought it was the best out of the 00 series.

The fight scene with FINAL MISSION~QUANTUM BURST playing is one of my favorite Gundam moments.
>>
>>13621606
Sloppy storytelling.

>>13621609
And this.
>>
>>13621606
Loved it. Could've used 10-30 more minutes though. I wanted to see more Quan-t and know more about not-nina
>>
File: 00 waifu.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
00 waifu.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>13621606
I liked it. only big complaint is Raphael dies too quick.
>>
>>13621606
It's a decent film that dared to go places Gundam had never explored before.

Babies like certain Internet anime fandom personalities love to complain about it though.
>>
>>13623517
Raphael looked the worst out of the AoTB Gundams, especially when it's pants on head retarded.
>>
ITS shit.
Gendum 00 all seasons a fucking SHIT.
>>
I loved the intro movie in a movie had me laughing, anyone have any gifs or webms? Also Graham was the best part of the movie.
>>
Loved it, but I also loved Unicorn so I'm a alpha-/m/igger-faglord supreme
>>
>>13630604
I loved Unicorn as well anon.
>>
IT'S TIME NOW

SEE ME NOW
>>
>>13621606
I wished there was a legitimate 3 hour and 48 minute long version of the movie-in-a-movie 00 parody that basically was an alternate history compilation of events since 00S1, dramatized for the big screen.
>>
>>13621655
My nigga.
>>
Movie needed more ELS variety.

I wish the ELS 00 Raiser had shown up, as well as the ELS Gadaleza that showed up in the novel version.

There was a split-second ELS Brave that appeared, but that one was shot up by the Feds.
>>
>>13631008
THIS. ALL THIS.

>>13621606
In all honesty, I think it was a decent movie and all, but it didn't feel like it should have been tied with Gundam. The same feel as how FF: The Spirits Within shouldn't have been tied with Final Fantasy.
>>
>>13623749

>dared to go places Gundam had never explored before.
Indeed it did. Ironic that such a--forgive me--trailblazing foray warranted only two hours of content.

And that's the massive, overarching problem that the movie has. The format isn't up to the task. What should have been an epic third act chronicling humanity's unification and evolution into a spacefaring species was condensed into a drawn-out climactic action sequence. The movie attempted to cram an entire season's worth of storytelling into a feature-length action romp, and it totally shows.

The parody intro and the last 5-10 minutes were good in spite of that though.
>>
File: raphael face.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
raphael face.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>13625481
f you buddy. Raphael is a gorgeous gundam
>>
>>13631038
You think they could have done it in a few OVA episodes?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (1MB, 2545x3500px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
1MB, 2545x3500px
>>13625481
>>13631069
00 Qant was the worst looking. Raphael's biggest problem is that Dominions appears in MSV and not the movie.
>>
>>13621606
I don't get what's the point of this movie. The toys are incomplete and story is half-assed.
>>
>>13632373
>Story is half-assed
>when it was planned from even before the TV series started airing

ok doke heres you're you
>>
>>13632384
Why do people who think it's good just because it was foreshadowed or planned in advance?
The execution was terrible, regardless of those factors.
>>
I like the base idea of it, but I feel like it got a too pretentious in it's message and failed to provide closure with most of it's cast outside of Setsuna and Marina.

I have to give it this though, It sure was pretty though, even though the fights were mostly beamspam.
>>
>>13632441
because people keep saying the alien stuff was pulled out of nowhere, when it clearly wasn't
>>
>>13632360
To be fair, Tieria suits are garbage.
>>
>>13621606
The plot was fucking stupid (like more than usual), but it had some good action.
>>
>>13632335

Well assuming we're talking hour-long episodes it certainly would've been a lot better, but why not a full-length season? It would've been consistent with what came before, and there would have been time to really dig into the impact and implications of the Coming Dialogue. Given how overwhelmingly important that final part of the plan obviously was to Schenberg (and intuitively is in general, I think), I would've preferred it that way.
>>
>>13632597

I think the closure is that they all got to fade into obscurity and not be the subjects of a worldwide manhunt anymore.
>>
>>13621606
Was really bummed that Sumeragi never got Billy and wanted a bit more action from 00Q.
I fucking loved it though.
Fuck the haters
>>
>>13633333
Billy still got some action though, just from that redhead instead.
>>
>>13631037

> it didn't feel like it should have been tied with Gundam

The only reason it worked at all was that it was tied in to 00 Gundam. If you cut that tie then you'd have no reason to care about any of the cast or stakes, at least not without some significant re-writing.

>>13633333

That would imply she ever wanted him. That attraction was always purely on Billy's end, because he wanted to white knight her and save her from herself.
>>
>>13631008
>Sausage Mizushima
>Truth Furuya
Every fucking time.
>>
>>13633477
>>13633333
billy dodged a bullet and got a superior grill

id say he did pretty fucking well
>>
>>13634043
He got a girl that was legitimately obsessed with him and his brilliant mind. And she herself was a pretty brilliant scientist/researcher too, on top of looking pretty sexy (in her own way, compared to Sumeragi).

He's a nerd who got a hot nerd girl who lusts after both his brains and bod. Living the dream.

It is too bad that Sumeragi didn't really bother to pass on her own genes, she had the looks and the intelligence (being able to predict the flow of battle requires quite a bit of it), just the self-loathing issues. But she got over that by the movie.
>>
>>13631008
>tfw no gundam show with hotblooded harlock mc
>>
>>13633333
>Was really bummed that Sumeragi never got Billy

She never wanted him and one of my favourite things from the second season is that super awkward photo that she agreed to take with him just to get him off her case.

I miss the thirsty girls of the first season. Did Christina ever get to bang Lasse before she died? God, I hope so.
>>
>>13634358
I hope so, Christina was best girl by far.
>>
File: Meena_c2400000.png (171KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
Meena_c2400000.png
171KB, 500x458px
>>13634358

>one of my favourite things from the second season is that super awkward photo that she agreed to take with him just to get him off her case.
Anon she took that photo because she still cared about him even though she didn't want to be together with him, and wanted to give him something to remember her by.

Or were you not referring to the photo from the last episode?

Anyway, speaking of thirsty girls, he did get Mina Carmine in the end, so that all worked out.

>>13634319

>Sumeragi didn't really bother to pass on her own genes
Well I don't know about that. She had the Innovator exploration ship named after her, at least.
>>
File: jm.jpg (15KB, 336x369px) Image search: [Google]
jm.jpg
15KB, 336x369px
>>
>>13621606
I thought it was pretty good. I don't ask for much out of the story of an action movie and I like to see Gundam not just rehashing old elements.
>>
>>13634358
>Lasse
You sure that's the guy you want?
>>
>>13631008
Everything about this poster is hilarious
Also they totally should make a kit out of this version of 00
>>
>>13634329
>hotblooded
>harlock
These basically contradict each other
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.