[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Next AC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 48

File: 1429596605439.jpg (3MB, 2046x1496px) Image search: [Google]
1429596605439.jpg
3MB, 2046x1496px
What do you want in the next AC?

For me it would be:
3D multi-directional space combat.
First person cockpit view.
More realistic/real world militaristic aesthetic of the AC 5/VD mechs.
Full series reboot.
>>
So basically not an Armored Core game in any sense. Why even tie it to the franchise in the case?

I'd just like to see a game in the vein of 4 (not For Answer) with many of the absent systems of 2 and 3 re-introduced to be honest.
>>
>>13594640
This faggot wants Chromehounds and Steel Battalion, not Armored Core.
>>
File: AC type IBIS.jpg (101KB, 747x1129px) Image search: [Google]
AC type IBIS.jpg
101KB, 747x1129px
>>13594640
what's wrong with 4 and 4A's aesthetics? i thought those were real enough.
I'm with you on multi dimensional space, or space combat though,that could be interesting
and fps should be an option not a forced feature
>>
>>13594839
Because nobody else is going to fucking do it, I guess. Not that From would anymore either it seems like.
>>
>>13594640

Anything but space combat. Focus on fast paced ground based combat. I don't want another space game.
>>
>>13594640
So you want to ruin it basically.

The best AC era was 3-LR. If they're going to redo anything they should simply bring it back to the roots with more content and a more cohesive story.
>>
>>13594944
Best AC era was 1 to 2AA with the exception of Project Phantasma.

3 was passable.
Silent Line to Last Raven was a low point for the series.
4 was great.
For Answer was wacky but not bad.
5/VD was shit.
>>
>>13594886
The mech designs in 4/4A were nice, but had sort of a 'magical technology' or an anime-esque feel. I liked the designs, but if I had to pick between the two games, im always going to want a more grounded mechanical aesthetic.
>>
>>13594982
Then maybe AC isn't for you.
>>
>>13594982
well "magical technology" is always gonna be apart of the mecha genre AC is no exception,it just serves as a way to make it all plausible in the first place. Just because a mech is slower or resembles a tank it doesn't make it any more realistic.
>>
File: 1420808923432.jpg (33KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
1420808923432.jpg
33KB, 704x480px
OP here, this isn't going to be anot her AC elitism thread, is it?? Who fucking cares what you guys think the "best" entry in the series is or how "shit" other people's favorites are, no one is going to agree on a best or worst so just shut the fuck up with the constant piss ing contest. You've been a fan of AC since the PS1, I get it, you guys can stop sucking your own dicks now.

Back on topic, there has never been a mech game with immense and grueling customization depth with an optional first person cockpit mode that also features space combat. You guys are acting like that's been done a million times. Tf?
>>
>>13594991
>just because it doesn't use magic bullshit doesn't mean it's any less realistic

Uuh, yes it does? I don't understand why you would try and turn this into a 'giant bipedal robots are unrealistic' argument, that's redundant. Once you accept that giant bipedal robots are unrealistic, there are two kinds of robots you can have. Real and super. I like real robot, leaning as far to the military, slow, heavy, tank like qualities as possible.
>>
>>13595028
All AC is as real robot as it gets though. Fuel, cooling, ammunition, ecm, eccm, targeting systems, fixed capabilties, modular design and repairs exist for all of them. They're treated as war machines.
>>
File: nineballhostilities.jpg (28KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
nineballhostilities.jpg
28KB, 500x349px
>>13594640
I would prefer soemthing closer to V and VD but with more emphasis on parts and manufacturers, I miss the old days that you could tell the manufacturer of a part juts by looking at it.

heavy emphasis on customization and parts, gameplay should keep stuff from V and VD like wall jumping and the boost kick, also liked both Scan Mode and Combat Mode being separate, they should also make the game a bit faster but not retardely fast like 4 and 4A.
>>
>>13595044
>minovsky particles in 4/4A.
>>
>>13595074
Kojima particles were little more than radiation ultimately. Anyway your point being?
>>
>>13595071
I like everything you just said, but wanted to add to it.

Scan modes needs to not have that shit projectile shit inducing seafoam green overlay.

That nearly killed V/VD for me. Seriously.
>>
>>13595079
How did they harness it? Why does it manifest itself physically?

I'd much rather just have analogue technology. No super technology, but that's really just my opinion and that's all it will ever be. 4/4A is on the super side of real robot.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>13595096
Almost all applications of Kojima technology were just radiation which is well within the bounds of current reality just at lower outputs.

The only slightly fantastical element is primal armor but energy shielding in science fiction is extremely common even in hard sci-fi.

You want to talk about super robot, how about 5/VD having fucking robot snakes and a robot dragon and pic related. You're just confusing chunky/clunky with realistic. 5/VD are way more "super robot" if you want to go down this road.
>>
>>13595109
Clunky is still more realistic. Just try and remember the CG opening of 5. That is the single closest thing to my prefered mech aesthetic and feel that I've ever seen. Too bad the game itself is nothing like it. I mean obviously all the CG openings for the AC games are nothing like the actual games, but still 5s opening cinematic is really what im getting at. We need more games that are like that.
>>
>>13595144
>Clunky is still more realistic.
In the minds of the ignorant, sure.
>>
>>13595144
So basically what you're saying is the equivalent to people who prefer The dark knight and man of steel movies over Marvel's because they LOOK more realistic
>>
>>13595151
What do you even mean by that? Lol are you actually upset by something??

Of course it is more realistic. Assuming any military had plans to develop and use military mechs, what is more likely to roll out TOMORROW?? This https://youtu.be/c6QU2i6-BQc

Or this https://youtu.be/ppz738lK8Pw
Yeah, so fuck off.
>>
>>13595183
Yeah, sure.
>>
>>13595187
Arguing what's realistic and whats more futuristic are very different things. A rocket engine that could reach Mars in 10 days is more futuristic than a rocket engine that could reach Mars in 50 days. But they're equally realistic.
>>
>>13595187
fA because the military isn't going to deploy a random pile of garbage welded together.
>>
>>13595403
>implying they don't already

thankyou for revealing your butthurt. I am now aware of your hurt feelings.

HAHAHA
>>
>>13594954
>Last Raven
>low point
>>
File: download.png (273KB, 644x268px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
273KB, 644x268px
>>13594640

5-7m Mini Mecha

Land, Sea, Air, Orbit, Space, and Artificial Structure (i.e. Space Elevator, Island 3 like colonies) combat

Mega Beam weapons, rail guns and
>>
>>13594640

PC port, with KB+Mouse control.
>>
>>13595835
So you just want Gundam. Fuck off.
>>
>>13595835
you should check out Heavy Gear 2
>>
>>13594923
It makes me sad that From just makes Souls these days. I like them enough but I wish they'd remember us AC fans too.
>>
>>13595835
OP, here.

I like this.
>>
Slow gameplay
Roll-based combat
Only six or so weapons that all feel the same
Fantasy setting would be cool too
>>
Gameplay somewhere between 3 and 5, meaning free movement and quickboosting by wallkicks.
More varied environments than desert ruins, facilities and sunken cities.
>>
Stand the fuck back you filthy newfag plebs.

>BRING BACK KAWAMORI FOR THE DESIGNS
>Core gameplay is back to gen 3, no overboosting out of your ass, actual EN management with heat levels being relevant again
>Quickboosting and wallkicks can stay
>NO-FUCKING-SPACE-STAGES, go play gundam games if you want those
>Customizability and paint/emblems at ACVD levels
>No coop garbage, single player only like LR
>Back to the AC3 damage and armor formulas instead of rock paper scissor garbage
>More monoeyes
>huge story mode
>>
>>13594640
QUICKBOOSTING
QB CHAINING
OVER BOOSTING
>>
>>13594640
Configuration for a steering wheel. Because i think it might work for turning.
>>
>>13594954
The shit taste radiates from this post
>AC3/SL and LR
>bad

Wowee boyo, here's your (you)
>>
>>13598128
>>NO-FUCKING-SPACE-STAGES, go play gundam games if you want those
I think the only Gundam game released since the PS2 days with actual space stages is the one From made.
>>
>>13596966

Bad dorky impersonator. Bad!

Back to your corner
>>
>>13598774
And Side Stories for PS3 and the Artdink games and that recent SEED game for Vita.
>>
>>13598128
Fuck you nigger.

Your shits good but can be better

>add more physical melee options
>make countermeasures matter. Hell,add chaff and flares back
Here comes the one that will trigger filthy autists
>remove missile spam. Make missiles something worth taking the risk bringing
>>
>>13598128
>>BRING BACK KAWAMORI FOR THE DESIGNS
Fuck off you stupid cunt. That hack hasn't designed a single halfway decent mech since 2008
>>
>>13598779
Unless somebody else is impresonating him, it wasn't me.
>>
>>13598917
there's been a few these days
>>
>>13594640
A frame rate that doesn't drop every 5 seconds.

And robots.
>>
>>13598993
You're still here? I thought you'd been fully replaced.
>>
>>13594954
here's your reply
>>
File: big_1411088136_1389749388_image.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
big_1411088136_1389749388_image.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
>>13599089
I'm starting to get a bit more time again
>>
I've only played two AC games, ACVD and Last Raven. I thought VD was fun but LR was absolute shit. Is AC not the right series for me?
>>
>>13599139
Try describing your grievances with Last Raven anon.
>>
File: 1361680257464.jpg (191KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1361680257464.jpg
191KB, 800x600px
I feel like newer AC games have put too much focus on open combat. Sure, wide expanses and ruins are fun to fight in, but do it too much and it gets monotonous. They need to focus on corridor/base slogs too. The older AC games had a pretty even mix, so why won't they do that now?
>>
>>13599302
It's mainly just the gameplay.
>slow as fuck
>awful, unwieldy controls
>>
>>13599333
Did you just completely miss the existence of ACV somehow
>>
>>13599355
git gud shitler
>>
>>13599418
ACV was terrible. Verdict Day wasn't much better.
>>
I want another AC game period but I know that's never going to happen because From is nothing more than a Dark Souls factory now.
>>
>>13599440
You missed the memo. From is closing the doors on the Souls series after DS3 to focus on other projects.
>>
>>13599432
>slow games
>hard
>>
>>13599495
>robotech tripfag
Time to filter.
>>
File: AC3-12.jpg (133KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
AC3-12.jpg
133KB, 1024x768px
>>13599433
That may be so, but out of all its problems, wide open maps weren't one of them. Makes the claim that " newer AC games have put too much focus on open combat" a bit unfair.

I feel kind of the same way you do though, I feel that the PS2 games had a much more strategic feel regarding both building and combat compared to the AC4 games, and for whatever reason I just couldn't figure out at all how to not suck at ACV, I think it may have something to do with damage type weaknesses being WAY overdone. I mean in the Raven games if you had mostly shell def against an energy based opponent, you'd be at at disadvantage but it's not unwinnable like ACV.

Honestly, I just want AC3 and SL in HD.
>>
File: wp9_1280.jpg (277KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wp9_1280.jpg
277KB, 1280x1024px
>>13599355
>>slow as fuck
You're doing it wrong.
That said, everyone does at first. This is a FROM game, you gotta crawl before you run, but you'll learn. LR isn't the best game to learn with though, it ramped up the difficulty a fair bit compared to older games.

>>awful, unwieldy controls
that are completely remappable, so there's no real problem there.
>>
>>13599545
>You're doing it wrong.
>That said, everyone does at first. This is a FROM game, you gotta crawl before you run, but you'll learn. LR isn't the best game to learn with though, it ramped up the difficulty a fair bit compared to older games.
Explain it then, you pretentious cunt. Goddamn, this is why everyone hates Soulsfags.
>that are completely remappable, so there's no real problem there.
The sticks aren't.
>>
File: 1291832488735.jpg (44KB, 578x478px) Image search: [Google]
1291832488735.jpg
44KB, 578x478px
>>13599580
>sticks
You shouldn't really need them.
>calling him a soulsfag when he didn't even mention the souls series
If you're just gonna toss out insults for no reason, then there's no point in explaining it to you. You're gonna go out of your way to find some problem for the sake of arguing instead of improving yourself, so why waste the effort?
>>
>>13599607
Not him, but not mapping movement and camera controls to the sticks is blatantly retarded.
>>
>>13599580
>Explain it then, you pretentious cunt. Goddamn, this is why everyone hates Soulsfags.
It takes practice, is all I'm saying. Nobody starts the game knowing how to control it right off, but with practice it'll become second nature.
But you sound like the kind of guy who needs their games spoon fed, might I recommend TitanFall instead?
>>
>>13599657
LR has dual analog controls though.
>>
File: download (1).png (264KB, 424x406px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
264KB, 424x406px
>>13596248

No, I want AC LIKE what Gundam could have been.

>>13596277

That old PC game from the 90's? Gotta good source of info?

>>13596832

Thank you, have a Quebly realistically sized next to its pilot. Might be the wrong color though.
>>
>>13594640
what i want is a remake of 1-3(all expansions and maybe 4/4A) thats just a graphical update. nothing touched except textures graphics and models.
>mfw apparently no one knows how to remake a game with out completely changing the way it feels
>>
It should be like ACE but Armored Core. Also more super robot.
>>
>>13598803
>>add more physical melee options
>>make countermeasures matter. Hell,add chaff and flares back
>>remove missile spam. Make missiles something worth taking the risk bringing
Agreed, those are good ideas and I'm ashamed I didn't come up with those.
>>13598814
Fuck off you tasteless cunt, Kawamori is the soul of AC, go back to your generic VD designs.
>>13599580
>Explain it then, you pretentious cunt.
Check your weight and load, check your turning speed.
Consider that Boosters, especially the good ones are usually tuned on a trade off between acceleration and max cruise speed, if you want to go fast all you need is acceleration, so boosters like the CR-B83PT are your best friend, actually, this is probably the best Booster in the game unless you want a compromise with weapon load weight on a super light AC, in that case the BIRDIE2 is what you need.
If you want to go 2fast2furious and go from 0 to 500+MPH in 1.5 seconds you gotta use a PEGASUS backpart on a lightweight AC, that will make you almost untouchable IF you master it, it's a bit difficult to control at first because it gives you a huge boost to acceleration, very worth it though, I main that shit and it's godlike.
That said, all you need is tons of practice, I can spend all day explaining you a lot of nifty tricks in LR but you gotta feel the input and output feedback on yourself.

Usually you'll need around a Max Boost Speed of 530+ and a turning speed of 1400+ to be truly top tier fast, needless to say you must run paperweight ACs with next to no defense, but not getting hit is always the best defense there is.
>>
>>13594934

>fast paced ground based combat.

yes. like those wanzers that slide around. like vanquish but with mechs. I want my ac's feet to create sparks on the ground as they carve into it.
>>
>>13595018
It is, because hurr durr realism is a ever-present cancer in every FROM fandom.
>>
>>13601584
Are you seriously trying to tell me that I have to keep playing the game until I unlock parts that make the game's unusually slow camera speed playable? That's the most bullshit thing I ever heard. I'm not asking to start off in the best mech, I just want to play as one that's not Shit Slows speed. I only played ~30 hours of VD and it just makes LR look like one of those shitty Atari games. Not unlike going from Monster Hunter to Dark Souls, and you're just like "why did everything that worked turn to shit?"
>>
File: Armored-Core-for-Answer-PS3.png (845KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Armored-Core-for-Answer-PS3.png
845KB, 1280x720px
I WANT TO GO FASTER

I WANT UNBELIEVABLE SPEED

I also would like some battles in space. I would like to see the companies open up colonies in space and sometimes you get to battle in and around them in a seamless open environment.

Also more great music.
>>
All from software has to do is start over at 3 and make more core functions. Nexus was where the series plumetted. SL was the best.
>>
>>13601720
And with you here the hex is complete. Well whatever, the thread was going to be shit from the first post.
>trying to have a good thread about anything
>on /m/
What a riot.
>>
>>13601695
>Are you seriously trying to tell me that I have to keep playing the game until I unlock parts that make the game's unusually slow camera speed playable?
Your fault you didn't import the data from the previous games like everyone else di...Ah yes, you're a VD babby, sorry, this game isn't quickboost farting 24/7 the game, it's not designed like that and if you want to go "fast" you do have to put effort in the game.
>I'm not asking to start off in the best mech, I just want to play as one that's not Shit Slows speed.
You're asking exactly that, because AC before 4 was never about going fast for free, you're just getting shellshocked about radically different game designs, if you want a game aimed at ADHD kids LR simply isn't for you, but I guess that the real problem is that you're not a good player anyway, if you think that a game's speed is what makes a game good you're a deluded, salty idiot that can't adapt to changes. Go play ZOE or an ACE game if you want to go fast, the core AC gameplay was about maneuvers, not speed, then AC4 and V forgot that and alienated a lot of old players too.

And you're probably even too young to have played atari games back in the days, son.
>>
best era to be animated? also what will you prefer, the story be based on one of the games? just using the mechas of that era and having it's own original story? or being parallel to the story in the game (for example seeing how Cesar Venide conquer europe before having contact with 5 protag?
>>
>>13601735
>Your fault you didn't import the data from the previous games like everyone else di...Ah yes, you're a VD babby,
Fucking kill yourself, Jesus Christ. There isn't a single person on /m/, for as long as I've browsed, who has in earnest recommended an AC game that wasn't 3 or LR. Don't act like you haven't done it too. So yeah, I started with LR, because that was the most popular game that was out (as well as the latest). You were probably still on Gaia when LR came out.
>sorry, this game isn't quickboost farting 24/7 the game, it's not designed like that and if you want to go "fast" you do have to put effort in the game.
Correction: "This game is slow as shit and you either have to break the game or wait until it's over before it stops being terrible; but, I'm going to pretend that putting up with one of the only PS2 games where you have to remap the camera to the right stick makes you bad at the game!"
>You're asking exactly that, because AC before 4 was never about going fast for free, you're just getting shellshocked about radically different game designs, if you want a game aimed at ADHD kids LR simply isn't for you, but I guess that the real problem is that you're not a good player anyway, if you think that a game's speed is what makes a game good you're a deluded, salty idiot that can't adapt to changes.
Holy shit it's like I'm really on /v/ goddamn
>the core AC gameplay was about maneuvers, not speed,
How are you this stupid? Do you defend DaS' shitty patented "Roll Engine" too? Sorry if mechs moving at more than 5mph is too fast for you, it's legitimately hard to focus when you have all sort of enemies buzzing around and wrecking your shit. I guess LR is better for someone like you, because it takes place in Bullet Time.
>And you're probably even too young to have played atari games back in the days, son.
My mom got me a 2600 for my 15th birthday.
>>
>>13601761
Gen 3 is by far the best when it comes to world building and characters, but I wouldn't dislike a MoA and AC2 OVA. Having an original, self contained OVA or short series would be good too, but I want it to be as similar to the games as possible in terms of narrative and cuts, no direct shots, don't show anyone directly if not for random body parts if necessary, minimal dialogues, the MC isn't voiced, you can hear the operator talking to him but you can't hear the MC replies, do it like this and it would be a GOAT AC adaptation, though it would probably bomb hard because most people can't into any narrative that isn't spoonfeeding.
>>
>>13594954
>Last Raven
>low point

I could go a make a wall text on how you are wrong and how LR is one of the best games in the whole serie, but I will just say that epic shit taste.
>>
>>13601806
I feel that they could show actual people outside of the battles, but once they are in a AC, never shows the pilot, avoid showing their faces like gundam does while they are fighting, if they scream is just heard over the radio, no pain or surprise faces if something happen, full AC vs AC action like in the games, that counts operators too.
>>
Was the online in Verdict Day any good? I remember having a terrible time getting in game in AC5.
>>
>>13601795
>Don't act like you haven't done it too.
I would never, ever recommend to start with LR, it's like saying to someone who wants to start playing CRPGs to play Wizardry IV.
> I'm going to pretend that putting up with one of the only PS2 games where you have to remap the camera to the right stick makes you bad at the game!"
I play LRP with camera controls mapped to the D-Pad and give 0 fucks, you literally need to git gud.
>Do you defend DaS' shitty patented "Roll Engine" too?
Nice meme, and I don't like DaS anyway.
>Sorry if mechs moving at more than 5mph is too fast for you
I'm not the one having problems with high or low speed here, sonny.
>My mom got me a 2600 for my 15th birthday.
Your mom has shit taste and should've bought you a Commodore 64, she should have also brought you up a bit better since you ended up as a sperging tripfag with shit taste in both anime and videogames.
>>13601824
I'd rather avoid showing faces altogether, but I guess I could live up with your option.
>>13601845
VD had much better online than V.
>>
>people bitching about LR

I played on PSP and it was balls to the wall awesome, stop blaming the game for your refusal to learn how to play.
>>
>>13601845

I only participated in the online in VD after everyone left. but I was very active during most all of the AC5 era.

Therefore I am quite biased to AC5. The regs were a bit more balanced in VD. The biggest bullshit only came from people lagging with pildrivers.
>>
>>13601860

but don't tell me you enjoyed the online. My team spent two weeks fighting to gain control of abandoned facility, only to lose it in a few days because its literally impossible to defend your shit. even if you sit there for hours waiting for a match. it was incredibly broken
>>
>>13601876

I enjoyed the online alot.

Basically I somehow got to increasingly better teams each time

It was like some no name blood angels or something to cvw-171 I think, to aspina, to raven republic, to ninebreakers. Eventually we took the entire map at one point.
>>
File: IMG_20150525_210416642.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150525_210416642.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
I've only played 4/FA, V/VD. Properly, I mean, I got AC1 on Classics but I couldn't really get into it, the controls just didn't jive. I miss my sticks man!

I don't have a PS2 or a PC that can emulate the other games. Shame really.

Think I enjoyed FA and VD the most, put the most hours into those two.
>>
>>13601853
>I would never, ever recommend to start with LR, it's like saying to someone who wants to start playing CRPGs to play Wizardry IV.
I have mostly had people tell me to start with IV.
>I play LRP with camera controls mapped to the D-Pad and give 0 fucks, you literally need to git gud.
>le git gud meme
Just because MHFU was playable with the camera mapped to the d-pad doesn't mean that it's preferable.
>I'm not the one having problems with high or low speed here, sonny.
>>if you want a game aimed at ADHD kids LR simply isn't for you, but I guess that the real problem is that you're not a good player anyway, if you think that a game's speed is what makes a game good you're a deluded, salty idiot that can't adapt to changes. Go play ZOE or an ACE game if you want to go fast, the core AC gameplay was about maneuvers, not speed
>she should have also brought you up a bit better since you ended up as a sperging tripfag with shit taste in both anime and videogames.
>Macross is bad now
And I'm still waiting on the anti-Imagawa circlejerk. Who'd dick do I have to suck to get the thing that I dislike hated on /m/?
>>
>>13601916

Oh wait. I looked on the Vita store with my PSTV and there's the PSP versions of Silent Line and Last Raven available.

Are those any good? They're like £7 each.
>>
>>13601937

dude, couldn't you like emulate those on a toaster?
>>
>>13601937
LR on PSP has really shitty controls and distance fog.
>>
File: 1415553676458.png (227KB, 534x486px) Image search: [Google]
1415553676458.png
227KB, 534x486px
>>13601923
>I have mostly had people tell me to start with IV.
As if, kid.
>Just because MHFU was playable with the camera mapped to the d-pad doesn't mean that it's preferable.
Moving the goalpost ain't gonna do you any good, you're still in dire need of getting good if you think the camera speed or movement is a problem in LR, considering how dumb the AI is most of the time you can just bait it in your FCS by going back on forth on the spot.
>>Macross is bad now
Didn't know that Macross and Robotech were the same thing, you retarded tripfag.
>>13601937
Literally this>>13601944, play it on PPSSPP if you have a computer that isn't a toaster.
>>
>>13601953
Haha nice git gud meme I'm sure you're very interested in actual discussion.
>Robotech
I never said Robotech was good though
>>
>>13601953
>>13601956
Note also that I got pretty far in LR before realizing there were story missions. All the arena fights I just circle-strafed around the enemies and jumped occasionally. Boosting was slow as shit and made me feel like I was going walking speed in any other game.
>>
>>13601956
Your trips say otherwise, you butthurt cunt.
>Note also that I got pretty far in LR before realizing there were story missions.
Yeah kid, whatever you say.
Just have some fucking dignity and shut up, don't you realize how much you're embarassing yourself?
>>
>>13601944
>>13601953

My PC is from 2006/7. The last thing it could run semi-decently was Left 4 Dead (albeit dipping into single digit fps at times). I could try but as I understand it you usually need a fairly powerful rig for emulation?

>>13601946

Really? That's a shame.
>>
>>13601972
>trips means I'm a fan
Meanwhile Lelouch and Black_Knight shit on Code Geass whenever they can, but I guess they both are just secret fans.
>Just have some fucking dignity and shut up, don't you realize how much you're embarassing yourself?
You're really posting like an adult. I don't know what happened but somewhere there must have been a huge power shift in this conversation, and I can't say I really mind.
>>
>>13601974
>I could try but as I understand it you usually need a fairly powerful rig for emulation?
For consoles, sure.
>>
>>13601990

Well, at least I doubt I'd be able to emulate any PS2 games; and I'd only assume that PSP games would have similar requirements.

>2ghz amd athlon
>512mb agp card
>2gb dimm ram
>>
>>13601974
PSP emulation isn't really that heavy, even my almost 4 years old ultrabook runs almost flawlessly and it's not a powerful machine at all, but if you say that Left 4 Dead already gave you problems maybe better off playing those on your Vita, just try anyway, it won't cost you nothing more than a few minutes to get PPSSPP and an ISO file.
>>13601985
I don't care about what your retarded tripfriends do, you're just confirming you're a whole lot of attentionwhores with little coherence.
> I don't know what happened but somewhere there must have been a huge power shift in this conversation
Whatever makes you sleep at night son, if you really don't realize how retarded you look it's your own problem, I just pray for you that you don't act like this outside of 4chan.
>>
>>13602009

I might as well try it. Any idea if PPSSPP will run okay in WINE? I've never had that much luck with that thing. Or if it runs natively that'd be good too.
>>
>>13602012
>Any idea if PPSSPP will run okay in WINE?
PPSSPP runs natively on Linux as well so you don't need WINE at all.
>>
>>13602016

I'll give it a go then. I haven't really played games on my PC in years, the most complex thing I've run is Doom. (which sometimes struggles, which doesn't seem right; my PC is old but not that old)
>>
>>13601856
LR is great, the only "bad" thing I could say about the game is that is NOT newbie friendly, you better play at least another AC first.
>>
>>13601916
>Paintjob

METAL WOLF is that you?
>>
>>13601761
4A, after ORCA ending.
>>
>>13602035
Admittedly its learning curve is such a wicked vertical cliff that early on it's not unusual to hate the game.

From personal experience it took sticking to the game through all of the rage and reading up on good builds to work off of to break past that and actually learn to love the game.

Though even then, fuck Rimfire in the face.

Or was it Pinfire?

Ah whatever, that one fight is the most dickish of the back to back raven encounters.
>>
>>13602053
on LR, is Rimfire, and yes he is hated everywhere.
>>
>>13602016

Welp, I tried. Installing PPSSPP, trying to run it does nothing. Tried running in terminal and I just get Illegal Instruction errors. I kind of guessed as much, nothing likes to run properly on my machine.

Worth paying £7 for, then?
>>
File: 1433093766574.jpg (97KB, 1161x688px) Image search: [Google]
1433093766574.jpg
97KB, 1161x688px
Bump, is Last Raven Portable worth buying?
>>
>>13601923
>Macross is bad now
Your tripfagtag is named after a Robotech character. You're a Robotech fan, not a Macross fan.
>>
>>13602111
>>13602148

It's shit, save your money.
>>
>>13595187
All of AC 5/VD's mechs look like they were built by GA America...which coincidentally is in AC4/4A. Oh well.
>>
>>13595568
What the fuck is this? Are you like 10 or something?
>>
>>13601735
>Game is super fast
>hurr durr only ADHD kids can play it
>somehow this is an insult
???

Not the anon you're arguing with, but I've never got this line of reasoning. AC4 and FA both require you to be paying intense attention to play properly (at least online). I was with you when you were like "different games with radically different designs", but then you turned around and started throwing out insults towards everyone who do like fast games.

>if you think that a game's speed is what makes a game good you're a deluded, salty idiot that can't adapt to changes
That can be said about anything. You can say slow methodical combat doesn't make a game good just the same, but you seem to be on a personal vendetta here.

I agree that that anon is an incorrigible faggot, but now you're coming off as one too.
>>
>>13594640

Take the stuff that worked in VD and expand on it. More map customization, more AI/UNAC customization, big maps with alot of cover that encourage tactical gameplay. Space battles would feel like AC4 era. Suits move much faster. Large open environments populated with frigates, colonies, battle stations etc. Terrestrial combat is basically VD except you can play the whole Risk/territory game on both Earth and Mars. Have more out of suit options. Once your AC blows up you get a second life after ejecting as a pilot with some anti AC weapons. Make it 64 v 64. Have several operators per side. Keep the 3 faction system. Add more tuning and obviously add more parts. Get the aesthetics of AC3.
>>
>>13602516
>Make it 64 v 64
Fuck.No.
>>
>>13594954

Masters of the Arena was quite good.
AC2 era was passable.
3, Silent Line and Last Raven are the best.
AC4 was okay.
AC4A was too easy, full pleb/casual mode
AC5 blew
ACVD got alot right and was pretty great
>>
>>13594986

Nah anon was right. AC4 and 4A were pretty shit.
>>
>>13599433

VD was great. It's actually difficult and requires tactics and team work to win. It's somewhat challenging to make an unmanned unit and program the AI. My grievances with it were the territory customization was meh and the maps could have been abit bigger / more complicated. Love the operator mode but it should have been expanded upon. The risk elements of conquering continents and a constant three faction war was just gravy.
>>
>>13599440

From is switching the Dark Souls team to work on AC pretty soon. AC will probably end up being the next money maker. Casuals will start playing and it'll probably be an open world game soon.
>>
>>13600187

Nah fuck super robot. Go play ZOE. AC is not for you.
>>
>>13602522

Fine:

Battle Mode: 64 v 64 (space only)
Skirmish: 32 v 32 (land only)
Hacking Mission: 16 v 16 (land only)
Battle Royal: 8 v 8 (space or land)
>>
>>13602542
it's something.
>>
>>13601923
>I have mostly had people tell me to start with IV.
>>13601795
>There isn't a single person on /m/, for as long as I've browsed, who has in earnest recommended an AC game that wasn't 3 or LR
Which of these is it you piece of shit? Fuck, dude, make up your mind instead of whining like a little bitch.
>>
>>13602530
Only they're not. Nice try though.
>>
>>13594640
That all sounds good except for the full series reboot, we just had one or two games with something like that and I miss my strangereal

What the hell is VD, is that the european name for AC5 or something?
>>
>>13602589

ACMOA is probably the best of the PS1 era.Haven't played the other ps1 games so can't comment on them.

AC2 and AC2AA are serviceable. Add the Mars element. But don't have much going for them in terms of story or replayability. AC2 has a fun arena though.

AC3, Silent Line, Last Raven are all great. Have solid stories, great looking and are simply classics.

Nexus, Ninebreaker etc. No idea never touched them. Probably skippable.

4 is like the PS2 games except pretty. Good maps, good design, good story but abit to easy and shallow.

4A is extremely easy. You can build anything and beat the game. You can build anything and it will be stupid fast. Looks pretty but that's it. Game is also hilariously short.

AC 5 simply blows. Doesn't feel complete. Adds alot of interesting elements not really worth playing though.

ACVD is tactical, rewards team play, offers AI customization, some map customization, 3 faction territory war that is quite fun. Forces you to build smart or you'll be weak to various damage types. Using cover and having balanced load outs is the key to success. Steep learning curve that punishes casual players.
>>
>>13602600

It's the expansion for 5 which made 5 obsolete. ACVD > AC5
>>
>>13602612
What

Since when
>>
>>13602616

Since like 2013. It's fairly popular on Ps3 still but it's pretty well dead on 360 apart from like 8 or 9 dedicated teams. Honestly it's the only AC game in awhile that I've felt rewards thinking and tactics in quite a while.
>>
>>13594640
I just want a good mech game. Lots of customization, nice looking mechs, fun gameplay, a nice story would be good too.

I'd be amazed if there was another AC, FromSoft could just sail on Souls games now.
>>
File: chair portal.jpg (54KB, 900x505px) Image search: [Google]
chair portal.jpg
54KB, 900x505px
>>13594640

Mix AC3, LR, 4 and VD together. Add space shit. Expand on all the features that already exist in these games.

10/10
>>
>>13602650
i agree, but fuck your space shit.

low/near zero G? yeah.

space? fuck your shit, gb2gendum
>>
>>13602600
>What the hell is VD
VD is for Verdict Day, some also say it like ACVD= Armored Core: Verdict Day, is the sequel/expansion of Armored Core 5, fixing most of the problems that plague 5 PvP...less the triangle damage/defense.
>>
>>13602610
>AC 5 simply blows. Doesn't feel complete. Adds alot of interesting elements not really worth playing though.

Since the servers are death, you basically only have the story mode Chief is more than worthy

>>13602648
Miyazaki said that DS3 is the last one, including bloodborne, the next game they are doing is the first game FROM will do since he became president. There is hope for a new AC game, but probably is a new IP.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-interview-it-wouldnt-be-right-to-cont/1100-6432425/

for the ones that are interested.
>>
>>13602714
Oh Armored Core

My bad, I got AC on the mind because of the new trailer.
>>
Last ac game i played was ac1 on a psx demo disc (i think official psm magazine)

WHAT is THE BEST game to experience armored core sp?
>>
>>13595018
Try Heavy Gear 2
>>
>>13602733
Ace Comabt 7?
>>
File: SLQuadShooting.jpg (54KB, 450x636px) Image search: [Google]
SLQuadShooting.jpg
54KB, 450x636px
>>13598803
>Here comes the one that will trigger filthy autists
>remove missile spam. Make missiles something worth taking the risk bringing
Here's the thing about that though, if we're going by mechanics of the old games (which we should), missiles were pretty important to all bipedal designs, since they couldn't wield cannons. Granted, this is less of an issue with 4 and V mechanics, which give bipeds more options.

>>13601695
>Are you seriously trying to tell me that I have to keep playing the game until I unlock parts that make the game's unusually slow camera speed playable?
You have to learn to boost certain ways while turning to make target acquisition faster. You'll be slow as hell if you're staying in one place, so you have to subvert that with careful maneuvering. There's also an optional part that helps a little.

>>13601703
>Also more great music.
Oh come on, this is AC. I think good music is a given.

>>13602467
>AC4 and FA both require you to be paying intense attention to play properly (at least online).
Not the anon you were talking to, but I felt the exact opposite. I felt like fA's combination of absurdly plentiful energy and ammo with wide open spaces made the game… I hate to say "braindead" because that comes off too insulting, but I felt like you didn't have to pay attention to anything except enemy position.

>>13602542
>From is switching the Dark Souls team to work on AC pretty soon.
sauce?

I really want local multiplayer back. I had the best times playing AC on PS2 with friends.
>>
>>13594640
First person cockpit view has been a thing before. I'm not sure if it's in 5/VD, but I played that way for a bit in Last Raven. Also, fuck space, that's not very AC, and why the hell would you even want a reboot? It's not like the story was ever incredibly amazing. Just mercs, mercin' along.
>>
>>13594954
>Low Point
>Literally any of the PS2 games

Well you're just damn retarded, Last Raven was easily one of the best, and the PS3 games started the decline. The low point is now.
>>
>>13603290
>Oh come on, this is AC. I think good music is a given.

While FA is the easiest game in the serie (a shame since it have the arms forts) I feel it have the best soundtrack overall.
>>
File: ac3006iq.jpg (86KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ac3006iq.jpg
86KB, 1024x768px
>>13603461
>I feel it have the best soundtrack overall.
It is pretty spectacular. I personally like 3's soundtrack the best, but some of that has to do with the juxtaposition against the preceding games. Light, energetic techno the entire series, and then bam, a hard, moody, orchestral soundtrack? I'll never forget how it felt watching the opening intro of my friends JP copy the first time. Fucking magical.
>>
>>13603480
> I'll never forget how it felt watching the opening intro of my friends JP copy the first time. Fucking magical

I am the only one that hate that VD didn't have intro?
>>
>>13603501
I dunno, I mean I wish it had one, but that's hardly the biggest problem with it.
>>
>>13602199
My only experience with Robotech was some secondhand tapes before the anime boom and Robotech: Battlecry.

>>13602569
>Which of these is it you piece of shit? Fuck, dude, make up your mind instead of whining like a little bitch.
I'm honestly kind of impressed at how bad your reading comprehension is.

>>13603290
>You'll be slow as hell if you're staying in one place, so you have to subvert that with careful maneuvering.
I'm not stupid dude, I know how to move. I just feel like 90% of my fights are Halo 2 circle-strafe matches, jumping included.
>>
>>13603581
Welcome to vintage AC, bunnyhop circlestrafe is bnb.

This has been the definitive tech since the PSX years, for the record.
>>
>>13603321
>Also, fuck space, that's not very AC
Space has been a part of AC's setting from the beginning, they've just never made any game mechanics for it.

I know most people aren't too excited by the prospect of it because it's usually fucking garbage and just normal fighting with no gravity, floor, or probably level geometry. But it can be done interestingly, particularly since Armored Core actually implements directional thrust to some extent.
>>
File: 1276711-nineball02_super.jpg (22KB, 345x334px) Image search: [Google]
1276711-nineball02_super.jpg
22KB, 345x334px
>>13602702
But anon, in the first Armored Core you fought on the moon, in a space station, AND in a satellite cannon. Also that multiplayer-only arena which was on these weird platforms floating above earth or something. I didn't know what was up with that.

Low-grav levels would be pretty coolio though.
>>
>>13602467
The problem with 4 and 4A was that they almost completely ditched maneuvering in favor of raw speed, the fact that 90% of the game was in open areas made it even worse since not only you can fly and fart quickboosts as much as you want, you don't even have to worry about the environment most of the times, the game becomes a braindead TPS where you basically take potshots inbetween quickboosting.
And I don't need to argue properly with idiots, I don't have the patience anymore, as long as you behave like a normal person you're getting everything you need from me, otherwise you can go fuck yourself, I don't give a shit about looking like better than a shitter anymore.
>>13603643
>I know most people aren't too excited by the prospect of it because it's usually fucking garbage
The biggest problem with space combat in AC is that outer space fucks over the series' basic design, unless you make something like a stage amidst debris or asteroids belts, which would be admittedly awesome(especially if you take environmental damage from stray objects or even better, mines), you're not gonna make a good AC game.
The biggest problem the series had from 4 onwards was that all the environmental aspect of battle is almost completely gone, not only because you can fly and boost for days with little to no repercussions, but also because you rarely have to worry about getting in a bad spot anymore, remember the garage arena in gen 3? it was a simple as shit concept and yet made the game much more strategic and tense compared to 90% of what 4 and V have to offer in terms of areas, granted that there are a few really good ones in there too, but they're not nearly enough.
I like AC because in a way it continued the tradition of all those old games like Valken or Gunhounds that borrowed a lot from VOTOMS, I play AC because I like a heavily ground based combat, sliding around and occasional the flight and Boost, if I wanted floaty 2fast4u mechs I'd play an ACE or Macross game.
>>
>>13603872
The ACs in 5 are ugly though.
>>
>>13603929
>The ACs in 5 are ugly though.
Yeah, that too.
>>
File: 4236889i.jpg (78KB, 620x392px) Image search: [Google]
4236889i.jpg
78KB, 620x392px
>>13603929
Those scrap metal builds, no symetrical parts, bulky size, I came to like them.
>>
>all these hate on 0G AC

don't you guys wants Omega Boost on steroids
>>
>>13604160
I belive people feel that 0G will be a more sanic game than 4A.
>>
File: Shamir.jpg (120KB, 800x581px) Image search: [Google]
Shamir.jpg
120KB, 800x581px
have some best girl.
>>
Is AC in space really popular? Wouldn't that be just Strike Suit Zero?
>>
File: 1292355729353.jpg (163KB, 720x800px) Image search: [Google]
1292355729353.jpg
163KB, 720x800px
>>13605035
AC4 maybe, but a lot of people don't want another 4-style game. The problem is that 4 and 4A was a lot of people's first AC game, so to them that's the golden standard. It's by no means a bad game, but the older fans are salty since FROM's completely ignoring the older style in favor of 4's me included. 5 and VD tried to make it a hybrid between the two but wound up faceplanting itself with a myriad of issues.
>>
File: gallery_34_4_18144.jpg (246KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
gallery_34_4_18144.jpg
246KB, 1280x800px
V and VD did a few things right. I liked the damaged/battle-worn part skins you could download. When I switched from V to VD, I put that skin on all my old parts and used the default for all the new parts I switched to. Was kind of fun in an immersive kind of way. I'd like that to return in future titles.

Also, keep bringing back the Motherwill. It's an impressive boss but was too easy in fA, now it's reappearance in VD as a team-only assault boss? THAT's the shit right there.
>>
File: Get your loli out of my mecha..jpg (77KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
Get your loli out of my mecha..jpg
77KB, 600x583px
>>13605772
One thing that VD have better than any of the past game is the emblem editor.
>>
>>13602553

>64vs64 at space with limited boost.

Tactical orgasm.
>>
>What do you want in the next AC?
Another Nineball
>>
>>13606142
>dat Neptunia
>>
>>13605271
I liked a lot of what 5/VD tried. I loved the smaller scale of the ACs, and I loved that it was trying what Chromehounds did. I just couldn't get into the game, and I couldn't find anyone to actually play with or anything.

The first AC game I played was the first one, but AC2 has my fondest memories. Something I'd like something along those lines, but maybe with decent controls.
>>
File: R-352.png (370KB, 698x552px) Image search: [Google]
R-352.png
370KB, 698x552px
When I think of 0G AC, I think of Ace Combat 3's space mission

Realistic space physics and confined to one or two special missions (maybe secret unlockable) and a multiplayer arena.

Just something to make us use the mechs in a different way with inertia actually being a major factor and the threat of either being shot off into space with no way back or being dropped to earth in a brilliant fireball
>>
>>13607878
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfXn-In8xrM
AC7 soon
Orbital elevator soon
>>
>>13607724
You like rape do you, little boi?
>>
File: 1294001653090.jpg (226KB, 783x924px) Image search: [Google]
1294001653090.jpg
226KB, 783x924px
>>13607954
Please, Nineball's easy so long as you aren't in a fatass AC or have shit weapons.

Except for the first time. The first time always makes sure you have a new asshole.
>>
>>13610330
>tfw could beat 9ball if I rebuilt my AC specifically for him
>be stubborn and force the build I have become comfortable with.
I think I've only beaten 9ball in 1 game.
>>
>>13594640
AC4A in space, but hopping from ship to ship to rock to ship to rock to rock to debris to ship.

While dealing with enemies in all directions. Of course, you get ultramassive Arms Fort-like bosses to deal with at times.

So I guess AC4A + Warframe, except you can land on rocks and ship hulls and debris between boosts or if you don't want to keep gliding in one direction and would rather make a stand behind a damaged ship turret or bit of rock.
>>
>>13607724
White Glint could be the one taking that role now.
>>
>>13610370
>>be stubborn and force the build I have become comfortable with.

Honestly, that's the way you should play.
Just use what you feel good with, it's the best way to squeeze out all your potential, at least in the classic series.
>>
>>13611728
Except it was a med Biped that prioritizes equipping a Karasawa. That shit don't work in tight spaces against 9 ball according to my experience. Plus limited ammo.
>>
>>13611735
>That shit don't work in tight spaces against 9 ball according to my experience. Plus limited ammo.
If that's the case you should just get better, I've seen people do amazing things with subpar ACs, you should be able to do the same, Nineball ain't that tough once you get his patterns down.
>>
>same world/corps/mech designs from 3-LR
>similar gameplay to PS1/PS2 games
>loads of new parts
>optional first person view
>wall kicks and wall sliding
>can punch/kick enemies when out of ammo
>cyberpunk city setting
>environment destruction
>good story
>PC port

I just want an AC game that looks and plays like the Nexus intro movie.
>>
>>13599139
>playing Last Raven before any of the other PS2 games
Last Raven is notorious for being ass-fuckingly hard.
Play 3, Silent Line and Nexus then try again.
>>
>>13594640

Bring back Mars.
>>
>>13613854
Damn sounds great. Wouldn't mind some of the more contemporary mech designs either.
>>
>>13613871
Is it? I didn't think it was particularly hard, but maybe I just didn't get far enough
>>
>>13611735
Funny thing is, med biped prioritizing Sawa IS my anti-Nineball build. Shit works like magic
>>
File: 9.jpg (459KB, 930x523px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
459KB, 930x523px
>>13615004
Karasawa was OP as fuck in the old games. Then again, most weapons were OP in the old games; by the time 2 rolled around ACs got slower and weapons got weaker. 3 fixed the speed, but weapons never were the same.

But yeah, my NB Seraph setup is a middleweight with Karasawa and missiles to harass when he's moving too much for an accurate shot.
>>
I must be the only one who hates both Overboost spam and 5's constant boost kick/wall jump bullshit. Near infinite air time makes me wonder why you bother having a ground component when 98% of the gameplay will be aerial.

I just want fast paced GROUND based combat, not a bunch of floaty nonsense where we snipe each other in the butt with rifles or missiles..
>>
>>13616503
Armored Core was never about ground combat though. Prevailing tactics from 1 through to LR heavily emphasized airtime, and staying gorund bound was a good way to get killed real fast.
>>
>>13616521
I played AC1 and it was purely ground based, especially with those awful controls.
>>
>>13616652
I think bunnyhopping is supposed to count as an air game strategy.

Ground sliding is far more energy inefficient.
>>
>>13595109
really want a model kit of this, its too bad no one wants to make it.
>>
>>13595044
you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>13616732
Didn't they make only one model from the ACV-VD series?
I think it was Vendetta.

I hope we eventually get a few AC2 models.
>>
>>13616503
oh please, i finished all of 3 and it's spinoff because i have the highground, literally, i always win when in the air.

Votoming on ground means suicide
>>
>>13620867
>Votoming on ground means suicide
Only if you're slow.
>>
>>13610372
>garbage,not AC

>>13613854
>godlike, AC

Learn the difference,it could save your lifw
>>
>>13620852
No. They did a lighter AGNI, Hanged Man, Matsukaze, and RIP3/M as well.
>>
>>13620867

>hating VOTOMS

why not just ask for a more customizable Ace Combat if you want jerk it about flying around like its an arcade flight sim
>>
>>13598994
>A frame rate that doesn't drop every 5 seconds.

This.

I can settle for worse graphics if it's buttery smooth.
>>
File: 1407135998263.png (19KB, 381x400px) Image search: [Google]
1407135998263.png
19KB, 381x400px
>>13594640
A next AC.

For real, I don't care. Just make it. Make it. Just fucking make it.

LR best AC, Jack-O did nothing wrong.
>>
Been getting back into mecha stuff in a big way after years. Replaying ZOE 2 and actually trying to finish SRWOG1 and then OG2. Need a live action mecha game with more mecha things like customization to balance out the fast paced actiony only of ZOE2. Have always wanted to try AC. Which one? I have a PS3 and a PC I mainly game on these days. so 5? Verdict Day? Or is it worth going further back for some PS2 era stuff?
>>
File: 44517283.jpg (250KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
44517283.jpg
250KB, 1920x1080px
>>13626584
Depends what you want:
3 is the best way in for new players if you like traditional AC controls.

3: Silent Line is perfected traditional gameplay.

Last Raven has analogue aiming but it's only really recommended to veterans seeing how it's basically a love letter to long time fans with it being the last game on that system. If you really want analogue aiming with more traditional AC then go with Nexus.

4 suffers from short and samey missions and basically plays like an updated late ps2 era ACs.

For Answer is very entry level and has a fast paced but more streamlined gameplay. It's still a good game, especially for newer players not willing to invest too much dedication.

V and Verdict Day really shine in multiplayer. VD has a better single player than V though. These two are like traditional older games mixed with newer aspects. Keep in mind that multiplayer is left unattended by Bamco - region locked, laggy and unpatched. It's a much better experience for Japanese players. Despite that, I still do recommend VD.

If you want to go way back to ps1 games then Master of Arena is easily one of the best entries in the whole franchise as well.
>>
>>13626604
Are any of the PS2 era AC games on PSN/store?
>>
>>13626628
Nvm they aren't. Oh well emulating time. Thanks a lot for >>13626604 though!
>>
>>13626628
>PS2 era
I don't think so. I recall them having ps1 era AC's though, not too sure sorry.

Ps1 games, 2, Another Age, 3 and Silent Line can be emulated though. Nexus, Nine Breaker and especially Last Raven not so much seeing how they used a more complex engine.
>>
>>13626645
Aight. Well plan's then for me to go through the PS1 games, then PS2 games (2, AA, 3, SL). then try my luck at finding Last Raven. Then if I still want more, VD.
>>
File: 45846345.jpg (880KB, 2400x1200px) Image search: [Google]
45846345.jpg
880KB, 2400x1200px
>>13626657
Have fun anon!
>>
>>13594839
Well, they've been trying to get to outer space since for answer. But apparently the destruction path happened instead.

It's not a leap by any means especially if you played it from the beggining. Almost every new sequel has shown the cores making incredible technological leaps and upgrades until you got to NEXTS but again the destruction path happened and humanity saw a bit of a reset on their technology in acv.

Besides it's not much a leap for an ac to be able to function in space. Especially NEXTS. If it weren't for all those Battery cells or whatever stopping anyone from leaving the planet.

Also there should be another human civilization on Mars
>>
>>13626660
>>13626604
I really like these pics, anon. Please post more.
>>
File: 42550861_p0.jpg (730KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
42550861_p0.jpg
730KB, 2000x1500px
>>13627087
Most of these are by this artist http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=3918848
Some nice AC artworks with his 3D models.
>>
File: 26445024_p0.jpg (381KB, 1444x1800px) Image search: [Google]
26445024_p0.jpg
381KB, 1444x1800px
Hell some of his originals are even viable in game.
>>
How does AC2 hold up?
>>
File: 20140626_214536.jpg (904KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20140626_214536.jpg
904KB, 2560x1920px
>>13626645

>>13626628
they are you scrublords, AC3portable, ACSL portable, ACLR portable and Armored core 1 are all on the ps store. you scrubs got to do some research this is all old news.
>>
File: testlines.png (465KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
testlines.png
465KB, 680x680px
>>13606142

those are nice. You make those?
>>
File: Jack-O.jpg (95KB, 600x686px) Image search: [Google]
Jack-O.jpg
95KB, 600x686px
>>13622702
>They did a lighter AGNI, Hanged Man, Matsukaze, and RIP3/M as well.
Oh, that's nice, I'm gonna check those out, thanks anon.
>>13626545
>Jack-O did nothing wrong.
I wouldn't say that but he certainly was the only one who at least tried to do something about Pulverizers that wasn't simply a dickwaving contest like Evangel or Zinaida.

He's also one of the most appreciated Ravens in terms of homo comedic fanarts for some reason.
>>
File: 1404469102970.jpg (231KB, 777x932px) Image search: [Google]
1404469102970.jpg
231KB, 777x932px
>>13628994
>portable
With all due respect, those should be avoided. Especially for newcomers who didn't even play their superior console counterparts.
>>
>>13629206
its the best option if you havent played the PS2 Games. the PS2 series is what made AC great. Last Raven was arguably the best AC game. Fite me and my zinaida waifu
>>
>>13630393
>its the best option if you havent played the PS2 Games
The best option in that case would be to play the PS2 games. Portable versions are imbalanced and poorly thought out in terms of controls. If you really want AC on PSP play Formula Front International.

>the PS2 series is what made AC great. Last Raven was arguably the best AC game
I agree with this.
>>
>>13630415
you can play the portable versions on a PS vita if you are too scared of the controls. they revamped zinaida's ai for the portable fight so that was nice
>>
>>13630415
Atleast the PSP versions can be emulated on your average shitty computer. Emulating the PS2 versions take a bit more horsepower.
>>
File: 1450041275235.jpg (78KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1450041275235.jpg
78KB, 540x960px
>>13630436
>if you are too scared
I beat LRP on PSP way back using a gimmick build for Zinaida because of the control fuckery that made it humanly impossible to fire both weapons while boosting away.

>they revamped
They just made her a bit faster and enabled her to keep a distance in terms of height relative to yours. This just made it more annoying to aim upwards, especially on those shit controls and in turn made her prone to being cheesed with the parry blade.

LR on PS2 is one of the tightest games in terms of challenge, with it being fair and incredibly gratifying. The game is also forgiving when it comes to resource management unlike older games. This was accomplished by taking the analogue aiming, which was relatively new to the franchise, and balancing the difficulty around it. Portable version just threw that shit outta the window.

Point stands that it's an inferior product to the original. I'll take your word that it's better on the Vita but since I don't know the details I won't go around recommending it to people.

>>13630465
>Emulating the PS2 versions take a bit more horsepower
True. Game is more playable in software mode at that. Though again, not counting Formula Front, PSP AC games are still more taxing to emulate on the PPSSPP than other games on it.
>>
File: 20140614_115633.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20140614_115633.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>13630491
you sound pretty upsetti
just git gud
after i played trough the first few missions on AC3P and a few arena fights i learned how to manage and do well with all the controls.
>>
>>13630499
>git gud
I knew it was coming.
I beat the game and got adjusted to it. My entire point went over your head because of the elitism.

As a game it's simply inferior to the original because of the reasons I already listed. Because LR was so balanced and the whole game adjusted to the controls everything was left up to the player. Its tight and responsive controls were there to state that every time you lost in LR it was your fault, whether it was your setup or bad piloting.

Overcoming the challenge in the portable version was simply tied to wrestling with controls that were simply out of place. Few setups are simply rendered unwieldy. The game is poorly made and restrictive because of it.

AC games up to Nexus are easily emulated on PCSX2. People should just emulate 3, Silent Line or even MoA if they want orthodox non-analogue aiming controls that are well thought out and usable.
>>
Saying LR was balanced around analog aiming is like saying SL was balanced around using OP-I.
>>
File: 1412196895433.png (202KB, 263x323px) Image search: [Google]
1412196895433.png
202KB, 263x323px
>>13630565
That sentences makes little to no sense.

LR was the finality in more than one way. The data acquired from Nexus, Nine Breaker and even Formula Front helped shape it.

After SL finalized the traditional controls, Nexus came in to introduce a whole other dimension. The heat overhaul introduced needed to be polished sure, but the new aiming system was very promising.

Nine Breaker was there to literally train both new and old players into this new take on the franchise. With it being based solely on fighting enemy AC's and training missions involving aiming and movement. It was also a PVP hub because of the unlocked parts. Simply put NB streamlined the controls and made them more accessible.

Now because it was easier to control your AC the AI needed to be adjusted to be more challenging in turn. This is where Formula Front came in to play. This game had you manage your very own AI. It was a feature brought back from SL that got expanded further. Players were tasked to think of the best AI behavior + setup and situational counter setup combinations for the online PVP because (at least before the International version) direct control of the AC was not possible. From took the tournament winners' AI and implemented them in LR. This is why the behavior of LR AI is so insanely smarter when compared to NB and Nexus.

Taking a single brick out of this wall will ruin the whole process, which is precisely what the portable version did. The controls changed but the AI that was made to counter them remained the same.

But regardless of that, the controls are shit even when you take them as stand alone. Clunky and poorly thought out; which is why I recommend even the older traditional AC games to newcomers over Portables.
>>
>>13594640
- AC parts that range from boxy to sleek.
- Environments ranging from deserts, highlands, jungles, steppes to cities of various sizes
- A story that will suck you in with really well fleshed out characters (that undergo further character development)
- Lighting fast action, and truly insane stunts
- A new game + mode where the final boss and his four lieutenants are piloting Nineballs Seraph and some heavily modified OP ACs (if you unlocked certain data you collected during the new game +, then you fight them in Nineballs)
>>
File: ジョン・クリーズ.jpg (56KB, 511x380px) Image search: [Google]
ジョン・クリーズ.jpg
56KB, 511x380px
>>13631050
>- A story that will suck you in with really well fleshed out characters (that undergo further character development)
>- Lighting fast action, and truly insane stunts
>>
>>13624098
Nice reading comprehension, retard.
>>
File: 1410640610767.jpg (60KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1410640610767.jpg
60KB, 500x400px
>>13631050
That entire post is terrible.
>>
File: 1592_front.jpg (115KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
1592_front.jpg
115KB, 640x908px
Do AC5 and Verdict Day actually differ much from one another? I really wanted to get into AC5 when it came out, but I just couldn't, but now I'm majorly hankering for some customisable mech shooty fun.

Pic related was the last one I majorly got into, as a kid. I spent my childhood trying to recreate that machine.

Should I avoid the portable ones on the PSN store? I have a Vita.
>>
>>13601876

Being bad at ACVD...so this is where all the butthurt comes from.
>>
>>13607815

Custom AI with the UNACS and the Risk style territory conquest and customization turns me on so hard. Also the tactics of it all...hiding behind buildings and shit matters. Being fast isn't enough to win. Armor types matter. Weapon load outs matter. Best AC game by far.
>>
>>13610372

Eh this sounds like ZOE or Virtual On for some reason to me. AC4A is too easy. Can we get another hard AC game please?
>>
>>13626604

This is the right answer.

AC6 should be a combination of all the best elements of these games. Bring back Mars.
>>
>>13631746

VD is superior to V in every way. It's basically the streamlined, balanced expansion.
>>
>>13630653
As one who played both LR and LRP I really don't get this claim of yours about controls, at all.
Not to mention that the AI improvements you mention are nonexistent, the AI is the same dumb one that people had to deal with in AC3/SL/Nexus and Ninebreaker, the fights where you think that AI is relevant to the difficulty is because the AC's stats are hacked to hell and further worsened by giving everyone but you OP-I capabilities and unviable builds that only work because the AI is cheating.

Evangel and the last Arena opponent, Demon, share the same exact patterns and AI blindspot, they're are only more threatening than others because they exploit OP-I for spamming their back Linear weapons, it's the only thing that makes them more dangerous than the average AI.

Rimfire is a dumb as fuck AI that charges forward and doesn't even bother evading missiles but he's got OP-I that makes its otherwise unplayable setup viable by removing overweight effects and giving it tons of extra energy for moving around as much as it wants, coupled with two FINGERS and a chaingun it's devastating to fight head on because it has an advantage that that loadout doesn't have without actual cheats, it's not refined or complex, it's typical FROM meta bullshit where you have to fight a tank with a spoon.

LRP having a worse, admittedly much worse control scheme doesn't make it more difficult, especially for newcomers who aren't used to older schemes and can learn without being conditioned, I myself have actually improved quite a lot by being forced to use my own scheme that locks me out of purging parts, I was forced to find other ways to beat things and I found out A LOT of stupid exploitable shit I never found out back in LR, then I got used to another scheme that enables me to purge and guess what? I never ever needed to purge again even on the PS2, I rarely use back weapons besides missiles and I really don't get any advantage by purging as I already use light, fast ACs.
>>
File: Armored_Core_-_Nine_Breaker[1].jpg (159KB, 349x490px) Image search: [Google]
Armored_Core_-_Nine_Breaker[1].jpg
159KB, 349x490px
Is it true that Nine Breaker has no story mode? I was thinking trying to hunt down a copy (isn't it supposed to be the best of the PS2 games?), but if it's not got a proper single player I'm not sure it's worth it.

I was also gonna try Verdict Day, but isn't that and 5 focused mainly on the multiplayer?
>>
File: 41979509_p0.jpg (235KB, 597x700px) Image search: [Google]
41979509_p0.jpg
235KB, 597x700px
>>13633200
NB is a sister game to Nexus. Nexus had loads of content in terms of story and mission variety but it didn't have an arena.

NB is all about arena with parts being available for free. Also training missions. As a game it was there mostly for PVP for Japanese players so they can smooth the edges from Nexus into LR. I mean, even the very name "Nine Breaker" is heavily tied with an arena in lore. I still recommend it because the arena in it is still complex with ranking and huge variety of enemies, also many of the tiers being up to you until a ranker fight.
>>
>>13633200
>In a some-what controversial move, developer FromSoftware remodelled some of the basic elements of the Armored Core formula for Armored Core: Nine Breaker. Removed altogether are the storyline-based missions and instead 'training missions' have been added into the game, intending to develop a player's skill at piloting an AC. The game was divided into two modes, Training Mode and Arena Mode.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armored_Core:_Nine_Breaker
>>
>>13598803
As much as I disliked 4th Gen ac, making missiles risky to use was something I liked. If you tried to use them while someone was lighting you up with an automatic weapon they'd all blow up in your face and do loads of damage.
>>
Every AC thread anywhere turns into a twigweight humanoid circlejerk but I always loved clowning them with an energy based jousting tank back in SL. I dark horsed one of the bigger fansites at the time's (I think it was Raven's Nest but I'm sure there have been more than a few sites called that over the years) last SL fantasy tournament that way, ending up first place out of 64 entries. Hardly anyone went far from the ultralight dual solid sniper meta. It wasn't even a max defense AC with shields since those were banned and I wanted something more energy efficient anyway. Of course, being an FT meant it really helped entering something that doesn't need a ton of practice to play well. When in doubt, tank it out.
>>
>>13594640
I was looking to get into the Armored core series, what would be a good game to start with? I was thinking of starting with Last Raven portable.
>>
>>13636596
If you're going for the PSP versions, start with 3P and work your way up. LR will still be a pretty big jump in mechanics and difficulty but at least you won't be jumping into that wall blind. The PS2 versions are a lot easier to control, though.
>>
>>13596784
miyazaki stated that he wants to venture of to new from ip's he stated souls and bb were his projects when he wasn't the president of fromsoft , now that he is he would wanna try something new. a lot of people speculated on AC being the new thing but we could still hope. also new kojima ps4 game.
>>
>>13598774
and the gundam unicorn one
>>
File: 1405122627970.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1405122627970.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>13637954
>miyazaki stated that he wants to venture of to new from ip's
Yeah they're making some shitty JRPG for PS4.
>>
>>13633222
Nexus does have an arena, it just works differently from the other games.
>>
File: aceh (1).jpg (451KB, 1024x767px) Image search: [Google]
aceh (1).jpg
451KB, 1024x767px
>>13642218
Yeah I guess. Nexus has those missions that are really just arena fights but still counted as missions and most of them are on Revolution disc iirc. It doesn't have a separate mode with usual rankings and tiers.
Thread posts: 251
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.