[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/m/+horror anime/manga/games thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

File: betterman.jpg (725KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
betterman.jpg
725KB, 1600x1200px
/m/+horror anime/manga/games thread?
>>
File: akashi.jpg (436KB, 1314x968px) Image search: [Google]
akashi.jpg
436KB, 1314x968px
>>13606967

I wish this was a more common genre mix
>>
File: karas.jpg (184KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
karas.jpg
184KB, 1600x900px
>>13606967
It's not straight up horror but Karas is pretty neat in that it involves yokai from the old folktales. The atmosphere is also pretty dark at times.
>>13606970
This.
>>
I was planning on a spoopy mecha thread next October.

Oh well, so much for that.

Post spoopy shows.
>>
File: dst.jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dst.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
>>
>>13607003

First game has best atmosphere while second game has best gameplay.
>>
>>13607003

I'm planning to get these and its DLCs/spin-offs from PSN. In what order should I play them?
>>
>>13607018

Production order. When watching/reading/playing stuff that's part of a series/franchise, always in production order:

1 > Extraction > Ignition > 2 > Severed > 3 > Awakened

If you have an iOS or Android device, you could play the mobile Dead Space game, before, after, or concurrently with DS2 as it was released the same time as the latter.
>>
>>13606967
/m/+horror is kinda hard to pull of isnt it? because /m/ stuff is usually about fighting and in horror theres usually a theme of weakness or of the unknown. some anime with robots and monsters might be neat tho.
>>
>>13607107
It worked in Betterman because the main characters were always vulnerable. Fighting's left to some otherworldly power that's just as fucked.

Dose spaghetti worms, man.
>>
>>13607107
Psychological horror and the descent into madness as humans are revealed to be the true monsters, though.

This isn't like the rules of Cosmic Horror wherein there shouldn't be any fighting back or empowering the puny insignificant human protagonist, y'know.
>>
>>13606967
The first three episodes of Genocyber were straight up horror. Especially when this nigga appears.
>>
>>13607107
I liked what Eva did by making the weapons the main characters use to fight the monster be just as horrific if not more so than the actual monsters.
>>
File: grs.jpg (80KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
grs.jpg
80KB, 600x450px
Most Lovecraftian mecha manga for me, so far.
>>
>>13607271

yeah cuz I can fucking read that
>>
>>13607271

What about Ishikawa's other saga, the one with Jaki Oh?
>>
>>13607063

Thanks.
>>
>>13607272
It's Getter Robo Saga
>>
Does Akira count?
It's pretty spoopy in parts.
>>
>nobody mentions Fafner

Such shit taste
>>
>>13608991
Not horror. Why would you even think it was?
>>
>>13613165
>implying ARE YOU THERE isn't spoop
>>
>>13607133
What's the best release of Betterman?
>>
>>13613249
Walker is pretty spoopy.
>>
In regards to shmups, you can't beat R-Type and Metal Black.

>>13607107
While it's live-action (thus not really fitting the OP criteria), Flashman kind of has this at times.
>frightening creatures (even the grunts are scary)
>tremendously powerful nemeses that barely get fought back
>immoral freak experiments
Then there's GoGo V having the heroes dealing with perilous rescue operations on top of the local demon threat.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.