[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gunudamu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

I'll probably get shit / banned for this, but I just finished 00, my first gundam show. And I just love it. I want to get more into the gundam world.

What are the absolute best ones to watch after 00? Should I start with the 1 series per timeline spinoffs or should I watch the UC stuff?

Also how good is the movie trilogy covering the first Gundam anime?
>>
>>13614045
>thinking you'll get banned for having a non-shitposting opinion
Look, the mods are selectively tyrannical incompetents, but they won't go that far. ... I think.

Anyway, I loved 00 as well until the second half kind of shat on everything that came before.

>What are the absolute best ones to watch after 00?
That's really for you to decide, and depends what you're in the mood for.
>>
Of course you'll get shit for it, where do you think you are? Anyway, 00 was amazing. At least the first season imo, I really disliked the second one personally.

If you're more into the crazy shit, you'd probaby enjoy the spin offs more. Definitely check out Turn-A though, it's the most unique of the bunch.
>>
>>13614045
The movie trilogy is pretty good, although it has a terrible dub full of fake british accents and ROBOTON INVADERS, go with subtitles if you're going to watch the films. Alternately, the series dub is excellent, and the series is fleshed out in more detail than the films. In either form, though, Mobile Suit Gundam is pretty different from 00. I loved both, but I have to say that Mobile Suit Gundam holds a higher rank with me even though I did see 00 before it (I actually started with 0080: War In The Pocket, then 00, then G, then MSG, then everything else [EVERYTHING]).

In terms of tone, the closest thing you'll find to 00 will be Wing, though I didn't like it nearly as much myself. As far as what you should watch in what order, all that really matters is that early UC, being MSG->Zeta->ZZ->Char's Counter Attack->Unicorn go in that order, SEED comes before Destiny, and Wing comes before Endless Waltz. Other UC stories like 0080, 08th MS Team, 0083, Igloo, etc, late UC which is F91 and Victory (and maybe G-Saviour) and alternate eras (they're not actually separate universes according to ∀ Gundam) like After War Gundam X, SEED/Destiny, AGE, G Gundam, and Gundam Wing can be watched in any order because the only stories with recurring characters are MSG->Zeta->ZZ->CCA->Unicorn.
>>
I'm assuming you watched the movie.

Anyway, you sound like you're ready to commit to gundam.
So if old animation doesn't bother you go watch the original series. If it does watch the original trilogy of movies.Then go play in the UC timeline.
If you only want to ease your way into classic UC gundam try 0080 or 08th MS. Both are pretty short OVAs and you don't really need extra knowledge to enjoy either.

If you want something fun that isn't really standard gundam, go watch G. It's a blast.
>>
>>13614089
Listen to this anon, op.

I'd just like to add that the alternate universes before turn A include the series that aired before it. G Gundam, Wing, X. No need to watch anything after to get the most out of Turn A Gundam.

He also didn't mention the currently airing IBO, G-Reco (which i haven't seen yet, but /m/ seems to hate), and the upcoming UC side story Gundam Thunderbolt that's coming for christmas.
Oh, and then there's SD, but that's mostly spin off comedy.
>>
>>13614132
>/m/ seems to hate
/m/ hates everything. You could post a picture of a pneumatic piston with no text, and you'd get at least a hundred posts bitching at length about how it's the worst shit they ever saw.
>>
>>13614091
I don't know if I'll be comfortable enough with that animation.

I've watched Gunbuster though and had no problem, I actually liked it. Is it similar to that?

Also how do you guys feel about me watching the Origin OVAs instead of the series?
>>
>>13614045
>I'll probably get shit / banned for this
/m/ doesn't have mods

>What are the absolute best ones to watch after 00? Should I start with the 1 series per timeline spinoffs or should I watch the UC stuff?
I'd recommend just watching one more AU before plunging into UC. Like another Anon said, Wing is the closest to 00 you'll get from the AU (alt timelien spin-offs) Gundams. If you're looking for something completely different, from 00, other AUs and UC, try Mobile Fighter G-Gundam. It's sort of a cult classic, and a really fun show. After you've got one more AU under your belt, go into UC. I'd recommend production order, meaning 0079 - Zeta - ZZ - CCA - 0080 - 0083 - F91 - Victory - Unicorn.
After that, go in whatever order you want.

>Also how good is the movie trilogy covering the first Gundam anime?
It's fine. I definitely wouldn't recommend it over the series though. The series is fantastic, and the films just don't do it complete justice. You just sit through three 2 hours films, then it's done. Sitting through forty-three 24 minute episodes is a much better experience and journey. Plus, you miss out on 9 hours worth of content if you just watch the films.

That being said, you should definitely watch them after you've seen the series. The third film in particular has some nice soundtrack changes, and is worth a watch.

>>13614091
>if old animation doesn't bother you go watch the original series. If it does watch the original trilogy of movies
I fucking hate this meme. There is almost no difference between the animation in the series and the films. It is exactly the same. There are only a few redrawn or newly drawn scenes scattered throughout, and you genuinely won't notice it if you haven't been told of it beforehand, and even if you do notice it, there is still barely a difference. It's not as if the difference between footage is ANT tier. The films were only made 2 - 3 years after the show had aired, the animation is still going to be "old".
>>
>>13614160
Actually origin is a prequel.
Just watch the 3 movies, they're good.
>>13614163
It's not about the age, it's about all that fucking QUALITY
>>
>>13614160
>comfortable enough with that animation
The animation is fine; if you don't obsess over it you won't notice it.

>The Origin OVAs instead of the series
So far The Origin hasn't covered and won't cover anything that was in 0079 at all, so you can't really watch it "instead of" the series. You can watch it in addition to it, sure, since it gives some (arguably unneeded) backstory to certain characters. The manga covers the series though, you could read that.
>>
File: Gundam watchlist.jpg (2MB, 2800x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam watchlist.jpg
2MB, 2800x3000px
This'll help a little.
Latest version has Thunderbolt added.
>>
>>13614178
>QUALITY
>Not liking QUALITY moments in the original Genduum
Surely you can't be serious.
>>
>>13614178
>all that fucking QUALITY
The "QUALITY" isn't nearly as prominent as fucking faggots like you say it is, and the films don't remove all the "QUALITY" at all. Try watching the series instead of basing your fucking stupid opinions off of the same few screencaps of inbetweens from the TV version that gets thrown around. If you've watched more than a handful of anime, "QUALITY", no matter how much there is, shouldn't bother you in the slightest.
>>
>>13614045
Watched the 00 movie yet? If not you may as well finish off 00 with that. It's very unusual for a Gundam production, and for the better.

>Should I start with the 1 series per timeline spinoffs or should I watch the UC stuff?
whynotboth.svg
Thought my recommendation would be the first Gundam. If you're bad enuff.

>Also how good is the movie trilogy covering the first Gundam anime?
Poor. The movies are a good supplement, an extra, a bonus. They can not replace 39 episodes. If you choose to watch first Gundam you should watch it all. All or nothing, don't half-arse this.
>>
>>13614045
I don't know about anyone else but 00 was the one that finally made me start UC (because I really like its concepts and wanted to see where it all began).

So I watched 0079 (the movies) and the rest is history. I still remember 00 fondly though and it still holds up very well, at least to me.
>>
I'll never get what people mean when they shit on season 2.
>>
>>13614647
>39 episodes.
And they sure can't replace 43 episodes either. Where did I get 39 from? Gundam X?
>>
>>13614045
Production order.

Skip what you don't like, watch what you do.
>>
File: 1448864703643.webm (3MB, 552x310px) Image search: [Google]
1448864703643.webm
3MB, 552x310px
00 was my first Gundam too
>>
>>13614045
>What are the absolute best ones to watch after 00?
WING
>>
the first season of 00 was amazing, shame about the second season though. I think they wanted jesus heroics back.
>>
>>13614198
It is but I think it's a good tradeoff because it allowed the fights to flow extremely well giving us some of the best battles in the franchise. Anyway most of the QUALITY appears for like a split second so despite there being a lot of it you really don't see it for long periods of time.
>>
File: 1423508918722.jpg (2MB, 3718x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1423508918722.jpg
2MB, 3718x5000px
>>13614710
When I watched it the first time, I would have agreed with you. Looking back, I can understand why a lot of people were disappointed in it. They took what was a truly unique setting in the Gundamverse, and turned it into a Zeta Rehash, and Lockon 2 was a cheap out- even if the twin was alluded to before.

What I will never understand is why the movie gets so much flack. The whole series is basically foreshadowing aliens coming and the eventual need for a united mankind to confront them, on good terms or bad. That was Celestial Beings whole purpose, to act as a stand-in for those beings and force the world to unite.

But people complain "asspull alienz out of nowere, not muh Gundumb"
>>
File: 1449945433256.jpg (39KB, 551x310px) Image search: [Google]
1449945433256.jpg
39KB, 551x310px
>>13617357
>that look of pure bliss as he's about to enter a Gundam
Best MC
>>
>>13621532
Because it's a bad movie that just alternates between exposition and beam spam.
>>
>>13621576
Still manages to be more coherent than CCA
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.