[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kiryu v. EVA 01

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: `kiryu eva01.png (498KB, 625x398px) Image search: [Google]
`kiryu eva01.png
498KB, 625x398px
Who would win in a fight:

Kiryu or EVA 01 (no rebuild)
>>
File: STILLTHEBEST1973.png (11KB, 510x436px) Image search: [Google]
STILLTHEBEST1973.png
11KB, 510x436px
This guy.
>>
Eva. Kiryu is powerful, but not powerful enough to brute force past an AT field. Not to mention how much faster and more agile the Eva is
>>
>>13611053
Wait, do EVA's have AT fields or can they just reverse them. It's been a while since I've watched NGE. But I guess you have a point.
>>
File: 1754514-unit_02_at_field.jpg (66KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
1754514-unit_02_at_field.jpg
66KB, 704x480px
>>13611070
They have them, that's what lets them reverse them. Like, AT fields cancel each other out or something
>>
One thing I never got was how big the EVA units were. I guess it's just animation error, but they always seem to change size, even within the same episode ("Asuka Strikes" probably the most famous example, being small enough to lie down on a ship while just a few moments later their feet are almost as big as said ships)
>>
>>13611196
Gainax didn't have an official size for the Evas when they made NGE, so they just drew them whatever size they thought looked cool in the currently shot.
>>
>>13611053
Absolute Zero Cannon might.
>>
>>13611267
It took so many tries for Absolute Zero to work though didn't it? And even then, it never even killed Godzilla.
>>
>>13611276
>And even then, it never even killed Godzilla.
It never HIT Godzilla. There's a chance it may have killed if it hit, but we'll never know. That said it's an extremely damaging attack, but I don't think there's actually much power behind it, so I have my doubts regarding it breaking an AT field.
>>
>>13611298
Nothing other than something that can reverse an AT field can get through an AT field. And even if it did, Evas are too quick to be hit by it.

Unless of course Shinji has another freak out.

Then again: Berserk Mode
>>
>>13611053

what if goji's ghost wakes up again inside Kiryu?
>>
>>13611327
>Nothing other than something that can reverse an AT field can get through an AT field.

AT Fields can be brute forced, it's just really hard
>>
What's with all the /v/-tier newfags lately
>>
The only edge Kiryu has is the range. Yes, Evas used guns, but lets be real: with the exception of the positron rifle (which takes a large chunk of Japan's electricity and takes a hell of a long time to fire, and Shinji still has to hit) the guns didn't kill any Angels. Either drect combat with the progressive knife, direct body hits, or the Lance of Longinus (though for this matchup I wouldn't equip Shinji with) are the only ways I recall any of the Evas winning (again, with exception to positron rifle).

Kiryu on the other hand, has missiles, maser cannons, a knife of its own attached to the wrist, and a jetpack. Plus, Evas have only 5 minutes unattatched to the umbilical cord, if the fight goes beyond Tokyo-3
>>
>>13611031
Doesn't matter who wins in the end. The fight better be awesome.
>>
>>13611031
Is this the new Valvrave "who would win" meme?
>>
>>13611374
because /v/ is pretty much sjw land these days
>>
>>13611374
Giant robots and videogames are very, very closely connected. You'll find more people on /m/ into videogames than those who aren't, unfortunately.
>>
File: 1436501994654.jpg (122KB, 700x1043px) Image search: [Google]
1436501994654.jpg
122KB, 700x1043px
I don't understand why people like to put Evas through these types of battles

Their power levels are ridiculously inconsistent. Specifically, the AT Field... depending on how well it functions, they're either on the high end of a super robot or jsut a very large, lanky, idiot.

It's like going "Who would win in a fight, ____ or a heavily sedated Bruce Banner?" Banner will win if he Hulks out, but will he Hulk out? Who knows! That's why it's a boring question. The Eva will win if it's AT Field is powerful enough. Will it be powerful enough? ONLY ANNO KNOWS
>>
>>13613356
Because evas produce huge amounts of shitposting for exactly the reason you listed.
>>
>>13611031
Probably the Eva.
>>
>>13611031

Kiryu would win. Using Rebuild dimensions, Unit-01 is 70m tall, or 80m if you're counting the shoulder pauldrons. Kiryu on the other hand is 60m, a full 10m (or 20m) shorter than Unit-01. It is also far less agile than Unit-01, despite having limited flight capabilities where Unit-01 does not. However, what Kiryu lacks in height and maneuverability, it more than makes up for in volume of fire, carrying with it an arsenal roughly equal to everything that Nerv threw at Ramiel in Operation Yashima, and more. It also has stronger armor plating than Unit-01, having been designed to fight off Godzilla and survive his atomic breath attacks. Unit-01 may have the AT Field, but the Eva itself is far less protected without that. Additionally, without exterior support, Kiryu has a far greater operational time- 2hours versus 5minutes. On top of which, Kiryu is piloted by a team of Japan's best and brightest, whereas Unit-01 is piloted by a kid with no formal training whatsoever.

Barring the introduction of the berserk mode, the only way Unit-01 is able to win is if its Progressive Knife is able to cut through Kiryu's armor plating. If it isn't, Kiryu is able to easily out-gun and out-last Unit-01. And if berserk mode is introduced, it's only fair that Kiryu get access to its own berserk mode as well. And even then, I'd put money on Kiryu. Yui unchained may be incredibly powerful, but is she enough to beat the mechanical reincarnation of a beast that could toss Zeruel around like a ragdoll?
>>
>>13613356
Really excellent point.
>>
>>13611327
>Nothing other than something that can reverse an AT field can get through an AT field.

That's proven wrong in the very first episode, when an N2 bomb damages Sachiel.
>>
>>13611031
Depends on if the pilots know about how to use their AT fields effectively. Without it, the Evas have to rely solely on their agility.
>>
>>13614609
I'm not sure that's too big of a factor, really. It's been along time, but I don't seem to remember the pilots ever having trouble using their AT fields when they wanted to.
>>
>>13616683
Asuka projecting her AT Field as a weapon was something specific to her ability as a pilot, but other than that you don't need to "control" an AT Field. It just is.
>>
>>13616759
>>13616683
I only remember Eva AT fields coming up in the last few episodes of the series, particularly with Asuka. I could be wrong, though; its been a year or two since I last watched Evangelion.
>>
File: Sachiel_second_face_(NGE).png (380KB, 628x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sachiel_second_face_(NGE).png
380KB, 628x480px
>>13614508
Didn't they try dropping a dozen bombs on one Angel later in the series and it just shrugged them all off? Sachiel was the first angel to show up in Tokyo 3 as far as I know, so its possible that it simply wasn't "prepared" for an attack of that magnitude and had its guard down.
>>
>>13611415
The Pallet Rifle killed Matarael, but Matarael is a fucking pansy.

>>13614476
>the only way Unit-01 is able to win is if its Progressive Knife is able to cut through Kiryu's armor plating.

Considering what a Prog Knife is, that's probably a "yes".

>>13619080
Isafel was also damaged by an N2 mine, and their plan on Leliel was to throw all the N2 mines in Japan at it (which presumably would have worked, but at the same time have the bad side effect of killing Shinji)

Zereul shrugged off N2 mines, yes, but it did that WITHOUT ITS AT FIELD. It's just ridiculously durable like that.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.