[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dai-Guard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 6e1a6cc3.jpg (146KB, 804x1000px) Image search: [Google]
6e1a6cc3.jpg
146KB, 804x1000px
I'm new to this board and I am looking for a comedy (not the unintentional kind) mecha series.

Is Dai-Guard worth watching?
The OP is cool enough to make me interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mSdp6PCWj4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQEc9hjC6ys
Does this even classifies as comedy though?
>>
>>13616337
Dai Guard is very good. Watch it.
>>
It's overall very light hearted almost every character turns out to be a cool dude
>>
>>13616337
It is a good show.
Comedy might not be the right word though, even if it is pretty lighthearted.
>>
>>13616346
>>13616354
>>13616355
Ok, thanks, I'm downloading it right now.

This also caught my attention because I like the Dai-Guard design, but that's probably just me.
>>
>>13616380
Nah man, Dai-Guard's exaggerated proportions are awesome. Enjoy the show!
>>
I haven't seen a single person dislike Dai Guard on this board. It's a great show with lots of funny moments
>>
>>13616337
>Is Dai-Guard worth watching?
Very. It's ridiculously good and well put together.
>>
Definitely, it's exactly what you're looking for.

Also watch Patlabor.
>>
Yes. Yes you should. It's a truly wonderful show.
>>
>>13616337
Dai-Guard is a great show, one of my few 10/10s.

If you're in the mood for comedy, Xabungle is also worth your time if you can do old animation.
>>
>>13616337
It got picked up by Discotek recently, so if you end up liking it, you can own it if you live in the US.
>>
Dai Guard is really unique show. It's almost a deconstruction, and I hate using that word because it often implies a lot of cynicism but Dai Guard couldn't be more optimistic if it ran on rainbows and unicorn farts.

The drama is real, the danger is all real and it's all treated seriously and there's no real winking to the camera or anything like that.

It's just, well, everyone for the most part are just really good people. The heroes just want to help out and make a difference and a lot of the show is them trying to do just that. To get around all the bustle and red tape and find the best way to do the right thing.

Even when they clash with the military guy Shirtoa (AKA the best character) it's not because he's a dick, or because of a clash of ideology, it's just them trying the find the best answer, which more often than not was found in the middle ground. In compromise between Akagi's wide eyed if naive optimism and Shirota's own tactical and analytical nature.

Plus the very nature of the "monsters" is rather unique in and of itself. They're not an alien force bent on conquest, or a rival army. They're natural disasters. And the only way to combat natural disasters is to stop fighting, stop placing blame, stop worrying about pennies and join hands to help.

Dai Guard is a show that will make you feel good about humanity and I really wish everyone in the world could see it.
>>
>>13616337
>comedy

Listen if you do not watch this shit we will have a problem!
https://youtu.be/koesW3xMKtY
>>
megas xlrは知っているラストで青い妖精に怒られる話だ、主人公はちゃんと友達に謝っている日本製と一緒にしてはいけない、作り方は間違っているが
>>
Dai-Guard is a ton of fun. It's one of the most wholly unironically positive shows I've ever watched, /m/ or otherwise. You'd think that would mean it's cheesy or immature, but really it's just unyieldingly optimistic in a really admirable way. You want to point at it and laugh, but you can't because of how earnest it is.

Overall it's the kind of anime that will show up on a lot of /m/'s 10/10 lists, but nowhere else. Don't think I've ever even seen Dai-Guard mentioned outside of here.
>>
VS Knight Lamune & 40 Fire is pretty fun
King Gainer is also a good one
>>
In terms of comedy there's
Akane
Maniax though you have to watch Kimi Nozo for the full picture and that shit is far from a comedy
Doamaiger D which is being slowly translated by funi
Dominion tank police
Patlabor minus the movies
FMP
Dual Parallel! Trouble Adventures which is like EVA but less depressing
Daimidaler
RGZ
>>
J-Decker, although it's less Dai-Guard and more Patlabor.
>>
Damn good anime and you should watch, it's Megas XLR's twin.
One does not care about rampant destruction, the other focuses on how funny it is to include colateral dammage into the Dai-Guards Maintance budget xD
>>
>>13621608
>xD
>>>/gaia/

>>13616337
I'm watching L-Gaim right now and finding it to be hilarious in all the right ways. The main characters feel like they wouldn't be out of place in Seinfeld.

On the other hand,
>Tomino
I'm sure it'll get darker at some point,
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.